Audio Sounds Damage

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

dratsaB_gumS #1 Posted May 14 2017 - 16:12

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27263 battles
  • [M-MAF] M-MAF

I know this isn't high on the list, but my frustration is high enough that I'm going to ask. PLEASE either make it so damage sounds can be modded or change them.
Why?
Tracks are the FASTEST, and MOST COMPLETE repair of all the equipment. Lose your tracks? No problem: in a little while they'll be back up to nearly 100% without the need for a repair kit.

Engine is one of the SLOWEST and LEAST complete repairs. Lose your engine? Give it time and it'll be back up to... half strength or so.
Given this is the case, it does NOT make sense that the track sound lasts longer and is more distinctive than the engine sound.
I'm in battle, I take a hit, I hear the engine and track sound combined, but the track sound lasts ~¾ second.. the engine sound lasts barely ¼ second.
So, since I HEAR the tracking sound, I hit repair without taking my eyes off of the battle and..   can't move.

OOOPS.. my ENGINE will now take 90 seconds for me to be able to repair because I repaired the easiest, most complete item.

When push comes to shove, the tracking sound should be the least distinctive of the major mechanical problems. Every other major mechanical hurts the tank more and for longer than being tracked.

Please please please - let me alter my sounds or make the engine sound be longer. You could make it so the engine 'diesels' down, coughing and sputtering..... that's distinctive.

Please.
PS - Yes, I can identify each sound individually. That's not the problem.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #2 Posted May 14 2017 - 16:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 12990 battles
  • [-SW-] -SW-

This is an

ARCADE GAME

cut out the 

Realism [edited]!

Omega_Weapon #3 Posted May 14 2017 - 16:19

Captain

• Players
  • 44686 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostdratsaB_gumS, on May 14 2017 - 10:12, said:

Tracks are the FASTEST, and MOST COMPLETE repair of all the equipment. Lose your tracks? No problem: in a little while they'll be back up to nearly 100% without the need for a repair kit.

Engine is one of the SLOWEST and LEAST complete repairs. Lose your engine? Give it time and it'll be back up to... half strength or so.
Given this is the case, it does NOT make sense that the track sound lasts longer and is more distinctive than the engine sound.
I'm in battle, I take a hit, I hear the engine and track sound combined, but the track sound lasts ~¾ second.. the engine sound lasts barely ¼ second.
So, since I HEAR the tracking sound, I hit repair without taking my eyes off of the battle and..   can't move.

OOOPS.. my ENGINE will now take 90 seconds for me to be able to repair because I repaired the easiest, most complete item.

​Actually you have a point. That has happened to me so many times now. We need the priority information first and it should be clear.

_Katyusha___ #4 Posted May 14 2017 - 18:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13021 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Obvious your tracks will sound after your engine died because of inertial force keeps your tank forward despite its power supply went caput.

Keep an eye on your tank's module and crew stats panel before repairs

zarg12 #5 Posted May 14 2017 - 21:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22509 battles
  • [REL2] REL2
People rely on sound to tell them what broke on their tanks?

Oh.

dratsaB_gumS #6 Posted May 17 2017 - 03:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27263 battles
  • [M-MAF] M-MAF

"Obvious your tracks will sound after your engine died…" If only.....
If it seemed like they were sounding off in turn, this wouldn't be a problem. I'd hear the engine sound first and hit to repair that immediately. But I don't hear the engine go, then the tracks, then the ammo rack, etc. When I lose my engine and my tracks, the engine's death sound is overshadowed by the tracks and ZOOM - 4...4..  why aren't I moving? Oh, damn.

That's why I'd love it if they were mod-able (like 6th sense) so I could get audio files that simply say "Engine's down!" "Tracks" "Ammo".. etc. That way the one that I consider most important is the longest. If they all make noise at the same time, I'll hear that one most. If they make noise in turn, I'll hear "Tracks... Engine's Down..." before I've lifted my hand to the 4 then...  wait, tracks or engine? Oh, yes, engine.. 1.
If they were mod-able so I could set that priority, that'd be great, too.. but I'd settle for me being able to make a very loud "Engine's down!" track and a not-so-loud & not-so-long "tracks!"

I know that I could 'easily' take my eyes off of my target long enough to look at the lower-left corner, then  make my decision and believe me, I've tried. I've also tried learning to simply hit 4...1....4  so that if the engine's dead, it'll get repaired, and if it's fine, then the tracks get it. But I hear that track sound and ZOOM - my finger hits 4.

For what it's worth, I think the track sound would go first, as the tracks get hit before the engine, and that makes sense. But I'd love it to be mod-able.

As to "it's an arcade game". yeah.. I know.. hence the mod request..     I'm not looking for realism, I'm looking for something to be tailored! :-D

Just frustrated.  Still love the game. :-D

Also tagged with Audio, Sounds, Damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users