Jump to content


Grand Canyon My feelings


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Slaynar1 #1 Posted May 14 2017 - 17:30

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22455 battles
  • 25
  • [JEDI] JEDI
  • Member since:
    04-12-2012

So have over 50 games in sofar, working all 4 main tank types. (though I suck at lights :) )

I am not fond of Grand Canyon, map area too small, the "flag" location is really easy for lights to gang rush and capture, with TD's and Heavies taking forever to get the, very poor angles for arty to reset. I have been in games that were ended in 2 mins by lights capping. A pretty pour arty map, little to know areas to set up safely and get angles of fire. Can be a good TD map if you don't set up and stay, gotta move around or get rushed by meds/lights.

 

I like the new game style, Maps could be a bit larger. The crew skills being able to use the free xp was a cool twist. For the future, if they could point things like this out ahead of time it would be nice. The gold for large consumables and the premium rounds is a bit harsh. 

 

Thanks for the opportunity to test this.

 

 



diesel__1 #2 Posted May 14 2017 - 17:33

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7445 battles
  • 6,323
  • Member since:
    04-27-2015

View PostSlaynar1, on May 14 2017 - 09:30, said:

So have over 50 games in sofar, working all 4 main tank types. (though I suck at lights :) )

I am not fond of Grand Canyon, map area too small, the "flag" location is really easy for lights to gang rush and capture, with TD's and Heavies taking forever to get the, very poor angles for arty to reset. I have been in games that were ended in 2 mins by lights capping. A pretty pour arty map, little to know areas to set up safely and get angles of fire. Can be a good TD map if you don't set up and stay, gotta move around or get rushed by meds/lights.

 

I like the new game style, Maps could be a bit larger. The crew skills being able to use the free xp was a cool twist. For the future, if they could point things like this out ahead of time it would be nice. The gold for large consumables and the premium rounds is a bit harsh. 

 

Thanks for the opportunity to test this.

 

 

 

Wrong forum perhaps?/?????????????

xrays_ #3 Posted May 14 2017 - 17:44

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41088 battles
  • 1,957
  • [FELOW] FELOW
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View Postdiesel__1, on May 14 2017 - 11:33, said:

Wrong forum perhaps?/?????????????

 

Really? Did you even LOOK at the area this is posted in? It's called "Sandbox".

 

As for Gold for Premium shells and consumables, it's so players don't simply spam Premium shells every single game like they typically do in test modes.

 

Also, I think it's hard to tell much about the two big maps while they are still so sparse. IMO, I look at these maps and think, wow, it can't possibly take six months to get THIS far? Just freaking wow, WG, two days with a decent 3D program and any student could have created what you have presented at this stage. The level of dedication is sub-par at best, and this just goes to show why we have so few good maps currently in rotation.

 

In the end, WG needs to hire competent designers that work at normal speeds. Six months is just ludicrous for building a new map, especially when the results are outrageously mediocre.

 

x.



DVK9 #4 Posted May 14 2017 - 18:02

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21879 battles
  • 338
  • [-TX-] -TX-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2013

especially when grand canyon looks suspiciously like erlenberg

 



Volkscom #5 Posted May 14 2017 - 18:22

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 38884 battles
  • 324
  • Member since:
    09-21-2011

The Canyon, yes the Canyon, we must not fall into the Canyon, it is if utmost importanz to be not belonging into the Canyon, and this is why necessity  to send an expert  forward to the Canyon before the rest of the many go see it for themselves, so that there is not mistaking



DVK9 #6 Posted May 14 2017 - 18:28

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 21879 battles
  • 338
  • [-TX-] -TX-
  • Member since:
    05-15-2013

View PostVolkscom, on May 14 2017 - 11:22, said:

The Canyon, yes the Canyon, we must not fall into the Canyon, it is if utmost importanz to be not belonging into the Canyon, and this is why necessity  to send an expert  forward to the Canyon before the rest of the many go see it for themselves, so that there is not mistaking

 

???

 



SquirrellyWraths #7 Posted May 15 2017 - 12:45

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 5490 battles
  • 51
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
  • Member since:
    06-24-2015

What happened to the grand maps? These aren't much bigger then the normal maps, but now with 60 players. The entire reason to get exited about Frontline was the massive maps, and the open field combat.

 



Goat_Rodeo #8 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:21

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6278 battles
  • 118
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1
  • Member since:
    06-26-2014

View PostVolkscom, on May 14 2017 - 17:22, said:

The Canyon, yes the Canyon, we must not fall into the Canyon, it is if utmost importanz to be not belonging into the Canyon, and this is why necessity  to send an expert  forward to the Canyon before the rest of the many go see it for themselves, so that there is not mistaking

 



Pongo #9 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:23

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 21675 battles
  • 1,675
  • Member since:
    08-06-2010
Canyon is the gamiest map I have seen other then event maps. Bold to try anyway. 

84Doc04 #10 Posted May 18 2017 - 19:26

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13986 battles
  • 437
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

Erlenberg Canyon was a flop in my opinion.  First, it came up only 3 times in the 30 some odd games I played, so I couldn't get a decent look around.  It was barren and campy, and felt like some designer wanted to push the envelope of most corridor meta map he could make.

I also see a huge potential for TK abuses with the gigantic, sheer cliffs.  Trolls will be pushing SPGs and TDs off those edges with no repercussions, because, hey, pushing you doesn't count as team damage.....

 

From a TD driver perspective it was difficult to find angles and lanes of fire, I can imagine it was even harder for Arty.  Scouts would be essentially useless as the whole map is pretty much a wild west shootout in narrow streets.

 

Not feeling the love for this one.  The Valley map was brilliant.  This one kind of blows.



TheCuro #11 Posted May 18 2017 - 20:33

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 15131 battles
  • 161
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
  • Member since:
    10-26-2014

View Post84Doc04, on May 18 2017 - 19:26, said:

Erlenberg Canyon was a flop in my opinion.  First, it came up only 3 times in the 30 some odd games I played, so I couldn't get a decent look around.  It was barren and campy, and felt like some designer wanted to push the envelope of most corridor meta map he could make.

I also see a huge potential for TK abuses with the gigantic, sheer cliffs.  Trolls will be pushing SPGs and TDs off those edges with no repercussions, because, hey, pushing you doesn't count as team damage.....

 

From a TD driver perspective it was difficult to find angles and lanes of fire, I can imagine it was even harder for Arty.  Scouts would be essentially useless as the whole map is pretty much a wild west shootout in narrow streets.

 

Not feeling the love for this one.  The Valley map was brilliant.  This one kind of blows.

 

it does count... if you flip, or drown a team mate it does affect team damage same with pushing people of cliffs, if they take damage from the fall/end up upside down etc. Tested in Senpai SH XD




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users