How to reskin and rename crew and the garage?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

majer63 #1 Posted May 15 2017 - 04:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 2016 battles

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to any guides or tell me how to reskin the garage and crew, and rename the crew with custom names. I have no experience with installing/creating mods for World of Tanks, so a beginner friendly version for this would be appreciated.

(Note: I'm posting here as I had trouble deciding between this place and the "Tank Skins" one, but decided that since this doesn't have to do with the actual tanks it probably belongs here. Please let me know if this isn't the case)

Mad_Dog_Seabee #2 Posted May 15 2017 - 05:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7085 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--
This could be a helpful guide actually if one of the Unicums responds.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #3 Posted May 15 2017 - 05:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1927 battles

View Postmajer63, on May 15 2017 - 04:52, said:

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could point me to any guides or tell me how to reskin the garage and crew, and rename the crew with custom names. I have no experience with installing/creating mods for World of Tanks, so a beginner friendly version for this would be appreciated.

(Note: I'm posting here as I had trouble deciding between this place and the "Tank Skins" one, but decided that since this doesn't have to do with the actual tanks it probably belongs here. Please let me know if this isn't the case)

You can install Aslains or there is the option of installing Folders manually into the res Folder.

http://aslain.com/in...-sound-preview/

Edited by _Schneller_Heinz_, May 15 2017 - 05:45.

_Katyusha___ #4 Posted May 15 2017 - 05:46

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8443 battles

Well, for crew pictures:

Go to WOT game directory

Inside "res_mods" folder, there is a folder named "0.9.18.0" or whatever the current game version is (u have to move your mods into new folder as new updates appears)

inside 0.9.18.0, create a folder named gui

inside gui, create a folder named maps

inside maps, create a folder named icons

inside icons, create a folder named tankmen

inside tankemen, create a folder named icons (again)

there, finally, create three folders: barracks, big and small

For in garage, images goes in small. You can copy those images into barracks and big folders, but you may go fancier and have separate pictures for them

OK, now the format, regular image is a png with transparency and sized 100x60 px, i recommed you to add a border glow to integrate it better with game graphics, like this:

This one is named china-12.png, that means it will replace the 12th crew of chinese tankmen icon.

You can also have wider pics like this, 151x60, to avoid img clipping.

for big pic (on crew info and exp panel) you can have the same 100x60 format, or choose whatever fix your tastes. I use a 2xx x 284 size, same, png with transparency and white outline halo.

In game looks like this:

BTW dont forget to match it with a voicepack.

Hope this help you. Greetings

Edited by _Katyusha___, May 15 2017 - 05:53.

majer63 #5 Posted May 16 2017 - 01:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 2016 battles

View Post_Katyusha___, on May 15 2017 - 05:46, said:

Well, for crew pictures:

Go to WOT game directory

Inside "res_mods" folder, there is a folder named "0.9.18.0" or whatever the current game version is (u have to move your mods into new folder as new updates appears)

inside 0.9.18.0, create a folder named gui

inside gui, create a folder named maps

inside maps, create a folder named icons

inside icons, create a folder named tankmen

inside tankemen, create a folder named icons (again)

there, finally, create three folders: barracks, big and small

For in garage, images goes in small. You can copy those images into barracks and big folders, but you may go fancier and have separate pictures for them

OK, now the format, regular image is a png with transparency and sized 100x60 px, i recommed you to add a border glow to integrate it better with game graphics, like this:

This one is named china-12.png, that means it will replace the 12th crew of chinese tankmen icon.

You can also have wider pics like this, 151x60, to avoid img clipping.

for big pic (on crew info and exp panel) you can have the same 100x60 format, or choose whatever fix your tastes. I use a 2xx x 284 size, same, png with transparency and white outline halo.

In game looks like this:

BTW dont forget to match it with a voicepack.

Hope this help you. Greetings

Oh wow, thank-you so much. I have a few questions about the process:

1. If I name it something like China12, I'm assuming this won't replace existing portraits. How would I select the custom picture ingame?

2. How do I add the white glow (Is there a specific tool to do it in GIMP?)

3. If I use a wider picture or one of those big pictures, will they be shrunk in game?

4. How do I add custom voice packs?

Edited by majer63, May 16 2017 - 01:40.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users