Example: XVM took over your game

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

joelmomma #1 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31082 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE
Mission assigned by Wargaming is TankRewards Clear and Hold.  Mission condition is to win a game by base capture 5 times.  Problem:  three people on cap and 90% capture, two people drive off the cap with no enemy tanks spotted in order to "farm" damage and kills to pad XVM's Wn8.  This mission completion was not possible due to an add-on that exploits players' perception that Wn8 is "the credible statistical method."  Wargaming provides statistically valid in game stats.  Perfect example how XVM controls the game, and should be banned.

Eisenriese #2 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:28

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6771 battles

^^ Agree 100% ^^

I 'was' an XVM user. I found I try harder without XVM. Also, its not very hard to tell which team has the better players. More top clans on one team normally means a win for that side.

How_Bout_Dah #3 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 40854 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
also shows how bad a player is and how you will have to adjust your game to try and get a win, capping is for the birds anyways less exp and money. kill entire team = more exp and silver

Aguiwar #4 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8465 battles

View Postjoelmomma, on May 15 2017 - 07:21, said:

Mission assigned by Wargaming is TankRewards Clear and Hold.  Mission condition is to win a game by base capture 5 times.  Problem:  three people on cap and 90% capture, two people drive off the cap with no enemy tanks spotted in order to "farm" damage and kills to pad XVM's Wn8.  This mission completion was not possible due to an add-on that exploits players' perception that Wn8 is "the credible statistical method."  Wargaming provides statistically valid in game stats.  Perfect example how XVM controls the game, and should be banned.

Completely agree. People don't seem to understand that a win is a win, and that a win is more important to overall statistics that one or two more kills. Besides, you get more credits and xp for a sure win than a risky play and loss. I already completed the 5 captures, but I had to BEG the teams for the capture.

Edited by Aguiwar, May 15 2017 - 14:33.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4229 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
Maybe I'm being unfair, but when I see four or five top tanks with 0 damage at the end of the game, I blame XVM.

Edited by YANKEE137, May 15 2017 - 14:39.

Hellsfog #6 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:39

Major

• Players
  • 29716 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postjoelmomma, on May 15 2017 - 08:21, said:

Alternatively, the other players realized that damage translates into more xp and credits for them or they'd rather shoot tanks or maybe they had a mission to kill tanks or get damage. I'm not a big fan of xvm but your complaint is really that they didn't rig the match for you. 

Firemoth #7 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:41

Major

• Players
  • 34102 battles

View PostAguiwar, on May 15 2017 - 23:31, said:

Completely agree. People don't seem to understand that a win is a win, and that a win is more important to overall statistics that one or two more kills. Besides, you get more credits and xp for a sure win than a risky play and loss. I already completed the 5 captures, but I had to BEG the teams for the capture.

except the OP did win?  he is complaining that he was denied his right to win via capping to complete his mission, so instead other people who try to win in any other method should also be denied their right to win in their way.

ironically, someone could say that they were denied xp/credits because someone capped base to complete the mission instead of chasing down the remaining enemies and how tankrewards is controlling the game and should be banned

Edited by Firemoth, May 15 2017 - 14:46.

84Doc04 #8 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:51

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14066 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

View PostYANKEE137, on May 15 2017 - 08:38, said:

Maybe I'm being unfair, but when I see four or five top tanks with 0 damage at the end of the game, I blame XVM.

That's just silly.  If you have tanks with zero damage, that's not XVM's fault, they just suck.  You don't perform badly because you have bad stats...   You get bad stats because you play like crap.

Nunya_000 #9 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:52

Major

• Players
  • 20411 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostHow_Bout_Dah, on May 15 2017 - 05:29, said:

also shows how bad a player is and how you will have to adjust your game to try and get a win, capping is for the birds anyways less exp and money. kill entire team = more exp and silver

There is NO XP or credit bonus for killing the entire team.

Killing all red tanks does not necessarily give you more XP or credits.  Sometimes, more XP/Credits can be earned by capping.

There is a coefficient given to all players on the green team based on the total amount of damage done to the red team, However, the amount given is fairly small.....especially for the last little bit of HP on the last couple of red tanks left in a battle.

Going after the last couple of tanks only really benefits those players that actually do damage.  Everybody else gets pennies.  While capping does not give out much in the way of XP/Credits either, I will take the win everyday over chasing down the last couple of tanks.  However, if I am in a position to be the one that does damage to those red tanks, I'm not likely to be sitting in cap.   

Da_Craw #10 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 18691 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

View PostHow_Bout_Dah, on May 15 2017 - 07:29, said:

This sentiment gets bandied about as if it is a hard and fast rule.  If you are the one who gets the extra damage and if there is enough extra hp to farm and if  it doesn't take too long, then you might pick up a few extra xp.  We never seem to actually hear how many xp that is.  If you are the one capping, you are almost always better off finishing the cap than to let someone else get the damage.  To be honest, I prefer to kill everyone because it feels good.  From a purely mercenary standpoint, the people on the cap are usually better off staying there.

OP, your point is a bit watered down since WG's own rating system is also boosted even more by those last few kills, since even the spotting damage would count. 

Aguiwar #11 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8465 battles

View PostFiremoth, on May 15 2017 - 07:41, said:

except the OP did win?  he is complaining that he was denied his right to win via capping to complete his mission, so instead other people who try to win in any other method should also be denied their right to win in their way.

ironically, someone could say that they were denied xp/credits because someone capped base to complete the mission instead of chasing down the remaining enemies and how tankrewards is controlling the game and should be banned

LOL I don't have words to counter your point of view. Maybe we should enjoy more and complain less. It is a game afterall. 

Great argument, pal.

_Gungrave_ #12 Posted May 15 2017 - 14:59

Major

• Players
  • 32942 battles

XVM is fine, some use it some dont.

#dealwithit

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 15 2017 - 15:00.

BattlecryGWJ #13 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:12

Major

• Players
  • 32273 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

View Postjoelmomma, on May 15 2017 - 07:21, said:

Problem:  three people on cap and 90% capture, two people drive off the cap with no enemy tanks spotted in order to "farm" damage and kills to pad XVM's Wn8.

You're assuming that people drove off cap to pad their WN8.  If I drive off cap, its because there's things I'd rather do in the game than sit idly on cap, which is a route to victory but for many players tends to be a trap which induces them to sit in an open area and wait for death.

joelmomma #14 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31082 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

View PostHellsfog, on May 15 2017 - 08:39, said:

Alternatively, the other players realized that damage translates into more xp and credits for them or they'd rather shoot tanks or maybe they had a mission to kill tanks or get damage. I'm not a big fan of xvm but your complaint is really that they didn't rig the match for you. 

Wow, the problem XVM creates has been highlighted by your comment when completing mission is now rigging a match.

CelticArchangel #15 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:15

Captain

• Players
  • 12608 battles

View PostHow_Bout_Dah, on May 15 2017 - 08:29, said:

See, this is the bull**** right here that I hate. You're not going to make millions of dollars and exp off that last kill. 
The different between a full clear win and a cap win are negligible. Winning is winning. You want those kills, work for them. I hate people who throw matches because they're sporting a chubby for kills. 

Pipinghot #16 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:15

Major

• Players
  • 25799 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Postjoelmomma, on May 15 2017 - 08:21, said:

Mission assigned by Wargaming is TankRewards Clear and Hold.  Mission condition is to win a game by base capture 5 times.

I'd say the real problem is a mission to win by base capture, which is fundamentally silly.

Don't get me wrong, a win is a win, and I don't ever drive off cap to farm damage, but capping is nothing more than a backup plan. The best way to win the game is to destroy the enemy team. Capping is only for two reasons - if there are only a couple of surviving enemies and it's not worth the time to hunt them down or if you're losing but are in a position to sneak in a win by capping. Other than those two reasons, capping should never be the primary goal, any mission that explicitly rewards winning by capping is a bad mission and should never be in the game.

joelmomma #17 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:15

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31082 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on May 15 2017 - 09:12, said:

You're assuming that people drove off cap to pad their WN8.  If I drive off cap, its because there's things I'd rather do in the game than sit idly on cap, which is a route to victory but for many players tends to be a trap which induces them to sit in an open area and wait for death.

I am certain they drive off cap to pad.  Why not wait on cap for the enemy to come to you, and kill them?  The answer is one would have to be a better player to kill from the cap usually with nowhere to run and on a time limit.

Walter49 #18 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:22

Major

• Players
  • 37044 battles
  • [SG] SG
The root problem is conflicting objectives.  WG rewards for spotting, damage and winning.  WN8 rewards for damage alone.  Personal missions reward for specific personal performance.  Tankrewards then adds other, perhaps competing, objectives.  What is suppose to be a team oriented game now has 15 players pretty much doing their own things.  IMO, the game was more enjoyable in the "old days" before becoming overly complicated.

Altwar #19 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:23

Captain

• Players
  • 46058 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostYANKEE137, on May 15 2017 - 05:38, said:

What is your definition of top tanks?  I've had some games with a scout where I spot for a few thousand in damage but achieved 0 damage myself.

Heck, I did this with my T34 heavy on Prov a few times because the team was camping on the west side and the mediums were either camping as well or were already destroyed.  So lacking a bit of patience, I took my slow tank and just peeked my turrent over the middle ridge ti get spotting damage and blocking damage while doing no damage of my own.

joelmomma #20 Posted May 15 2017 - 15:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31082 battles
  • [FLUKE] FLUKE

View PostWalter49, on May 15 2017 - 09:22, said:

The root problem is conflicting objectives.  WG rewards for spotting, damage and winning.  WN8 rewards for damage alone.  Personal missions reward for specific personal performance.  Tankrewards then adds other, perhaps competing, objectives.  What is suppose to be a team oriented game now has 15 players pretty much doing their own things.  IMO, the game was more enjoyable in the "old days" before becoming overly complicated.

Good thoughts.  Competing goals will always cause problems.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users