Jump to content


Checkmate WoT?


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
128 replies to this topic

101MeatShield #1 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

They Win?

checkmate.jpg

I just cant beat the games economics! 

 

SO I AM DONE THEN I GUESS?



Kliphie #2 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:23

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27306 battles
  • 1,399
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

Check your depot for unused modules in storage.  Sell them.  

 

Or play one of your 48 other tanks.



Cygnus610 #3 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:24

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33914 battles
  • 537
  • Member since:
    04-06-2013
Get some free Tier 1's and start grinding those credits.  you have 24 vacant slots...

Buttknuckle #4 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:25

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39155 battles
  • 1,445
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013
The economics of this game are specifically designed to prevent bad players from progressing for free via haphazardly spamming battles. If you are continually bad you'll need to spend more time in lower tiers earning credits or buy silver with cash.

Mercer_Keel #5 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 36003 battles
  • 2,612
  • [LTD] LTD
  • Member since:
    02-12-2013
play prem and grind credits, dab the 2 key less, don't use food. 

ShutUp_Karl #6 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:25

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 22187 battles
  • 393
  • [-1NA-] -1NA-
  • Member since:
    09-13-2015

View PostKliphie, on May 15 2017 - 14:23, said:

Check your depot for unused modules in storage.  Sell them.  

 

Or play one of your 48 other tanks.

 

What they said, plus you could look at some of your other tanks that you don't play and perhaps sell it off. 

101MeatShield #7 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostKliphie, on May 15 2017 - 13:23, said:

Check your depot for unused modules in storage.  Sell them.  

 

Yeah, I have a few but then what?

What happens when that money runs out?

 

Start selling tanks?

What happens when that money runs out?

 

You would have to run lower tier tanks to sustain gameplay, this is weird concept to me because I worked hard to get to the higher tiers where that battles are better.. 

GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING? I don't like that at all!

 

I paid money to bring my crew all the way up the ranks from tank to tank and now just forget them?



101MeatShield #8 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostCygnus610, on May 15 2017 - 13:24, said:

Get some free Tier 1's and start grinding those credits.  you have 24 vacant slots...

 

I have all ready played the lower tiers and worked hard on getting my crews worked up as I advanced them with each tank tier.

 

Cost me money to do that too..

 

I have every tank line unlocked to tier 7... 

 

SO I HAVE TO GO BACKWARDS TO PLAY FORWARD?



YANKEE137 #9 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:30

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5529 battles
  • 1,373
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015
The best things in life are free. Tier Ten isn't.

101MeatShield #10 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:31

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View Postbuttknuckle, on May 15 2017 - 13:25, said:

The economics of this game are specifically designed to prevent bad players from progressing for free via haphazardly spamming battles. If you are continually bad you'll need to spend more time in lower tiers earning credits or buy silver with cash.

 

SOO I CAN BE BAD? Just as long as I pay for it!

 

What if I consistantly score in the top 3 nearly every match even when defeated... I just see lots of defeats!



RingZero #11 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:31

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19777 battles
  • 2,191
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014

View Post101MeatShield, on May 15 2017 - 11:28, said:

 

I have all ready played the lower tiers and worked hard on getting my crews worked up as I advanced them with each tank tier.

 

Cost me money to do that too..

 

I have every tank line unlocked to tier 7... 

 

SO I HAVE TO GO BACKWARDS TO PLAY FORWARD?

 

If you can't make enough money to sustain yourself at tier 9 or 10, then yes.

CavScout19D #12 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 23889 battles
  • 4,497
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View Post101MeatShield, on May 15 2017 - 14:26, said:

 

Yeah, I have a few but then what?

What happens when that money runs out?

 

Start selling tanks?

What happens when that money runs out?

 

You would have to run lower tier tanks to sustain gameplay, this is weird concept to me because I worked hard to get to the higher tiers where that battles are better.. 

GO BACK TO THE BEGINNING? I don't like that at all!

 

I paid money to bring my crew all the way up the ranks from tank to tank and now just forget them?

 

It appears you promoted your crews past the tier where you can reliably make money. 

Kliphie #13 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:34

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27306 battles
  • 1,399
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
That's the WG model.  Pay for prem time or tanks to fund your high levels or play mid tiers to support the up and coming player base.  

101MeatShield #14 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:34

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostRingZero, on May 15 2017 - 13:31, said:

 

If you can't make enough money to sustain yourself at tier 9 or 10, then yes.

 

so you can sustain credits at tier 9 and 10?

36th_PEI_Light_Horse #15 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 10587 battles
  • 50
  • Member since:
    12-08-2015

View Postbuttknuckle, on May 15 2017 - 20:25, said:

The economics of this game are specifically designed to prevent bad players from progressing for free via haphazardly spamming battles. If you are continually bad you'll need to spend more time in lower tiers earning credits or buy silver with cash.

 

Yes that is what I have been doing. I only have one T7 and up to this point I have 20M silver for when I move up. I'll keep lower tier tanks that I like playing also. I know it is going to cost a lot for a below average player like myself to make silver at higher tiers so I am in  no hurry and just trying to enjoy the game even though I am still getting one shot by Arty from time to time.

101MeatShield #16 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:35

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostKliphie, on May 15 2017 - 13:34, said:

That's the WG model.  Pay for prem time or tanks to fund your high levels or play mid tiers to support the up and coming player base.  

 

I looked at that though, and as it turns out WoT is bleeding players at higher levels and the amount of new players joining is almost nonexistent. 

Markd73 #17 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 28423 battles
  • 3,226
  • [AOS] AOS
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011
Do what lots of other people do. Get a tier 8 premium and play some games to make credits.

Striker_70 #18 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 18501 battles
  • 5,283
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

Why don't you have any free premiums?  I have gobs of them. 

 

Anyway, if those are all the tanks you have, then you've forced yourself to go back to tier 1 and grind credits there.  Very bad planning on your part.



101MeatShield #19 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17091 battles
  • 590
  • [CLOAK] CLOAK
  • Member since:
    10-08-2013

View PostMarkd73, on May 15 2017 - 13:35, said:

Do what lots of other people do. Get a tier 8 premium and play some games to make credits.

 

Oh, so to play this game I have to invest in $50 tanks?

 

Wow, that seems expensive.. I can buy entire games for my PS4 and XBOX One for that much!



Kliphie #20 Posted May 15 2017 - 20:37

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27306 battles
  • 1,399
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012

View Post101MeatShield, on May 15 2017 - 14:35, said:

 

I looked at that though, and as it turns out WoT is bleeding players at higher levels and the amount of new players joining is almost nonexistent. 

 

And yet they're still reportedly profitable.  Who'd a thunk.  




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users