Small maps are promoting campfests

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

DreadZig #1 Posted May 16 2017 - 04:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 44837 battles
  • [TUF] TUF
I was really excited about frontline mode when it was on the huge map but 60 players on a 1.5 X 1.5 map is just stupid. Any show of aggression is rewarded by getting evaporated in seconds ,like people need more excuses to camp . WG please think about what you are doing , you say you are trying to stop camping but every move you have made recently is just amplifying it . OP premium tanks , broken camo values and corridor maps/ small maps are the issue not the solution.

landedkiller #2 Posted May 16 2017 - 06:19

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostDreadZig, on May 15 2017 - 21:07, said:

I was really excited about frontline mode when it was on the huge map but 60 players on a 1.5 X 1.5 map is just stupid. Any show of aggression is rewarded by getting evaporated in seconds ,like people need more excuses to camp . WG please think about what you are doing , you say you are trying to stop camping but every move you have made recently is just amplifying it . OP premium tanks , broken camo values and corridor maps/ small maps are the issue not the solution.

I couldn't agree more the tanks are broken especially among heavies being able to hold down entire corridors of a map specifically Japanese heavies more and more these days russian sometimes. I would imagine you'd die fast from those light tanks especially on that big of a map they just have even more places to hide. I was a wows beta tester like that sig of your's

Priest070 #3 Posted May 17 2017 - 15:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 20862 battles
  • [PINUP] PINUP

I am inclined to agree, if the 9km squared is too big, try a 4sq km, or even a 5km map. I've enjoyed all the versions so far and noticed some camping; however, i was able to get past it more often than not with a bit of cunning and patience. 

Cheers!

TheCuro #4 Posted May 17 2017 - 21:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15202 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
what the old maps where truely 9km by 9km.... you only really ever played on a 3km by 3km 'grid' and even then. this was.... event he 1.4km by 1.4km wasnt bad at all, and didnt feel locked down by heavies. having to trade and outplay opponents on the middle of valley was nice, it felt, it made since, valley was well designed even with 60 v 60 which was a bit much, but 20 v 20 wouldve been great on the map anyway, its grand canyon that really sucked, it was erlenburg with worse balance and worse corridors.

84Doc04 #5 Posted May 18 2017 - 19:16

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17808 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

I must strongly disagree with the OP.  The Frontline map was novel, but wayyyyy too big and with respawns and heal points there was way too much YOLO and suiscout charging. 

I played on Valley a good number of battles (20 or so) and didn't notice any real camping.  It was mostly from people being unfamiliar with the map and taking time to figure out where to go.  For 30 v 30 the 1.4km map was perfect.  Lots of distance but not so monumentally huge that the slower vehicles won't make it till the fight is over.  Also, from what I understand, with the mode locked at Tier 10 on the live server, there shouldn't be too much camping there either as Tier 10 players tend to be a bit better anyhow, since they ground all the way up.

In any event, the map didn't "encourage" camping any more or less than any other large map (i.e. Overlord).  

I did not, however, care for the Canyon map.  It was weird and barren, and felt like the ultimate expression of the corridor meta.  I know many people (Quicky Baby included) liked it, but it's not my style at all.

In short, the map has a wide variety of terrain features and areas of "urban" nature so there are places for all tank types to run completely amok.  Once they flesh it out with more bushes and detail items, it will be my favorite map.  I loved the mode, and seriously hope it goes live soon.

TheCuro #6 Posted May 18 2017 - 20:35

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15202 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

View Post84Doc04, on May 18 2017 - 19:16, said:

I must strongly disagree with the OP.  The Frontline map was novel, but wayyyyy too big and with respawns and heal points there was way too much YOLO and suiscout charging. 

I played on Valley a good number of battles (20 or so) and didn't notice any real camping.  It was mostly from people being unfamiliar with the map and taking time to figure out where to go.  For 30 v 30 the 1.4km map was perfect.  Lots of distance but not so monumentally huge that the slower vehicles won't make it till the fight is over.  Also, from what I understand, with the mode locked at Tier 10 on the live server, there shouldn't be too much camping there either as Tier 10 players tend to be a bit better anyhow, since they ground all the way up.

In any event, the map didn't "encourage" camping any more or less than any other large map (i.e. Overlord).  

I did not, however, care for the Canyon map.  It was weird and barren, and felt like the ultimate expression of the corridor meta.  I know many people (Quicky Baby included) liked it, but it's not my style at all.

In short, the map has a wide variety of terrain features and areas of "urban" nature so there are places for all tank types to run completely amok.  Once they flesh it out with more bushes and detail items, it will be my favorite map.  I loved the mode, and seriously hope it goes live soon.

I found this too, the valley was great, not campy but like the battle didnt end in under like 3-5 minutes which was great, like fights got decently drawn out and thats good a thing.....

_GeorgePreddy #7 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 19:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
true

Tahllol #8 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 01:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7419 battles

View Postlandedkiller, on May 16 2017 - 06:19, said:

I couldn't agree more the tanks are broken especially among heavies being able to hold down entire corridors of a map specifically Japanese heavies more and more these days russian sometimes. I would imagine you'd die fast from those light tanks especially on that big of a map they just have even more places to hide. I was a wows beta tester like that sig of your's

Dude Russian heavies are a joke as they can't hit crap at anything but close range and crap for pen and the armor overall sucks.

The German heavies and TD's and Japanese tanks are seriously OP in armor and gun, especially the Japanese as they don't even have to hit a weak spot to do massive damage and always pen thanks to the BS HE system.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users