Suggestions for Matchmaking in WoT

matchmaking Tier WoT Wargaming

3 replies to this topic

Ariella_Gray #1 Posted May 16 2017 - 21:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

So im not sure if matchmaking is the same on PC as it is for console but if it is then the suggestion applies to both systems.  If not then it only applies to Console.  

For a while now there have been many complaints about matchmaking in WoT.  Even I myself have made some complaints either out of pure frustration or a genuine need to see a better system put in place.  I believe it can be improved and this can be done one of two ways.  The first way would most likely end up with matchmaking being completely worse than it already currently is and that is revamp the system so that all tanks are on equal tiers.  For example, Tier 5 would only match up with Tier 5.  Sort of like a perminant Ranking Match.

This however would cause issues because of how some tanks are currently listed as wrong Tier.  Well now your wondering what i mean by wrong tier.  Well for instance lets look at the AMX ELC bis.  A Tier 5 tank that can play up to Tier 8 with good reason.  In the right hands this tank is a powerhouse as a light tank and can even take out Tier 8 Heavy tanks.  This tank however isnt the only tank thats in the wrong Tier. 

So instead of proposing an entired revamp of the system im suggesting two things.  1) Take the tanks that are in the wrong Tier and put them in proper Tiers for instance put the AMX ELC bis into Tier 6 or 7 tank listing rather than the Tier 5 listings and 2) Instead of allowing tanks to play in matches that are Two Tiers higher than the tank they picked make it only 1 Tier higher.  For example you would pick the AMX ELC bis (previously a Tier 5) Tier 7 and you would match up with people Tier 7 and 8.  No lower Tiers would be allowed with this new match making system as you noticed.  So a Tier 6 tank would match with Tier 6 and 7 but not Tier 8.  Which is what would happen if the Tier system was to allow a Tier below the tank. 

Im tossing out ideas but im hoping that this will help improve the system in the future.  And end up improving the game in the long run.

Mad_Dog_Seabee #2 Posted May 16 2017 - 21:17

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9595 battles
  • [-RG--] -RG--
I don't know if you are new here or not, or just a simply a console player, but PC no longer has 3+ MM for Light Tanks. So the ELC now gets the same MM as everyone else and it no longer has a 105mm.

Ariella_Gray #3 Posted May 16 2017 - 21:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on May 16 2017 - 21:17, said:

I don't know if you are new here or not, or just a simply a console player, but PC no longer has 3+ MM for Light Tanks. So the ELC now gets the same MM as everyone else and it no longer has a 105mm.

​Im just using the AM X ELC bis as an example nothing more.  You completely missed the point of the entire post.

QWERTYEel89 #4 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22110 battles

View PostAriella_Gray, on May 16 2017 - 15:30, said:

​Im just using the AM X ELC bis as an example nothing more.  You completely missed the point of the entire post.

He also missed the fact the ELC stil maintains the 105mm just with reduced characteristics (rightfully so I say)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with matchmaking, Tier, WoT, Wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users