Should premium rounds be taken away from clan wars and tournaments

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll to see how many people want premium rounds removed from detachments and tournaments or no (64 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should premium rounds be removed from detachments and tournaments?

1. Yes premium rounds should be removed from detachments and tournaments (13 votes [20.31%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.31%

2. No premium rounds should continue to stay in detachments and tournaments (49 votes [76.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 76.56%

3. Maybe premium rounds should only be removed from tournaments (2 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

4. Maybe premium rounds should only be removed from detachments (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

worldwar583 #1 Posted May 17 2017 - 15:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12105 battles
  • [18] 18
There has been many occasions when I would join a detach tier 6-8 and they would be loading the standard rounds in their tanks. However there would be some battles where they whole opposing detach would be firing premium rounds and that detach would win most of the time. So I was wondering what the rest of the players or developers would think if detaches and tournaments should be skill based and to make that possible premium rounds should be removed from detachments and tournaments.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted May 17 2017 - 15:57

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View Postworldwar583, on May 17 2017 - 07:53, said:

There has been many occasions when I would join a detach tier 6-8 and they would be loading the standard rounds in their tanks. However there would be some battles where they whole opposing detach would be firing premium rounds and that detach would win most of the time. So I was wondering what the rest of the players or developers would think if detaches and tournaments should be skill based and to make that possible premium rounds should be removed from detachments and tournaments.

or maybe we should make gold rounds the standard round.

and see how long it takes for the current gold spammers to start complaining.

it would defenitly force WG to balance tanks correctly instead of give excuses for 3 years

BigNaturals #3 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44755 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

lol really? 

premium rounds are there for everyone to buy with silver!!!!!!  so buy premium ammo if you choose not to use it that is your own fault and making a post like this about it just shows how well i cant say the word i want to.

dont go to a gun fight with a knife

this made my day thanks.

FYI it was the players that didnt and wouldnt buy gold to buy premium rounds that screamed its pay to win so make gold rounds available with silver this is so unfair so WG did that and now look its unfair they have more silver than me i cant buy gold ammo now.   I guess you want a trophy after every battle as well to now?

Edited by How_Bout_Dah, May 17 2017 - 16:03.

Poi_Qt #4 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:01

Staff sergeant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 28583 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
Ah, the age old complaint about gold rounds ruining the game :popcorn:

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #5 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostHow_Bout_Dah, on May 17 2017 - 08:00, said:

lol really? 

premium rounds are there for everyone to buy with silver!!!!!!  so buy premium ammo if you choose not to use it that is your own fault and making a post like this about it just shows how well i cant say the word i want to.

dont go to a gun fight with a knife

this made my day thanks.

so you'd be fine with them making gold rounds cost the same as normal rounds then?   as they available to everyone. we might as well make sure they are affordable to everyone instead of just a few

Bad_Oedipus #6 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 33112 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
WG trying to make money is ruining the game, need to pass AWGA (Affordable War Gaming Act) to make sure that every player with preexisting lack of skills gets to win their fair share of games.  That would show those purple 1%ers  

Edited by Bad_Oedipus, May 17 2017 - 16:12.

LeaveIT2Beaver #7 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 28323 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

PREDY2 #8 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 17 2017 - 16:02, said:

so you'd be fine with them making gold rounds cost the same as normal rounds then?   as they available to everyone. we might as well make sure they are affordable to everyone instead of just a few

You're kidding, right ?

IMO... anyone with at least half a brain for organizing can afford all the prem ammo they NEED for maximizing their winrate / WN8 / tourney play.

Play tier 6 SH and DON'T use prem ammo (SH doesn't affect your sig stats), make tons of credits... then go do what you really want to do and shoot all the prem ammo you NEED to win.

That's just one of MANY solutions that require zero dollars. If you can't spare the time... oh, well, that's on you.

Some players just want to cry and whine "I can't afford it (meaning they are unwilling to work for it), so no one else should be able to use it either !!"

Edited by PREDY2, May 17 2017 - 16:31.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #9 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:34

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostPREDY2, on May 17 2017 - 08:28, said:

You're kidding, right ?

IMO... anyone with at least half a brain for organizing can afford all the prem ammo they NEED for maximizing their winrate / WN8 / tourney play.

Play tier 6 SH and DON'T use prem ammo (SH doesn't affect your sig stats), make tons of credits... then go do what you really want to do and shoot all the prem ammo you NEED to win.

That's just one of MANY solutions that require zero dollars. If you can't spare the time... oh, well, that's on you.

Some players just want to cry and whine "I can't afford it (meaning they are unwilling to work for it), so no one else should be able to use it either !!"

then by that logic you wont have a problem reducign gold round's cost.   as by your own argument everyone should be able to afford it and thus it wont matter the cost of the gold round as people can afford it anyway.

Markd73 #10 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 28826 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View Postworldwar583, on May 17 2017 - 14:53, said:

This statement is misleading. If loading a premium round wins you the game then that is simply smart play.

Gunadie #11 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:38

Major

• Players
  • 37890 battles

View Postworldwar583, on May 17 2017 - 06:53, said:

I think some of you have not understood War Shamings logic and reasoning for Premium ammo!

In the early stages of the game Premium ammo was sold for cash only.

As many players (specifically clan and tourney' matches) complained that this was pay to win for those with deep pockets, War Shaming relented and made it as a credit exchange system, where it is today.

I believe War Shaming stumbled across the golden goose with this move as they realized that converting large amounts of credits was creating a vacuum

and they saw an influx of sales of premium accounts and premium tanks that were released into the game, ie. t59's, t30's and t34's etc.

It became obvious that the vacuum was generating huge profits with all things premium so War Gaming has concentrated on this aspect of the game more and more

while other aspects have fallen by the weigh side.

For this reason War Shaming will NEVER get rid of premium rounds...THIS IS THEIR GOLDEN GOOSE!

They "balance" the penetration rates of standard and premium shells with armor requirements of all tanks to encourage and favor the use premium rounds

so as to generate a need for them, plain and simple!

So, if you think you will encourage War Shaming to do ANYTHING with there premium shells with any forum discussion

you are failing to understand their place in the game!

MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:40

Major

• -Players-
  • 18551 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

When I run a tier 5-8 prem tank and fire all gold, the vast majority of the time I still come up net positive on credits   - and I'm a scrub!!

I'm missing something/ Seriously. Is it tier 10 you anti-gold guys are having problems with? I could see that losing a lot of credits. 

SuperTankDriver #13 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:50

Major

• Players
  • 20203 battles

If gold rounds were removed from the tournaments, EVERY single player with half a brain cell would use superheavies.

Tier 6s would be 7 OIs vs 7 OIs.

Tier 10s would be a battle of Mauses, which would always end up in a draw as it's already hard enough to kill a single maus with prem rounds, without prem rounds, and killing 7/12/15 of those in 15 minutes? Impossible basically.

Terrible idea.

bfp4f360 #14 Posted May 17 2017 - 16:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15194 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

i only sohot gold in clan wars cause it matters there. in T6 or T8 sh i dont cause usually everyone runs prems to make dank credits, if its T10 sh then yea ppl shoot gold cause lol t10 memes.

get gud m8 and u wont have to fire gold.......

djb_95 #15 Posted May 17 2017 - 17:02

Major

• Players
  • 83870 battles
  • [MUPET] MUPET

View Postworldwar583, on May 17 2017 - 08:53, said:

So... the other team equipped themselves to give them the best chance to win.

Your team... didn't.

:facepalm:

Ak_Lonewolf #16 Posted May 17 2017 - 17:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27920 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

guess whats free... Using hard cover and the terrain as cover. Just gotta start using your noodle... but thats hard I understand... Premium rounds can't do anything to you if they don't HIT you.

PREDY2 #17 Posted May 17 2017 - 17:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25 battles

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 17 2017 - 16:34, said:

then by that logic you wont have a problem reducign gold round's cost.   as by your own argument everyone should be able to afford it and thus it wont matter the cost of the gold round as people can afford it anyway.

No... my argument is that everyone CAN afford it.

I said they should be willing to work for it... by populating mid tiers, for another example.  If there were no difference in costs, players would not be motivated to work for them.

Also, players with money wouldn't feel any need to spend instead of work for it and the game would go broke (if spending motivation were removed from the game).

The freeloaders are simply complaining that people who spend money have an easier time obtaining good things like prem ammo... and that, my friends, is the cornerstone of the free2play model.

Edited by PREDY2, May 17 2017 - 17:19.

kingmeofme #18 Posted May 17 2017 - 17:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30170 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
My personal opinion is gold rounds shouldn't be available in competitive play. I've got plenty of credits to buy them, and I do, but they reallt are "skill" rounds. I think it would be far more interesting to require different tactics when facing armored vehicles than "lol heatspam". I think the winner is 99% skill and gold rounds have little effect on the winner, but I'd like it if you had to aim at real weakspots rather than the superstructure of the jagzilla or E3 and the turrets of the 113 or E-100

Silversound #19 Posted May 17 2017 - 17:35

Major

• Players
  • 35621 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

Ugg another Preddy account.

This must be his all bold account to go with his all green account to go with his all purple account. What a [edited].

Let's see ... add to ignore.. and... done.

OP, get over it. We all play the same game.

Nudnick #20 Posted May 17 2017 - 17:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 21679 battles
Take away armor. Armor is ruining the game and you don't even have to pay extra for it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users