Should premium rounds be taken away from clan wars and tournaments

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll to see how many people want premium rounds removed from detachments and tournaments or no (58 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 20 battles in order to participate this poll.

Should premium rounds be removed from detachments and tournaments?

1. Yes premium rounds should be removed from detachments and tournaments (13 votes [22.41%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.41%

2. No premium rounds should continue to stay in detachments and tournaments (44 votes [75.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 75.86%

3. Maybe premium rounds should only be removed from tournaments (1 vote [1.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.72%

4. Maybe premium rounds should only be removed from detachments (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #41 Posted May 17 2017 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostHellsfog, on May 17 2017 - 13:23, said:

Who does that? SirFoch but wait he's not an idiot so when he can't pen with standard ammo he moves.   Tell me, in your fictional world, where a player with a tier 8 to 10 tank, can afford a handful of premium rounds and refuses to relocate, is everyone bad at this game?

tell me, in your fictional world where they can relocate as easily as you imply,   and can afford enough gold rounds to fight a tier 8 in an easy 8 (2.8k credits per 115 dmg.  and thats if you pen.....and if you HIT)

tunnel maps = flanking, relocating, regrouping.     not as easy as it seems and usually not going to happen in pubs.
and income.   oh sure. if your in a prem tank firing a good credit to dmg ratio gold round.   who has good accuracy and actually reliable pen.   it might work.  

but not all tanks are like that.  hell some tanks have crap credit to dmg ratios.   from T-34-3's high price gold round.   to easy 8's forced spam.   both oh which also suffer from low shell speed and accuracy on top of unreliable gold ammo.

Hellsfog #42 Posted May 17 2017 - 22:08

Major

• Players
  • 30092 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 17 2017 - 15:37, said:

tell me, in your fictional world where they can relocate as easily as you imply,   and can afford enough gold rounds to fight a tier 8 in an easy 8 (2.8k credits per 115 dmg.  and thats if you pen.....and if you HIT)

tunnel maps = flanking, relocating, regrouping.     not as easy as it seems and usually not going to happen in pubs.
and income.   oh sure. if your in a prem tank firing a good credit to dmg ratio gold round.   who has good accuracy and actually reliable pen.   it might work.  

but not all tanks are like that.  hell some tanks have crap credit to dmg ratios.   from T-34-3's high price gold round.   to easy 8's forced spam.   both oh which also suffer from low shell speed and accuracy on top of unreliable gold ammo.

In your fictional world, where all tanks sit still and try to punch each other in the face and nobody grinds credits in randoms or strongholds and nobody has a premium tanks to earn credits so nobody can afford 5-10 gold rounds, how does anyone afford to buy new tanks? Do tier 10 tanks cost the same as a tier 2 tanks so everyone can afford them? Could it be that your personal over reliance on premium ammo is really the problem? 

Extraordinaire #43 Posted May 18 2017 - 17:26

Captain

• Players
  • 24345 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 17 2017 - 13:52, said:

if thats true then you should have no problem with reducing the cost of gold rounds so that all of us can actually afford them.

Did I not begin my comment with "Premium shells are affordable for everyone?"

Pretty sure I did. Because it is true. I don't use many myself. I am told I should. I have PLENTY of credits too. Trust me.

If you can't seem to budget properly, it's on you, and if you cannot pen a target in front of you, go somewhere else or use team tactics to overwhelm and flank the enemy. Basically what I am saying is 'get better at game.'

Yankee #44 Posted May 18 2017 - 19:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 32978 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
For the record there are very few premium rounds in the game that don't pay for themselves IF you pen

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #45 Posted May 18 2017 - 19:35

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostExtraordinaire, on May 18 2017 - 09:26, said:

Did I not begin my comment with "Premium shells are affordable for everyone?"

Pretty sure I did. Because it is true. I don't use many myself. I am told I should. I have PLENTY of credits too. Trust me.

If you can't seem to budget properly, it's on you, and if you cannot pen a target in front of you, go somewhere else or use team tactics to overwhelm and flank the enemy. Basically what I am saying is 'get better at game.'

you say they are affordable

and yet if that was true then there would be no difference to you if they lower the price so we can ACTUALLY afford it like you claim.

and yet you protest.  claiming everyone can afford it but you don't want people to be able to afford it.

you are not everyone. and yet you seem to think everyone is like you by your claim of everyone can afford them

mojave #46 Posted May 18 2017 - 20:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22050 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 18 2017 - 18:35, said:

and yet if that was true then there would be no difference to you if they lower the price so we can ACTUALLY afford it like you claim.

and yet you protest.  claiming everyone can afford it but you don't want people to be able to afford it.

you are not everyone. and yet you seem to think everyone is like you by your claim of everyone can afford them

So extraordinaire does not represent everyone yet you claim you do. Its really hard for me to understand how you as an individual represent everyone while extraordonaire as an individual does not. 

MacDaddyMatty #47 Posted May 18 2017 - 20:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 14364 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 18 2017 - 13:35, said:

I believe they are affordable to EVERYONE for OCCASIONAL use now.

They SHOULD NOT BE affordable for PRIMARY use.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #48 Posted May 18 2017 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View Postmojave, on May 18 2017 - 12:00, said:

So extraordinaire does not represent everyone yet you claim you do. Its really hard for me to understand how you as an individual represent everyone while extraordonaire as an individual does not. 

i'm not claiming to represent everyone

i'm claiming to represent myself.  aka part of the everyone he claims to represent.

see the flaw in your logic?

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 18 2017 - 12:15, said:

I believe they are affordable to EVERYONE for OCCASIONAL use now.

They SHOULD NOT BE affordable for PRIMARY use.

unfoturnatley.  some can afford to use them primarily.   while others (like me)  has to count each we use because low pen guns need gold for alot of tanks.

meanwhile tanks that dont need gold ot pen stuff, use it anyway.

hell take defender for example.  have fun fighting it in a super p or m46 kr.   or god help you a t95e2.

meanwhile it doesn't need gold to pen me.

mojave #49 Posted May 18 2017 - 20:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22050 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Strike. I feel you are thinking im backing extraordonaire here. Im not. My point is your counter argument is no more valid than his

Roccandil #50 Posted May 19 2017 - 00:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Premium rounds tend to reduce RNG, so I like them. I use them only rarely in skirmishes, however, and I generally make lots of credits there (millions). That pays for running all premium rounds and food in clan wars and then some. Skirmishes + premium time + premium tanks = solvency. :P

Plus, with the right T6/T8 premium tanks, I can grind crews for meta T10 tanks while making credits.

I do hate pub matches, though, and I rarely play those now that we can legionnaire in skirmishes and advances. That means when I do play pubs, I can go all premium on them if I feel like it (and why not, since those stats are the ones everyone looks at anyhow).

Extraordinaire #51 Posted May 20 2017 - 15:36

Captain

• Players
  • 24345 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 18 2017 - 13:35, said:

Well... for one, I did not protest anything. I did not say I do not want everyone to be able to afford it either. If I thought that, I would promote premium ammo needing to be more expensive. I am not.

Don't claim I said something I did not either. I feel everyone should be able to afford it, and I feel they can. If you bring just a handful to each battle as I do, and only use it when absolutely needed, and actually aim and pen it, you will not see credit loss. Only gain. They are priced low enough for all to carry some, but high enough so all do not carry exclusively Premium. That is how it is meant to be for good reason.

I agree that ALL should be able to afford them. That is only fair. If they were lowered, however, why would anyone use standard ammo at all? 

I am not trying to ague with you. I am suggesting you try it though. How many credits do you have? and what sort of tanks do you like to play? I would like to help you afford some good ammo.

........After looking, Strike, you don't seem to play anymore, but your top 3 played tanks are tier 8 premiums. You are not bad at this game either, but you don't have credits? It's pretty basic. Pen your shots, make money.

Try being a bit frugal with your credit spending. Sell old tanks you won't play as well as their extra modules... Buy consumables/equipment when it is 50% off, etc.

Edited by Extraordinaire, May 20 2017 - 16:43.

mojave #52 Posted May 20 2017 - 16:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22050 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
Nah fam. It was just the same argument on the other side of it

Extraordinaire #53 Posted May 21 2017 - 22:00

Captain

• Players
  • 24345 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
I hear you. I could give statistics on my profits based on a standard account and show that most games, even shooting a little prem ammo, I make credits. I just didn't want to give it the effort. My bad being lazy.

Mad_Maxximus #54 Posted May 23 2017 - 11:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23844 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 18 2017 - 18:35, said:

Did this poll teach you anything?  Did it maybe show you, and the millennials alike, that you have to work hard to play hard, instead of the government, private companies, etc., just giving it to you for free just because joe blow down the street has it and you want it too?

By the way, if you can't afford premium ammo on any tank you want, it is not the cost of the ammo that is the problem here, buddy, but rather your own personal game play, period.  Quit always looking for a handout and start looking in the mirror.  Good luck!

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #55 Posted May 23 2017 - 13:55

Major

• Players
  • 15566 battles
  • [2HARM] 2HARM

View PostMad_Maxximus, on May 23 2017 - 03:08, said:

Did this poll teach you anything?  Did it maybe show you, and the millennials alike, that you have to work hard to play hard, instead of the government, private companies, etc., just giving it to you for free just because joe blow down the street has it and you want it too?

By the way, if you can't afford premium ammo on any tank you want, it is not the cost of the ammo that is the problem here, buddy, but rather your own personal game play, period.  Quit always looking for a handout and start looking in the mirror.  Good luck!

way to accuse all millenials.

do you even know if i am a millenial?   cause heres the thing, what you accused is what every generation accuses of the younger.

https://www.youtube....h?v=s5pe7z_X4mA   <from 1968

and anyway.  the issue isn't that "you have to work hard to play hard",   its that while some of us need to work hard to earn gold.   others can pay to get it easier.   which is an unfair advantage.

if i work 8 hours at a job and earn $40

and you work 8 hours, at the same job, and earn $70.

thats not right.

tp091316 #56 Posted May 24 2017 - 03:28

Private

• Players
  • 17689 battles
  • [STL_T] STL_T

View PostAquatic_Poi, on May 17 2017 - 16:01, said:

Ah, the age old complaint about gold rounds ruining the game :popcorn:

not as old as "arty is ruining the game"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users