arty...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Abynormal1 #1 Posted May 17 2017 - 22:33

Private

• Players
  • 15462 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY
C'mon WG...how in the Hell is what you did to arty supposed to be a good switch with how they used to be? I mean sure, they don't exactly have the one shot capability anymore. But I'm not sure how taking this away and giving them a faster aim time, faster reload, increased dmg radius, a stun, and higher chance to injure crew members a fair trade? Just change it back to the way it used to be or at the very least take a couple of those abilities away to make them slightly less ridiculous...

Al_Capones_Gang #2 Posted May 17 2017 - 22:43

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28534 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK

View PostAbynormal1, on May 17 2017 - 14:33, said:

C'mon WG...how in the Hell is what you did to arty supposed to be a good switch with how they used to be? I mean sure, they don't exactly have the one shot capability anymore. But I'm not sure how taking this away and giving them a faster aim time, faster reload, increased dmg radius, a stun, and higher chance to injure crew members a fair trade? Just change it back to the way it used to be or at the very least take a couple of those abilities away to make them slightly less ridiculous...
Spoiler

Dirizon #3 Posted May 17 2017 - 23:18

Major

• Players
  • 25850 battles

l am fine with returning artillery to 9.17.

With the two simple additions, a huge Pen overhaul. Tier 2, the lightest artillery gamewide, should have 1Omm Pen~, according to caliber of course. Tiers 7-1O, which start and include the 8in+ artillery calibers, should have adjusted penetration to 3Omm Pen~ 

All artillery, from this 3in - 9.5in span, should be adjusted in-between 1O-3Omm Pen rates. Lastly, armour penetrating ammunition like AP / APCR/ HEAT gets removed outright.

When this is said and done,  A) arty penetrations are pretty much gone. A T92, the largest bored arty, would not be able to penetrate M24 Chaffee light tank in simulation. Most engine bays or roof, are 2O+mm so HE penetrations wouldn't nearly be as common. 

B)  Arty will still punish tanks in reduced spall damage in non penetrations, Not 1-shotting them with a Pen, but nevertheless still painfully wounding tanks. This teaches enemies a lesson in seeking cover, unlike now where a Maus or Type 5 sit under SPG shells and take 1OO~ damage a hit. 

CapPhrases #4 Posted May 18 2017 - 00:02

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6003 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
don't change it back. just just don't.:facepalm:

Powerwise #5 Posted May 18 2017 - 03:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10720 battles
Add rocket artillery! 

Weslinator #6 Posted May 18 2017 - 04:34

Captain

• Players
  • 6977 battles
  • [TXV] TXV
yea, but the reason WG changed it was because of those arty whiners who complained about arty one shotting them and raging about it. Now it is changed and now people whine about arty and want it back. Make up your mind people.

Abynormal1 #7 Posted May 18 2017 - 06:32

Private

• Players
  • 15462 battles
  • [GRIMY] GRIMY
Sure there were rare occasions that I would get one shot, but at no point was I nearly as annoyed with arty as I am now lol. Not enough to actually complain on a forum anyways XD 

UTurnTerminator #8 Posted May 18 2017 - 06:40

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6608 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

View PostAbynormal1, on May 17 2017 - 22:33, said:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users