• [GUNS3] GUNS3

Imma leave this here....

http://tanks.gg/comp...171_17.21.-1__0

Dave_181 #22 Posted May 19 2017 - 16:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14163 battles

Block Quote

In short the VK2801 is a meh tank with the derp being what made it unique.  The derp in no way OP on the tank given all of its weaknesses and the fact that the pen is only 53 (something that can fail to pen even other LTs).

I agree. VK28 is not a favorite of mine but like the ELC some people just love it. By nerfing these non-OP tanks WOT is just going to drive some players out of the game.

RunninKurt #23 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:30

Captain

• Players
  • 18468 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostIndygoEEI, on May 19 2017 - 07:38, said:

Imma leave this here....

http://tanks.gg/comp...171_17.21.-1__0

Sorry, was using AP as that is what Tanks.gg defaulted to.

Aknazer #24 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:38

Major

• Players
  • 16409 battles
  • [RDDT7] RDDT7

View PostRunninKurt, on May 19 2017 - 13:44, said:

In what twisted alternate universe can you find a tier 5 that does anything CLOSE to 3k DPM???

Again, you go off comparing stats of the VK to other tier 6 lights. My logic explained why the 105 is OP on a Light Tank at tier 6, and NOT on a medium tank at tier 5.

The tier 5 with the highest DPM is the Pz4H with the 105. It's at 2625. Every stat on the gun is worse than the VK2801 had with it's 105. (Again, comparing gun only, factor in the chassis and the Pz4 is even worse)

So if you'd like to have a logical conversation using LEGIT and ACTUAL numbers, let's go. Until then, 95% of your post is garbage whining. 

Get a clue.  Here let me help you.

We can clearly see that a TIER FOUR tank can hit 3.4k DPM yet your saying 2.9k DPM is OP at T6 (technically 3.6k once equipment and skills are applied).  You're also completely ignoring enemy armor as if T4 and 5 tanks have magically good armor and that T6-8 tanks suddenly have paper armor that is always penned by 53 pen if you flank them (which also completely ignores spaced armor, tracks, the accuracy of derp guns, and that flanking isn't always an option) which is completely backwards from reality.  There's a reason Hetzers are so feared and even the Pz IV H is to be respected if one has a clue as to the tanks they're fighting.

Being 1-2 tiers higher with the same gun is far from OP, maybe now you will actually get a clue.

Edited by Aknazer, May 20 2017 - 03:58.

ATankFullOfIdiots #25 Posted May 20 2017 - 06:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 34071 battles

View PostAknazer, on May 19 2017 - 23:38, said:

Get a clue.  Here let me help you.

We can clearly see that a TIER FOUR tank can hit 3.4k DPM yet your saying 2.9k DPM is OP at T6 (technically 3.6k once equipment and skills are applied).  You're also completely ignoring enemy armor as if T4 and 5 tanks have magically good armor and that T6-8 tanks suddenly have paper armor that is always penned by 53 pen if you flank them (which also completely ignores spaced armor, tracks, the accuracy of derp guns, and that flanking isn't always an option) which is completely backwards from reality.  There's a reason Hetzers are so feared and even the Pz IV H is to be respected if one has a clue as to the tanks they're fighting.

Being 1-2 tiers higher with the same gun is far from OP, maybe now you will actually get a clue.

This is where theory and actual game play diverge. NEVER have i EVER seen ANY t4 do more than 2k damage in any game. You can post comparisons all day long but in actual game play where RNG, Armor, bounces and just plain old bad luck and rotten teams are a real factor your numbers DO NOT COUNT. Hell, i bounced a 75mm AP shell off the front armor of a T50 LT at under 50 meters today. The in game stats are way more generous than actual game play. If any tanks actually preformed as reliably as their stats you as well as every other pro gamer would be the first to cry about it.

Aknazer #26 Posted May 20 2017 - 09:54

Major

• Players
  • 16409 battles
  • [RDDT7] RDDT7

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on May 20 2017 - 06:54, said:

This is where theory and actual game play diverge. NEVER have i EVER seen ANY t4 do more than 2k damage in any game. You can post comparisons all day long but in actual game play where RNG, Armor, bounces and just plain old bad luck and rotten teams are a real factor your numbers DO NOT COUNT. Hell, i bounced a 75mm AP shell off the front armor of a T50 LT at under 50 meters today. The in game stats are way more generous than actual game play. If any tanks actually preformed as reliably as their stats you as well as every other pro gamer would be the first to cry about it.

The person I was responding to was saying that a T6 LT having the derp is OP because it does 2.9k DPM and he then proceeded to ignore reality when it comes to armor, tracks, and general derp mechanics.  My point is that these lower tier tanks are balanced with the derp and they're facing tanks that have less health and less armor so to say that the LT which is already large, has poor camo, and sub-par handling/acceleration would suddenly be OP with it is BS.

As for your statement about not seeing any T4 do 2k damage, that's not surprising.  That level of damage would take the majority of the enemy's health to do.  But my T3 Locust has done over 1k damage on multiple occasions and my T5 Pz IV H has done 1898 so I'm sure there's seal clubbers out there with 2k+ damage in a Hetzer or other T4 tank.  But none of that is applicable since again the original statement was about a T6 LT being OP by having a 2.9k DPM with a derp due to the tanks it would fight.

QuicksilverJPR #27 Posted Today, 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19825 battles
  • [RPG] RPG
The guy mouthing off isn't going to respond back b/c his "logic", if that's what you can really call it, was proven to be utterly faulty.

The DERP gun on the VK was what made the tank.  Now it's just another pew pew piece of crap.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users