Jump to content


SPG discussion

Spg arty Now when we get found we ha.

  • Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

UnDeadDemon956 #21 Posted May 19 2017 - 02:07

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27354 battles
  • 341
  • [-ETU-] -ETU-
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View Postfwufs, on May 18 2017 - 19:55, said:

 

On my russian SPGs I've only 1 shot people 3 times since the patch, and that was due to engine fires they didn't put out. And I've direct hit lights and mediums multiple times almost every game.

So I don't know what magical paper tank you're using that it always get 1 shot but I haven't had the pleasure of being matched against it.

 

Though I do play at higher tiers with my SPGs so maybe things are different at the t5 and below range, but even then my M44 is just as inaccurate (see can't hit the broadside of a barn) as ever.

I don't know where this laser spg guided missile myth has been coming from because the accuracy buff wasn't all that much. I think you're just noticing it more now because SPG players are targeting lighter tanks since we can't damage heavier tanks. 

 

My amx 13 57gf and m 41 90 gf are the tanks i'm playing when getting oneshot. If it lands anywhere near the tank it takes 75% of hp or more and if it's a direct hit, instant death.

BuilderBob #22 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:39

    Private

  • Players
  • 13445 battles
  • 2
  • [XAPX] XAPX
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

Poor positioning allows you to be spotted and thus arty fires.... why does a 152 mm TD destroys another tank when the same caliber round as arty that rams a tanks with a 152 mm and fire point blank causes more damage by ramming than with the same caliber gun at point blank...the TD had to save me because the arty gun did less damage at point blank than the TD ( with 152 mm round) did shooting at frontal armor... BTW, I was at 90 degrees when I rammed the tank......

 

no wonder people have dropped out of arty like flies......



UnDeadDemon956 #23 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:53

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27354 battles
  • 341
  • [-ETU-] -ETU-
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View PostBuilderBob, on May 18 2017 - 21:39, said:

Poor positioning allows you to be spotted and thus arty fires.... why does a 152 mm TD destroys another tank when the same caliber round as arty that rams a tanks with a 152 mm and fire point blank causes more damage by ramming than with the same caliber gun at point blank...the TD had to save me because the arty gun did less damage at point blank than the TD ( with 152 mm round) did shooting at frontal armor... BTW, I was at 90 degrees when I rammed the tank......

 

no wonder people have dropped out of arty like flies......

 

Good i hope the trend continues till there is no more arty players.

ClydeCooper421 #24 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 10283 battles
  • 2,344
  • Member since:
    05-18-2015

View Postfwufs, on May 18 2017 - 16:12, said:

 

because if normal tanks arty play smart they can minimize the effect of arty normal tanks, and on some maps negate it entirely. 

FTFY

 

positioning is key. 

 

View Postfwufs, on May 18 2017 - 16:55, said:

 

On my russian SPGs I've only 1 shot people 3 times since the patch, and that was due to engine fires they didn't put out. And I've direct hit lights and mediums multiple times almost every game.

So I don't know what magical paper tank you're using that it always get 1 shot but I haven't had the pleasure of being matched against it.

 

Though I do play at higher tiers with my SPGs so maybe things are different at the t5 and below range, but even then my M44 is just as inaccurate (see can't hit the broadside of a barn) as ever.

I don't know where this laser spg guided missile myth has been coming from because the accuracy buff wasn't all that much. I think you're just noticing it more now because SPG players are targeting lighter tanks since we can't damage heavier tanks. 

 

Why are you complaining? Arty is super strong in it's current form and is a joy to play. It's way more fun than before so stfu and go stun the heck outta people ok? 

PW59 #25 Posted May 19 2017 - 16:30

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 13362 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    10-11-2015

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 19 2017 - 03:53, said:

 

Good i hope the trend continues till there is no more arty players.

 

​It would be better if there were no more whiners like you.

Fireplace4 #26 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 26580 battles
  • 240
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ
  • Member since:
    11-05-2011

Arty can win a 1 v 1 if they play smart still, the difference is, they can no longer win the 1 v 1 in a single shot. The problem before was that a light tank would be screaming through the woods, break bush cover, and bam outspotted and one shot by an arty waiting on the other side of the bush. Very few other tanks in the game could do this (and of those, many have problems with them as well). And those of you complaining that you haven't one shot many tanks since the update... I've only been one shot one time in my LTTB through the front, going 68 kph... but I have been hit for 1600 damage from BC 155 58s who put a full clip into me in my T110E5 frontally a couple of times (I get hit the first time, get tracked and stunned, pop both repair kit and med kit, only to be hit again as I try to get to cover. Without a repair kit or a med kit he can just unload everything into me). I've also been full penned in each of my light tanks (I play almost all of the tier 8 and 9 ones) a couple of times each for 700-1k damage. I'm still getting hit for like 700 damage on non-penning shots at tier 10 occasionally. Does it irritate me? Yes. Do I think arty is perfect? No. But I do think that the way arty is now is better than it was, both for those playing arty and those getting shot by arty (I play a couple tier 7 and tier 6 arty). So this was not a tirade against arty, it was more just me voicing my opinions on why this system is better than the previous one.



UnDeadDemon956 #27 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:01

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 27354 battles
  • 341
  • [-ETU-] -ETU-
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013

View PostPW59, on May 19 2017 - 10:30, said:

 

​It would be better if there were no more whiners like you.

 

Nah actually it would be better if more people complain like me then arty would be gone already or the game would have died.

OrnmiIler #28 Posted May 20 2017 - 07:48

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37969 battles
  • 579
  • Member since:
    06-01-2013

View PostUnDeadDemon956, on May 19 2017 - 17:01, said:

 

Nah actually it would be better if more people complain like me then arty would be gone already or the game would have died.

 

-1

Specifically speaking pre-9.18 SPGs made WoT the game of the people (all inclusive), thus whole and somewhat wholesome melting pot overall, and which brings in significant funds, if not the lion’s share of those funds to WOT.

While any negation of SPG caste to a present 9.18 subset, on trajectory toward total elimination, creates a more exclusive, onto totally exclusive club, which limits or eliminates physical playability for many, especially for the very young, very old, physically challenged, or generally not supremely ambidextrous. Also, those previous funds into present and future WoT coffers shrink, and ultimately are lost. Thus, WoT becomes more dependent on new players for most future revenue from here on end.

What are these whiner malignant narcissist perps so unfilled of, specifically speaking?

I agree that whiners are a vacant void inside, but I have trouble working out what it is they are empty of? Being that they are so full of it everywhere else!


 



dunniteowl #29 Posted May 20 2017 - 15:58

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17531 battles
  • 2,331
  • Member since:
    09-01-2014

Arty is fine, he told me so this morning...

Posted Image

 

GL, Have FUN & HSYBF


Edited by dunniteowl, May 20 2017 - 15:59.


Oxxan #30 Posted May 22 2017 - 05:44

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 17480 battles
  • 3
  • [EZ_CO] EZ_CO
  • Member since:
    07-22-2014

The Arty nerf has made the SPG unplayable.  Arty is a support vehicle.  They are not meant for direct combat.  They are meant to break up groups of tanks by unleashing inaccurate but devastating damage.  Right now Arty is a detriment to your team.  You are now taking up a slot with a vehicle doing 250 damage at T9 against a T10 heavy with a 25 second reload and min. 5 sec. aim.  I can no longer in good conscience play arty.  I can only hurt my team by playing arty.

 

the SPG is dead.   






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users