Jump to content


The new Chrysler K and you.


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #1 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 37986 battles
  • 10,000
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

Whether you buy this tank or not, others will.

Whether you feel this tank is just another cash grab or not, makes no difference.

 

WG has been moving in a new direction for some time now and the bottom line really boils down to adapt or move on.

I have not been a fan of this new direction, but i don't own the company, or work for the company, so my livelihood is not dependent upon it's profitability.

 

No game can stay the same forever, i understand that. Some changes anger players, other changes make some happy.

For those like myself, who are not embracing these changes, it's probably best for us to sit back and see where these changes take us.

 

I'm trying very hard to be optimistic, i'm hoping that once we get a little further down this road, that we might be happy or at least content with the changes.

 

That's my 2 cents on the matter, agree or disagree as you please.

But, try to keep this thread mature and constructive.


Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 18 2017 - 21:31.


Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 11,957
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 18 2017 - 13:30, said:

Whether you buy this tank or not, others will.

Whether you feel this tank is just another cash grab or not, makes no difference.

 

WG has been moving in a new direction for some time now and the bottom line really boils down to adapt or move on.

I have not been a fan of this new direction, but i don't own the company, or work for the company, so my livelihood is not dependent upon it's profitability.

 

No game can stay the same forever, i understand that. Some changes anger players, other changes make some happy.

For those like myself, who are not embracing these changes, it's probably best for us to sit back and see where these changes take us.

 

I'm trying very hard to be optimistic, i'm hoping that once we get a little further down this road, that we might be happy or at least content with the changes.

 

That's my 2 cents on the matter, agree or disagree as you please.

But, try to keep this thread mature and constructive.

 

basically yeah

 

i don't like the direction either. and have been considering taking a month long break (explore some other games and ignore wot)  and come back later to see if the direction they went works out.  or if it dug itself into a hole.

 

 

right now, it looks like a hole. but thats cause its early on.  



EnglishBob_ #3 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 5636 battles
  • 319
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015
Well I would like to see a bundle of GF tanks ... AMX 13 57GF, M41 90GF and the new Chrysler K GF.     And I would say WG just take my money .....   great BUNDLE    :great:

Edited by EnglishBob_, May 18 2017 - 21:35.


Lethalhavoc #4 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 37986 battles
  • 10,000
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostEnglishBob_, on May 18 2017 - 16:35, said:

Well I would like to see a bundle of GF tanks ... AMX 13 57GF, M41 90GF and the new Chrysler K GF.     And I would say WG just take my money .....   great BUNDLE    :great:

 

There is a good chance you will.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:37

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6371 battles
  • 1,513
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Seems like the best model for balance is like Rock Paper Scissors. Each class can exploit some weakness of another.



Termitey #6 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:39

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 87454 battles
  • 495
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z
  • Member since:
    06-29-2012

for the past 2 years ? roughly all there has been is new tanks

maps have been removed and 1 new map in this time

its a pity that all we do see is money grabbing from wg

we have all these new small things in game that should have been done 2 years ago

 

gameplay is stagnant because of the maps

 

players still leave the game you can see this in the numbers online

 

i guess they will figure this stuff out one day



HowitzerBlitzer #7 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 14883 battles
  • 7,638
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013
There's a bit campaign going on down at WoWS now, so I'll be there for the time being. I'm tired of all these tanks that break balance.

Dockmaster #8 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:45

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 40591 battles
  • 4,703
  • [ACES] ACES
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

Anyone noticing that posts critical of the Chrysler K are being quietly removed?

 

Will I finally get a warning point?

 

only time will tell.



riff_ #9 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 25455 battles
  • 8,424
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013
The "cash grab" as some have and will call it is not an issue for me.  It is the response by WG to the players that are calling it that, for this issue.  As I have said in the past WG is allowed to make a profit.  But WG should/could be a bit more lenient to it's costumers who disagree with why the Chrysler K was introduced.

Lethalhavoc #10 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 37986 battles
  • 10,000
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostDockmaster, on May 18 2017 - 16:45, said:

Anyone noticing that posts critical of the Chrysler K are being quietly removed?

 

Will I finally get a warning point?

 

only time will tell.

 

The threads are being removed because they are not maintaining a constructive format.

It's okay to complain, provided it's done in a mature way. 



Vampiresbane #11 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 24439 battles
  • 1,084
  • [MEDIC] MEDIC
  • Member since:
    06-27-2011

It's not a good direction.  The only good benefit is that the old premiums (Lowe, T34, etc) are seeing some balancing to help them keep up.  The Lowe is very competive in my opnion with the Russian tier 8 "IS-7"; unfortunately not sure I could say the same about the T34.  While it's better, it's not great.

The real thing to keep track isn't US server numbers -- I'm sure WG (not WGNA mind you) doesn't really see us as anything other than icing on the cake-- but keep track of Russian server numbers.   IF those take a big dive or that community starts getting super pissed about all of these over buffed premiums, we might see a change...otherwise, expect more of the same sadly.


 

Food for thought, I still remember when I first starting playing this game and we were lucky to have THREE maps.  We have plenty more and I'm thankful for that, but damn so many are removed because of balance problems.  To be honest, I don't give a crap about balance for these maps as over the long term, we'll all spawn on both sides an equal number of times, I just want to play all the maps WG has made.



riff_ #12 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 25455 battles
  • 8,424
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostDockmaster, on May 18 2017 - 15:45, said:

Anyone noticing that posts critical of the Chrysler K are being quietly removed?

 

Will I finally get a warning point?

 

only time will tell.

 

Yes I did.:)

Edited by riff_, May 18 2017 - 21:56.


ratpak #13 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:54

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 23866 battles
  • 2,325
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
  • Member since:
    11-24-2010

I personally have spent a good bit of money on this game since 2011.  I will no longer do so.  The amount of time playing this game has drastically dropped off and will probably continue in that direction.

All they put out are prem tanks while not adding any new maps.  The game is old and stale.  Pretty much all you have left playing are new players coming in and the e-peen clans.

I'll play a few games during the week just because, but my money is going other places.



JTM78 #14 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:55

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 17021 battles
  • 755
  • [OBSCN] OBSCN
  • Member since:
    08-16-2013
I am going to have to disagree with the OP. WoT is slow to fix know issues, WoT is slow to change things that they over nerf, and WoT does not listen to player feedback. All the English speaking WoT forums around the World are having the same issues NA is having right now and WoT has not done anything or reached out the players with a press release. I for one have quit playing the Live Server till they fix the MM and when I see a WoT press release saying what they fixed, I might come play again. The Light Tank issue shows me that WoT will nerf any thing even with negative feedback from Sandbox, Common testing and Live server. The Artillery nerf/buff is another issue that took WoT years to try something and they still did it wrong. I just don't have much hope for WoT. I hope I am wrong since I have 55 premium tanks just seating collecting dust but time will tell.

riff_ #15 Posted May 18 2017 - 21:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 25455 battles
  • 8,424
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 18 2017 - 15:52, said:

 

The threads are being removed because they are not maintaining a constructive format.

It's okay to complain, provided it's done in a mature way.

 

I believe that my thread was, I did not make copy of it so you only have my opinion on that.

I guess I should just keep to posting music video's. :)


 



Lethalhavoc #16 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 37986 battles
  • 10,000
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View Postriff_, on May 18 2017 - 16:56, said:

 

I believe that my thread was, I did not make copy of it so you only have my opinion on that.

I guess I should just keep to posting music video's. :)


 

 

All we can do is explore this new direction and look for the signs of approaching our destination.

This could be the beginning of a huge buff for many of the standard tanks.

 

WG must have an end game strategy, or at least a vision of where the game will be in the next few years.


Edited by Lethalhavoc, May 18 2017 - 22:04.


Groza_Tanke #17 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:05

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 55552 battles
  • 314
  • [TRAP] TRAP
  • Member since:
    11-21-2013

Chrysler is just ok. Nothing to write home about.  Played about 11 games in it so far.  2 at tier 8, 2 at tier 9 and the rest at tier 10. (a very small sample size so it is difficult to know if the tier 10 trend will continue)

 

The gun is fine at tier 8 but at tier 9 and 10 you need to press the 2 key too often as the standard pen is inadequate at higher tiers.

 

The tracks are shot magnets, so be sure to have repairs on your crew or you will be sitting perma tracked often.

 

Almost every game it seems to catch on fire (and twice in one game aaarg).  Carry an automatic fire extinguisher.

 

This tank is definitely not as OP as the Defender, but it is better than some of the other premiums.  Just don't expect to make a lot of credits with it as it sees tier 10 too often.



YANKEE137 #18 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:06

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 6371 battles
  • 1,513
  • [A_F_1] A_F_1
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View PostDockmaster, on May 18 2017 - 21:45, said:

Anyone noticing that posts critical of the Chrysler K are being quietly removed?

 

Will I finally get a warning point?

 

only time will tell.

 

On the plus side no one has griped about Arty for hours...

Lethalhavoc #19 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 37986 battles
  • 10,000
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

View PostJTM78, on May 18 2017 - 16:55, said:

I am going to have to disagree with the OP. WoT is slow to fix know issues, WoT is slow to change things that they over nerf, and WoT does not listen to player feedback. All the English speaking WoT forums around the World are having the same issues NA is having right now and WoT has not done anything or reached out the players with a press release. I for one have quit playing the Live Server till they fix the MM and when I see a WoT press release saying what they fixed, I might come play again. The Light Tank issue shows me that WoT will nerf any thing even with negative feedback from Sandbox, Common testing and Live server. The Artillery nerf/buff is another issue that took WoT years to try something and they still did it wrong. I just don't have much hope for WoT. I hope I am wrong since I have 55 premium tanks just seating collecting dust but time will tell.

 

A common misconception is that all of WG is on the same page.

Each department has it's own priorities, which are likely at odds with other departments at some points.

 

But each has the same goal that the CEO has outlined for the game, it's just a question of how each department gets there.



LeaveIT2Beaver #20 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:08

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 28284 battles
  • 7,193
  • [BRIG] BRIG
  • Member since:
    07-04-2014

View PostYANKEE137, on May 18 2017 - 16:06, said:

 

On the plus side no one has griped about Arty for hours...

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users