The new Chrysler K and you.

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Lethalhavoc #21 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 37928 battles

View PostYANKEE137, on May 18 2017 - 17:06, said:

On the plus side no one has griped about Arty for hours...

SNAP!

BaconMeLoveIt #22 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11158 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

It's a buy for me.

If I have the T26E5, then I would not bother. However, I only have the T26E5 (P). I can train two loaders at the same time; one on T26E5 (P) and one on the Chrysler K.

And... I'm kind of fed up with the T34. Glad the crew training for the 3rd skill/perk for my M103 is already completed last night.

Edited by BaconMeLoveIt, May 18 2017 - 22:34.

Gunadie #23 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:39

Major

• Players
  • 36232 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 18 2017 - 12:30, said:

Whether you buy this tank or not, others will.

Whether you feel this tank is just another cash grab or not, makes no difference.

WG has been moving in a new direction for some time now and the bottom line really boils down to adapt or move on.

I have not been a fan of this new direction, but i don't own the company, or work for the company, so my livelihood is not dependent upon it's profitability.

No game can stay the same forever, i understand that. Some changes anger players, other changes make some happy.

For those like myself, who are not embracing these changes, it's probably best for us to sit back and see where these changes take us.

I'm trying very hard to be optimistic, i'm hoping that once we get a little further down this road, that we might be happy or at least content with the changes.

That's my 2 cents on the matter, agree or disagree as you please.

But, try to keep this thread mature and constructive.

New moto

"welcome to pay to win" (an advantage)

And if you don't like this we don't give a ............

Lethalhavoc #24 Posted May 18 2017 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 37928 battles

View PostGunadie, on May 18 2017 - 17:39, said:

New moto

"welcome to pay to win" (an advantage)

And if you don't like this we don't give a ............

At this point, it does seem more that way.

But, it's hard to judge, before we see what other changes are in the pipeline.

From the information i'm seeing here and there, the new tank is a lot tougher on paper than in practice.

It seems to be very reminiscent of the old German tanks, of experiencing frontal transmission fires.

Which balances out the heavy armor.

Gunadie #25 Posted May 18 2017 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 36232 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on May 18 2017 - 13:33, said:

It's a buy for me.

If I have the T26E5, then I would not bother. However, I only have the T26E5 (P). I can train two loaders at the same time; one on T26E5 (P) and one on the Chrysler K.

And... I'm kind of fed up with the T34. Glad the crew training for the 3rd skill/perk for my M103 is already completed last night.

And another sucker is born!

Gunadie #26 Posted May 18 2017 - 23:10

Major

• Players
  • 36232 battles
  • [PROVE] PROVE

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 18 2017 - 13:45, said:

At this point, it does seem more that way.

But, it's hard to judge, before we see what other changes are in the pipeline.

From the information i'm seeing here and there, the new tank is a lot tougher on paper than in practice.

It seems to be very reminiscent of the old German tanks, of experiencing frontal transmission fires.

Which balances out the heavy armor.

As SirHavoc stated "whats the point of it other than stat padding"

Its out of balance and another blatant cash grab same as the Defender.

All profits generated at tier 6,7,8 games are dumped back into premium for 9 and 10 tier games

But War Shaming has been doing this for quite some time now.

The only difference now is that they don't seem to care what the player base thinks anymore.

Edited by Gunadie, May 18 2017 - 23:16.

Lethalhavoc #27 Posted May 18 2017 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 37928 battles

View PostGunadie, on May 18 2017 - 18:10, said:

As SirHavoc stated whats the point of it other than stat padding

All profits generated at tier 6,7,8 games are dumped back into premium for 9 and 10 tier games

The point is new content.

New pixels to drive around and thump people.

The game is a never ending grind, be it for credits, XP or stats.

You've banged off nearly as many battles as i have, why do you play it?

You could say for fun, but if you're losing more than winning, it isn't fun.

But you still play it regardless.

TLWiz #28 Posted May 19 2017 - 00:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 16869 battles
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT

I have seen some good changes.  Some of the new content is fun.  I have no problem not buying a K Car tank, but I have plenty of premiums. It is obvious that WG is in the business of making money - which is understandable.  If you enjoy something and spend some $$$ on it - that is certainly a valid choice. My spending has tailed off but that is just me and with better weather other things are more appealing.

Edited by TLWiz, May 19 2017 - 00:49.

Warrhorse #29 Posted May 19 2017 - 02:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 25333 battles
There HAVE been positive improvements, i mean come on. Win gold is easier that ever whit practically all the participants in a tournament wining. YET we have to make a distinction

a "PREMIUM TANK" like the CDC or t34 can be purchased whit "PREMIUM CURRENCY" AKA gold. won in CW, tournaments or why not, buying it and just save it but IN GAME.

a "MONEY TANK" its a tank that can ONLY be purchased whit MONEY, and no amount of gold/time/effort in the game will buy it EVER.

I do believe WG keep it "Fair" for a long time, i remember prems being bad tanks. having shell discounts and etc.

now the are moving into the trend of maximum profit. ( MAKE ALL THE MONEYS) its bad when is slowly. but when its this "on you face"  its, just. well.. WAW

They are changing focus to please the wales and the heavy spenders. but whit the AMOUNT of defenders and skorpsGs i see out there.

its works apparently. so well... yes..

For this to be fair they just have to do a simple thing, ad all of them to the in-game shop. and there!. its fair once again as hypothetically anyone can buy it. but, i wont hold my breath

VooDooKobra #30 Posted May 19 2017 - 02:13

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostHowitzerBlitzer, on May 18 2017 - 13:40, said:

There's a bit campaign going on down at WoWS now, so I'll be there for the time being. I'm tired of all these tanks that break balance.

might start that myself, though it is nice out and not sure how much I will be behind the pc on weekends

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 18 2017 - 13:52, said:

The threads are being removed because they are not maintaining a constructive format.

It's okay to complain, provided it's done in a mature way. 

true

View PostGunadie, on May 18 2017 - 15:10, said:

As SirHavoc stated "whats the point of it other than stat padding"

But War Shaming has been doing this for quite some time now.

The only difference now is that they don't seem to care what the player base thinks anymore.

what part of the playerbase do they listen to though?  when the playerbase can not agree on anything one side is just going to say oh well they just don't care.  look at any post whether its sbmm, op tanks the color of grass.  there is no single agreement of the playerbase 

BaconMeLoveIt #31 Posted May 19 2017 - 02:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11158 battles
  • [-STN-] -STN-

View PostGunadie, on May 18 2017 - 14:06, said:

And another sucker is born!

A sucker it is for enjoying my hobby.

mrmojo #32 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:17

Captain

• Players
  • 17432 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

Remember the "Happy Players" vid?

The 3 problems with WoT?

• Arty - check
  • MM - check
  • Maps - still woeful

Now we have OP premiums. WG seems to want to make armour relevant again - but you can do that by nerfing or limiting gold rounds.

I get it's a business and WG has to make money, heck Sirfoch even said he loves this game but this power creep is killing the golden goose.

All of a sudden your IS-6 is totally redundant...

VooDooKobra #33 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:20

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185
the more I look at the Chrysler K the less I am seeing this thing as OP, sure it has great armor when angled one on one or sidescraping but if you get flanked or someone slips behind you,  you are not going to last long with that weak armor

mrmojo #34 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:25

Captain

• Players
  • 17432 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 19 2017 - 10:20, said:

the more I look at the Chrysler K the less I am seeing this thing as OP, sure it has great armor when angled one on one or sidescraping but if you get flanked or someone slips behind you,  you are not going to last long with that weak armor

Sure but have you seen how fast this thing is and how fast it shoots?

Add the corridor,city, hurr durr maps and you have a problem (open maps are full of corridors as well - WG keeps adding hills and bushes to spoil line of sight)

VooDooKobra #35 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:35

Major

• Players
  • 6361 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Postmrmojo, on May 18 2017 - 19:25, said:

Sure but have you seen how fast this thing is and how fast it shoots?

Add the corridor,city, hurr durr maps and you have a problem (open maps are full of corridors as well - WG keeps adding hills and bushes to spoil line of sight)

​you mean how fast you need to spam gold rounds because the gun is nothing special?  if you are facing off against an enemy tank and another tank goes around the block on city maps or just blows by you, you are in the garage

mrmojo #36 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:43

Captain

• Players
  • 17432 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 19 2017 - 10:35, said:

​you mean how fast you need to spam gold rounds because the gun is nothing special?  if you are facing off against an enemy tank and another tank goes around the block on city maps or just blows by you, you are in the garage

You could be right, time will tell - but yes, first tactic has to be see where it is and go around.

UTurnTerminator #37 Posted May 19 2017 - 10:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6245 battles

I rather like the idea of the Chrysler K GF- it's sort of a "battering ram" tank with all of it's armor at the front, and hope for the best, as your low pen gun and nonexistent gun depression won't save you- and when if one of these gets caught in the open by a small light tank... oh man, that'll be over quick! Even still, I love my American heavies, and this thing could be a barrel of fun to roll around in.

My biggest concern at the moment is that what little I've seen of the tank out there in the form of reviews are all eerily enthusiastic about this tank, or at the very least have clearly gone out of their way to hide or minimize it's shortcomings. You know what they say about something when it sounds too good to be true?

At any rate, I won't know if I've got enough cash in my bank to 'justify' the Chrysler K until Monday, so I've got some time to mull it over, get some more opinions on it, and hopefully some battles in against it myself. Something just seems amiss about this tank to me- though I don't know exactly what that something is just yet.

Warrhorse #38 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 25333 battles

View PostLethalhavoc, on May 18 2017 - 20:52, said:

The threads are being removed because they are not maintaining a constructive format.

It's okay to complain, provided it's done in a mature way. 

The most complex part is the take down of Foch's video and the threats to his channel. that alone would make any decent human been worry about shopping this vehicle He DID made non constructive critique (at best) but censoring its just NOPE.

After* all this is useless the ones that will buy it , WILL buy it because its fine, standards and values are only for poor people apparently. if you can rolfstomp a player for not trowing to the proverbial ether a fixed amount of money. hey Sucks to be them xD

WG has done good, but right now its just doing BAD (and yes Ik its the* EU region and their practices have been questioned several times already this NA long live the puppet)

Edited by Warrhorse, May 19 2017 - 19:50.

bamberger #39 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:27

Corporal

• Players
  • 17121 battles
Another screw up from the screw ups! Wargaming, this is beyond ridiculous at this point.

bamberger #40 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 17121 battles
I miss playing a good, fair, balanced game... Lord knows this isn't THAT game anymore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users