Zoom Out Mods ... Allowed? (SPG)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Ange1ofD4rknes #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 1785 battles

So I have always wanted to try out mods for WoT but never gotten around to it. Well the other day I found a free cam mod for replays (I wanted some cool screenshots). On top of giving the ability to free cam in replays, I quickly learned it had some other perks, specifically the ability to zoom out more (for instance with my arty).

Once I realized this wasn't the games doing, it was the mod, I quickly removed it, unsure if it's permitted. So I have to ask, is this allowed? It was nice to have as I could zoom out and see much larger sections of the whole map (still zooming in to aim), while helped prevent with a sort of tunnel vision. I don't know if I would argue it giving me unfair advantage since the minimap offers much the same, but I wanted to be sure, just in case.

So what's the ruling on these when it comes to Wargaming's rules?

(Edit: Would have been nice to have been told by the original mod this is in there too)

Edited by Ange1ofD4rknes, May 19 2017 - 01:23.

NomaeTheJester #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12646 battles
Fairly certain it is allowed. I know of several youtubers on the EU server that use it without issue, but that is EU and NA may be different.

scyorkie #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:37

Major

• Players
  • 66534 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Generally legal. See the first post of the Q&A thread:

Question: Can I use a mod that allows me to zoom out more?
Answer: Yes, you can use a mod which allows you to zoom out further from your own tank.

Ange1ofD4rknes #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 01:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 1785 battles

View Postscyorkie, on May 18 2017 - 17:37, said:

Generally legal. See the first post of the Q&A thread:

Question: Can I use a mod that allows me to zoom out more?
Answer: Yes, you can use a mod which allows you to zoom out further from your own tank.

WOW! I can't believe I looked over that. Mental note, look there first

SacherMasoc #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 03:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6434 battles
In-game zoom mods are still allowed. Don't worry about free cam in replays, it's irrelevant as you're not in the game. Inquiring as to the legality of mods on forums can be misleading. Some will tell you that a given mod is a cheat when it's been clearly deemed kosher in the fair play policy. On some forums moderators, admins and other WG staff will chime in with their own ruling and often contradict one another. It would be great if the FPP had two complete lists of legal and illegal mods, just to make everything clear for all. It'd be even better if everything deemed legit was optional in the game client, and all third party mods were banned. 

MoreLibTears #6 Posted Jun 01 2017 - 05:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44096 battles
It was good you asked the question again! The reason being you never know when WG will flip a [edited]and change their mind.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users