Trans-Pacific lag (AUS/NZ)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

SacherMasoc #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 04:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6434 battles
Anyone in Australia or New Zealand having latency issues to NA? I normally get ~150ms west and ~250ms east. Lately it's up to 300/400+. Ran a tracert to west server that basically read: Auckland - Sydney - Tokyo - Washington - Hong Kong - Tokyo - New Delhi - Texas - California. WTFast has fixed issues in the past but is failing now. Just want to ask around before I try submitting a ticket to support. I get really triggered trying to have nonsensical communications with machines pretending to be people.

_Direwolf #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 04:35

Major

• Players
  • 11554 battles
  • [MAHOV] MAHOV
Yes! I've gone from 250/350 east west to like 330/420-470 x(

The_Kiwi_Dude #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 05:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 17880 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

View PostSacherMasoc, on May 19 2017 - 04:25, said:

Anyone in Australia or New Zealand having latency issues to NA? I normally get ~150ms west and ~250ms east. Lately it's up to 300/400+. Ran a tracert to west server that basically read: Auckland - Sydney - Tokyo - Washington - Hong Kong - Tokyo - New Delhi - Texas - California. WTFast has fixed issues in the past but is failing now. Just want to ask around before I try submitting a ticket to support. I get really triggered trying to have nonsensical communications with machines pretending to be people.

Same here. Can't play last 3-4 days. Are you using BigPipe?

Edited by The_Kiwi_Dude, May 19 2017 - 06:21.

ket101 #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 06:08

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18441 battles
  • [N-O-M] N-O-M
Haven't had any problems myself.  I'm with Optus, if that makes any difference.  Friends in WA last night had no problems either (apart from the kids streaming video while he's playing).

SacherMasoc #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 07:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6434 battles

View PostThe_Kiwi_Dude, on May 19 2017 - 16:41, said:

Same here. Can't play last 3-4 days. Are you using BigPipe?

Hadn't even heard of BigPipe until I googled it just now. It's Spark though and I'm on their fastest fibre deal. Would that be the same? Are you getting a funky trace route? Mine is tripping balls:

Spoiler

The_Kiwi_Dude #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 07:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 17880 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

View PostSacherMasoc, on May 19 2017 - 07:08, said:

Hadn't even heard of BigPipe until I googled it just now. It's Spark though and I'm on their fastest fibre deal. Would that be the same? Are you getting a funky trace route? Mine is tripping balls:

Spoiler

Better use PingPlotter https://na.wargaming...kb/articles/145

sv4-sl-b57.fe.core.pw.png

thandiflight #7 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:26

Major

• Players
  • 71983 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
Changing your ISP is only a temporary fix - I have done a bit of research on this and found some have switched ISP, received an improvement for a short while, then been back to the same issue as before. According to my own ISP this is not actually something the control but that destination servers can sometimes influence through their choice of providers! Being from NZ I am having exactly the same issues so have looked at causes and remedies - and been advised to contact WoT directly.

SacherMasoc #8 Posted May 20 2017 - 05:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6434 battles

View Postthandiflight, on May 20 2017 - 15:26, said:

Changing your ISP is only a temporary fix - I have done a bit of research on this and found some have switched ISP, received an improvement for a short while, then been back to the same issue as before. According to my own ISP this is not actually something the control but that destination servers can sometimes influence through their choice of providers! Being from NZ I am having exactly the same issues so have looked at causes and remedies - and been advised to contact WoT directly.

Yeah there are a lot of external variables that are out of the hands of any given ISP. I don't usually have any complaints about my provider and am not intending to switch. The lag we're experiencing could be due to a ship's anchor or random shark for all I know. Will run PingPlotter and submit a ticket for science as I cry about missing out on weekend play. :child:

The_Kiwi_Dude #9 Posted May 21 2017 - 19:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 17880 battles
  • [FRI] FRI

View PostSacherMasoc, on May 20 2017 - 05:04, said:

Yeah there are a lot of external variables that are out of the hands of any given ISP. I don't usually have any complaints about my provider and am not intending to switch. The lag we're experiencing could be due to a ship's anchor or random shark for all I know. Will run PingPlotter and submit a ticket for science as I cry about missing out on weekend play. :child:

Wargaming reply on my ticket:

After examination of your PingPlotter results, we can see that you are experiencing packet loss and lag spikes originating at HOPS 3, 4, and 5.

Unfortunately, because this hop is outside of our network, there is little we can do.

We recommend contacting your ISP and asking them to investigate possible issues with your equipment.

For clarification on this issue, you can provide them with the Pingplotter log and the address that this issue is occurring on.

Let us know how it goes!

We appreciate your patience when dealing with this issue.

SacherMasoc #10 Posted May 22 2017 - 04:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6434 battles

View PostThe_Kiwi_Dude, on May 22 2017 - 06:55, said:

Wargaming reply on my ticket:

After examination of your PingPlotter results, we can see that you are experiencing packet loss and lag spikes originating at HOPS 3, 4, and 5.

Unfortunately, because this hop is outside of our network, there is little we can do.

Suspected the problem was beyond their control but submitted a ticket anyway. What I got back gave me the impression that someone is either very high or is ripping the piss out of me. I doubt if I'll ever try to contact 'support' again. Behold the nonsense:

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users