WGC broke my internet

27 replies to this topic

ali3rd #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 05:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles

*posting this from my phone

I tried to update Wows today may 15, and it stopped halfway because it lost internet connection, so I check my WiFi, cables, router, WiFi USB, but there's no problem, I can use the WiFi un other devices.

So I rollback my pc to 2 days ago and it fixed my problem, never finding the cause.

I tried to update wows again, and the same thing happened, but now I can't rollback my pc again.

So now I am with no internet connection because of wgc, as it's the only possible cause.

Any help is appreciated

TanklessMouse5 #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 06:58

Major

• Players
  • 26132 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
This seems like you are on the wrong forums, should you not be contacting support and or posting on the WoWS forums where it is more likely people have come across this issue? And just from my point of view, I highly doubt WG "breaking your internet" I feel like there is more causes on your side, not WG...

ali3rd #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 07:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles

View PostTanklessMouse5, on May 18 2017 - 23:58, said:

This seems like you are on the wrong forums, should you not be contacting support and or posting on the WoWS forums where it is more likely people have come across this issue? And just from my point of view, I highly doubt WG "breaking your internet" I feel like there is more causes on your side, not WG...

Already contacting via ticket, but still posted in case someone here got the same problem. After some testing I confirmed the problem is in either wgc or the wows update, but trying to find more info on the internet on my phone is taking time. At least WG responded within minutes to my ticket and got them a dxdiag file they requested

hybridwolf #4 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 02:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 46600 battles
  • [H1VOC] H1VOC

View PostTanklessMouse5, on May 19 2017 - 06:58, said:

Funny, I had the same problem. It was NOT on MY side. WGC is a crap work and the only way I FIXED my internet was to uninstall and restart. If this program is required to play WG games, I guess I will no longer be playing.

m2hmghb #5 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 21:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22516 battles
That's not breaking the internet. That's interfering with your networking devices/adapters. Have you tried to install the latest drivers for them? I would suggest checking with your motherboard manufacturer or with the company who assembled your computer.

Flamadiddle #6 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 19:00

Private

• Players
  • 1064 battles
I'm having the same, if not worse, issue was OP. 
While reinstalling any WG game using the WGC my computer pretty much bricks. Disk usage goes to 99%, thus programs won't open. My DNS goes out and borks the internet from working while the WGC hogs all the bandwidth.

It doesn't listen to me when I tell it not to boot with the computer. Had to uninstall and find old installers of WoT/WoWs.

Please fix your patcher and put up the links to the old installers instead of forcing new players to use this broken program.

ali3rd #7 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 23:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles

View PostFlamadiddle, on Jun 06 2017 - 12:00, said:

I'm having the same, if not worse, issue was OP. 
While reinstalling any WG game using the WGC my computer pretty much bricks. Disk usage goes to 99%, thus programs won't open. My DNS goes out and borks the internet from working while the WGC hogs all the bandwidth.

It doesn't listen to me when I tell it not to boot with the computer. Had to uninstall and find old installers of WoT/WoWs.

Please fix your patcher and put up the links to the old installers instead of forcing new players to use this broken program.

I simply reinstalled wot and wows, and have given up on even trying to play wowp again, WGC has too many problems. Just don't use WGC at all, not worth all the issues that wg can't fix

Azriella #8 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 18:20

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3241 battles
  • [D-REX] D-REX
I've never had an issue, I don't see why so many people are having them.  I'm assuming you didn't back up your computer?  You may have to just reinstall Windows if you want your internet back.  

ali3rd #9 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 19:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles

View PostAzriella, on Jun 09 2017 - 11:20, said:

I've never had an issue, I don't see why so many people are having them.  I'm assuming you didn't back up your computer?  You may have to just reinstall Windows if you want your internet back.  

The worst part is apparently WG themselves don't even understand the problem, yet push you to use WGC when it still has unresolved problems. Windows backup, or just a good antivirus does the fix.

arrrgh #10 Posted Jun 19 2017 - 04:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 63396 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

Yup, it broke mine as well

Starting 2-3 days ago, I was getting 17% packetloss.  VERY consistent.  every 6th packet lost.   I eventually identified it as WGC.   If I killed that process, no packet loss.  Launch that process, packeloss

I then modified the settings, to

- disable uploads.  

- uncheck automatically update installed games

- uncheck download updates in advance

- download speed throttled at 128kps

I have no patches to download, so there should be ZERO network activity by WGC.  (I have tanks, wows, and wowp installed)

With WGC running, and all the torrent options as disabled as possible, I every 5th to 8th packet jumps from 1ms to about 80-90 just getting to my router.   If I kill WGC, it goes away.

Something is DEEPLY broken with its network activity.

arrrgh #11 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 03:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 63396 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

You can run WOT by just running the executable directly.  This skips WGC.  In that case, you only need to run WGC if you need an update.

eg C:\games\World_of_Tanks\WorldOfTanks.exe

Pay__2__Win #12 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:59

Captain

• Players
  • 13669 battles
  • [T_R_U] T_R_U
All the posts on this issue point to WOWP being the problem

ali3rd #13 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 18:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles

View PostPay__2__Win, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:59, said:

WOWP worked well before they forced you to use WGC.

jdsmort #14 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 05:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postm2hmghb, on Jun 05 2017 - 21:09, said:

That's not breaking the internet. That's interfering with your networking devices/adapters. Have you tried to install the latest drivers for them? I would suggest checking with your motherboard manufacturer or with the company who assembled your computer.

The internet connection is "broken", as far as any web browser is concerned, and as far as Gamecenter is concerned, but not actually broken..  you can ping, DNS works...   Messenger programs work(Skype, Viber) but cannot browse on any browser. It has NOTHING to do with the adaptors.

jdsmort #15 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 05:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostAzriella, on Jun 09 2017 - 18:20, said:

I never had an issue with only WOW installed, but decided to put on WOT, and got this stupid Gamecenter problem.

No need for reinstall..   just uninstall all of the Gamecentre rubbish and restart Windows..   everything works fine without Gamecenter there, but I am not wasting time with any of this rubbish when the support is non-existant

Edited by jdsmort, Aug 19 2017 - 05:08.

jdsmort #16 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 05:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostPay__2__Win, on Aug 12 2017 - 02:59, said:

Happened to me with WOT...  and Gamecenter being installed..   fine before Gamecenter came around

HottieHotPants #17 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 05:56

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5033 battles

i had exactly the same problems described here.   submitted a ticket to all the bugs i found, was told to post to the WGC Launcher forum.

the work-around i found works tremendously.......please PM with a ten dollar check (just kidding and joking around)

install the WGC Launcher -> by itself <-.   then login in "safe mode with networking"......install each game (WoT, WoWS, WoWP) separately.....will install in a flash (do not que games in a succession, do each separately)

when in regular login and initiating the game you want to play, close the WGC Launcher window AND also go down to the system tray and "exit" out of the launcher icon right after you hit the play button for your game of choice.   if WGC Launcher is still active after you start your game, it runs in the background causing flickers, lag and spikes because WG continually runs advertisements through its launcher using the same feeds as game play.

when needed again double click WGC Launcher desktop icon or go to main windows menu to re-activate WGC Launcher

Edited by HottieHotPants, Aug 20 2017 - 06:00.

Striker_70 #18 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 02:15

Major

• Players
  • 18501 battles

View Postjdsmort, on Aug 18 2017 - 22:00, said:

The internet connection is "broken", as far as any web browser is concerned, and as far as Gamecenter is concerned, but not actually broken..  you can ping, DNS works...   Messenger programs work(Skype, Viber) but cannot browse on any browser. It has NOTHING to do with the adaptors.

On my system it kills the Center's internet connection too.  So I'll be downloading an update, the WGC kills the internet, and I can no longer resume downloading the update without rebooting my computer multiple times.

landedkiller #19 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 03:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles

View PostPay__2__Win, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:59, said:

no it is the way the wgc acts constantly disrupting internet connection and uploading data to who knows where. I wish I could play world of warships for instance but I can't because it [edited]requires the wgc which caused me internet crashes and high ping when playing world of tanks. Wish this garbage program was taken back in for testing

Edited by landedkiller, Sep 01 2017 - 03:24.

Keijokainen #20 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 14:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 49 battles

I have have this exact issue as well. First with World of tanks and now more recently with Totalwar: arena beta. It freezes up the whole network and will not allow you to change or make any new connections before the launcher process is ended or you have rebooted your computer. Some people suggested a long time ago that disabling download through torrent in the launcher would fix it, but that's not a option now days right? Apparently that would have stopped the launcher from flooding your network with too many connections. 

The only way to fix this seems to be to end the process or reboot, which is not really helpful if you are trying to download through it. Will have to give running in safemode a go. 

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users