WGC broke my internet

38 replies to this topic

landedkiller #21 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 05:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostKeijokainen, on Sep 02 2017 - 07:21, said:

I have have this exact issue as well. First with World of tanks and now more recently with Totalwar: arena beta. It freezes up the whole network and will not allow you to change or make any new connections before the launcher process is ended or you have rebooted your computer. Some people suggested a long time ago that disabling download through torrent in the launcher would fix it, but that's not a option now days right? Apparently that would have stopped the launcher from flooding your network with too many connections. 

The only way to fix this seems to be to end the process or reboot, which is not really helpful if you are trying to download through it. Will have to give running in safemode a go. 

I guess I was lucky when I uninstalled it I may only have a few months or a year I don't know but if you can send in tickets with ping plotter. Don't hesitate to speak up on this as these lag spikes take the fun out of the game.

SpruceMoosey #22 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 11:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6968 battles

Ehh Just had this type problem now after using the gamecentre for the first time to install total war, linked in with WOWS and Wot too, but the downloads stopped and messed with my network.   Had to reboot.    Havent tried any more yet to see if its ongoing though, just googled to see if others had problems etc

Crazy_Nixon #23 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 19:44

Private

• Players
  • 18848 battles
This Wargaming Center is garbage. Like everyone else, I made the mistake of allowing it to install, and now my internet cannot and will not work. Tried uninstalling the broken piece of garbage, and now I cant run any WG games. So, I must have this broken thing installed to play WG games, but it intentionally destroys everyones internet connection?  I sure wish someone at Wargaming would learn to code properly.

ali3rd #24 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 18:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 17801 battles
Funy how this thread still has no official response from WG, but not unexpected though :mellow:

le2400943 #25 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 23:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 2386 battles
Same issue here. Wargaming Center kills my internet connexion. Windows 10, fully updated drivers.

mrmojo #26 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 18479 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
I tried to update WoWP to see what the improvements were but trying to get WGC to work was horrendous. I gave up, uninstalled WGC and won't touch it again.

rich73 #27 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 44338 battles

View Postali3rd, on May 18 2017 - 22:02, said:

Already contacting via ticket, but still posted in case someone here got the same problem. After some testing I confirmed the problem is in either wgc or the wows update, but trying to find more info on the internet on my phone is taking time. At least WG responded within minutes to my ticket and got them a dxdiag file they requested

With the wonkiness of the developers,I wouldn't rule anything out.

Striker_70 #28 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 10:24

Major

• Players
  • 18749 battles

Who is even responsible for this?

This software should not be touching customers computers yet.  When an online game company's downloader is killing customers' internet connections so they can't even download the game, this downloader is not ready for release.  And yet WG has decided to force people to use it?

Yeah, wonderful idea.  That is, if you want to kill your own games and revenue.

Potential new players are now being driven away from all of WG's games because this software is killing their internet connections, not even allowing people to download WG games.  If they can't even download the game without encountering massive bugs, they're not going to bother playing your games WG. 

This happened to me.  I wanted to play Warships, was forced to download the WGC.  Ok, fair enough.  The WGC then proceeded to destroy my internet connection to the point that I could not even download the game.  What a joke.  Then when I tried to uninstall it, I could no longer play world of tanks because it was suddenly required to be installed to play tanks.  Do you understand how FUBAR that is?  It's unbelievable.

All it did was make me abandon even trying to play Warships because I'm not here to stress out over installing a damn game.

It's unbelievable that they released required software with problems so severe that they literally dissuade people from installing and playing WG games.  

Whoever made this software required to download WG games made a massive mistake and it's costing WG customers.   Either fix it ASAP, stop making people use it, or lose millions in potential revenue that you would have earned if this software never even existed.

Priest070 #29 Posted Sep 26 2017 - 08:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 20898 battles
  • [PINUP] PINUP

I can not stress how [edited]y this Gaming center is, I loved World of Warships.... now I can not play it because of this problem.  Customer Service said they had heard some gamer complaining about this, they asked me to modify me stuff and send in a report (after all the BS about antivirus, cleaning out memory, which I had already done), then they send me a reply to turn off or modify my antivirus..... make an exception for the game.... 

I don't know if I will play any of these games anymore.  Sad really, I liked them a lot.

t03_cutt3r #30 Posted Sep 28 2017 - 22:28

Private

• Players
  • 22538 battles

Just wanted to chime in and say I have this problem as well.  I've been using the old launchers/updaters for years with no problems, but recently decided to download GameCenter so I could revisit WoWp.  Whenever GameCenter tries to do an update, it will make it part of the way through downloading, but then the rate slows to a crawl and then it reports "speed has dropped to zero, check internet connection".  At this point, my internet WEB browsing is crippled, I am unable to connect to any web sites through my browser.  Other applications such as Steam and my local e-mail client still function/have internet connectivity.  I have to reboot my machine to get web access functioning again (haven't tried manually flushing DNS cache, etc., yet).

I did open a support ticket, but that's been going in circles with generic KB article links that don't address this issue.

So, I would agree that there is something fundamentally broken with the way GameCenter is doing updates, which cripples web internet access for some people.

landedkiller #31 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 05:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

Glad to see people speaking up I know how to get your old world of tanks launcher and world of warships launchers back I had the wgc for at least 3 months and hated it only downloaded it to try out WOWPS big mistake on my part. I had many 500 ping matches between January 5 and March 30 from the dam wgc I really wish I could get the premium time back that was wasted. Only game I still play is world of warships only because I found a way around the wgc. 

1. Uninstall each individual Wargaming title (VERY IMPORTANT)
  2. open task manager or Mac equivalent 
  3. hit unintsall AFTER HAVING UNINSTALLED ALL OF THE GAMES
  4. hit end take on all Wargaming center processes except the uninstall process
  5. go search waybackmachine on google
  6. type in Worldoftanks.com or worldofwarships.com
  7. pick a date in 2016 or before from the calendar 
  8. go to the download section and hit download 
  9. your welcome now at least you have sometime left before they make us all install the crappy wgc 

landedkiller #32 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 05:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View Postt03_cutt3r, on Sep 28 2017 - 15:28, said:

Just wanted to chime in and say I have this problem as well.  I've been using the old launchers/updaters for years with no problems, but recently decided to download GameCenter so I could revisit WoWp.  Whenever GameCenter tries to do an update, it will make it part of the way through downloading, but then the rate slows to a crawl and then it reports "speed has dropped to zero, check internet connection".  At this point, my internet WEB browsing is crippled, I am unable to connect to any web sites through my browser.  Other applications such as Steam and my local e-mail client still function/have internet connectivity.  I have to reboot my machine to get web access functioning again (haven't tried manually flushing DNS cache, etc., yet).

I did open a support ticket, but that's been going in circles with generic KB article links that don't address this issue.

So, I would agree that there is something fundamentally broken with the way GameCenter is doing updates, which cripples web internet access for some people.

View PostPriest070, on Sep 26 2017 - 01:29, said:

I can not stress how [edited]y this Gaming center is, I loved World of Warships.... now I can not play it because of this problem.  Customer Service said they had heard some gamer complaining about this, they asked me to modify me stuff and send in a report (after all the BS about antivirus, cleaning out memory, which I had already done), then they send me a reply to turn off or modify my antivirus..... make an exception for the game.... 

I don't know if I will play any of these games anymore.  Sad really, I liked them a lot.

View PostStriker_70, on Sep 22 2017 - 03:24, said:

Who is even responsible for this?

This software should not be touching customers computers yet.  When an online game company's downloader is killing customers' internet connections so they can't even download the game, this downloader is not ready for release.  And yet WG has decided to force people to use it?

Yeah, wonderful idea.  That is, if you want to kill your own games and revenue.

Potential new players are now being driven away from all of WG's games because this software is killing their internet connections, not even allowing people to download WG games.  If they can't even download the game without encountering massive bugs, they're not going to bother playing your games WG. 

This happened to me.  I wanted to play Warships, was forced to download the WGC.  Ok, fair enough.  The WGC then proceeded to destroy my internet connection to the point that I could not even download the game.  What a joke.  Then when I tried to uninstall it, I could no longer play world of tanks because it was suddenly required to be installed to play tanks.  Do you understand how FUBAR that is?  It's unbelievable.

All it did was make me abandon even trying to play Warships because I'm not here to stress out over installing a damn game.

It's unbelievable that they released required software with problems so severe that they literally dissuade people from installing and playing WG games.  

Whoever made this software required to download WG games made a massive mistake and it's costing WG customers.   Either fix it ASAP, stop making people use it, or lose millions in potential revenue that you would have earned if this software never even existed.

View Postrich73, on Sep 17 2017 - 11:50, said:

With the wonkiness of the developers,I wouldn't rule anything out.

read my above comment your welcome it will take awhile to uninstall the wgc but once you do and get your old launchers back it is like opening a Christmas present. You may be wondering why do I have to uninstall the games and then the Wargaming center simple it won't let you uninstall or play the games because the wgc leaves a tracer program which infects your launchers once you download it. I hope my steps are easy to follow if you have any questions feel free to pm me and please share these steps with all those you know who are having problems with the wgc. I wish I had made a video on the steps you'll just have to trust me on this. 

landedkiller #33 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 07:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
http://forum.worldof.../#entry11263709 related and it is feedback questions on the wgc

Dadrox #34 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 06:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13974 battles
  • [77ARC] 77ARC

Did anyone check their router's setting for max number of ip connections allowed?

My R7800 is set to 8192 and will on occasion have over 2000 connections when doing gaming updates.

Older, small routers may have 512 or 1024 as max setting and cannot handle today's demands for connections.

Riot_Kitten #35 Posted Oct 14 2017 - 04:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Add me to the list. Internet suddenly feels like its dial up, i7 7770k suddenly feels like a pentium 386

Forcefully removing and scrubbing game center, everything back to normal.

Really really bad move Wargaming.

Captain_Dreddlin #36 Posted Oct 20 2017 - 23:51

Private

• Players
  • 17949 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
I am running Kaspersky. Kaspersky does not like this WGC software. I rely on Kaspersky to protect me from unwanted changes to my system's configurations - ie., Malware. Basically, WGC is being treated like malware by my anti-virus. What does it really do to my system therefore? It certainly doesn't inspire much confidence in Wargaming. It has caused a significant amount off frustration as well, and a big waste of my time. I had World of Warplanes installed previously, now it and WGC are uninstalled and I am frankly very reluctant to even ever give them a try again. Fortunately, WoT is still working on this system without WGC. If you can't release something that doesn't try to do nefarious things to my gaming rig WG, then you will alienate your potential customers as you have alienated me.

Rex324533 #37 Posted Oct 24 2017 - 18:54

Private

• -Players-
  • 12516 battles
WGC broke my computer im running on the admin account and dont have permission to delete wgc fils or the last few wot files i also dont have permission to reinstall wot or wow ON THE ADMIN ACCOUNT 

chuckwaggon #38 Posted Oct 25 2017 - 21:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 31553 battles
I have just submitted a ticket but it seems from you all that is not so good.I am really sorry I listened to jingles and tried WoWP, Had I known about the game center I would not have bothered as any time they try to piggyback processes they [edited]it up. WG. KISS= Keep it simple,stupid.

BigBrotherTyrone #39 Posted Oct 26 2017 - 12:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1357 battles
so must be WG, amirite? hurr [edited]durr

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users