WGC broke my internet

27 replies to this topic

landedkiller #21 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 05:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles

View PostKeijokainen, on Sep 02 2017 - 07:21, said:

I have have this exact issue as well. First with World of tanks and now more recently with Totalwar: arena beta. It freezes up the whole network and will not allow you to change or make any new connections before the launcher process is ended or you have rebooted your computer. Some people suggested a long time ago that disabling download through torrent in the launcher would fix it, but that's not a option now days right? Apparently that would have stopped the launcher from flooding your network with too many connections. 

The only way to fix this seems to be to end the process or reboot, which is not really helpful if you are trying to download through it. Will have to give running in safemode a go. 

I guess I was lucky when I uninstalled it I may only have a few months or a year I don't know but if you can send in tickets with ping plotter. Don't hesitate to speak up on this as these lag spikes take the fun out of the game.

SpruceMoosey #22 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 11:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6968 battles

Ehh Just had this type problem now after using the gamecentre for the first time to install total war, linked in with WOWS and Wot too, but the downloads stopped and messed with my network.   Had to reboot.    Havent tried any more yet to see if its ongoing though, just googled to see if others had problems etc

Crazy_Nixon #23 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 19:44

Private

• Players
  • 18146 battles
This Wargaming Center is garbage. Like everyone else, I made the mistake of allowing it to install, and now my internet cannot and will not work. Tried uninstalling the broken piece of garbage, and now I cant run any WG games. So, I must have this broken thing installed to play WG games, but it intentionally destroys everyones internet connection?  I sure wish someone at Wargaming would learn to code properly.

ali3rd #24 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 18:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 16822 battles
Funy how this thread still has no official response from WG, but not unexpected though :mellow:

le2400943 #25 Posted Sep 15 2017 - 23:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 2386 battles
Same issue here. Wargaming Center kills my internet connexion. Windows 10, fully updated drivers.

mrmojo #26 Posted Sep 16 2017 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 17870 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
I tried to update WoWP to see what the improvements were but trying to get WGC to work was horrendous. I gave up, uninstalled WGC and won't touch it again.

rich73 #27 Posted Sep 17 2017 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 42986 battles

View Postali3rd, on May 18 2017 - 22:02, said:

Already contacting via ticket, but still posted in case someone here got the same problem. After some testing I confirmed the problem is in either wgc or the wows update, but trying to find more info on the internet on my phone is taking time. At least WG responded within minutes to my ticket and got them a dxdiag file they requested

With the wonkiness of the developers,I wouldn't rule anything out.

Striker_70 #28 Posted Yesterday, 10:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18501 battles

Who is even responsible for this?

This software should not be touching customers computers yet.  When an online game company's downloader is killing customers' internet connections so they can't even download the game, this downloader is not ready for release.  And yet WG has decided to force people to use it?

Yeah, wonderful idea.  That is, if you want to kill your own games and revenue.

Potential new players are now being driven away from all of WG's games because this software is killing their internet connections, not even allowing people to download WG games.  If they can't even download the game without encountering massive bugs, they're not going to bother playing your games WG. 

This happened to me.  I wanted to play Warships, was forced to download the WGC.  Ok, fair enough.  The WGC then proceeded to destroy my internet connection to the point that I could not even download the game.  What a joke.  Then when I tried to uninstall it, I could no longer play world of tanks because it was suddenly required to be installed to play tanks.  Do you understand how FUBAR that is?  It's unbelievable.

All it did was make me abandon even trying to play Warships because I'm not here to stress out over installing a damn game.

It's unbelievable that they released required software with problems so severe that they literally dissuade people from installing and playing WG games.  

Whoever made this software required to download WG games made a massive mistake and it's costing WG customers.   Either fix it ASAP, stop making people use it, or lose millions in potential revenue that you would have earned if this software never even existed.

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users