29 replies to this topic

_Marine #21 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:53

Major

• Players
  • 27191 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View Postfirekitty, on May 19 2017 - 12:33, said:

OP,

This game needs more players like you ! Thanks for helping newer players instead of being toxic towards them. That " newb" will likely stick with WoT, AND likely play it forward ( help like you helped them). Kudos

Oh I have moments of toxicity, as we all do. 99% of the time its because I expected someone to do the obvious, and they dont. I can handle effort and then failure, but lack of effort I cannot. I recall two moments which in particular which made me WANT to get better because I failed SOOOOO hard with the obvious. I also have a strong habit to offer reply to "congrats I hope you die" PM's after battles describing the benefits of ponies while mixing in 80's rock lyrics

Edited by _Marine, May 19 2017 - 18:53.

KingsGambit #22 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6269 battles
  • [_P-B_] _P-B_
The game used to be much more silver friendly. No premium rounds to waste silver on and tons of daily and weekly missions that paid out in silver. Those have all but disappeared making it hard for new players to get optimal equipment for most of their tanks.

Captain_Rownd #23 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1614 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post_Marine, on May 19 2017 - 16:01, said:

Trading HP for... nothing. Too often, he would poke to take a shot, and wait for the perfect shot. Meanwhile, the player he was facing was just letting things fly as soon as he could. This lead to him dealing 320 damage, while loosing almost 1100. Some of this will get better as he realizes weak points, and other is just a lack of knowledge.

LOL, I know the feeling.  I'm often desperate to hit something - ANYTHING - because often enough I get obliterated before even finding the chance to.  Most games I only get one or two shots of damage before something bigger eats me.  Even just spotting, distracting or tracking is better than getting erased without trying.  Every bush has an invisible TD or autoloader waiting inside it to erase me, or with too much hesitation I'll just get overrrun by a gang of average randoms.  The game is brutal.

Kamahl1234 #24 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 16818 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

View Post_Marine, on May 19 2017 - 15:39, said:

Camo net and Binocs on a tank which is constantly moving like a Lowe or VK is a bad choice. You must sit still for 3 seconds for those to activate, and then the advantage those present is gone. He also may not have understood the mechanics behind them as well. Nothing wrong w/ making do, we all do that. But, he's been forced to destroy or sell his equipment every step of the way and grind out credits for them once again

But my point is that if he can't afford the proper things, then these "temporary" pieces of equipment are perfectly fine. I've done it in plenty of tanks, where a tank without a full kit of equipment will get a toolbox/camo net/binocs based on the order of relevance related to the tank. 

This is also a benefit to early players where you are feeling out what tanks you like before investing heavily into them. 

_Marine #25 Posted May 20 2017 - 17:26

Major

• Players
  • 27191 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostKamahl1234, on May 19 2017 - 22:49, said:

But my point is that if he can't afford the proper things, then these "temporary" pieces of equipment are perfectly fine. I've done it in plenty of tanks, where a tank without a full kit of equipment will get a toolbox/camo net/binocs based on the order of relevance related to the tank. 

This is also a benefit to early players where you are feeling out what tanks you like before investing heavily into them. 

You're missing the point or making one about what I said that does not apply

Equipment: He's exceptionally credit limited, which is leading to VERY poor equipment choices such as a camo net and binocs on a Lowe and VK100, as he cannot afford VStabs or Rammers. He was making do with the choices he had

He's making do with what he had. He had no other choice. 

_Juris #26 Posted May 22 2017 - 15:47

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14847 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN
Nice work, _Marine.  This kind of thing really does help make the game better for everyone.

strenfoo #27 Posted May 22 2017 - 17:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10857 battles

Great post.  I applaud you for taking the effort to pass on your knowledge.  Too many players in this game would have just written the person off as a terrible player, mocked him, etc.  The community would be much better if more people would take your lead and pass on their knowledge instead of mouthing off in chat (of course I've been guilty of that as well).

I remember one particular battle in my very first heavy, the KV-1.  I was a very red tomato, absolutely terrible in heavies, and was way over extending.  I don't remember the map but I do remember another player on my team kindly informing me of my error and helping me the rest of the game.  He could have easily let me get myself killed and called me a noob but he didn't.  Not only that, after the game he went into more detail describing why the things I was doing were wrong.  It was awesome.  Some tomatoes do listen :)

CosmicNoir #28 Posted May 22 2017 - 18:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 328 battles
  • [HARMD] HARMD

_Marine thank you so much for the read, and as a very new player to the game I suffer from all those things plus more I'm sure. I am only up to Tier V (ELC AMX, T1 Heavy, PZ IV H(I think that's correct) I also purchased The Lorraine 40t and just now the Chrysler K as I want to grind down the French medium and American Heavy lines. I really enjoy the game at this point but I find deployment to be very stressful as I honestly have no clue where to go at the start of the game most times. I usually try to follow a similar tank to the one I am driving hoping they have a clue as to what they are doing. I have some good games(probably more by luck or worse players than myself) and of course many games were I am a zero factor in the battle. I don't care so much about my stats I just like to win the match. I have read how much experienced players hate noobs in higher tier premium tanks and so I try to focus very hard when playing said premium as to not let my team down due to my noobness.

I feel as though I am getting better and watching Youtube videos how to improve and also listening to more experienced players does help most times. I think next to deployment the ability to read a situation and ascertain when to be aggressive or passive is what really separates the good players from the rest. Sorry for the rambling anyways great post and if there is a great place to read more such things I (as well as most new players I am sure) be greatly appreciated.  

Edited by CosmicNoir, May 22 2017 - 18:17.

_Marine #29 Posted May 22 2017 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 27191 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostCosmicNoir, on May 22 2017 - 12:16, said:

I feel as though I am getting better and watching Youtube videos how to improve and also listening to more experienced players does help most times. I think next to deployment the ability to read a situation and ascertain when to be aggressive or passive is what really separates the good players from the rest. Sorry for the rambling anyways great post and if there is a great place to read more such things I (as well as most new players I am sure) be greatly appreciated.  

I have just the situation in mind, which I'll be posting for an upcoming guide. 

Kamahl1234 #30 Posted May 23 2017 - 02:48

Major

• Players
  • 16818 battles
  • [TIP] TIP

View Post_Marine, on May 20 2017 - 16:26, said:

You're missing the point or making one about what I said that does not apply

Equipment: He's exceptionally credit limited, which is leading to VERY poor equipment choices such as a camo net and binocs on a Lowe and VK100, as he cannot afford VStabs or Rammers. He was making do with the choices he had

He's making do with what he had. He had no other choice. 

I'm highlighting that you're saying it's a poor equipment choice, when it's not. Having no other choice due to not having the credits isn't a poor choice in equipment, if anything not using any is a poor choice. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users