Jump to content


Me and my Bald Eagle friends.......


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

diesel__1 #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7443 battles
  • 6,284
  • Member since:
    04-27-2015

  Just a video I made a couple of years ago.  I fish this lake a lot and I can call these guys from their nest which is about 3/4 mile away from this lake.  Then they just sit there and wait, knowing that at least ONE fish is for them. 

 

 

Enjoy these beautiful birds!



Sgtjrmiller73 #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:20

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 7810 battles
  • 159
  • [R8DER] R8DER
  • Member since:
    12-16-2011

View Postdiesel__1, on May 19 2017 - 10:10, said:

  Just a video I made a couple of years ago.  I fish this lake a lot and I can call these guys from their nest which is about 3/4 mile away from this lake.  Then they just sit there and wait, knowing that at least ONE fish is for them. 

 

 

Enjoy these beautiful birds!

 

Very refreshing beatiful

Klaatu_Nicto #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 43862 battles
  • 5,816
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

Cool! :great:

 

And you know how to not get stuck in soft ground.



diesel__1 #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:46

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7443 battles
  • 6,284
  • Member since:
    04-27-2015

View PostKlaatu_Nicto, on May 19 2017 - 10:35, said:

Cool! :great:

 

And you know how to not get stuck in soft ground.

 

Just let 'er climb where she can!   That truck and boat are my safe spaces! lol   I have the ocean to the east of me...about 5 minutes away, and that lake about 15 minutes away to the west.   The beauty of that little boat is she's good in both.  I used to have a 26' boat but every time we went fishing...I was running the boat...every one else was fishing.  So, I put a stop to that!!!:izmena:

Silversound #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33648 battles
  • 1,895
  • [GUNS5] GUNS5
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

My backyard birds all know me.

Their nickname for me is "Caw caw caw".

I've known most of them their entire lives.

 

They know my habbits and at times will even hang out with me for company.

Some birds are very smart.



HOTA_CHATON #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 11684 battles
  • 11,735
  • [T0TS] T0TS
  • Member since:
    09-28-2011
Nice

diesel__1 #7 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:52

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 7443 battles
  • 6,284
  • Member since:
    04-27-2015

View PostSilversound, on May 19 2017 - 10:48, said:

My backyard birds all know me.

Their nickname for me is "Caw caw caw".

I've known most of them their entire lives.

 

They know my habbits and at times will even hang out with me for company.

Some birds are very smart.

 

I've tried to get these eagles to grab the fish out of my hand.  I hold it up and they swoop at it , getting within 2 feet or so.  But it's a concept they just can't grab...pardon the pun.  But the power of their wings being that close is phenomenal!!!  They are impressive, regal animals.

FrozenKemp #8 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 39436 battles
  • 3,066
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

Crows are pretty damn smart. There was a video a while ago showing a crow going through a multi step process to get food from a contraption. 

 

Also apparently some academics started having to wear masks when capturing corvid temporarily to band them or whatever because the birds would remember their faces and harass them later on. Edit: I got this wrong - they had people wear masks during the captures and then tested if the "bad" mask was recognized,  and it was.



Powerwise #9 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:35

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 9832 battles
  • 389
  • Member since:
    04-16-2011

View PostFrozenKemp, on May 19 2017 - 17:30, said:

Crows are pretty damn smart. There was a video a while ago showing a crow going through a multi step process to get food from a contraption. 

 

Also apparently some academics started having to wear masks when capturing corvid temporarily to band them or whatever because the birds would remember their faces and harass them later on. Edit: I got this wrong - they had people wear masks during the captures and then tested if the "bad" mask was recognized,  and it was.

 

Ravens, and to a lesser extent crows, can also mimic human speech as a parrot would.



FrozenKemp #10 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 39436 battles
  • 3,066
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Thanks for the video, diesel, that's awesome :) 

tod914 #11 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:52

    Captain

  • Players
  • 46148 battles
  • 1,114
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Pretty amazing.  Nice post.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users