rant feedback

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Lycan_Knight #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:30

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

As i encroach on 11k battles and find myself playing more regularly due to several of my friends returning to the game to take a break from Warthunder, I can't help but notice something very wrong in this game...

XVM is making a come-back, and it's not good. 

Not only is it once again the top priority of public scrubs to "blame" the teams' incompetance, but that also means they're still readily using illegal mods that come along side of it... Which tells me one of two things is happening:

1) Wargaming has become laxxed on their ban waves

or

2) The modifications have been updated (as they usually would be) to avoid automatic detection...

This wouldn't bother me all that much, if it wasn't for the fact that for 6 games now i've encountered 15 players (across all 6 games, both teams) suicide themselves. I can't say the same for the enemy team, but those that killed themselves on our team either complained of crap teams at the gate, win chance percentage being abysmal or calling the team "tomatoes on parade" (as one so aptly put it.)

The other thing that has warned me of these returns... is how players seem to know EXACTLY when you're done reloading... which is an addon for most XVM mod packs. This was supposed to be one of the bannable offenses as it gave an unfair advantage. This is also in line with a separate mod that gave a colored direction to the minimap showing what direction your tank is going/looking.

It's one thing if they notice the shell fire, it's a completely different thing when they're hiding behind a corner and you switch ammo (double tap 1, 2 or 3; or press C in an autoloader) and they poke around the corner and begin peppering you for the time it takes you to reload completely. Had this happen yesterday night when i switched between AP to HE against a cromwell while i was in my O-I. As i was reloading he poked out, shot me 8 times as if he KNEW i switched ammo and then retreated seconds before i reloaded in entirety. I'm sorry, but i seriously call B.S on that.

As for the directional. I could be wrong of this, as their spotting mechanics are skewed in such a way that even sitting directly next to a target could lead to them firing at you without being spotted. (E-25's are notorious for this) So i can't say for sure if this one has made a comeback, as it would require knowing where the target was prior to you being flanked to understand how he got around you or if he/she was in a position to do so in the first place (...if that makes sense)

Needless to say, i'm not all too pleased about the resurgence of illegal mods... Nor am i pleased of the alternate method of "recovering" from the removal of those mods being the extreme abuse of APCR/HEAT rounds in public matches. But that's a totally different rant in itself. I'm going to stop myself here, as going further would be pointless. 

Rant/feedback over.

Edited by Lycan_Knight, May 19 2017 - 18:31.

Nunya_000 #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 20706 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostLycan_Knight, on May 19 2017 - 09:30, said:

As i encroach on 11k battles and find myself playing more regularly due to several of my friends returning to the game to take a break from Warthunder, I can't help but notice something very wrong in this game...

Not only is it once again the top priority of public scrubs to "blame" the teams' incompetance, but that also means they're still readily using illegal mods that come along side of it... Which tells me one of two things is happening:

or

2) The modifications have been updated (as they usually would be) to avoid automatic detection...

This wouldn't bother me all that much, if it wasn't for the fact that for 6 games now i've encountered 15 players (across all 6 games, both teams) suicide themselves. I can't say the same for the enemy team, but those that killed themselves on our team either complained of crap teams at the gate, win chance percentage being abysmal or calling the team "tomatoes on parade" (as one so aptly put it.)

The other thing that has warned me of these returns... is how players seem to know EXACTLY when you're done reloading... which is an addon for most XVM mod packs. This was supposed to be one of the bannable offenses as it gave an unfair advantage. This is also in line with a separate mod that gave a colored direction to the minimap showing what direction your tank is going/looking.

It's one thing if they notice the shell fire, it's a completely different thing when they're hiding behind a corner and you switch ammo (double tap 1, 2 or 3; or press C in an autoloader) and they poke around the corner and begin peppering you for the time it takes you to reload completely. Had this happen yesterday night when i switched between AP to HE against a cromwell while i was in my O-I. As i was reloading he poked out, shot me 8 times as if he KNEW i switched ammo and then retreated seconds before i reloaded in entirety. I'm sorry, but i seriously call B.S on that.

As for the directional. I could be wrong of this, as their spotting mechanics are skewed in such a way that even sitting directly next to a target could lead to them firing at you without being spotted. (E-25's are notorious for this) So i can't say for sure if this one has made a comeback, as it would require knowing where the target was prior to you being flanked to understand how he got around you or if he/she was in a position to do so in the first place (...if that makes sense)

Needless to say, i'm not all too pleased about the resurgence of illegal mods... Nor am i pleased of the alternate method of "recovering" from the removal of those mods being the extreme abuse of APCR/HEAT rounds in public matches. But that's a totally different rant in itself. I'm going to stop myself here, as going further would be pointless. 

Rant/feedback over.

1. XVM is not an illegal mod.  Your whole post implies that you really do not know what XVM is or what it does.

2. I am amazed at the number of "suicides" that people claim to have in their battle.  I don't think I have seen a single suicide in the last 1000 battles.  Maybe it is because I normally play higher tiers (8+).

3. Your other claims seem to be more of a "I feel they are cheating" without any substance that there is actually cheating taking place.

moogleslam #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:41

Major

• Players
  • 29442 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
XVM is rampant?  Of course it is; it's the most popular legal mod by a mile.

PREDY4 #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS

View PostNunya_000, on May 19 2017 - 18:36, said:

1. XVM is not an illegal mod.  Your whole post implies that you really do not know what XVM is or what it does.

2. I am amazed at the number of "suicides" that people claim to have in their battle.  I don't think I have seen a single suicide in the last 1000 battles.  Maybe it is because I normally play higher tiers (8+).

3. Your other claims seem to be more of a "I feel they are cheating" without any substance that there is actually cheating taking place.

^^^^  THIS

XVM and other mods (illegal or legal) are really two completely different things, though often mixed together.

There is nothing illegal about XVM per se.

I can't remember the last suicide moron that I witnessed other than an occasional arty at the end of a battle.

Edited by PREDY4, May 19 2017 - 18:45.

ImaKillYou #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24237 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT
your whole rant is pointless, as you obviously have NO CLUE as to what XVM is or does.

Silversound #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 35465 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

Uhhhhh.... Ok OP.

Great... Another magic font Preddy acount add to my ignore list.

Hellsfog #7 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:00

Major

• Players
  • 31184 battles
  • [RIP-U] RIP-U
Are you back because WT is ded?

Lycan_Knight #8 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:00

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostNunya_000, on May 19 2017 - 12:36, said:

1) XVM is a system of informative tools/calculations that are designed to show your statistics and others' comparisons in a quick, "guideline"-esk method to allow players to guage their competition and allies in battle and their own growth in their stats page in-game. All players with a viable "sample size" (more than 1k battles usually) are given a color code based on their personal statistics, both team oriented (damage, spotting support, win ratio) and player oriented, which is usually in the form of Wn8 (as of recent some forms of the XVM mod show your personal rating rise or fall a given amount based on activity.) It also give a valid way to show if you're getting better or not as an overall player in the statistics screen when in mod form. On the website it shows overall progression of the player, rather than comparison. While i do not know if the % chance of winning is tied to XVM; i do know that this is not an isolated "i feel like it's happening" ploy. 

These are the parameters i use to consider it an XVM mod, when people begin saying "tomatoes" and reciting percentage ratios to win or lose, the first thing i think of is an XVM "pack" (which comes with several mods tied to it, like Aslain's or quickybaby's.)

2) I know what you mean, it took me nearly 6k battles to have my first encounter with someone shooting through boulders (was a tier 10 match) back before the 9.0 patch. I ridiculed people for saying it happened, before it happened to me personally, and started encountering it more regularly (This issue seems to have been fixed in the last few patches however).

In the same scenario suicides aren't as common as they once were, but they still happen quite often. As do team kills for one reason or another...

3) "Other claims" are based on personal experience and listening to my clan-mates having near identical incidents over the course of several weeks. After nearly 3 months of listening to these complaints I've finally said to hell with it and brought the encounters that I personally have encountered here to the forums. I wish i could give you screenshots but sadly they do not accept "puush" services as a viable picture sharing web service/"trusted" sharing service. So while this is indeed on a personal sense of this ordeal, it's not without substance. I promise you, i'm not some scrub who will just rant because i can. If you don't believe me on that one, go read my older topics/posts.

Alright i've typed enough, i've seen that notification saying new replies now 4 times lol  Hopefully you have the continued luck you've been running into, as I've sadly not had that luxury.

Edit: seems like just more of the same, they can read this if they must. no need to repeat myself.

Edited by Lycan_Knight, May 19 2017 - 19:02.

Ak_Lonewolf #9 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27920 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
You're snowflake "feelings" have no basis on facts and truth. 

Dracheherr #10 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32649 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL

And XVM IS NOT a wholly owned or controlled subsidiary of WG. WG has no control over XVM. Apparently, the only advantage XVM gives to one team over the other is a very nebulous psychological one. If a player can't deal with XVM's win/loss projection, turn it OFF.

And I happen to LIKE XVM's prediction of win/loss probability - since it's inaccurate half the time. Now, if it were Las Vegas' betting line, it would be another matter, but it isn't.

_Gungrave_ #11 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:07

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

XVM making a comeback? what are you smoking?.... its ALWAYS been popular and relevant and going by your logic would mean that it stopped being popular and relevant.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 19 2017 - 19:07.

Lycan_Knight #12 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:10

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostDracheherr, on May 19 2017 - 13:04, said:

And XVM IS NOT a wholly owned or controlled subsidiary of WG. WG has no control over XVM. Apparently, the only advantage XVM gives to one team over the other is a very nebulous psychological one. If a player can't deal with XVM's win/loss projection, turn it OFF.

And I happen to LIKE XVM's prediction of win/loss probability - since it's inaccurate half the time. Now, if it were Las Vegas' betting line, it would be another matter, but it isn't.

What i find hilarious is that i explained what i meant when XVM was making a comeback, and the first thing people pertain it to is that i called XVM itself a hack. seriously read the post people! Here i'll even QUOTE the part for you! 

Not only is it once again the top priority of public scrubs to "blame" the teams' incompetance, but that also means they're still readily using illegal mods that come along side of it.

I then go on to explain what i mean by each PART of that statement, not calling XVM in general an illegal mod. just a cumbersome piece of info that causes a psychological "leeroy jenkins" response either to kill themselves or to run like idiots into the fray. 

Seriously people, READ.

_Gungrave_ #13 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:32

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostLycan_Knight, on May 19 2017 - 19:10, said:

What i find hilarious is that i explained what i meant when XVM was making a comeback, and the first thing people pertain it to is that i called XVM itself a hack. seriously read the post people! Here i'll even QUOTE the part for you! 

Not only is it once again the top priority of public scrubs to "blame" the teams' incompetance, but that also means they're still readily using illegal mods that come along side of it.

I then go on to explain what i mean by each PART of that statement, not calling XVM in general an illegal mod. just a cumbersome piece of info that causes a psychological "leeroy jenkins" response either to kill themselves or to run like idiots into the fray. 

Seriously people, READ.

Oh I read that part, I just wanted to "poke the bear" and see how you would react given the nature of this thread.

but since you want to act condescending let the logic war begin.

View PostLycan_Knight, on May 19 2017 - 18:30, said:

or

I'm highly doubtful they use any sort of automatic detection considering how difficult it is to make one not to mention how inneffective they are these days. Its worth noting that most of the cheaters I've heard of got banned from replay submissions with some even in the pro leagues. If Wargaming ACTUALLY used an active anti cheat system they would be reporting a hell of a lot more bans than the past few ban reports show I'm sure.

Was it arty? you forgot to mention that and if so case closed because for experienced players arty drowning themselves is basically a game mechanic at this point and an accepted norm. I don't think anyone I've reported for drowning their arty ever got a ban for doing so.

They use something called Memory...you know where they memorize the reload of a tank based upon what gun they're using or if its an autoloader. There is also a mod that tells the approximate reload time which is accepted and legal but you can't have any that tell the exact reload time.

I've played roughly 87% of the tanks in the game with the exception of premiums and reward tanks but I'm quite familiar with the reload times for most tanks and this allows me to completely toy with my opponent when I know what gun they're using on a certain tank.

Thats called "coincidence" because in order for them to actually know that you've switched rounds or you're clipping in an autoloader they would need access to the server data which would automatically get them banned and likely in legal trouble for hacking a server.

This is the only point you've made that is logical because the spotting system needs to be rebuilt given how outdated it is along with all the potential bugs I've experienced.

Rant/feedback over.

Illegal mods have always been used its not like they went down in popularity and then made a comeback.

as for the APCR/HEAT "abuse" there really is no abuse at all because if you got the credits and want to use it then go right ahead.

Edited by _Gungrave_, May 19 2017 - 19:37.

n4cer67 #14 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:37

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 15571 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

Nothing wrong with XVM, it's the players that give up before the fight even starts that's the problem. XVM doesn't come with illegal mods but there are some players that choose to install them. I've seen players with and without XVM act like poor sports by insulting a player or the whole team because that player didn't like the others play styles. Many times the insulter does something incredibly stupid and gets mad because everyone wasn't dumb enough to follow them into a suicide lemming train. I know what you mean on players that start spouting win chances and if they don't like the odds they suicide. Best thing for anyone using XVM to do is turn off the win chances as it's just psychological and not a guarantee. I've had matches were we supposedly (according to a team mate since i don't run with win chance on) were going to get stomped but we actually had a pretty big win. 

Nunya_000 #15 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:38

Major

• Players
  • 20706 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostLycan_Knight, on May 19 2017 - 10:00, said:

1) XVM is a system of informative tools/calculations that are designed to show your statistics and others' comparisons in a quick, "guideline"-esk method to allow players to guage their competition and allies in battle and their own growth in their stats page in-game. All players with a viable "sample size" (more than 1k battles usually) are given a color code based on their personal statistics, both team oriented (damage, spotting support, win ratio) and player oriented, which is usually in the form of Wn8 (as of recent some forms of the XVM mod show your personal rating rise or fall a given amount based on activity.) It also give a valid way to show if you're getting better or not as an overall player in the statistics screen when in mod form. On the website it shows overall progression of the player, rather than comparison. While i do not know if the % chance of winning is tied to XVM; i do know that this is not an isolated "i feel like it's happening" ploy. 

These are the parameters i use to consider it an XVM mod, when people begin saying "tomatoes" and reciting percentage ratios to win or lose, the first thing i think of is an XVM "pack" (which comes with several mods tied to it, like Aslain's or quickybaby's.)

Your belief that illegal mods are "tied" to XVM or individual mod packs is what is implying that you do not understand what XVM is or how it works.  All of the most common cheat mods (and I have no doubt some do use cheat mods...though how rampant is debatable) are stand-alone and do not need XVM to work.  From what I understand, all of the popular mod pack (Aslain's and QB's etc) go to great length to insure no illegal mods are part of their pack.

Block Quote

2) I know what you mean, it took me nearly 6k battles to have my first encounter with someone shooting through boulders (was a tier 10 match) back before the 9.0 patch. I ridiculed people for saying it happened, before it happened to me personally, and started encountering it more regularly (This issue seems to have been fixed in the last few patches however).

In the same scenario suicides aren't as common as they once were, but they still happen quite often. As do team kills for one reason or another...

While I can not testify to what went on prior to 8.6, since I have been playing, it has been impossible to mod the game to shoot through map items (ie. rocks).  Map items are handled server side and can not be affected by mods.  If someone shot you through a rock, it is because of a map error and not because of a mod.  

Block Quote

3) "Other claims" are based on personal experience and listening to my clan-mates having near identical incidents over the course of several weeks. After nearly 3 months of listening to these complaints I've finally said to hell with it and brought the encounters that I personally have encountered here to the forums. I wish i could give you screenshots but sadly they do not accept "puush" services as a viable picture sharing web service/"trusted" sharing service. So while this is indeed on a personal sense of this ordeal, it's not without substance. I promise you, i'm not some scrub who will just rant because i can. If you don't believe me on that one, go read my older topics/posts.

You don't need a screenshot....a replay will do.  However, almost everybody that makes claims similar to yours never seem to provide screenshots or replays.  There is always some excuse: "I don't save replays"...."The forum will not support the imager I use".  As I said, I have no doubt some cheats are still being used.  However, I have never once found a situation in my battles where I have said "Yep....that guy is definitely cheating".  Testimony of clan-mates...or claims of "I saw it" normally do not hold much weight as many people see what they want to see....or find excuses for why they failed.  "The guy pulled back behind a rock just as I targeted him....he must be using a laser cheat mod or a reload timer".  BTW, the reload timers do not start when you switch rounds.  They start when you are hit.  They do not even start when you are fired at....you must be hit.  From what I understand, WG has blocked reload timers that show actual reload times and timers that show stock reload times are not illegal....but I could be wrong about that.

If you want to be taken seriously, come to the forums with more than "I feels".  Without that, you are just another person making unsubstantiated claims that lack proof or believably.

hammerfall314 #16 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:40

Private

• Players
  • 4475 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2017 - 18:32, said:

Oh I read that part, I just wanted to "poke the bear" and see how you would react given the nature of this thread.

I'm highly doubtful they use any sort of automatic detection considering how difficult it is to make one and most the cheaters I've heard of got banned from replay submissions. If Wargaming ACTUALLY used an active anti cheat system they would be reporting a hell of a lot more bans than the past few ban reports show I'm sure.

Was it arty? you forgot to mention that and if so case closed because for experienced players arty drowning themselves is basically a game mechanic at this point and an accepted norm. I don't think anyone I've reported for drowning their arty ever got a ban for doing so.

They use something called Memory...you know where they memorize the reload of a tank based upon what gun they're using or if its an autoloader. There is also a mod that tells the approximate reload time which is accepted and legal but you can't have any that tell the exact reload time.

I've played roughly 87% of the tanks in the game with the exception of premiums and reward tanks but I'm quite familiar with the reload times for most tanks and this allows me to completely toy with my opponent when I know what gun they're using on a certain tank.

Thats called "coincidence" because in order for them to actually know that you've switched rounds or you're clipping in an autoloader they would need access to the server data which would automatically get them banned and likely in legal trouble for hacking a server.

This is the only point you've made that is logical because the spotting system needs to be rebuilt given how outdated it is along with all the potential bugs I've experienced.

Illegal mods have always been used its not like they went down in popularity and then made a comeback.

as for the APCR/HEAT "abuse" there really is no abuse at all because if you got the credits and want to use it then go right ahead.

Not really in regards to the use of reload/ammo switching. All of that information is sent client side for the purpose of rendering to cut down on "hangtime" on the servers. Anyone with the proper port number and a bit of programming skill can read information on the inbound side and just pick and choose what they want to read.

Lycan_Knight #17 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:16

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View Post_Gungrave_, on May 19 2017 - 13:32, said:

I'm highly doubtful they use any sort of automatic detection considering how difficult it is to make one not to mention how inneffective they are these days. Its worth noting that most of the cheaters I've heard of got banned from replay submissions with some even in the pro leagues. If Wargaming ACTUALLY used an active anti cheat system they would be reporting a hell of a lot more bans than the past few ban reports show I'm sure.

*The problem is that when you send in replays and issues of hacking, team damage, team killing and so forth, they usually just respond with robotic answers such as this one which happened in one of those "send in the replay" ordeals -_- when commenting of someone using an illegal mod or accusation of such a method. Sorry for the crap-quality. not a fan of photobucket, really wish they'd accept pu.ush. I removed names to avoid being complained about for that crap, as i had a forum locked for that before.

Spoiler

After i recieved 6 of these types of responses over the last few years, I've given up trying to use the support desk for pretty much anything involving in-game problems pertaining to players. I do send in technical issues though as they do seem to get fixed... eventually.

*No, it wasn't artillery, don't get me wrong they suicide alot when the game is going to crap, but i haven't seen them killing off themselves as of late (to be dead honest i haven't seen many matches since the artillery changes that even had artillery in them... It's a rather odd feeling when you do several matches in a row without artillery in 'em. I didn't mention them because i legitimately forgot to.

*Sorry, but i still call it crap... even if they do remember the reload times or use an estimation reload (which honestly seems a bit on the "farfetched" side). If you SWITCH ammo you don't fire it when you double tap the number or reload using C, and i did make that clear in the main post. When a tank can come around the corner, knowing you're reloading somehow when you didn't fire the shell at all, peg you multiple times (bounce or pen) and then retreat within 1-2 seconds of you reloading completed, there's something problematic at foot.

*Illegal mods always being used and being in high popularity doesn't make it right, nor any less "okay" to have happen.

*Been around since 2011. I preferred the old method of gold for special ammo, which made public matches more "think before you shoot" rather than "fire and forget" like it is now. But like i said, that's an entirely different rant as it implies the changes done by wargaming rather than mod-packs and their resurgence with capable illegal mods.

View PostNunya_000, on May 19 2017 - 13:38, said:

Your belief that illegal mods are "tied" to XVM or individual mod packs is what is implying that you do not understand what XVM is or how it works.  All of the most common cheat mods (and I have no doubt some do use cheat mods...though how rampant is debatable) are stand-alone and do not need XVM to work.  From what I understand, all of the popular mod pack (Aslain's and QB's etc) go to great length to insure no illegal mods are part of their pack.

While I can not testify to what went on prior to 8.6, since I have been playing, it has been impossible to mod the game to shoot through map items (ie. rocks).  Map items are handled server side and can not be affected by mods.  If someone shot you through a rock, it is because of a map error and not because of a mod.  

You don't need a screenshot....a replay will do.  However, almost everybody that makes claims similar to yours never seem to provide screenshots or replays.  There is always some excuse: "I don't save replays"...."The forum will not support the imager I use".  As I said, I have no doubt some cheats are still being used.  However, I have never once found a situation in my battles where I have said "Yep....that guy is definitely cheating".  Testimony of clan-mates...or claims of "I saw it" normally do not hold much weight as many people see what they want to see....or find excuses for why they failed.  "The guy pulled back behind a rock just as I targeted him....he must be using a laser cheat mod or a reload timer".  BTW, the reload timers do not start when you switch rounds.  They start when you are hit.  They do not even start when you are fired at....you must be hit.  From what I understand, WG has blocked reload timers that show actual reload times and timers that show stock reload times are not illegal....but I could be wrong about that.

If you want to be taken seriously, come to the forums with more than "I feels".  Without that, you are just another person making unsubstantiated claims that lack proof or believably.

*With how few players download XVM as a standalone (due to how long it would take when there are prepackaged versions) they usually are tied to other mods that push what is right and wrong.

To be honest i just don't enjoy posting replays. What usually ends up happening is players will look at how you played overall rather than the situation you actually are arguing about. I've got quite a few replays posted up on my Youtube (RazgrizKnight. They won't let me post it if i connect my youtube account/link to the post, sorry :( ) Which is where i post good games, "wth" moments and occasional questionable incidents along with other games.  I do save replays, i've been doing so for years now and clear it out monthly to keep my hard drive from being completely devoured by the files. And i prefer using pu.ush, which Wargaming doesn't trust, because it keeps the image clarity, unlike that crap photobucket does (see image above in the spoiler. Which also explains why i don't go to the support desk.)

I come here with information backing my claims, i prefer to keep my posts from being more than 3 pages long, as you end up with a train (like what started here) which is "oh hey the first comment is talking crap about the OP, i can't bother to read that so i'll just agree with the 1st post!" :/ you and Gungrave are the only two of this bunch thus far to show any actual intelligence, so i do have to say thanks for at least making this a exercise of my patience while keeping it civil. I appreciate it :) 

Edited by Lycan_Knight, May 19 2017 - 20:16.

Nunya_000 #18 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 20706 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostLycan_Knight, on May 19 2017 - 11:16, said:

*Sorry, but i still call it crap... even if they do remember the reload times or use an estimation reload (which honestly seems a bit on the "farfetched" side). If you SWITCH ammo you don't fire it when you double tap the number or reload using C, and i did make that clear in the main post. When a tank can come around the corner, knowing you're reloading somehow when you didn't fire the shell at all, peg you multiple times (bounce or pen) and then retreat within 1-2 seconds of you reloading completed, there's something problematic at foot. 

Here is what I do when playing "peak-a-boo" with a red tank behind a rock:

Assuming I just fired at you and you pulled behind the rock.  I will not pull back immediately, but will stay exposed while I reload.  If you come out from behind a rock (assuming you just reloaded) and I am not finished reloading, I will pull back behind my rock (I can see where this could make you think I am using a reload timer or laser).  If I have reloaded, I will take a shot and immediately pull back behind my rock.  I will then stay behind the rock and try to "trick" you into firing...or at least taking a shot that has a low chance of hitting or penetrating.  Once you fire and pull back behind your rock, I will pull out and wait for you to come back out so I can take a quick shot before hiding behind my rock.

Basically, my actions are dictated by your action.  I suspect that many cases where you feel someone is using a reload timer or a laser is someone playing similar.....acting based on your actions.

Block Quote

I come here with information backing my claims, i prefer to keep my posts from being more than 3 pages long, as you end up with a train (like what started here) which is "oh hey the first comment is talking crap about the OP, i can't bother to read that so i'll just agree with the 1st post!" :/ you and Gungrave are the only two of this bunch thus far to show any actual intelligence, so i do have to say thanks for at least making this a exercise of my patience while keeping it civil. I appreciate it 

That is the problem I have....you provided nothing to back your claims.  A bunch of "I feels" is not backing your claims.  You may be 100% correct that the instances you saw were others using cheat mods.  However, there have been thousands of "cheat" claim made on this forum.  I doubt if very few of them are legit and they are more of a expression of frustration.  I base this off of the number of PM I have received after battles of claim that I am cheating.  Yes, I use mods, but the only in-battle mods I use are gun sights and XVM for stats.

Lycan_Knight #19 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:15

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 12400 battles
  • [I_K_U] I_K_U

View PostNunya_000, on May 19 2017 - 14:36, said:

Here is what I do when playing "peak-a-boo" with a red tank behind a rock:

Assuming I just fired at you and you pulled behind the rock.  I will not pull back immediately, but will stay exposed while I reload.  If you come out from behind a rock (assuming you just reloaded) and I am not finished reloading, I will pull back behind my rock (I can see where this could make you think I am using a reload timer or laser).  If I have reloaded, I will take a shot and immediately pull back behind my rock.  I will then stay behind the rock and try to "trick" you into firing...or at least taking a shot that has a low chance of hitting or penetrating.  Once you fire and pull back behind your rock, I will pull out and wait for you to come back out so I can take a quick shot before hiding behind my rock.

Basically, my actions are dictated by your action.  I suspect that many cases where you feel someone is using a reload timer or a laser is someone playing similar.....acting based on your actions.

What ocurred last night wasn't what i'd call dictated by action. I was engaging a KV-85 originally on the 1 line of Ensk (the long road heading north on the left side if you spawn south.) and noted the Cromwell coming through on the right down the 5 line area. He blew through the M4 and T-150 that were there, then came to the left stopping in the little "nook" of an alleyway at G1, the rest of our team pushing up through the middle/far right. KV-85 fell back after bouncing his shot, my guess was he was using the mini-derp (bounced for a grand total of 80 damage so doubt it was the 100 or 122.) So, instead of firing off and giving away my position (and a 21 second reload) i simply double-tapped the #3 and reloaded while staying stationary to give the idea i was still loaded. During this time frame the Cromwell peeled out near instantly upon me starting the reload, he/she sat there without moving, unlike a mobile target who would either stay mobile or side-hug an O-I in fear of it being loaded/nearly loaded (can't hit a cromwell rubbing against it, cursed low-profile tanks.) and then retreated after 8 shots. At which point i had about 2-4 seconds left on the reload. On the plus side he/she got promptly wrecked (not killed though) by a platoon of Pz IV's. He/she was pushed out into the open where i could fire, which i missed sadly, and chased back up to the A line by the Pz IV's with less than 100 HP left.

Game ended in a victory, but was one of the most, apparent incidents I've ever had where a reload mod had the highest chance of being present with exact timers rather than estimation (if those even are allowed, last i recall they were illegal.) But, yea i will admit I've done my share of mistaking someone for hacking/illegal mods when they've done odd motions that seem out of character, and I've also had my share of "holy crap" moments that got myself called one as well. O-I's 15cm gun hitting an M6 at the enemy spawn from a random fire without leaving the starting zone and ammo-racking 'em on Steppes for instance. I nicknamed the replay "Hail-Mary" but sadly the age of the replay doesn't let me play it anymore. (the annoying part of patches, they break replay files :facepalm:)

Anyways dude, it was a great chat with you lot. Even if it was fairly argument based. It was kept civil and fairly sensible. Take care mate :great:

the_Deadly_Bulb #20 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 18471 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

First, with the C2W removed from XVM the suicides based on low C2W have dropped precipitously. Am I the only one who noticed.

Second, XVM is not and never has been an illegal mod, nor a requirement for any illegal mod to work. If you care to dispute this please do, bring proof.

Third, no one has ever shot you through a rock. It has not happened. You are mistaken. Care to continue? Bring proof. A replay would be proof. Otherwise I will continue to maintain that you are simply mistaken and that this is, due to the nature of this game, not possible. It may have seemed to you at the time that you were hit through an indestructible object, but you are incorrect.

Finally, in the entire time I've played this game I have on occasion been impressed by the apparent skills of someone who should not be capable of the shots they are making on me. Perhaps they were employing an illegal mod, perhaps they were very lucky. RNG can be a cruel mistress. I'm certain those players who I hit while we're both on the move over rough terrain, and whom I'm fortunate enough to get an extremely luck ammo rack think I'm running illegal mods. They'd be wrong, but they'd probably still find it unbelievable that it was just luck, unless they were the ones to get the shot, then they'd just cheer themselves and not give it a second thought. Point is it doesn't happen either way often enough to get me excited. I do still enjoy those lucky ammo racks none the less! :)

Also tagged with rant, feedback

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users