so...SirFochs WAS threatened?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

highlandwolf #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11821 battles

YES i know there's threads already but ...Ok..since people seem to be getting off onto different tracks with this whole thing, i just want to know..reading a small thing on another thread between Fochs and an employee of WG..it certainly LOOKS like Fochs was threatened with "copyright strike" and a threat about a hit at him being able to monetize later because (and i'm not up on making money with youtube or twitch or whatever) he won't be able to what..add adverts to his twitch account or youtube videos??..is that how it works?

IF this is the case, isn't that threats?..reason i ask is that i've seen Jingles mentioning being hazy on if he was threatened or not..if what i saw then yes he was..does that mean SirCon was treated same way for something different that occurred??

Edited by highlandwolf, May 19 2017 - 18:33.

Wirbelfeld #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:34

Captain

• Players
  • 19310 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Posthighlandwolf, on May 19 2017 - 17:32, said:

YES i know there's threads already but ...Ok..since people seem to be getting off onto different tracks with this whole thing, i just want to know..reading a small thing on another thread between Fochs and an employee of WG..it certainly LOOKS like Fochs was threatened with "copyright strike" and a threat about a hit at him being able to monetize later because (and i'm not up on making money with youtube or twitch or whatever) he won't be able to what..add adverts to his twitch account or youtube videos??..is that how it works?

IF this is the case, isn't that threats?..reason i ask is that i've seen Jingles mentioning being hazy on if he was threatened or not..if what i saw then yes he was..does that mean SirCon was treated same way for something different that occurred??

He was threatened, he posted on reddit detailing what happened and posted screenshots. Basically wargaming threatened to have his videos taken down on youtube, I dont think Wargaming has rights on twitch, but with the way youtube copyright strikes work, the accusor has the advantage

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:36

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 19 2017 - 10:21, said:

this is gonna be an all day thing isn't it....

welp heres everything

jingles: https://www.reddit.c...ngles_response/

foch: https://www.reddit.c...up_some_things/

jim sterling: https://www.reddit.c...fcked_up_video/    (focusing on the abuse of DMCA/Copyright Claim.   and Demonitization threat)

original video: https://www.facebook...71566622943302/     (honestly not that bad.  we've all said worse in game at one poitn or another)

even milky is getting in on it.  https://www.reddit.c...m_source=reddit

whose right whose wrong.

both and both.

WG should have never threatened to take the video down, or demonetize his videos.

and foch.....honestly theres nothing wrong with what he did in an overall view.  your allowed to complain and critic a game/company.  its why critics exist.,   though costing his community contributor is an obvious cost from a WG view.

and before a certain tomato can shows up here.

slander and critic/complaint are different.    slander is fake claims.  which this wasn't.  his video was based on the stats of the tank, not fake stats of it

​to answer your question.  yeah he got threatened,  which is where WG overstepped their bounds (anyone else notice how all this stuff always comes from WGEU? )

threatening to remove communtiy contributor is fine.  expected.

but they went for his channel/demonetization.   which is a nono unless he actually slandered them.  which he didn't.

mariuslecter #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14058 battles
  • [PANSY] PANSY

The plot thickens!

"Wargaming, You Done [edited] Up"

https://www.youtube....h?v=hmvwiTs7Dvg

Kronaan #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 42987 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

A usual day in Minsk.

WG's CEO : "What people think about our game after the changes in the past 6 months?"

WG's Marketing (with their foot on the throats of youtubers, streamers and players) : "Everything is fine Sir! Everyone is enjoying it and we have not had any complaints about the game!"

PREDY4 #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS

Quote from Foch - "... I agree that was not a good video and I removed it."  If this is sincere, then he admits he was in the wrong... if he was not in the wrong, then he's a coward.

Either way, if you have ever watched him once, it's obvious he's a crying, whining complainer.

Bravo4zero #7 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17717 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 19 2017 - 18:36, said:

​to answer your question.  yeah he got threatened,  which is where WG overstepped their bounds (anyone else notice how all this stuff always comes from WGEU? )

but they went for his channel/demonetization.   which is a nono unless he actually slandered them.  which he didn't.

Defamation of character is a no, no.

in this case, I see it from both sides. I watch many of the YouTubers that review WoTs lastest and greatest. I appreciated SirFoch reviews as I liked his style and it made me laugh. Although he may not be making money off the YouTube videos he makes about WoT, I'm saddened that he didn't choose to be the 'bigger man' in this scenario as he's now lost his contributor status. Nobody reacts well to threats but unfortunately I think WG had rights to do this. Really, how hard it is to apologize?

I watch Jingles, who occaissionally does reviews on new tanks as he is closer to the level I play at and states himself that he's "not very good". The advantage to this is I get a better idea of what I'll be able to achieve in the reviewed tank. SirFoch I watched for the "quick and dirty" low down of how good the tank was and will miss this! Quickybaby gives a lot of information and I find this interesting to see advantages and disadvantages of the tank and how to kill it if I don't buy it.

All in all I'll miss SirFoch videos on the tanks but would say that he unfortunately dug himself into this situation.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #8 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:56

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostBravo4zero, on May 19 2017 - 10:53, said:

Defamation of character is a no, no.

in this case, I see it from both sides. I watch many of the YouTubers that review WoTs lastest and greatest. I appreciated SirFoch reviews as I liked his style and it made me laugh. Although he may not be making money off the YouTube videos he makes about WoT, I'm saddened that he didn't choose to be the 'bigger man' in this scenario as he's now lost his contributor status. Nobody reacts well to threats but unfortunately I think WG had rights to do this. Really, how hard it is to apologize?

I watch Jingles, who occaissionally does reviews on new tanks as he is closer to the level I play at and states himself that he's "not very good". The advantage to this is I get a better idea of what I'll be able to achieve in the reviewed tank. SirFoch I watched for the "quick and dirty" low down of how good the tank was and will miss this! Quickybaby gives a lot of information and I find this interesting to see advantages and disadvantages of the tank and how to kill it if I don't buy it.

All in all I'll miss SirFoch videos on the tanks but would say that he unfortunately dug himself into this situation.

defamation of character?

Defamation of character occurs when someone makes a false statement about you that causes you some type of harm. The statement must be published (meaning some third party must have heard it), false, and it must result in harm, usually to the reputation.

but Foch was pointing out the tank's stats.  aka not false statements.  therefore its not defamation.

SuckerPuncher #9 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35895 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

View PostPREDY4, on May 19 2017 - 11:48, said:

Quote from Foch - "... I agree that was not a good video and I removed it."  If this is sincere, then he admits he was in the wrong... if he was not in the wrong, then he's a coward.

Either way, if you have ever watched him once, it's obvious he's a crying, whining complainer.

Except... he essentially redid the video with extra commentary using non WG content to prevent them from claiming © infringement

I honestly don't think that anyone has an issue with his CC being taken away due to his language.  It's the threats of copyright strikes which smacks of censorship that has the jimmies rustled.  

The oddest thing is that the EU forums have a 39+ page thread on this and I have seen at least five threads locked here just on my lunch hour.   

CapPhrases #10 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6074 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 19 2017 - 12:36, said:

CapPhrases #11 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6074 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostSuckerPuncher, on May 19 2017 - 12:56, said:

Except... he essentially redid the video with extra commentary using non WG content to prevent them from claiming © infringement

I honestly don't think that anyone has an issue with his CC being taken away due to his language.  It's the threats of copyright strikes which smacks of censorship that has the jimmies rustled.  

The oddest thing is that the EU forums have a 39+ page thread on this and I have seen at least five threads locked here just on my lunch hour.   

we're clearly not supposed to keep talking about something that makes the company look bad. apparently we should just smile and be happy that WG is shutting up negative critics.

watchdog9er #12 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:59

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 26129 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Barbara Streisand Effect, WG.

I had never heard of SirFoch before and now with the alleged bullying we all have.  WG - just apologize and let free speech do it's thing.

https://en.wikipedia...treisand_effect

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #13 Posted May 19 2017 - 18:59

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostCapPhrases, on May 19 2017 - 10:59, said:

we're clearly not supposed to keep talking about something that makes the company look bad. apparently we should just smile and be happy that WG is shutting up negative critics.

that didn't work for EA or the ghost busters movie.  and it wont here >=D

*continues throwing unsold copies of ghostbusters2016 at EA*   

edit

better example.  ghostbusters2016!

it didn't work for them. and it wont here

now then......*throws copies of ghostbusters2016 i found in the trash at the director*

Edited by Strike_Witch_Tomoko, May 19 2017 - 19:01.

Bravo4zero #14 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:02

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17717 battles
  • [5D4] 5D4

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 19 2017 - 18:56, said:

defamation of character?

Defamation of character occurs when someone makes a false statement about you that causes you some type of harm. The statement must be published (meaning some third party must have heard it), false, and it must result in harm, usually to the reputation.

but Foch was pointing out the tank's stats.  aka not false statements.  therefore its not defamation.

The statements SirFoch makes are his opinion ... is it true or false? He was very abusive towards WG (in the original video) and made statements about their business model (don't know the exact wording he used). He posts this video on YouTube to how many subscribers he has (also on twitch (possibly) and Facebook) so plenty of "third parties" heard it. Therefore, defamation of character

CapPhrases #15 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6074 battles
  • [TXV] TXV

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 19 2017 - 12:59, said:

that didn't work for EA or the ghost busters movie.  and it wont here >=D

*continues throwing unsold copies of ghostbusters2016 at EA*   

edit

better example.  ghostbusters2016!

it didn't work for them. and it wont here

now then......*throws copies of ghostbusters2016 i found in the trash at the director*

EXACTLY! you can't just shut down reviews you don't like or don't fit your narrative! that is the problem with the whole situation right here. WG shutting down opinions they don't like.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #16 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles
  • [TOGWR] TOGWR

View PostBravo4zero, on May 19 2017 - 11:02, said:

The statements SirFoch makes are his opinion ... is it true or false? He was very abusive towards WG (in the original video) and made statements about their business model (don't know the exact wording he used). He posts this video on YouTube to how many subscribers he has (also on twitch (possibly) and Facebook) so plenty of "third parties" heard it. Therefore, defamation of character

no,  at no time did he make a false claim about wg.  he used stats on the tank, and how it promotes use of gold for their p2w game model.

both of which are true enough, and neither is a false claim that is unsupported.   https://www.facebook...71566622943302/

the only thing he did wrong was cuss excessively.  which is still mild vs what you see in wot randoms.

Cruxdei #17 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14340 battles

well some people say he basically insulted a company and blah blah blah.

seriously this is WGEU problem,i don't even know this dude.

this is his video before being taken down,judge it by your own humble opinions.

Dracheherr #18 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30722 battles
  • [CRTBL] CRTBL
Enough. This horse is dead.

YANKEE137 #19 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5529 battles
  • [SOFAT] SOFAT
Can't wait for the Hitler Downfall parody.

Radonis #20 Posted May 19 2017 - 19:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11525 battles
  • [TBOOM] TBOOM

View PostPREDY4, on May 19 2017 - 18:48, said:

You sir are wrong with that opinion. He really loves the game and wants it to keep it going as he said in his second upload for that tank so if he thinks the devs are killing it and with his personality which is blunt and honest and can be over the top sometimes he will express it. I dont get where you said he was a coward he knew his first vid was not good and prolly not his best work so he redid it and put it up how is that cowardly. Please i understand if you dont like the salt but dont throw out things you really dont know about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users