Jump to content


T-62a or Object 140

medium tanks object 140 t-62a obj 140 russian mediums

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

addiboy5207 #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:10

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5173 battles
  • 60
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011
Hey guys, I am progressing up my T-54, but I am unsure of which medium tier 10 i should research. From what I see in the garage, the Object 140 beats the T-62a in every aspect. even turret armor. I am interested in hearing from the community regarding these two tanks. Is the object 140 plain better? Or are there gameplay aspects that make the T-62a on par that I cannot tell from garage stats.

Nudnick #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 17777 battles
  • 1,371
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013
They're both good, but from what I've seen the 140 is the favorite.

addiboy5207 #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5173 battles
  • 60
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostNudnick, on May 19 2017 - 19:14, said:

They're both good, but from what I've seen the 140 is the favorite.

 

I have noticed the same, I also noticed that it looks like you can tell where the armor is thick on the 140 turret (the rough-looking paint). Is that truly the thickest part?

RenamedUser_1004343877 #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:29

    Captain

  • Players
  • 37352 battles
  • 1,248
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013
Most people get the 140 first because the top gun you research for that tank is slightly better.

eward17 #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:29

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11275 battles
  • 380
  • [LOAD] LOAD
  • Member since:
    04-04-2015

View PostNudnick, on May 19 2017 - 20:14, said:

They're both good, but from what I've seen the 140 is the favorite.

 

140 is also always better for cw

ogHaKo #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25207 battles
  • 474
  • Member since:
    11-14-2011

62A for guaranteed turret armor.

140 for a little bit better flexibility(5km/h more top speed, 1 more degree of gun depression, little bit better gun stabilization on the move) in exchange for worse turret armor.

 

Other than that there's no difference between those two.

 

The choice is yours.



addiboy5207 #7 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:31

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5173 battles
  • 60
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostogHaKo, on May 19 2017 - 19:29, said:

62A for guaranteed turret armor.

140 for a little bit better flexibility(5km/h more top speed, 1 more degree of gun depression, little bit better gun stabilization on the move) in exchange for worse turret armor.

 

Other than that there's no difference between those two.

 

The choice is yours.

 

I hate this choice! I guess I will need to check out an armor inspector to know the exact differences in the armor...



ogHaKo #8 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25207 battles
  • 474
  • Member since:
    11-14-2011

View Postaddiboy5207, on May 19 2017 - 19:31, said:

 

I hate this choice! I guess I will need to check out an armor inspector to know the exact differences in the armor...

 

140 has 2 less armored cupolas instead of 1. Also 140 has 30mm turret roof, which means anything with gun caliber of more than 90mm is going to autopen the upper part of 140s turret.

addiboy5207 #9 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 5173 battles
  • 60
  • [-D1G-] -D1G-
  • Member since:
    09-23-2011

View PostogHaKo, on May 19 2017 - 19:34, said:

 

140 has 2 less armored cupolas instead of 1. Also 140 has 30mm turret roof, which means anything with gun caliber of more than 90mm is going to autopen the upper part of 140s turret.

 

So this is the thing I have been missing. i assume it isn't too hard to overmatch the top turret?

NL_Celt #10 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 24449 battles
  • 5,144
  • Member since:
    10-05-2012

View Postaddiboy5207, on May 19 2017 - 16:01, said:

 

I hate this choice! I guess I will need to check out an armor inspector to know the exact differences in the armor...

 

tanks.gg

_Brew_ #11 Posted May 27 2017 - 05:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15473 battles
  • 1,142
  • [RELSH] RELSH
  • Member since:
    07-13-2012

View Postaddiboy5207, on May 19 2017 - 14:35, said:

 

So this is the thing I have been missing. i assume it isn't too hard to overmatch the top turret?

 

Both cupolas and the whole roof can be overmatched by any gun over 90mm caliber.

Slatherer #12 Posted May 27 2017 - 05:21

    Major

  • Players
  • 26220 battles
  • 2,204
  • Member since:
    01-21-2014

They say the T62A is more pub friendly and the 140 is better for CW.

 

Prior to that, they might have said the opposite.  

 

What I have noticed is that the 140 has a noticeably worse turret and is a bit more flexible in every other way.  

 

If you are a more lazy player, go with the T62A.  The 140 is a much more dynamic tank.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users