W.O.T. Academy and communication with players

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

0pz #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:32

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1635 battles

Hello,

I just found out about thing called "W.O.T. Academy", sadly, already with 600 battles fought and only because another forum member mentioned it as a way to get some tank. I think the content is pretty well made and might offer some good advises to a new players, but apparently, also pretty well hidden, and that's what I want to suggest - I think it would be cool if you made some pop-out screen which would appear after completion of the basic training (that one where you drive in Sherman and shoot some German tanks) with something like "You finished the basic training, but was just a start. Find out more and earn a special tank on wotacademy.com. "

0pz

Scorpiany #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:44

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA
I didn't even realize WoT Academy was a thing. WarGaming really doesn't do a good job about announcing these things...

Kehox #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5531 battles

View PostScorpiany, on May 19 2017 - 20:44, said:

I didn't even realize WoT Academy was a thing. WarGaming really doesn't do a good job about announcing these things...

or you dont read the news feed... :hiding:

Silversound #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 34902 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

WG likes people to do poorly.

There is money in it.

Not a dig at WG. Just reality.

People will open up their wallets a little if they believe it will help them get better.

So they put out the guides and such, but don'l clamor if people ignore them.

Quemapueblos #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:45

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8626 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hi folks,

We're thrilled to hear you are excited about our new site. You haven't seen this before because we just rolled this out this week! Also, we didn't promote this to the existing folks because it wouldn't apply to experienced tankers who have played our game already.

We hear that players are struggling to understand our game early on, and we wanted to help educate them as early as possible. Good to hear you like the style and content. We are also working on intermediate and advanced sections. Once we have those complete we hope to roll this out to everyone and make a bigger announcement.

In the meantime, send any friend who joins the over the tank academy. We will let you know when we roll it out with the rest of the features.

dunniteowl #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 18282 battles

Thanks, Quemapueblos.  See my comments regarding Open Training Rooms.

Here's the Link:  If You Had the Choice to Change One Thing In WoT, What Would It Be? My Response

I think the inability by new players to actually get a chance to train in an environment that doesn't penalize them for making obvious mistakes (like you get when you're learning while fighting in matches) while they are clearly attempting to gain experience at certain tasks.

I don't know about the Academy, but I think you should consider this sort of concept as a way to meet the training needs of many without having to have a plethora of One person, One room events.

Thanks, WG!

BigDollarBillz #7 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:41

Captain

• Players
  • 33901 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Just want my friends list back to working.

General_Izer #8 Posted May 19 2017 - 22:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17243 battles
  • [TUF] TUF
It's cool, but only covers the very basics just like the training mission or the former academy videos. One can pick these up in 30 minutes of gameplay. Can we have some more advanced stuff?

Quemapueblos #9 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:09

Associate Producer

• Administrator
  • 8626 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

View PostGeneral_Izer, on May 19 2017 - 14:41, said:

It's cool, but only covers the very basics just like the training mission or the former academy videos. One can pick these up in 30 minutes of gameplay. Can we have some more advanced stuff?

Yep, we are working on intermediate and advanced tutorials. This first guide is more for tankers who just stepped in the door.

View Postdunniteowl, on May 19 2017 - 14:33, said:

Thanks, Quemapueblos.  See my comments regarding Open Training Rooms.

Here's the Link:  If You Had the Choice to Change One Thing In WoT, What Would It Be? My Response

I think the inability by new players to actually get a chance to train in an environment that doesn't penalize them for making obvious mistakes (like you get when you're learning while fighting in matches) while they are clearly attempting to gain experience at certain tasks.

I don't know about the Academy, but I think you should consider this sort of concept as a way to meet the training needs of many without having to have a plethora of One person, One room events.

Thanks, WG!

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at the idea shortly! From first glance, I very much agree we need a space for new players to experiment and learn. Its also really annoying when I need to create a training room for work and I have to harass a co-worker to just sit in a room with me. (probably more of me problem than for you guys :P)

IndygoEEI #10 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 47920 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View Post0pz, on May 19 2017 - 14:32, said:

Hello,

I just found out about thing called "W.O.T. Academy", sadly, already with 600 battles fought and only because another forum member mentioned it as a way to get some tank. I think the content is pretty well made and might offer some good advises to a new players, but apparently, also pretty well hidden, and that's what I want to suggest - I think it would be cool if you made some pop-out screen which would appear after completion of the basic training (that one where you drive in Sherman and shoot some German tanks) with something like "You finished the basic training, but was just a start. Find out more and earn a special tank on wotacademy.com. "

0pz

What's the link?  I have a friend who's interested...

madogthefirst #11 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:24

Major

• Players
  • 21541 battles
  • [CSA-1] CSA-1

View PostQuemapueblos, on May 19 2017 - 12:45, said:

Hi folks,

We're thrilled to hear you are excited about our new site. You haven't seen this before because we just rolled this out this week! Also, we didn't promote this to the existing folks because it wouldn't apply to experienced tankers who have played our game already.

We hear that players are struggling to understand our game early on, and we wanted to help educate them as early as possible. Good to hear you like the style and content. We are also working on intermediate and advanced sections. Once we have those complete we hope to roll this out to everyone and make a bigger announcement.

In the meantime, send any friend who joins the over the tank academy. We will let you know when we roll it out with the rest of the features.

Sadly I think a number of people in my clan may need to see some of the videos on the new site.:hiding: I just started watching some now and haven't seen what all you got going on.

rich73 #12 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:52

Major

• Players
  • 42962 battles

View PostIndygoEEI, on May 19 2017 - 14:17, said:

What's the link?  I have a friend who's interested...

I see alt accounts in the future.

landedkiller #13 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7763 battles

View PostQuemapueblos, on May 19 2017 - 16:09, said:

Yep, we are working on intermediate and advanced tutorials. This first guide is more for tankers who just stepped in the door.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a look at the idea shortly! From first glance, I very much agree we need a space for new players to experiment and learn. Its also really annoying when I need to create a training room for work and I have to harass a co-worker to just sit in a room with me. (probably more of me problem than for you guys :P)

do what wot console did and create rooms where you can battle bot tanks to train up on skills make a cmapaign or two out of it if you guys want as well. i mean it would be nice to have world of warship like events on wot

VooDooKobra #14 Posted May 21 2017 - 01:57

Major

• Players
  • 6472 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View PostQuemapueblos, on May 19 2017 - 13:45, said:

Hi folks,

I have been here for a long time but am still a baddie.  I need all the help I can get 

docroberts #15 Posted May 21 2017 - 04:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17375 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
When I started this game there used to be a WOT app that showed each and every tank but hasn't been updated for a couple years now . It showed a detailed picture of the tank  and where was the strongest to the weakest point . I loved that app because you learned all about that tank as you moved up the lines . http://www.worldofta...nk_analyzer.cgi ... I don't know if this link still works but it was very informative at that time but desperately needs to be updated with all the newer lines and tanks that have been added . Other things that need to be taught and is very crucial for new comers is side scraping or angling . But each tank moving up a line sometimes does and doesn't play like the last and players need to learn how to adapt and change play style to fit that particular tank ..  

machsquad #16 Posted May 21 2017 - 19:09

Corporal

• Players
  • 18328 battles
  • [VISER] VISER

View PostQuemapueblos, on May 19 2017 - 21:45, said:

Hi folks,

Why not encourage experienced players to help new comers figure out more basics by rewarding the experienced player. So have a Pl option where a newcomer can seek a experienced player to pl with. Then for every battle the two players run together they both get  bonuses in the form of consumables or gold or something but make it worth while. Or make it so players can sign up to be instructors to train new players and to help encourage new players to stay longer. This would not only help the new players but it would also help build a better community in the game 

the_Deadly_Bulb #17 Posted May 22 2017 - 08:41

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Link

http://wotacademy.com/#/home

the_Deadly_Bulb #18 Posted May 22 2017 - 08:44

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostQuemapueblos, on May 19 2017 - 12:45, said:

Hi folks,

Perhaps not, but the more experienced could always refer new players to it, or did you not consider that?

WG, don't keep secrets. Some of us are actually trying to help, both you and the new players. Try not to be a hindrance perhaps. :honoring:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users