Question About Public Bots from developers on Wot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OmegaMkII #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 8407 battles

Hello wot developers.

I have a very strange question to you guys.

I have some friends also on EU & Asian server. But lately, I heard a strange information from them as "wot developers let public bots join when we fight".

At first, I felt hard to understand what they talked because my subject was "wot developers have no reason to let their bots(even if those exist) join to our battle.".

So I asked them as "Why do you say it?? What is the profit on wot developers if do it??"

Then they answered, "Recently, Low tier battle (especially tier I & II) doesn't start quickly, so wot developers let public bots join for reducing our battle start time after we order."

If their speech is truth, 1 doubt arises in my brain that any servers show us the numbers logged in, then it gonna be falsehood(not real number).

But my impression is still "Story of my friends can't be the case".

So I would like to ask wot developers again the question.

Are wot developers really using public bots while our battle as my friends spoke?

Please answer as public.

Then, I believe only answers from wot developers if speech of my friends is true or not.

Wating for answers.

Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Edited by OmegaMkII, May 19 2017 - 20:56.

Scorpiany #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 20:57

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29493 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Tier 1 and 2 has a special mode called Proving Grounds, where primarily bots are used.

For Random Battles, I do recall WarGaming talking about introducing bots into Tiers 1-3, although I'm not sure what they did with that system. The original goal was to speed up the queue times, since new players often have trouble getting into battle while they're grinding through the low Tier tanks.

These bots are not included in the "Online players" count; whether or not they're currently in battle.

Silversound #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 34521 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS
People play worse than bots... So...

OmegaMkII #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 8407 battles

View PostScorpiany, on May 19 2017 - 20:57, said:

Tier 1 and 2 has a special mode called Proving Grounds, where primarily bots are used.

For Random Battles, I do recall WarGaming talking about introducing bots into Tiers 1-3, although I'm not sure what they did with that system. The original goal was to speed up the queue times, since new players often have trouble getting into battle while they're grinding through the low Tier tanks.

These bots are not included in the "Online players" count; whether or not they're currently in battle.

Thank you for answer.

I didn't know that there were Proving Grounds bots as public from wot developers on those tiers.

And I also understand that the numbers logged in never include bots numbers of public ones.

But... 1 more question to you...

It means other tiers also have some public bots from wot deveploers???

Edited by OmegaMkII, May 19 2017 - 21:33.

Scorpiany #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:33

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29493 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostOmegaMkII, on May 19 2017 - 13:30, said:

Thank you for answer.

I didn't know that there were Proving Grounds bots on those tiers.

And I also understand that the numbers logged in never include bots numbers.

But... 1 more question to you...

It means other tiers also have some bots???

No. This program was restricted to Tiers 1-3 with the sole purpose of speeding up low Tier queue times. These bots are not in higher Tier battles.

Some players use bot programs of their own, but these are not related to WarGaming; and in fact are not allowed. Players caught using botting programs may be subject to account bans.

OmegaMkII #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 21:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 8407 battles

View PostScorpiany, on May 19 2017 - 21:33, said:

No. This program was restricted to Tiers 1-3 with the sole purpose of speeding up low Tier queue times. These bots are not in higher Tier battles.

Some players use bot programs of their own, but these are not related to WarGaming; and in fact are not allowed. Players caught using botting programs may be subject to account bans.

I see, I understand that there are no public bots on tier 4 ~ 10.

Ok.... I also understand how many numbers of noobs(which are worse than brainless bots) really are....

Or.... as you said now, maybe there are still some tanks which are using botting programs of account bans lol....

Anyway, thank you for telling what is the truth.

Edited by OmegaMkII, May 19 2017 - 21:46.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users