• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

OmegaMkII #1 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 9238 battles

Hello wot deveploers.
As you guys see the title,

I request an addition of new penalties for "lazy tanks which never cover ally while game" if no AFK.

This is same as deliberate AFK/parasitism.

There are some reasons why I request it.

1: There are no public bots on tiers 4 ~ 10 
(it means there are so many noobs which are worse than brainless bots or using botting program of account ban on those tiers,
when lazy tanks which never cover ally appear while game

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/543878-question-about-public-bots-from-developers-on-wot/

2:Team never works as team
(It's not established as a game by unilateral devastation when lazy tanks which never cover ally appear while game)

3: They never think it was bad as lazy and uncooperative
(Because there are no penalties if they repeat it many times, then they keep repeating it forever regardless of game results)

Eventually, many tanks feel it as annoying about ”Consecutive defeat with far different reward that can be said to be discriminatory than enemy team".

And if this absurdity "which last continuously as more same results" continues to fall on only specific tanks
it can only express the total results as "inequality" despite "the time per game between ally and enemy" is equal for all tanks per game.

Moreover, on the tanks which never can get the win continuously, "same continuous disadvantage results" mean "continuous loss for long time".

Why this happens is just because by 1 ~ 3 above.
Therefore, I declare that "wot developers have responsible for avoiding this problem by addition of new penalties which give punishment to lazy tanks which never cover allyif no AFK.

This is why I made this thread.

Please answer about this problem.

Thank you.
Have a nice day.

Edited by OmegaMkII, May 19 2017 - 23:35.

Scorpiany #2 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:28

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29678 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

Unfortunately, you cannot punish players for poor gameplay. However, if there is a player intentionally ignoring enemy tanks, or one who is actively trying to not participate in the battle, then you may report them for "Inaction / bot" or "Unsportsmanlike conduct".

It is worth noting that not all players who don't cover allies have bad intentions. Some players simply don't understand the game well enough. Others are actively trying to deal with other tanks, or simply are not in a position to provide covering fire without getting their own tanks demolished.

Rin_ #3 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 17520 battles
  • [R-7] R-7
"I yolo field and blame the team"

CN_Minus #4 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:28

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 11554 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Oh my gawd. Are you upset that no one else yoloed with you died?

saru_richard #5 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 19812 battles
  • [H-H] H-H
and what metric will the system use to see if a tank is covering another tank? heck how do you propose this system works? seriously if your going to make these types of threads at least write how your suggestion will work in practice 

Hellsfog #6 Posted May 19 2017 - 23:39

Major

• Players
  • 30515 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View Postsaru_richard, on May 19 2017 - 17:29, said:

and what metric will the system use to see if a tank is covering another tank? heck how do you propose this system works? seriously if your going to make these types of threads at least write how your suggestion will work in practice 

I have the answer to your questions. Anyone who can't manage at least 340 Wn8 and a 47% WR after 5,500 battles will be banned for 1 day. If that person hasn't improved following their next 5 games, they will get banned for 3 days, a week and then permanently.  Any player with 5,500 battles or less who has at least 20% of this games in arty and sucks in arty, will be instantly banned. They will be allowed to reroll as many times as it takes to not be a bot. 

OmegaMkII #7 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 9238 battles

View PostScorpiany, on May 19 2017 - 23:28, said:

However, if there is a player intentionally ignoring enemy tanks...

Some players simply don't understand the game well enough...

Thank you for quick answer.

But before answer of above quote, see what I wrote please.

View PostOmegaMkII, on May 19 2017 - 23:25, said:

1: There are no public bots on tiers 4 ~ 10 

(it means there are so many noobs which are worse than brainless bots or using botting program of account ban on those tiers,
when lazy tanks which never cover ally appear while game

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/543878-question-about-public-bots-from-developers-on-wot/

At least as you said, I also agree that there are some tanks which don't understand the game well enough on tier 4.

But, over tier 5, Your answer above never apply as reality of higher tiers.

Almost tanks make judgment the situation as lazy and uncooperative if never cover while ally in front gets attacked from enemy on those tiers (over tier 5).

So, ally in front which gets attacked from enemy on those tiers ask to cover. Or also ask AFK or not.

(because, especially tier X expence of shells and repair are so expensive)

This is human nature on this situation if never AFK/parasitism at least over tier 5.

I am a little surprised about your answer because you are also player but never understand what the reality in game is.

Many tanks already experienced how we got unilateral devastation on over tier 5 with no cover while ally in front gets attacked from enemy like "0 vs 15".

Please accept the reality.

Edited by OmegaMkII, May 20 2017 - 00:18.

Dratt_Dastardly #8 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:15

Major

• Players
  • 27171 battles

View PostScorpiany, on May 19 2017 - 17:28, said:

Unfortunately, you cannot punish players for poor gameplay. However, if there is a player intentionally ignoring enemy tanks, or one who is actively trying to not participate in the battle, then you may report them for "Inaction / bot" or "Unsportsmanlike conduct".

It is worth noting that not all players who don't cover allies have bad intentions. Some players simply don't understand the game well enough. Others are actively trying to deal with other tanks, or simply are not in a position to provide covering fire without getting their own tanks demolished.

Or said offended person who believes the other player should be doing things his way and not theirs.  Because the complainer thinks he's the best player in the game and if he disagrees with what the other is doing, he sucks...

You can not penalize someone because of someone else's opinion.  It has to be white or black.  Once it's grey, it's harder to justify disciplinary actions.    

In the OP case, use the report feature.  Enough players do it (and I'm sure it could tally up from multiple battles), then disciplinary actions will be taken.

And like the above guy said, you never know what the other teammate is doing.  He could be reloading a round, magazine, or with a damaged ammo rack/loader.  He might be attacking another target or trying to hold a position from being overran or flanked.  He might be waiting for reinforcements.  You and him may not be enough in his opinion.  

Or perhaps you already overextended yourself to be supported.  Nothing like seeing a light tank run past the half way mark on the mall within the first few minutes, expecting all the other tanks to be in a position to support him.  Seeing a light tank so that, big help repeatedly is just moronic to see.  Even worse if he dies and blames the team for lack of support.  

DIZTREZZED #9 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 93 battles
I see what your complaint is about but yet I feel it has no merit on regular everyday battles with WoT. I have been with WoT since Jan. 2012 (different account) and have seen great progress in game play being acclimated for all users. According to my calculations you play 40 GAMES PER DAY (AVERAGE) (thats 7 days a week). Those of us that dont spend their entire life gaming feel a little disgruntled at times when noobs dont live up to our expectations but also realize that THATS LIFE. We all cant be professionals and dont expect the self proclaimed experts to dictate THEIR style of playing on us. If you expect everyone to live up to your standards then I suggest you spend time playing clan wars or even posting youtube videos on your "professionalism" to enlighten everyone on your stellar abilities. With that being said...sit back, relax, have fun, and dont go through life expecting everyone to follow your thoughts or actions

OmegaMkII #10 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 9238 battles

View PostDratt_Dastardly, on May 20 2017 - 00:15, said:

expecting all the other tanks to be in a position to support him....  

Even if you write abstractly, people do not understand.

Wot has heavy, middle, light, td, and arty.

So each has each jobs.

<Example 1>

If only 1 light tank on each team at tiers 8 -10 games, light tank gonna scout and spot but enemy trys to kill it so need to cover.

This is not special, just common sence but some tank never understand why need to cover it.

At least arty or td which see it in front from sight or map, usually try to cover but sometimes never happened and as surprised, attack finally start to those enemies which killed it as duo "after light tank was dead".

But it is ok if other mates work as scout and spot after the light tank was dead but sometime also never happened and team gets unilateral devastation.

If no cover before scout and spot done, what makes sence?

<Example 2>

If also other kind of mate(not light tank) get attacked from some enemies at the same time, at least always gonna help if I join as any tanks (above 5 kinds).

Because death is 100% when "1 vs some enemies at the same time".

So usually tanks need to attack with gathering.

This is also a kind of cover style.

But sometimes tanks never gather when push or attack.

Only enemy attacks with gathering.

And the solo never cover mates which get attacked as solo from some tanks of enemy.

<Subject>

Mates which need to get covered are just "danger tank which get attacked from some enemies at the same time" despite any kind of tanks.

This is not problem that who need it, and you must realize it if none ask.

If cannot do this, team never works as team.

Understood?

Edited by OmegaMkII, May 20 2017 - 03:25.

HazmattsMilitia #11 Posted May 20 2017 - 00:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7378 battles
  • [-APCR] -APCR

View PostScorpiany, on May 19 2017 - 17:28, said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.I bet we have all been in a position were we needed to deal with a flank that has been left open or deal with other problems that dont come up on the map but need to be dealt with anyways,a fallen tree that you spot, a crushed building etc..I also bet all of us have done stupid,selfish things that our team looked down upon.I mean really,every one has been that guy who was closest to the base being capped but stoped to kill a weak enemy in the 15 seconds left on the timer :P.Or maybe that was just me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users