Wot... World of Trash.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

DarkChild_1 #1 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 27846 battles
  • [NASTI] NASTI
What happened?? Really. This game used to be about building up your skill and your tanks to their highest potential. Now it is Kiddie corner time. We will make it fair for everyone. You have your tanks set up, doesn't matter. we will make the game fair. Is your tank too tough... too accurate.... too fast.... too powerful. No problem will nerf them to make it fair. Does not matter how much time you have put into your tank or how much training you have done. Look at all the great tanks you and I have taken to time,energy and money to build up, just to watch them nerf them. What a waste of a great game. I am not venting people. I am just stating facts in the hope that WOT will see they made a mistake and return the game back to what is was. A game of skill and dedication to the art of tank warfare. I understand that WOT has to make a living but not at the cost of ruining such a great game.

Nunya_000 #2 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:18

Major

• Players
  • 20390 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
Saw a lot of opinion, but no facts.

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #3 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:19

Captain

• Players
  • 35385 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostDarkChild_1, on May 19 2017 - 16:14, said:

What happened?? Really. This game used to be about building up your skill and your tanks to their highest potential. Now it is Kiddie corner time. We will make it fair for everyone. You have your tanks set up, doesn't matter. we will make the game fair. Is your tank too tough... too accurate.... too fast.... too powerful. No problem will nerf them to make it fair. Does not matter how much time you have put into your tank or how much training you have done. Look at all the great tanks you and I have taken to time,energy and money to build up, just to watch them nerf them. What a waste of a great game. I am not venting people. I am just stating facts in the hope that WOT will see they made a mistake and return the game back to what is was. A game of skill and dedication to the art of tank warfare. I understand that WOT has to make a living but not at the cost of ruining such a great game.

Bravo!

DarkConfidant #4 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 20709 battles
  • [PYRMD] PYRMD
I do miss machine gun ports being weak spots :mellow:

Towboat42 #5 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:29

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 46281 battles

View PostDarkConfidant, on May 19 2017 - 18:25, said:

I do miss machine gun ports being weak spots :mellow:

they still are

tod914 #6 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:31

Captain

• Players
  • 46187 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS

View PostTowboat42, on May 19 2017 - 19:29, said:

they still are

Just not on premiums.

PREDY4 #7 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2272 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS

View PostDarkChild_1, on May 20 2017 - 01:14, said:

We will make it fair for everyone. 
...we will make the game fair.
...make it fair.
...return the game back to what is was.

What is it you are complaining about ?  Balancing tanks for fairness ?

Dionysus_Zagreus #8 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:51

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33405 battles

View PostPREDY4, on May 19 2017 - 20:31, said:

No, trying to balance players so everyone is the same.  It does have that feel though....... certainly more "arcade" like than a couple of years ago.

Should be a certain PR level past tier 5.  If you suck, you sit at tier 5.... for example.  The higher the PR, the higher you can tier up......

BeanHoleBandit #9 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11010 battles

View PostPREDY4, on May 20 2017 - 01:31, said:

Hey go pick on people that just started the game some more.. 

BeanHoleBandit #10 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:54

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11010 battles
Why is it the only people that say WG RULES.. Are the people that have great stats but never venture out of tier 6... 

BeanHoleBandit #11 Posted May 20 2017 - 01:55

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11010 battles
Thats the crapWG breeds.. I swear to jebus.. 

_Ancesium_ #12 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:03

Private

• -Players-
  • 1730 battles
Well, like I have said WAY to many times, Wargaming doesn't know how to make things what they should be. They either buff things to where they are overpowered "cough, cough, maus, cough, cough", or they take a tank that is overpowered or is fine where it is, and make it crappier than crap "cough, cough, light tanks, cough, cough". They take one step forward, then take ten steps backwards. My battle count might show that I don't know nothing, but I have been on World of Tanks long enough to know how it went from "Hey! Look at this cool free 2 play game!" to "Oh great, what are they screwing with now?" All I can say is get used to it, cause as far as I know, it's not going to change, and it probably won't for a while.

Edited by _Ancesium_, May 20 2017 - 02:04.

_Ancesium_ #13 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 1730 battles

View PostDionysus_Zagreus, on May 19 2017 - 16:51, said:

No, trying to balance players so everyone is the same.  It does have that feel though....... certainly more "arcade" like than a couple of years ago.

Should be a certain PR level past tier 5.  If you suck, you sit at tier 5.... for example.  The higher the PR, the higher you can tier up......

That wouldn't be able to work, because then the "Tomatoes" and "Oranges" would complain that they can't progress any farther and that it appeals to the professionals. Probably the best way, would be to make it harder to get XP and credits. There is no way of doing so, because no matter what you do... You will still have people that cry.

n4cer67 #14 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:19

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 14755 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
The self entitlement nerfers are ruining the game with their mentality that only they should be the winner or able to do any damage.

hector1470 #15 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:25

Captain

• Players
  • 27345 battles
Some great examples are the over armored tier 8 and 10 heavies, so stupid

_Ancesium_ #16 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 1730 battles

View Posthector1470, on May 19 2017 - 17:25, said:

Some great examples are the over armored tier 8 and 10 heavies, so stupid

*Cough, cough, MAUS, cough, cough, Type 5, cough, cough*

_73RD_Easting2NDACAV #17 Posted May 20 2017 - 03:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 18630 battles
  • [REMFS] REMFS

Yeah I stopped playing over a year ago, They cant make a game fair or kick known cheats or the WOT trolls ( just look up ) off of game, So why waste time on a game made to steal your money and give trolls a place to grow their mushrooms.

But then it was a good game once, just once.

But like I said I don't play it much if at all.

I don't see how they can say its a game of skill when the  E Sports pulled their sponsorship since even they say its just a of chance and not skill. So mods have taken place of skill and the QQ kids have made it a game for all ages, 10 and up.

Cry load enough and get your friends to Troll WG and they will bend to your will.

Scorpiany #18 Posted May 20 2017 - 03:14

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 28623 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostTowboat42, on May 19 2017 - 17:29, said:

they still are

Not really. They're no longer a weakspot on the VK's, they're not a weakspot on the Chrysler... They've removed it as a weakpoint on several older vehicles, and new vehicles introduced with machine gun ports don't have weaker armor over the machine gun ports either.

WG's been removing weakpoints to "try to make armor relevant". The major oversight of this (Or intentional maybe) is that it makes people simply switch to Premium ammunition instead of just aiming for weakpoints.

B00BLEMAX #19 Posted May 20 2017 - 03:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14115 battles
  • [QSF] QSF
What? Fair/balanced games make it easier to distinguish different skill levels. And also make for a better competitive scene. Do you want them to just keep power creeping everything  or adding unbalanced premium tanks? These changes don't  make the game better...  

CptCracker #20 Posted May 20 2017 - 03:28

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 36124 battles
  • [TBBZ] TBBZ

I have to agree that WoT seems to be catering to the whiners way too much. Seems to be a theme with everybody these days ... whining wins.  With every new update another whiner gets his/her way - more balance. 

First off I have no proof - but my one "simple" example might be the Dragon's Teeth in the Siegfried line map.  What used to be an obstacle to be maneuvered around and dealt with tactically is now nothing more than a fun ride for those with fast tanks and a ball buster for the heavies.  Tanks cross it with no damage, it doesn't stop anything and is simply a bump in the road.  Why was that changed?  The teeth were doing what they were designed to do - stop tanks!  Did one too many Snowflakes complain about getting stuck on the teeth?  Did a green player with too much of mom's money to burn buy a new gold tank above they're learning curve and get stuck ? or did they have to go around ? and got caught out in the open once and got beat up and killed?  Did they learn from that mistake ? and carry that lesson into the next time they ran into the Dragon's Teeth .. probably not .. ? .. they probably whined enough and WoT edited the maps to make it "fair" for everyone. The tanks are the same ... whine nerf whine nerf whine nerf.  It's been real interesting to watch some tanks become almost impervious to penetration. Soft spots on other tanks disappearing. I don't get it? I would rather see the game get closer to real world than more Aracadish.

Don't get me wrong .. I think WoT is a marvelous game and the artists, programmers and all have done a wonderful job of making this game very enjoyable to play.  I do support the game by contributing $$ at times.  But I enjoy(ed) the game more when I had to think more and use my brain to advance in the ranks and the tanks.  FAIR didn't use to come to mind when MM would throw the dice and my team was out gunned.  That became the challenge .. I was all about how to beat the apposing red team and never whined about MM being unfair.  LIFE isn't FAIR, WAR certainly isn't FAIR, so why should this game be fair to every player and situation?  Oops forgot money talks.  Use the tools you have chosen (lites, meds, heavy, TD, arty), the hand you're dealt, and deal with it.  WoT please quit turning this game into another ARCADE style Disney game for all the Snowflake liberal players that just want their participation badge.  WoT you are slowly losing me and I'm starting to look at other games that are a "challenge" to play and not so predictable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users