Wargaming review

rant feedback review wargaming world of tanks world of warships negative

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Iowa_Kai #1 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:04

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles
I am not the type to write these types of comments usually. I've picked up World of Tanks after starting World of Warships. The game was pretty fun but lately with the changes and all the silly premium being added. And complete rip off that with not weak point like Defender and now Chrysler K. It's starting to be too much.

First the changes were cool with new match making from 9.18, I did appreciated it. But now I am finally among tier 8, having a few tanks. Well it does sucks because now those tanks seem to happens to be constantly bottom tier. So trying to upgrade my Tiger II or my 110. Welp, it's a no go. Why? Because Matches always put me bottom tier, and I can't pen those overpowered premium tanks or higher tier because I need gold to forget about obtaining a Tier 9 due to needing to spend all my credits on Gold ammo.

I mean sure I could buy Gold ammo with Gold but why I would do that? I already paid for Premium Account and EXP convert once in a while. In my humble opinion, Premium Account should offer a discount on those shells. Or maybe no discount at all, because yes I ain't stupid this is Wargaming we are talking about.

Anyway, by time I get in those high Tier, which is more bottom tier now, we need to be honest here. I was massacred countless times during my tier 6 games by said tier 8. So how newer players supposed to build some decent stats when you always get decimated? I don't get it. Tier 10 seems to be the only possible answer to that now days, which is unfortunate because the grinding effort in this game compared to World of Warships is insanely ridiculous. 

Did I say ridiculous? I been tempted to try World of Tanks on the Playstation 4 for giggles. And it is so much more enjoyable. Sure gold ammos are there but they can only be bought for gold, not credits. It changes a lot the game since the gold spammer are much more less common. Overall I got more fun on the console version. I don't know what Wargaming Console team keep in their pocket for Console but it seem where the development is being focused on. Best example is the amount of Map they got compared pc. Or listening to cool crickets or squirrels when you camp in a bush while there are planes fighting in the sky. Awesome immersion.

I won't say I am going to stop playing PC yet, because I do enjoy the game but at this rate if World of Tanks PC keeps being messed so royally by the poor decisions made by Devs and not listening to players. Well yes I can predict this game to die, or for sure, me to stop playing the PC version. Same as I did with World of Warships, which I call World of Premiums. Funny fact, most World of Warships players are the same players the stopped playing World of Tanks and just buy almost every Premium to pad. It is insanely fun to bother trying to grind for a tier when you get demolished by pay to win ships or tanks. I really have a good time, sarcasm intended.

Now I don't know if people here knows World of Warships but they kind of pushed it too far with adding Tier 9 premium. Something I hope that won't happen in World of Tanks. I know there are some, Tier 10 even. But they are clan rewards or tournaments. World of Warships don't even got Clan Wars or tournaments, just give an idea of how things are going on that game.

Ranting a lot but it feels good to let it out. My post might get moderator or my bum might end up banned from the forums. But I honestly think Wargaming should stop wasting money on stupidities like Super Bowl commercials and doing contract with film actors with very high cachet and focus more on delivering a better game play and actual content. The maps would be a big start. Creating fair premium vehicles instead of overpowered ones while keeping same perks. (Crew Training and transferable experience) That would be much more interesting and give people a reason to keep playing with a motive for progressing.

Rant done.

michaelvoss #2 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4385 battles
  • [_TSR_] _TSR_
Overpowered? Is only balance Comrade... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

wrenchn #3 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 48886 battles
  • [SNS-A] SNS-A

My rant is not done until I get word that the game is back to where it SHOULD BE! Nuff Said!! Here is my review:

Attached Files

• Attached File   thumbsdown.gif   36.25K
  • Attached File   thumbdown2.gif   43.4K

PREDY4 #4 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2619 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS
The game is great... was great yesterday... still great today... will be even greater tomorrow.

Omega_Weapon #5 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:45

Captain

• Players
  • 39280 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Yeah the tier 8s are getting a bit shafted now in so many tier 10 matches, but its not as bad as you make it out to be Iowa_Kai. A well played tier 8 can still contribute well in tier 10 matches, especially since half of the enemy tanks will also be tier 8. The main reason for your difficulties is lack of experience. With less than 4K battles under your belt I think tier 8 is actually above your present skill level. Get more practice in the low to mid tiers. Its not a race to reach tier 10.

Iowa_Kai #6 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on May 19 2017 - 20:45, said:

Yeah the tier 8s are getting a bit shafted now in so many tier 10 matches, but its not as bad as you make it out to be Iowa_Kai. A well played tier 8 can still contribute well in tier 10 matches, especially since half of the enemy tanks will also be tier 8. The main reason for your difficulties is lack of experience. With less than 4K battles under your belt I think tier 8 is actually above your present skill level. Get more practice in the low to mid tiers. Its not a race to reach tier 10.

I'd tend to agree. Mostly with half of it. Stock tier 8s are pretty rough to play now. Don't get me wrong I had bunch of fun with Tier 8 Premium. Got the Chinese tanks mostly for crew training and one since crew matters a lot and it is extra credits.

But I still do think what I said for the most part, anyway thanks for the cheer up! :P

alexgt9123 #7 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:00

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5755 battles
  • [E_L_C] E_L_C

Let me tell you a story about me when I was a very red tomato (I am not calling you a tomato mind you). And I mean very juicy and red, back then I didn't know what WN8 was or that players were really ranked at all with statistics. But anyways back to the chase: My highest tier was tier four, the M5 Stuart, and the special came on so that you could get a rental of the Ripper Patton (Patton KR) if you played one game (btw bad move on WG's part). So not even being in a Tier 7 game in my life I got stuck into my first Tier 8 game, I didn't even recognize a single tank name. I played soooo bad I think I got TK'd if I remember right. Now being a more experienced player and having worked hard to get to this skill level I often pull 3k damage games in tier 8 tanks and higher with my tier 9 lights.

The whole game is about positioning and putting damage where it counts, not about stats (at least at sub 4k games). If you master those two skills your stats will increase very quickly.

If you want a good youtuber that explains things very well and does streams often consider LemmingRush on YT, he is a Super Unicum that wants to help people with the game :)

Medessec #8 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:16

Major

• -Players-
  • 26045 battles
  • [GNET] GNET

Admittedly I gotta say, reading your opinion is quite refreshing. It's very interesting to see someone transition from Ships to Tanks- seems like something very few people could do. And your take on 9.18's new matchmaking, up until reaching Tier 8, aligns with my experiences with MM almost perfectly, as I essentially had the same problem... it felt like MM worked hard to put me in top tier when it was designed to do so, but for some reason it just fails abysmally when presented with very specific situations.

Right before I stopped playing, the Defender had been in the battles for well over a few weeks... definitely solidifying it's position as a P2W tank, but as I've iterated, it's not the biggest problem with this game for me, and it definitely doesn't keep me from playing. Putting the marque aside that someone paid for that tank, it's not much different or much harder to fight. I would agree the direction recently with premiums needs to be reconsidered.

I've never really considered transitioning to the console versions of World of Tanks... I've always loved the controlled and much more information-vibrant environment of the PC version. It's cool that those versions do seem to have better overall gameplay environments, and it seems to work well. But what really gets me is how on earth WG has so drastically driven themselves into the vice they have with the PC version- and making all the occasional slips and mistakes, patching them up and plugging them off as they go... it's very difficult for me to believe that such a wildly big company is making such a hash of it, when the very product they're doing this with at the core was quite well designed, refined and finished from the start. It does have quality issues, but instead of fixing those they've chosen to "improve" the game otherwise.

I was totally surprised to see a Tier 9 premium ship in WoWS when I revisited it recently... and I'm not surprised to see at all that people like yourself are displeased with it. I sincerely hope WoWS isn't suffering as bad as WoT is these past few months... although the weeb-factor in WoWS seems to have driven quite a few people away from it from what I've seen.

Iowa_Kai #9 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3349 battles

View Postalexgt9123, on May 19 2017 - 22:00, said:

Let me tell you a story about me when I was a very red tomato (I am not calling you a tomato mind you). And I mean very juicy and red, back then I didn't know what WN8 was or that players were really ranked at all with statistics. But anyways back to the chase: My highest tier was tier four, the M5 Stuart, and the special came on so that you could get a rental of the Ripper Patton (Patton KR) if you played one game (btw bad move on WG's part). So not even being in a Tier 7 game in my life I got stuck into my first Tier 8 game, I didn't even recognize a single tank name. I played soooo bad I think I got TK'd if I remember right. Now being a more experienced player and having worked hard to get to this skill level I often pull 3k damage games in tier 8 tanks and higher with my tier 9 lights.

The whole game is about positioning and putting damage where it counts, not about stats (at least at sub 4k games). If you master those two skills your stats will increase very quickly.

If you want a good youtuber that explains things very well and does streams often consider LemmingRush on YT, he is a Super Unicum that wants to help people with the game :)

Seems like you did skimmed too much. This has nothing to do with stats or the fact I die or kill someone. It is about the direction the company is taking with their games.

justAN0THERnoob #10 Posted May 24 2017 - 02:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 15955 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE

Nice post

Also tagged with rant, feedback, review, wargaming, world of tanks, world of warships, negative

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users