Winning streaks are so 2016...losing streaks are the new hotness!

matchmaker

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Calden #1 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 7832 battles

For years I have been telling Wargaming to fix its matchmaker.  At first it was simple, pleasant, requests.  As time has gone on, however, my nice, respectful comments have devolved to "fix your crappy matchmaker already," or some other variation of that sentence.

I finally got fed up. No matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, how much I looked into tank play and reading strategy about each map, I would lose ALOT more than I would win.

So, for the last few days I have just not cared when I get into a match.  I am rather proud of my losing streak.  It has not been an easy task, but at the same time, it's not been all that hard either.  I just feel bad for the other 14 people on my team that get the loss too, but hey, Wargaming must not like you much anyway if it's gonna put you on a team with me.

Now, if you think what I said about is a horrible way to look at the game and you would not want me on your team, then tell Wargaming to fix their matchmaker PROPERLY this time.  the fact that one player (me in this case) can affect the team's ability to win or lose is proof that player ability needs to be weighed just as heavily as the tank they are using.  I'm not shooting my own team.  I'm not blocking people or pinning them in the line of fire.  I am simply just not playing the role my tank was meant for, and that penalizes my team so heavily that I can guarantee a loss for my team.  What about all the players who do the same thing out of ignorance?  He may not be getting the nasty comments in game chat or nasty private messages after matches, but he is having the same affect on the game.

Simply, the matchmaker needs to take into account player ability in the tank they are currently queued to play with.  It needs to tank the tank's ability into account past it being just a light, medium, or heavy tank, artillery, or a tank destroyer (a B-C 25t =/= a Maus).  It also needs to stop treating medium and heavy tanks the same (come on Wargaming....a tier 6 medium tank =/= a tier 8 heavy tank).

So, until this stuff gets addressed in the matchmaker, on behalf of wargaming, enjoy your losses when I am on your team!

Edited by Calden, May 20 2017 - 02:44.

Harkonen_siegetank #2 Posted May 20 2017 - 02:46

Major

• Players
  • 27947 battles
  • [_LOL_] _LOL_
If it's this painful for you, stop playing. Find other stress free titles. I'm not kidding.

Redwave11 #3 Posted May 20 2017 - 03:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16120 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View PostCalden, on May 20 2017 - 11:39, said:

For years I have been telling Wargaming to fix its matchmaker.  At first it was simple, pleasant, requests.  As time has gone on, however, my nice, respectful comments have devolved to "fix your crappy matchmaker already," or some other variation of that sentence.

I finally got fed up. No matter what I did, no matter how hard I tried, how much I looked into tank play and reading strategy about each map, I would lose ALOT more than I would win.

So, for the last few days I have just not cared when I get into a match.  I am rather proud of my losing streak.  It has not been an easy task, but at the same time, it's not been all that hard either.  I just feel bad for the other 14 people on my team that get the loss too, but hey, Wargaming must not like you much anyway if it's gonna put you on a team with me.

Now, if you think what I said about is a horrible way to look at the game and you would not want me on your team, then tell Wargaming to fix their matchmaker PROPERLY this time.  the fact that one player (me in this case) can affect the team's ability to win or lose is proof that player ability needs to be weighed just as heavily as the tank they are using.  I'm not shooting my own team.  I'm not blocking people or pinning them in the line of fire.  I am simply just not playing the role my tank was meant for, and that penalizes my team so heavily that I can guarantee a loss for my team.  What about all the players who do the same thing out of ignorance?  He may not be getting the nasty comments in game chat or nasty private messages after matches, but he is having the same affect on the game.

Simply, the matchmaker needs to take into account player ability in the tank they are currently queued to play with.  It needs to tank the tank's ability into account past it being just a light, medium, or heavy tank, artillery, or a tank destroyer (a B-C 25t =/= a Maus).  It also needs to stop treating medium and heavy tanks the same (come on Wargaming....a tier 6 medium tank =/= a tier 8 heavy tank).

So, until this stuff gets addressed in the matchmaker, on behalf of wargaming, enjoy your losses when I am on your team!

I'm glad we finally have an intelligent life form on the forums. One that complains about losing then proceeds to state that he is now going to intentionally lose games..... Makes sense....

Have fun not having fun, i guess?

dmckay #4 Posted May 20 2017 - 03:02

Major

• Players
  • 12304 battles
WG WANTS you to fret over numbers. You don't get it yet?  $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.  This game is totally designed (very clever) to make those who take video games very seriously... and WANT them to go bonkers if they feel they don't measure up.  AND the shills in the forums promote this.  True. 

Doomslinger #5 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:06

Major

• Players
  • 59699 battles
Just play the game and find the tanks you enjoy playing the most at whatever tier. No need to get your pantyhose in a knot over it...

PREDY4 #6 Posted May 20 2017 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2700 battles
  • [RDWS] RDWS

Just remember everyone... MM is not responsible for anyone's winrate.

It's the man in the mirror's fault.

dmckay #7 Posted May 20 2017 - 06:02

Major

• Players
  • 12304 battles

View PostPREDY4, on May 19 2017 - 22:14, said:

Just remember everyone... MM is not responsible for anyone's winrate.

It's the man in the mirror's fault.

But but.....pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!  Heh. 

Also tagged with matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users