Jump to content


Tanks.gg


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Cheesehead1964 #1 Posted May 22 2017 - 22:47

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17356 battles
  • 988
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017
I'm an idiot but can anyone explain the tank diagrams that show weak spots? What the colors mean etc.? I'm not seeing an explanation anywhere.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #2 Posted May 22 2017 - 22:50

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,696
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View PostCheesehead1964, on May 22 2017 - 14:47, said:

I'm an idiot but can anyone explain the tank diagrams that show weak spots? What the colors mean etc.? I'm not seeing an explanation anywhere.

 

http://tanks.gg/tank/fv215b/model        colors mostly mean the armor value of the zone

live view http://tanks.gg/tank...b/model?vm=live    color means how pennable it is with the tank's own gun  (red = no chance in hell,  green = easy,  yellow = maybe with rng, generally no,    white means nothing to hit(but there might be armor behind it))

oh and blue/purple is spaced armor 



RickPatton #3 Posted May 22 2017 - 23:04

    Captain

  • Players
  • 39943 battles
  • 1,477
  • [ANV] ANV
  • Member since:
    03-13-2014
Besides the color schematics, it will list the thickness.   

the_Deadly_Bulb #4 Posted May 23 2017 - 21:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 45406 battles
  • 6,832
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostRickPatton, on May 22 2017 - 14:04, said:

Besides the color schematics, it will list the thickness.

 

when you hover your mouse cursor over any portion of the 'collision model' (the coloured armour image) the thickness of that exact spot is displayed.

As you angle the image you also get the reflection chance of that shot and how it can dramatically change the armour effectiveness. This allows you to see how armour that is sloped can be dealt with by shooting down at it or up at it for example, and how effective side scraping can be


Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, May 23 2017 - 21:20.


Grasschopper #5 Posted May 24 2017 - 12:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 37774 battles
  • 4,296
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

In addition to what the others have said: If you're in a specific tank and you click the compare button it will bring up a list of tanks.

 

Spoiler

 

You can choose any tank from any tier...here I picked the Liberte.

 

Spoiler

 

Then when you go to the 3D model it will show you the chance to pen the first tank with the gun of the 2nd tank when you hover the cursor on the model.  Also the colored bar on the left indicates armor thickness.  While the one on the right shows spaced armor thickness.

 

Spoiler

 

Sorry for the huge images, I'm not a pro at cropping and resizing.



Cheesehead1964 #6 Posted May 24 2017 - 14:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17356 battles
  • 988
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017

View PostGrasschopper, on May 24 2017 - 12:33, said:

In addition to what the others have said: If you're in a specific tank and you click the compare button it will bring up a list of tanks.

 

Spoiler

 

You can choose any tank from any tier...here I picked the Liberte.

 

Spoiler

 

Then when you go to the 3D model it will show you the chance to pen the first tank with the gun of the 2nd tank when you hover the cursor on the model.  Also the colored bar on the left indicates armor thickness.  While the one on the right shows spaced armor thickness.

 

Spoiler

 

Sorry for the huge images, I'm not a pro at cropping and resizing.

 

Exactly what I'm looking for.

 

What do the colors in the 3D model represent?

 

 



Grasschopper #7 Posted May 24 2017 - 14:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 37774 battles
  • 4,296
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

View PostCheesehead1964, on May 24 2017 - 08:18, said:

 

Exactly what I'm looking for.

 

What do the colors in the 3D model represent?

 

 

 

Thought we had cleared that up.  Look at the color scale on the left and right sides of the screen.  Left side is armor thickness, green being the thinnest and red the thickest.  And on the right it's spaced armor with blue being the thinnest and purple the thickest.

Cheesehead1964 #8 Posted May 24 2017 - 14:24

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17356 battles
  • 988
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017

View PostGrasschopper, on May 24 2017 - 14:23, said:

 

Thought we had cleared that up.  Look at the color scale on the left and right sides of the screen.  Left side is armor thickness, green being the thinnest and red the thickest.  And on the right it's spaced armor with blue being the thinnest and purple the thickest.

 

Missed that. Sorry.

Cheesehead1964 #9 Posted May 24 2017 - 14:39

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17356 battles
  • 988
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017

Forgive me for being an idiot but the site is not super intuitive.

 

To get a comparison I:

- Select a tank

- Select Compare

- Select a tank

- Click 3D model

- Do i need to select Collision, Live, Visual, or Hybrid? Collision is default

 

It now shows the chance of pen (or collision?) for the FIRST tank selected. Is that right? That's what it shows in my case.

 

Also it's not showing the blue "Versus KV1" (or whatever) arrow like at the top of your screen shot. EDIT: NOW I AM SEEING THAT

 

Am  I missing steps?

 

 


Edited by Cheesehead1964, May 24 2017 - 14:40.


SuperTankDriver #10 Posted May 24 2017 - 14:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 20979 battles
  • 3,753
  • Member since:
    03-26-2012

View PostCheesehead1964, on May 24 2017 - 13:39, said:

Forgive me for being an idiot but the site is not super intuitive.

 

To get a comparison I:

- Select a tank

- Select Compare

- Select a tank

- Click 3D model

- Do i need to select Collision, Live, Visual, or Hybrid? Collision is default

 

It now shows the chance of pen (or collision?) for the FIRST tank selected. Is that right? That's what it shows in my case.

 

Also it's not showing the blue "Versus KV1" (or whatever) arrow like at the top of your screen shot. EDIT: NOW I AM SEEING THAT

 

Am  I missing steps?

 

 

 

You don't necessarily to do 3rd and 4th steps.

You can just click on 3D model and it will show you the values. It'll compare it to the gun of the tank you're using.


It'll show you the armor collision for whatever tank name is at the top in large font. 



Grasschopper #11 Posted May 24 2017 - 15:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 37774 battles
  • 4,296
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

View PostCheesehead1964, on May 24 2017 - 08:39, said:

Forgive me for being an idiot but the site is not super intuitive.

 

To get a comparison I:

- Select a tank

- Select Compare

- Select a tank

- Click 3D model

- Do i need to select Collision, Live, Visual, or Hybrid? Collision is default

 

It now shows the chance of pen (or collision?) for the FIRST tank selected. Is that right? That's what it shows in my case.

 

Also it's not showing the blue "Versus KV1" (or whatever) arrow like at the top of your screen shot. EDIT: NOW I AM SEEING THAT

 

Am  I missing steps?

 

 

 

View PostSuperTankDriver, on May 24 2017 - 08:55, said:

 

You don't necessarily to do 3rd and 4th steps.

You can just click on 3D model and it will show you the values. It'll compare it to the gun of the tank you're using.


It'll show you the armor collision for whatever tank name is at the top in large font. 

 

Right... what he said.  What I'll say is just play with it and find what works for you.  The "Live" version will change the colors to show you your chance of penning.  The armor value is no longer the color...it's now chance to pen with green being a probably, yellow more of a maybe and red being nope.

Cheesehead1964 #12 Posted May 24 2017 - 15:01

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17356 battles
  • 988
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017

View PostSuperTankDriver, on May 24 2017 - 14:55, said:

 

You don't necessarily to do 3rd and 4th steps.

You can just click on 3D model and it will show you the values. It'll compare it to the gun of the tank you're using.


It'll show you the armor collision for whatever tank name is at the top in large font. 

 

What does "Collision" versus "Live" mean? I'm visualizing collision as colliding with a tank, but it's gun pen chance, right? I know. I'm a bit slow. LOL

scyorkie #13 Posted May 24 2017 - 15:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 75117 battles
  • 3,848
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

In the 3D view, "compare" is for you to understand the chances of penning one tank with another.

 

Say the tank in 3D is the Maus. You want to see how good the armor is against an E100. You click compare and select the E100. You can also select the gun the E100 will mount, as well as the ammo type used.

 

If you don't pick a tank to compare, then the default comparison is between the Maus armor, and another Maus shooting at it.

 

Edit: NVM already explained by others above. I should read the entire thread when on mobile heh.



Cheesehead1964 #14 Posted May 24 2017 - 15:06

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 17356 battles
  • 988
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    01-28-2017
Cool as heck! Thank you!

Grasschopper #15 Posted May 24 2017 - 15:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 37774 battles
  • 4,296
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    08-24-2014

View PostCheesehead1964, on May 24 2017 - 09:01, said:

 

What does "Collision" versus "Live" mean? I'm visualizing collision as colliding with a tank, but it's gun pen chance, right? I know. I'm a bit slow. LOL

 

In Collision the colors represent armor thickness.  In Live the colors represent chance to pen.

scyorkie #16 Posted May 24 2017 - 15:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 75117 battles
  • 3,848
  • Member since:
    10-26-2011

Collision is just base thickness.

Live is thickness from your perspective. It updates the colors as you rotate the tank.



SuperTankDriver #17 Posted May 24 2017 - 17:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 20979 battles
  • 3,753
  • Member since:
    03-26-2012

View PostCheesehead1964, on May 24 2017 - 14:01, said:

 

What does "Collision" versus "Live" mean? I'm visualizing collision as colliding with a tank, but it's gun pen chance, right? I know. I'm a bit slow. LOL

 

Collision is basically the base thickness. If you were sitting completely in front of a tank and shooting.

 

Live updates as you move the camera around. Say, you want to know if your armor is tough enough when angled, so you click on "live", and then you turn the camera around until you find the angle. You will notice how the color changes. 

 

 

An additional tip:

Use the little circle at the bottom left corner to move the turret and gun around. Going towards the edge of circle (towards the outside, further away from the center) elevates the gun, going towards the center makes the gun go down. You can also point left and right, etc. 

 

 

Also, nobody here minds the pace of your learning, as long as you're constructive and don't complain (which I see you aren't, good job), everyone will be willing to help you.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users