Jump to content


The End, I guess?


  • Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

_Tsavo_ #1 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:21

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44445 battles
  • 18,759
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

*
POPULAR

As we all know, there's a buncha hoopla goin' on out there regarding a certain member of EUs community and censorship and heavy handed shenanigans.

 

 

So there's a few ways this can be dealt with and many of the options I've seen is "close your wallet" which is a neat option but accomplishes absolutely nothing if you keep playing the game.  All multiplayer games need some sort of player population to operate.  Even free to play games, they count on a certain number of free players and are bolstered by the percentage who actually pay.  Some pay a fair bit for their enjoyment, some pay a starter bundle and never look back.

 

So while voicing your opinion about never spending money is a-ok, it is negated by simply playing the game.  Want to show your displeasure?  Walk away from it all.  Let them know why, but don't continue to make use of their product.

 

 

 

I've enjoyed the game quite a bit, made some awesome friends who I now play other games with.  It's been awesome and fantastic and, really, some epic content has come around recently that I am really interested in and want to see go live.  The game has grown so much from the early days and the meta was almost always changing.  New tanks, new maps, less maps, new challenges and modes, something new to keep a player going.  Hell, 35,000 games spent *mostly* having fun.  There's been rage moments and moments where I needed to take a break from overload, but after this weekend and how crystal clear it is how the players are viewed, it's time to pack it up and go.

 

 

I don't think censorship or threats are something one should abide by.  I'd like to keep playing this game, but simply playing it is supporting it and I cannot support how the company as a whole has chosen to handle things.

 

If things change, I may return.  As it stands, lots of players are noticing how things are going and deciding that support isn't something they can give.  To me, support is playing the game.  So I'm going to no longer play.

 

 

Have fun out there, dooders!  

 

-Tsavooooo

 

 

Those who keep playing, have fun and enjoy it and good luck!



imbored4170 #2 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:24

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 24635 battles
  • 155
  • [CHIMP] CHIMP
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
This game is trash.

Suicidal_Enemy #3 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:24

    Captain

  • Players
  • 50033 battles
  • 1,535
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013

I'm right behind you,

 

after my 325 days of prem time expire!



Strike_Witch_Tomoko #4 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:25

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,518
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Post_Tsavo, on May 22 2017 - 19:21, said:

As we all know, there's a buncha hoopla goin' on out there regarding a certain member of EUs community and censorship and heavy handed shenanigans.

 

 

So there's a few ways this can be dealt with and many of the options I've seen is "close your wallet" which is a neat option but accomplishes absolutely nothing if you keep playing the game.  All multiplayer games need some sort of player population to operate.  Even free to play games, they count on a certain number of free players and are bolstered by the percentage who actually pay.  Some pay a fair bit for their enjoyment, some pay a starter bundle and never look back.

 

So while voicing your opinion about never spending money is a-ok, it is negated by simply playing the game.  Want to show your displeasure?  Walk away from it all.  Let them know why, but don't continue to make use of their product.

 

 

 

I've enjoyed the game quite a bit, made some awesome friends who I now play other games with.  It's been awesome and fantastic and, really, some epic content has come around recently that I am really interested in and want to see go live.  The game has grown so much from the early days and the meta was almost always changing.  New tanks, new maps, less maps, new challenges and modes, something new to keep a player going.  Hell, 35,000 games spent *mostly* having fun.  There's been rage moments and moments where I needed to take a break from overload, but after this weekend and how crystal clear it is how the players are viewed, it's time to pack it up and go.

 

 

I don't think censorship or threats are something one should abide by.  I'd like to keep playing this game, but simply playing it is supporting it and I cannot support how the company as a whole has chosen to handle things.

 

If things change, I may return.  As it stands, lots of players are noticing how things are going and deciding that support isn't something they can give.  To me, support is playing the game.  So I'm going to no longer play.

 

 

Have fun out there, dooders!  

 

-Tsavooooo

 

 

Those who keep playing, have fun and enjoy it and good luck!

 

i told you don't leave me Dx

 

*hides in your backpack*



_Tsavo_ #5 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:25

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44445 battles
  • 18,759
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostSuicidal_Enemy, on May 22 2017 - 21:24, said:

I'm right behind you,

 

after my 325 days of prem time expire!

 

mine expired yesterday, but I haven't played in a week (due to outside cricumstances involving water leaks and a PC) and it seems like it'll be a long while longer before I play again

FluffyBadBad #6 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 29142 battles
  • 1,779
  • Member since:
    10-21-2011
see you in a week or two.

Weslinator #7 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:27

    Captain

  • Players
  • 8220 battles
  • 1,030
  • Member since:
    10-20-2013

Block Quote

 

 

So there's a few ways this can be dealt with and many of the options I've seen is "close your wallet" which is a neat option but accomplishes absolutely nothing if you keep playing the game.  All multiplayer games need some sort of player population to operate.  Even free to play games, they count on a certain number of free players and are bolstered by the percentage who actually pay.  Some pay a fair bit for their enjoyment, some pay a starter bundle and never look back.

 

 Paid $33 on this game, not spending anymore. I am still playing the game because I like it. I just put my money elsewhere, maybe as some of you know for a truck and maybe repairs. Don't leave, there. Maybe you will start liking it again. hopefully

Spoiler

 


Edited by Weslinator, May 23 2017 - 03:28.


Gothraul #8 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 2162 battles
  • 5,241
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Depending how things go over the next couple of days will determine if this game will have a chance at surviving even for just another couple of years or not. If WG decides to make it worse I give six months to a year before they decide to give out six month notices on NA. Once RU gets word of this the crap will hit the fan as they got a Lot more people on youtube than the other servers combined.

_Tsavo_ #9 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:27

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44445 battles
  • 18,759
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 22 2017 - 21:25, said:

 

i told you don't leave me Dx

 

*hides in your backpack*

 

You've got me on steam, so it's no bigggie ;)

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #10 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,518
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Post_Tsavo, on May 22 2017 - 19:27, said:

 

You've got me on steam, so it's no bigggie ;)

 

oh right =D

*still refuses to leave backpack*



_Tsavo_ #11 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:28

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44445 battles
  • 18,759
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on May 22 2017 - 21:28, said:

 

oh right =D

*still refuses to leave backpack*

 

It's a level 5 "Backpack of Holding" so I'll hardly notice.

otacon237 #12 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 25222 battles
  • 4,370
  • Member since:
    01-08-2012
I've been exploring my steam backlog and there's some really cool games out there! WOT really is cancer, it keeps you from enjoying life

Damiler_Katrepuesto #13 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 6798 battles
  • 366
  • [RA_GE] RA_GE
  • Member since:
    03-30-2012
It's already been a year for me, and it only gets worse.

Avalon304 #14 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 21350 battles
  • 9,134
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    09-04-2012

View Post_Tsavo, on May 22 2017 - 18:21, said:

As we all know, there's a buncha hoopla goin' on out there regarding a certain member of EUs community and censorship and heavy handed shenanigans.

 

 

So there's a few ways this can be dealt with and many of the options I've seen is "close your wallet" which is a neat option but accomplishes absolutely nothing if you keep playing the game.  All multiplayer games need some sort of player population to operate.  Even free to play games, they count on a certain number of free players and are bolstered by the percentage who actually pay.  Some pay a fair bit for their enjoyment, some pay a starter bundle and never look back.

 

So while voicing your opinion about never spending money is a-ok, it is negated by simply playing the game.  Want to show your displeasure?  Walk away from it all.  Let them know why, but don't continue to make use of their product.

 

 

 

I've enjoyed the game quite a bit, made some awesome friends who I now play other games with.  It's been awesome and fantastic and, really, some epic content has come around recently that I am really interested in and want to see go live.  The game has grown so much from the early days and the meta was almost always changing.  New tanks, new maps, less maps, new challenges and modes, something new to keep a player going.  Hell, 35,000 games spent *mostly* having fun.  There's been rage moments and moments where I needed to take a break from overload, but after this weekend and how crystal clear it is how the players are viewed, it's time to pack it up and go.

 

 

I don't think censorship or threats are something one should abide by.  I'd like to keep playing this game, but simply playing it is supporting it and I cannot support how the company as a whole has chosen to handle things.

 

If things change, I may return.  As it stands, lots of players are noticing how things are going and deciding that support isn't something they can give.  To me, support is playing the game.  So I'm going to no longer play.

 

 

Have fun out there, dooders!  

 

-Tsavooooo

 

 

Those who keep playing, have fun and enjoy it and good luck!

 

Oh no more people overreacting. Jesus....

Kenshin2kx #15 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:30

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 18111 battles
  • 6,214
  • Member since:
    07-20-2014
... well take a 'break' then .. and see what is to become of WoT ...As the saying goes, its always darkest before the dawn ... and WoT has bean  through a lot recently ... see what a new day brings.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #16 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 15574 battles
  • 12,518
  • Member since:
    05-04-2013

View Post_Tsavo, on May 22 2017 - 19:28, said:

 

It's a level 5 "Backpack of Holding" so I'll hardly notice.

 

did you call me fat? <.<

CavScout19D #17 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 24434 battles
  • 4,773
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011
Folks doing something on principle don't need to advertise for pats-on-the-back. 

_Tsavo_ #18 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 44445 battles
  • 18,759
  • [BRVE] BRVE
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011

View PostAvalon304, on May 22 2017 - 21:29, said:

 

Oh no more people overreacting. Jesus....

 

I mean, I gave it a few days to see what is what, but given my declining interest, seems like it's a fine time to try something new.

 

Come play PUBG with me D:

 

Or COH/COH2



HowitzerBlitzer #19 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 14996 battles
  • 7,833
  • Member since:
    06-16-2013

I'll miss ya, fun seeing your posts on here.

 

Bye till then.



Striker_70 #20 Posted May 23 2017 - 03:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 19683 battles
  • 6,537
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

I'm literally flailing around screaming with rage!

 

Or, I'm not.  I guess I'm the type that doesn't rely on emotions to make my decisions, but logic.  Silly me.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users