Why the ability to lock onto a target that isn’t highlighted, is illegal? It should be part of the g...

fair_play

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

chambax #1 Posted May 23 2017 - 15:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 14117 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
After reading https://www.reddit.c...stions_answers/, cause if you read https://worldoftanks...forbidden-mods/ is not clear, I found that the autoaim+ mod is ilegal to use, why? the current target acquisition for the autoaim is garbage, I play a lot as a light tank, I need to get the autoaim as fast as possible and start to run in many many situation, is unnecessarily hard to get the target in the current vanilla autoaim, I dont want any superior autoaim that leads the target, or aims for the weakspots, I just want to target a given tank with vanilla autoaim, but again seems that devs are not really into fast tanks, because I can recall many situation where I wish I could had autoaim more easily so I can drive a way from the danger. I don't get why this improvement that is what is it is ilegal, it should be part of the game from years now.

BTW reddit is the official channel for communication or the forum or the blog? I cant read all of them, so you WG should be way more clear about how and where you communicate things that could end in a player ban.

sry for my engrish, have a good one people.

ArmorStorm #2 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:02

Major

• Players
  • 33034 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

The old autoaim+ was too good and gave a huge advantage in "snapping" onto targets that were behind buildings and such.  The current version where you can click and have a couple of seconds to highlight your target is better for the game, but probably shouldn't be allowed either.  

What communication there is won't be officially released to outside sources first, it will come through WG sources.

Nudnick #3 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 21761 battles
I'd like them to drop auto aim completely.

F0R_M07H3R_RU5514 #4 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:09

Major

• Players
  • 45665 battles

In order to engage the auto-aim mechanic.  The target must be highlighted by the aim reticle.  A modification which permits the player to engage auto-aim without actually placing the aim reticle on the target vehicle, provides a distinct advantage over vanilla.

A work around, which the originator of the mod, has implemented, is to provide a time window for the reticle to be placed on the target.  The integrity of the original mechanic is maintained, while providing flexibility for folks who have trouble with left-click while simultaneously keeping the aim reticle on a target.  Personally, I struggle with this from time to time as my hands will shake ... getting old and repetitive stress, a result of factory work from days gone by, isn't much fun, let me tell ya.

ISNomads #5 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 29680 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
It may be annoying but it is equal hazard. Auto aim lock does need to be fixed. Auto aim should never lock onto something you cannot see.

Nunya_000 #6 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:16

Major

• Players
  • 20726 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postchambax, on May 23 2017 - 06:55, said:

After reading https://www.reddit.c...stions_answers/, cause if you read https://worldoftanks...forbidden-mods/ is not clear, I found that the autoaim+ mod is ilegal to use, why? the current target acquisition for the autoaim is garbage, I play a lot as a light tank, I need to get the autoaim as fast as possible and start to run in many many situation, is unnecessarily hard to get the target in the current vanilla autoaim, I dont want any superior autoaim that leads the target, or aims for the weakspots, I just want to target a given tank with vanilla autoaim, but again seems that devs are not really into fast tanks, because I can recall many situation where I wish I could had autoaim more easily so I can drive a way from the danger. I don't get why this improvement that is what is it is ilegal, it should be part of the game from years now.

BTW reddit is the official channel for communication or the forum or the blog? I cant read all of them, so you WG should be way more clear about how and where you communicate things that could end in a player ban.

sry for my engrish, have a good one people.

I would like all of my shots to hit the target even if the barrel of my gun is not pointing at the red tank.....so what is your point?

Gothraul #7 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 1537 battles
Here I am having to do it all manually because for some reason or another auto aim doesn't want to work. Not hard to learn but it is super annoying to play something that can't use a vstab or something that is somewhat old meta handling wise while everything else gets to hover around snapping everything with gold apcr and cHeat.

Bronco2219 #8 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20908 battles
  • [69CBR] 69CBR
There was no Auto aim in the tanks of the day. and it should not be in game either! Tank like a man and target and aim on your own.

Pipinghot #9 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:23

Major

• Players
  • 25838 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostNunya_000, on May 23 2017 - 10:16, said:

I would like all of my shots to hit the target even if the barrel of my gun is not pointing at the red tank.....so what is your point?

That really misses the point, you should not have your gun already on the target in order to engage auto-aim, you should be able to right-click on a tank anywhere on your screen and have the gun turn and lock on that target, which is basically the same as the commander telling the gunner, "lock on to that tank".

For the purposes of game play auto-aim should not lead a target, it should not anticipate a target, but it should actually automatically aim at a target even if you don't currently have that target highlighted.

moogleslam #10 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:36

Major

• Players
  • 30241 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Oh geez, this argument again.  This has been covered extensively in multiple topics.  I miss my autoaim+.  It was a really useful tool that should have been part of vanilla, and.... ugh, no, can't go over it all this again :P

chambax #11 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 14117 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View PostPipinghot, on May 23 2017 - 12:23, said:

That really misses the point, you should not have your gun already on the target in order to engage auto-aim, you should be able to right-click on a tank anywhere on your screen and have the gun turn and lock on that target, which is basically the same as the commander telling the gunner, "lock on to that tank".

For the purposes of game play auto-aim should not lead a target, it should not anticipate a target, but it should actually automatically aim at a target even if you don't currently have that target highlighted.

yup, that's my point, u are just telling the auto gunner (that is already available in game) to shoot at a given target. Why I need to highlight the target? If I already know what I want to do, i just the mechanism today to order that is not efficient when u are in a hurry..

ISNomads #12 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:42

Major

• Players
  • 29680 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO

View PostBronco2219, on May 23 2017 - 07:22, said:

There was no Auto aim in the tanks of the day. and it should not be in game either! Tank like a man and target and aim on your own.

Yeah! Simulators should be like reality! No more magic repair kits; all repairs should take at least an hour! No more resurrection kits; if your commander is dead, he should stay that way!

Nunya_000 #13 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:43

Major

• Players
  • 20726 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostPipinghot, on May 23 2017 - 07:23, said:

.....you should not have your gun already on the target in order to engage auto-aim, ....

:trollface:

Guido1212 #14 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 72872 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Remove auto aim, it has no place in a PvP game.

the_dude_76 #15 Posted May 23 2017 - 16:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30494 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostBronco2219, on May 23 2017 - 15:22, said:

Right, the "tanks of the day" also typically had 4-5 crew members so the guy trying to drive the tank didn't also have to aim and fire the gun. Maybe if you weren't so focused on tanking "like a man" you'd be able to actually win a few of your matches...

Gurgar #16 Posted May 23 2017 - 17:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27568 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View Postthe_dude_76, on May 23 2017 - 16:59, said:

Right, the "tanks of the day" also typically had 4-5 crew members so the guy trying to drive the tank didn't also have to aim and fire the gun. Maybe if you weren't so focused on tanking "like a man" you'd be able to actually win a few of your matches...

LOL, now that is funny.

People have to remember this is an arcade style game and you not playing an actual historical version on the tanks. Due to the limited view of the gunner and driver, a TC will manual override and call the target, or call the target to start cranking the turret too. Simply put, the gunner doesn't see that well. His scope is great but the limited peripheral view sucks. 

All this would make this game unplayable and would crap all over the fun factor.

Kliphie #17 Posted May 23 2017 - 17:20

Captain

• Players
  • 28381 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBronco2219, on May 23 2017 - 10:22, said:

Yeah!!! And give the King Tiger the 2,000 HP it had in real life, not the paltry 1,600 they give it in game!

Apache1990 #18 Posted May 23 2017 - 18:37

Major

• Players
  • 33134 battles
  • [ATKRE] ATKRE

View PostBronco2219, on May 23 2017 - 10:22, said:

They didn't have perfect ballistic computers calculating elevation angles either, but here we are.  A lot of work is handled by the game even if you're not auto-aiming.

Panman69 #19 Posted May 23 2017 - 21:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31746 battles

View PostISNomads, on May 23 2017 - 15:42, said:

Yeah! Simulators should be like reality! No more magic repair kits; all repairs should take at least an hour! No more resurrection kits; if your commander is dead, he should stay that way!

And, if your track gets blown off, your crew should have to run out of the tank to fix it.

So, when the next shot hits your tank, body parts fly though the air. Your crew, those still alive at least, are screaming in agony.

One of them is on fire. Someone put him out! MY GOD, DOESN'T ANYONE HAVE A FIRE EXTINQUISHER?

Krychek #20 Posted May 23 2017 - 22:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17709 battles
Auto aim should never have been added to the game in the first place. Let alone mods that make it more efficient. In my opinion, the ONLY excuse for auto aim, is through the use of light tanks. All other tanks should HAVE TO AIM manually. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users