Statement about the SirFoch incident

• Please log in to reply
295 replies to this topic

Finnegan_Gromyko #281 Posted May 29 2017 - 21:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8277 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

That last was a long post ... but I definitely agree most players want an answer to the gong show at Tier 8, not just an apology about the treatment of Sir Foch. 

Foch was absolutely right in saying the Tier 8 Premiums are OP. I am moving completely out of Tier 8 play when possible and will try to play Tiers 9 and 10 due to the imbalance at Tier 8, which also affects tiers 7 and 6. 

Fixing the problem is going to be very difficult, but I think the one thing WG can do is take all these tanks off the store, such as the Patriot, Defender, Chrysler, and Lorraine 40T, among others. 

Nerfing isn't an option if people pay cash for a tank, and buffing all the other Tier 8 tanks will have a ripple effect that impacts the entire game from Tier 6 to 10. 

I will grind through T8 as fast as I can, sell those tanks and focus on 9 and 10, so I can just enjoy killing these P2W Premiums. 

But, if it keeps up like this, I would consider quitting. My platoon mates and I are, for the first time, discussing moving on to a different game.

Davidinlv #282 Posted May 29 2017 - 22:49

Private

• -Players-
  • 7266 battles
  • [V-E-T] V-E-T

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on May 29 2017 - 21:57, said:

That last was a long post ... but I definitely agree most players want an answer to the gong show at Tier 8, not just an apology about the treatment of Sir Foch. 

Foch was absolutely right in saying the Tier 8 Premiums are OP. I am moving completely out of Tier 8 play when possible and will try to play Tiers 9 and 10 due to the imbalance at Tier 8, which also affects tiers 7 and 6. 

Fixing the problem is going to be very difficult, but I think the one thing WG can do is take all these tanks off the store, such as the Patriot, Defender, Chrysler, and Lorraine 40T, among others. 

Nerfing isn't an option if people pay cash for a tank, and buffing all the other Tier 8 tanks will have a ripple effect that impacts the entire game from Tier 6 to 10. 

I will grind through T8 as fast as I can, sell those tanks and focus on 9 and 10, so I can just enjoy killing these P2W Premiums. 

But, if it keeps up like this, I would consider quitting. My platoon mates and I are, for the first time, discussing moving on to a different game.

Sorry it was a long post lol. I have moved on, I'm on warships now cause the economy isn't trash and matchmaking is great and there are no stat padders or seal clubbers making the game [edited], not to mention the premium ships are just as good as any other ship. I'll get on Tanks every now and then to stay up to date on the changes but I'm done pouring money into a game that only cares about their fat wallets and not the [edited]state the game is coming to

NitroLauncher717 #283 Posted May 30 2017 - 01:26

Captain

• Players
  • 15675 battles

View PostCrazySOB187, on May 23 2017 - 12:05, said:

View PostThumper_E23, on May 23 2017 - 12:03, said:

My impression of this is Jim Sterling in doing research probably contacted Wargaming NA, which is a smart move for an official statement.  My impression is that War Gamming EU and War Gamming NA are different business units and run separately.  My impression is that PR of NA was not on board or not up to date with what was done by EU and they jumped to protect the Company as a whole and gave one of those blanket "Protect the Shield" statements, and had the opposite affect by pouring gasoline on the fire.  Instead of saying we're the NA branch and not involved directly, let us contact our EU office and give you the correct Company Wide standard on this manner.  Unfortunately Cypress had to get involved, when cool heads and logic could have kept it to a dull roar.

Jim's how I even knew this'd happened (this wasn't a thing I noticed on the WoWS forums)

Being familiar with WG's policies towards players (As a player) It's easy to see why people jump to "Why did this happen" when they're unfamiliar. We as players are more than aware the servers don't really interact with each other, and business policy around the globe it to "protect the shield" when you don't know what's going on. It's just safe practice rather than rebuke another branch and find out your side IS wrong. Staying silent was obviously a better choice, but if there was someone high enough saying "Hey, we need to address this" It really can't be the staff's fault.

However, yes. Threatening the use of misusing Copyright infringement is definitely something someone needs to be fired for. Not making the CC program rules clear? Oversight. Thinking you were acting in the companies best interests? An accident. Standing your ground on it? Company policy. NA Server rushing to defend another server? Protected interests.

But Youtube has enough issues without someone ​deliberately misusing Copyright strikes, and admitting they will go to that extent just to prove a point. 

It's good the company issued an apology, but it's a shame it happened in the first place. Negative press isn't always good, especially when there isn't a whole lot of press about WG to begin with. (That I've seen, but I've got my head in the sand regularly anyway so YMMV)

Hocest #284 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 12:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22518 battles
  • [CUZ] CUZ
........... went to 'planes', that's how bad it is !

TheBattleMaster8 #285 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 17:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 11848 battles
  • [R3TRO] R3TRO

View PostFinnegan_Gromyko, on May 29 2017 - 21:57, said:

I promise it wont get any better. They will always continue to mistreat their playerbase. 

AGK47 #286 Posted Jun 14 2017 - 16:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26512 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostGiggMaster, on May 23 2017 - 11:59, said:

I have only one comment about this thing.

Copyright should be used as a SHIELD, not a GUN.

I know NA and EU are independent entities and I know the whole crap happened in the EU space - NA is feeling the consequences now so all I hope is to see Mr Cohen giving clearly directions about it to his NA team.

Best,

Said it better than I could have. The point of a copyright is to defend against theft of credit and property, not to be used against a perceived insult. 

View PostMad_Dog_Seabee, on May 23 2017 - 12:15, said:

#BanSirFoch

Why exactly? I've seen you dislike him, but you don't seem to have any good reasons. He simply stated his opinion and exercised his right to create content as he wishes, and you think WG should ban him for it? You might want to devote more time to reading, it may bring your intelligence and persuasive abilities up to par with an average person so you can properly carry an argument or learn that some arguments shouldn't be made. 

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 23 2017 - 12:01, said:

...also,

WG was polite to Frosch in the correspondence and Frosh (sp? don't care) acted like a spoiled child who needs a spanking.

Give the WG employee a raise and promotion.

YMMV

(yeah, I'm in a mood - out of coffee)

It's not about whether or not the employee's conduct was polite, it's about whether or not what he did was right or quite frankly legal. He was threatening to misuse a system to shut down the opinion of the opposition, and while I'm not saying he should be fired, I think that he's completely unfit for a promotion, and I would argue, possibly unfit for his current role. Maybe he had a bad day and we're just seeing him in the wrong light, but this doesn't give me confidence. 

It also doesn't matter if Foch was polite or not; he was threatened incorrectly and his name was slandered. Naturally one in this situation may become defensive or impolite. You may also wish to take up reading as well. Maybe you will give better opinions. 

I'm disappointed in the whole situation Wargaming. I was strongly considering buying a Chrysler K, but now I don't believe that would be a safe bet or necessarily a good choice. 

McPig #287 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 23:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 31016 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

Lets see.  I see your copyright infringement, and I raise you a slander and libel action!!!

OJO #288 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 10:51

Private

• Players
  • 1521 battles
  • [7PDW] 7PDW
For what you want to ban SirFoch..using the wrong words? Ok, it wasn`t really gently, but he is completly right! Since the last 5 updates, wot become a pay-to-win game. If you doesn`t buy one of the [edited]premtanks and use goldammo, you can do nothing with it. If you play against this tanks you have to use goldammo to penetrate them (at the same tier). So, SirFoch only say, what`s going on. It is the wrong way!

Ho_ng_V__marksman #289 Posted Jul 10 2017 - 00:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Hello everyone I am a new member of the forum, very interested in exchanging my limited knowledge with everyone in the forum. I would love to be friends with people. Thank you

ImaKillYou #290 Posted Jul 10 2017 - 01:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23006 battles
  • [-GENT] -GENT

View PostHo_ng_V__marksman, on Jul 09 2017 - 16:55, said:

Hello everyone I am a new member of the forum, very interested in exchanging my limited knowledge with everyone in the forum. I would love to be friends with people. Thank you

Rly? gotta plop your post on the tail of a necro post instead of just starting one?

KGBNinja #291 Posted Jul 10 2017 - 04:36

Captain

• Players
  • 5784 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

View PostImaKillYou, on Jul 09 2017 - 18:06, said:

Rly? gotta plop your post on the tail of a necro post instead of just starting one?

He's probably confused?

ExistentialCrisis_ #292 Posted Jul 10 2017 - 05:25

Private

• Players
  • 40562 battles

:hiding:

J_Raven_F #293 Posted Aug 01 2017 - 03:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 16764 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

pathetic

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #294 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 18:57

Captain

• Players
  • 35655 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View Post310thCopperhead, on May 23 2017 - 13:07, said:

Who the Hell is this SirFoch looser anyway. never heard of him.

So his opinion mean dip Shizzle to me. Another cray baby who either is too cheap or to broke to

support this game by being financially responsible instead of being a f0ching leech off the paying players that keep this game alive.

Now he and his freeloading companions will cry and whine till they get yet ANOTHER American tank nerfed to non  existence.

Cause you know it's American right so it can't be better than something else. Always the problem with Eurotrash like this.....they

hate us cause they ain't us. Jealousy and absolute hypocrisy are all this clown is about. He cant figure out how to beat the K so he goes on

a propaganda rant to get it nef'd.

hey SirCheapASS. take a long walk off a short pier [edited].

Seriously what an... ID10T error  this guy is. yet this diatribe can stay up

vesuviantitan #295 Posted Today, 10:51 AM

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15165 battles
  • [GFTD] GFTD
I agree with the stance WG has taken. As for foch he deserves to be drug out into the street and pummeled with rotten eggs!. He's attacked players and had his followers attack player in game to team kill and harass in game. I will love never seeing him again his kind are poison to a community his videos are clear representations of that. 

Zeedox #296 Posted Today, 11:19 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16218 battles
  • [TESTY] TESTY

View Postvesuviantitan, on Aug 21 2017 - 05:51, said:

....blah, blah, blah......

Keep on shillin................:child:

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users