Jump to content


Can I use a xbox controller?


  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

libarykeeper483 #1 Posted May 24 2017 - 16:02

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
I play wot on xbox one and love controller controls and this summer im getting a good pc and playing this version too but I don't want to use the keyboard. 

MacDaddyMatty #2 Posted May 24 2017 - 16:23

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31886 battles
  • 6,925
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

I use this:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/Steam_Controller/

and keep the keyboard on my lap for typing and etc.


 

I believe you can buy a usb X-Box controller.


 


 

So yes.

But the mouse is much more surgical than the controller.



razzi123 #3 Posted May 24 2017 - 16:30

    Major

  • Players
  • 28956 battles
  • 3,790
  • Member since:
    12-13-2011

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 24 2017 - 10:02, said:

I play wot on xbox one and love controller controls and this summer im getting a good pc and playing this version too but I don't want to use the keyboard. 

 

 

In all seriousness.....you may like the controller, but the mouse and keyboard is much better for aiming....



Doomslinger #4 Posted May 24 2017 - 16:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 72273 battles
  • 5,767
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012
Using a controller to play WOT would be like trying to play checkers while wearing boxing gloves...why????

MacDaddyMatty #5 Posted May 24 2017 - 16:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31886 battles
  • 6,925
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostDoomslinger, on May 24 2017 - 10:43, said:

Using a controller to play WOT would be like trying to play checkers while wearing boxing gloves...why????

 

So I can lay on my sofa and play on my 55" TV.

My stats keep heading north, so its not that big of a dealio.



Silversound #6 Posted May 24 2017 - 17:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 39364 battles
  • 4,815
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

We don't use pleb tools here brother.

Etch a sketching is a bad way to play this game.

 

Why in the world would you ever want to do such a silly thing?

 

I have a Windows USB Xbox controller myself... BUT NOT FOR WOT!!



Mercer_Keel #7 Posted May 24 2017 - 17:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 39515 battles
  • 2,678
  • [LTD] LTD
  • Member since:
    02-12-2013

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 24 2017 - 07:02, said:

I play wot on xbox one and love controller controls and this summer im getting a good pc and playing this version too but I don't want to use the keyboard. 

 

would you use a toy steering wheel to drive a car?  why use a toy to drive your PC?

Da_Craw #8 Posted May 24 2017 - 17:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 27530 battles
  • 3,183
  • [DOG5] DOG5
  • Member since:
    05-30-2014
I found the game on the Xbox and tried to use the controller when I started on the PC since I was accustomed to it.  The mouse is just soooo much better for aiming.  It is both faster for large movements and more precise for fine aiming.  

libarykeeper483 #9 Posted May 24 2017 - 17:41

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
I like controller because of how close all the buttons are, Keeping my fingers squashed on the WASD keys is bothersome.

Silversound #10 Posted May 24 2017 - 18:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 39364 battles
  • 4,815
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011
Getting owned on the regular is far worse...

libarykeeper483 #11 Posted May 24 2017 - 18:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016
I have no problem aiming hitting tanks on the move is child's play for me + Controller is better for movement 

Doomslinger #12 Posted May 24 2017 - 18:28

    Major

  • Players
  • 72273 battles
  • 5,767
  • Member since:
    07-29-2012

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 24 2017 - 13:17, said:

I have no problem aiming hitting tanks on the move is child's play for me + Controller is better for movement 

 

Play 500 battles with your xbox controller then we will take a look at your performance record. I would place my bets on having below the average stats. Using an xbox controller for WOT would be like playing hockey with top of the line skates but using a broomstick for a hockeystick...not good.

Edited by Doomslinger, May 24 2017 - 18:30.


TomatoSauceHero #13 Posted May 24 2017 - 19:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 51309 battles
  • 3,421
  • [REBEL] REBEL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2011

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 24 2017 - 10:02, said:

I play wot on xbox one and love controller controls and this summer im getting a good pc and playing this version too but I don't want to use the keyboard. 

 

https://github.com/Ryochan7/antimicro

redjkent #14 Posted May 24 2017 - 20:14

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 96007 battles
  • 1,177
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
  • Member since:
    07-24-2014
theres a web site that has the software that allows you to play with a xbox controller on pc, i first started using it and my stats have gone up in the last 5 to 6 k games so some of us are better with a controller

Silversound #15 Posted May 24 2017 - 20:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 39364 battles
  • 4,815
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

So I looked at the players recommending the use of a controller as better....

45.48%, 44.95%, 48.24%

Trust me, you should listen to the other voices.

54.92%, 53.57%, 52.21%, 55.23%

 

I could also tell you the story about the time I tested a game for XBox.

 

Day one: I get owned and laughed at by the other testers because I don't use a controller well.

Day two: Devs set me up on with QWETRY and mouse.

I proceed to own the loudmouths over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

I put those kids to bed and shut down the test.

 

Trust me, you need to get good a WSAD.

Controllers are amateur at best.



MacDaddyMatty #16 Posted May 24 2017 - 20:45

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 31886 battles
  • 6,925
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

I always was keyboard+mouse.

Guyon Canal (think carpel tunnel) changed that.


 

I wouldn't change my Steam Controller for all the WN8 in Russia.

:)



ff8ff8 #17 Posted May 24 2017 - 20:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 18654 battles
  • 1,213
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    05-24-2012
If you want to be an active detriment to your teams, go on ahead.
Just understand that unlike using the controller on the xbox game, you will not have aim assist.

libarykeeper483 #18 Posted May 24 2017 - 20:59

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 0 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    04-02-2016

View PostSilversound, on May 24 2017 - 20:42, said:

So I looked at the players recommending the use of a controller as better....

45.48%, 44.95%, 48.24%

Trust me, you should listen to the other voices.

54.92%, 53.57%, 52.21%, 55.23%

 

I could also tell you the story about the time I tested a game for XBox.

 

Day one: I get owned and laughed at by the other testers because I don't use a controller well.

Day two: Devs set me up on with QWETRY and mouse.

I proceed to own the loudmouths over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

I put those kids to bed and shut down the test.

 

Trust me, you need to get good a WSAD.

Controllers are amateur at best.

I said it on the console forums and ill say it here, Those are just numbers and colors they mean little to nothing, Advice is advice and if its helpful I could care less if your blue,purple,yellow or red.Having selective hearing because of a Number and Color is just plain shallow.


Edited by libarykeeper483, May 24 2017 - 21:00.


Worland #19 Posted May 24 2017 - 21:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 16766 battles
  • 4,943
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
When World of Warplanes was introduced, I just plugged a Play Station controller into my PC, remapped the buttons, and had no issues playing Warplanes. Tanks, on the other hand, did not go as smoothly. I found it really hard to aim for weak spots with a controller. It wasn't long before I went back to a keyboard and mouse.

Silversound #20 Posted May 25 2017 - 00:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 39364 battles
  • 4,815
  • [-P-] -P-
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 24 2017 - 11:59, said:

I said it on the console forums and ill say it here, Those are just numbers and colors they mean little to nothing, Advice is advice and if its helpful I could care less if your blue,purple,yellow or red.Having selective hearing because of a Number and Color is just plain shallow.

 

Then you are pretty clueless.

 

Welcome to the stat deniers crowd...

 

It's math. Not rocket science.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users