Captain

• -Players-
  • 96503 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostSilversound, on May 24 2017 - 23:01, said:

Then you are pretty clueless.

Welcome to the stat deniers crowd...

It's math. Not rocket science.

good thing most of you stat blanks are leaving the game so people that just want to play and dont care about stats can play there game in piece

Doomslinger #22 Posted May 25 2017 - 02:58

Major

• Players
  • 72300 battles
Stats are basically a recording of how you have performed in your battles. You can look at them on a tank by tank basis if you don't like the overall ones. They will show how well you play the game with significant sample sizes for the data. I have learned in life that people lie but facts (in this case, your battle records) do not lie. It doesn't really matter what you say, if your numbers or record doesn't back up your claims, you lose credibility.

the_Deadly_Bulb #23 Posted May 25 2017 - 03:00

Major

• Players
  • 27654 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postredjkent, on May 24 2017 - 16:46, said:

good thing most of you stat blanks are leaving the game so people that just want to play and dont care about stats can play there game in piece

I have a question,. What exactly is a 'stat blank'? Is that someone who keeps track of their progress in the game to see if they're getting any better. Do you even understand the concept of competition? That's where you try to win. When you don't win you try harder. Sometimes you keep track so you can see if your efforts are paying off. That's called statistics. A lot of people who play games do this. Winning is kind of the point of competing/playing a game. Maybe WG should let people try out tanks in a TR before they actually get them, then the 'play for fun' gang could drive around all day and not have to worry about stats or fighting or all those post game pleasantries from their frustrated team mates.

Anyhow just wondering, really, what it is you mean. I don't see a ton of people leaving. A few snowflakes melt every week, but its not causing a flood as far as I can tell. I see far more players who can't seem to drag their stats out of the 'red zone' leave than I ever see from anyone approaching average, except when they lose interest.

Doomslinger #24 Posted May 25 2017 - 03:03

Major

• Players
  • 72300 battles

View Postredjkent, on May 24 2017 - 15:14, said:

theres a web site that has the software that allows you to play with a xbox controller on pc, i first started using it and my stats have gone up in the last 5 to 6 k games so some of us are better with a controller

This is like if a person started playing the game using their toes and said that they have improved at the game after thousands of battles. They play slightly less crappy than they did when they were new and inexperienced? Who would have thought that is even possible...I am mind blown...

Doomslinger #25 Posted May 25 2017 - 06:44

Major

• Players
  • 72300 battles

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 24 2017 - 15:59, said:

I said it on the console forums and ill say it here, Those are just numbers and colors they mean little to nothing, Advice is advice and if its helpful I could care less if your blue,purple,yellow or red.Having selective hearing because of a Number and Color is just plain shallow.

Advice is advice? So, if you had the local garbage collector give you advice on brain surgery, you would take that advice over a real doctor's advice? You are a few fries short of a happy meal or something....

libarykeeper483 #26 Posted May 25 2017 - 14:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on May 25 2017 - 06:44, said:

Advice is advice? So, if you had the local garbage collector give you advice on brain surgery, you would take that advice over a real doctor's advice? You are a few fries short of a happy meal or something....

Note how I typed the word Helpful Besides I've yet to experience the PC version of WOT and closing I'll use a controller and see how it goes and if it results in a crappy experience than I'll just have to get used to keyboard then.

MacDaddyMatty #27 Posted May 25 2017 - 15:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 32038 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I <3 my controller and my resents are green and climbing.

More importantly I HAVE FUN playing with the controller.

It is a game after all.

redjkent #28 Posted May 25 2017 - 17:00

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96503 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
well i play with a controller and dont care what any ones says its my right, if you dont like it too bad

Xx1Tommy1xX #29 Posted May 25 2017 - 17:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13294 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-
If controllers are your thing then the steam controller is way better than the Xbox controller...but then again...keyboard and mouse are better than the 2 of them.

Doomslinger #30 Posted May 25 2017 - 19:21

Major

• Players
  • 72300 battles
How would you aim with a controller and be effective on the PC version of the game? There is no aim assist on here like the console version.  Autoaim at every target? That is just bad. I have a usb xbox controller and use it for games like world of warplanes and other flying games and it works there. For WOT, the mouse seems to be the better way to aim compared to the controller. If you are set on using the controller, all I can say is good luck.

libarykeeper483 #31 Posted May 25 2017 - 19:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on May 25 2017 - 19:21, said:

How would you aim with a controller and be effective on the PC version of the game? There is no aim assist on here like the console version.  Autoaim at every target? That is just bad. I have a usb xbox controller and use it for games like world of warplanes and other flying games and it works there. For WOT, the mouse seems to be the better way to aim compared to the controller. If you are set on using the controller, all I can say is good luck.

Have you ever used a controller???

MacDaddyMatty #32 Posted May 25 2017 - 20:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 32038 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDoomslinger, on May 25 2017 - 13:21, said:

WoT Videos

Here are my videos. They are pretty short.

I'm using the steam controller in all of them.

I recommend starting with "3 month anniversary".

I didn't start using auto-aim till ~6 months playing - and then only when in a LT circling a MT/HT.

LMK what you think.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, May 25 2017 - 20:04.

redjkent #33 Posted May 25 2017 - 21:14

Captain

• -Players-
  • 96503 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View Postlibarykeeper483, on May 25 2017 - 18:34, said:

Have you ever used a controller???

i dont know why there complaining but people using controllers its easyer to use

Doomslinger #34 Posted May 26 2017 - 00:34

Major

• Players
  • 72300 battles

View Postredjkent, on May 25 2017 - 16:14, said:

i dont know why there complaining but people using controllers its easyer to use

Yep, because you win more than we do so it must be easier? Oh wait....

MacDaddyMatty #35 Posted May 30 2017 - 14:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 32038 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostDoomslinger, on May 25 2017 - 18:34, said:

Yep, because you win more than we do so it must be easier? Oh wait....

Yes, your purple e-peen is quite impressive.

;)

Having been a mouse/kbrd driver for my last 20+ years of gaming, and using the Steam Controller for the past 12 months on all my games - I'm having a TON more fun playing win or lose.

Isn't that the point?

I also do very well in tourneys and make a good amount of gold.

So, YMMV.

CozyCoffin #36 Posted Aug 28 2018 - 08:19

Corporal

• Players
  • 25501 battles

View Postredjkent, on May 25 2017 - 16:00, said:

well i play with a controller and dont care what any ones says its my right, if you dont like it too bad

how do you play with a controller could you tell me how on the PC?

MacDaddyMatty #37 Posted Aug 28 2018 - 13:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 32038 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCozyCoffin, on Aug 28 2018 - 02:19, said:

how do you play with a controller could you tell me how on the PC?

Thread necro!

(actually I enjoyed re-reading this).

What do you mean?

How as in the technical aspect of connecting and setting it up? or

How as in actual usage?

For the steam controller, you plug in the USB dongle (heh dongle) and then go to settings in WoT and assign buttons.

Most are defaulted correctly already.

For Xbox, I'm not sure as I don't have one (and could never used the sticks well at all - Steam Controller has touchpads with adjustable sensitivity). I believe you plug it in and then... I don't know. Might work as above, might need to DL some software.

For usage (steam controller), my set up is

R trigger = fire

L trigger = reload

R bumper = hand brake

L bumper = Crtl key

R thumb pad = mouse camera. Also press = sniper

L thumb pad = mouse scroll wheel. Also N press = #4, S press = #5, E press = #1 W press = #2, center press = #3

4 buttons = space bar, +, -,

R pinky = auto aim

L pinky = unlock AA

Everything else (chat + commands) is done with the wireless Kbrd on my lap.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 28 2018 - 13:05.

_Steel_Casket_ #38 Posted Nov 14 2018 - 23:03

Captain

• Players
  • 88865 battles
  • [T_U_C] T_U_C
Not on the PC version

whitetiger2695 #39 Posted Sep 11 2019 - 16:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 10441 battles
  • [SBM] SBM

View PostDoomslinger, on May 24 2017 - 19:58, said:

Stats are basically a recording of how you have performed in your battles. You can look at them on a tank by tank basis if you don't like the overall ones. They will show how well you play the game with significant sample sizes for the data. I have learned in life that people lie but facts (in this case, your battle records) do not lie. It doesn't really matter what you say, if your numbers or record doesn't back up your claims, you lose credibility.

i agree that the stats do matter but not the win8, sorry man i dont see how a stat that is team based shows how good you as an individual are. People get shart teams it happens sadly alot. Damage output xp earned hit% etc those stats show the individuals skill. Win rate will always be affected by team which is great if you clan war, and run in platoons alot 3 tanks can wipe out a whole team if played right after all but.... theres some of us that play alot solo, might not have the time for a clan let alone clan wars etc. Not flaming and i definitely know this topic is old as heck but i think people need to start looking at things like this logically, even old XVM doesn't account for the actual individual because everyone thinks win rate matters sooooo much. personally i would rather have a guy that can put out numbers by the shell ton rather than someone that sits plays it safe and secures a solid "win rate". When it comes down to it those that work together to damage the enemy, calling out shots, etc yeah they get a great win rate but random battles seldomly seem to go that way from what ive seen.

LateralusTOOL #40 Posted Sep 16 2019 - 19:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 30891 battles
  • [T0OL] T0OL
Stupid post necro

Edited by LateralusTOOL, Sep 16 2019 - 19:15.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users