Tank Locking

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

raymee101 #1 Posted May 24 2017 - 21:54

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52659 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Does anyone know the future of clan wars regarding tank locking?  Season 5 got incredibly boring at times with only 4 or 5 tanks being used.  Without tank locking, you had clans spamming defenders and vk100s 20 matches a night and 7 days a week.  Its getting a bit boring facing the same tank every single match every single night.  As a caller I really enjoyed tank locking in the past as you got to see a wide variety of tanks and different ways to win a match.  This season turned into the same tactics and same tanks every single night as some clans never change their styles because they know they can use those same tanks next match and just do it all over.  I would love to hear wargamings thoughts on tank locking as well as other callers in the community, do you like it or hate it?  

Derp_o7 #2 Posted May 24 2017 - 23:09

Captain

• Players
  • 29892 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
Welcome to NA server where on a good day we hit 25k online.

Archaic_One #3 Posted May 24 2017 - 23:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 14584 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

Clan wars, lol

Its all about the Advances now friend

Twily__0_0ll #4 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2974 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

Tier VIII is just an incredibly unbalanced tier and the game promotes boring play.

MacDaddyMatty #5 Posted May 25 2017 - 12:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 15700 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

I'm having a blast at tier 8.

- Avoid the Tier 10 tanks unless I can shoot em in the side or butt (first yell "SUPRISE!" ) .

;).

- Wolfpack.

- support and relocate often.

and

- Consider "safe stowage", as I do get ammo racked more at tier 8

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, May 25 2017 - 12:49.

Wildblade #6 Posted May 25 2017 - 19:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40569 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 25 2017 - 06:48, said:

- Avoid the Tier 10 tanks unless I can shoot em in the side or butt (first yell "SUPRISE!" ) .

;).

- Wolfpack.

and

Please don't post unless you know what the fvck you're talking about

Edited by Wildblade, May 25 2017 - 19:54.

Classics4lyfe #7 Posted May 26 2017 - 23:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7212 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

i loved the non tank locking tier 8 was awsome and even though you saw people using the same tanks alot it gave more players a chance to play more often and it gave callers a little more run for their money on how they can break strats involving very heavy builds or camps if anything it became more interesting!

raymee101 #8 Posted May 27 2017 - 18:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 52659 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
you thought it was more interesting to only see 5 tanks used for 4 months straight?  You thought 90% of the clans just camping with heavies by their base was interesting?  I prefer to see a variety of tanks used and thats how i think a real caller becomes better, by having to use different types of tanks.  If tank locking comes back then you wont have a caller that only knows how to call for a very small group of tanks and then he becomes useless.  I think having to use all your tanks makes for much different kinds of gameplay instead of the same match over and over for 4 months, cause thats what the campaign was, almost identical strats from every clan  

mojave #9 Posted May 27 2017 - 19:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22275 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
I felt removing tank locking was healthy. It promoted more clans to be more active on the map. Surely it is better to see the same tanks than it is to not see them at all

bullitt5575 #10 Posted May 30 2017 - 21:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 38509 battles
They do need to bring back tank locking and take out this tier 6 and 8 clan wars stuff. it doesn't promote end game play at all. With 6 and 8's strongholds is fine but leave clan wars to the x's. as far as other smaller clans well sorry but lets be honest if cant field a x team then your not really an end game clan.

canukblues #11 Posted May 30 2017 - 22:43

Private

• Players
  • 32347 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D

View Postbullitt5575, on May 30 2017 - 20:49, said:

They do need to bring back tank locking and take out this tier 6 and 8 clan wars stuff. it doesn't promote end game play at all. With 6 and 8's strongholds is fine but leave clan wars to the x's. as far as other smaller clans well sorry but lets be honest if cant field a x team then your not really an end game clan.

If you look at who is participating in clan wars you will see there are more players at tier 6 than tier 10

Tier 6 and 8 are stepping stones to tier 10 clan war battles

Tank locking would also be a benefit to all but would help out tier 8 the most due to the large proportion of pay to play tanks seen in the battles every night.

Some of US would rather Play Clan wars than Strongholds

MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted May 31 2017 - 12:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 15700 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostWildblade, on May 25 2017 - 13:53, said:

Please don't post unless you know what the fvck you're talking about

ok.

- Wolfpack.

and

;)

Wildblade #13 Posted Jun 01 2017 - 01:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 40569 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on May 31 2017 - 06:12, said:

ok.

- Wolfpack.

and

;)

Please don't post unless you know what the fvck you're talking about .

This is a thread about CWs, tank locking in specific.  This means everything you've said is completely fvcking irrelevant.   If you want to talk about pubs, go post in GD.

Now fvck off until you can read at a 1st grade level you inbred underdeveloped monkey

Edited by Wildblade, Jun 01 2017 - 01:40.

Skeenaman #14 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 06:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32936 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

I loved tank locking.  Super idea to make you use the whole garage.

They should probably ban premium vehicles from organized play.  If not then vehicles like the defender should be available all the time.  It is not fair for players that miss OP vehicles (or can't afford them) to be uncompetitive.

talonsfire #15 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 13:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 33699 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Tank locking does nothing but restrict entry to Clan Wars for clans/players without a huge # of tanks in their garage. I'd much rather see the ability for new clans with players who may only have 3/4 T10 tanks in their garage participating in CW landing tournaments and working on their tactics and play calling than do nothing but grinding tanks. 

I completely agree that T6/T8 CW should be removed, returning the sandbox T10 map for CW.  It won't happen though, WG is more interested in splintering the player population into multiple game modes. 

Roccandil #16 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 20:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Given that at T8 my old clan was just doing the landing tourney grind, locking wouldn't have mattered anyhow, since at least with prior rules you couldn't get tanks locked except in battles for actual territory. We would simply have taken other tanks into the occasional province battle to keep our regular ones for the tourneys.

ballyspringer #17 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 21:15

Corporal

• Players
  • 20739 battles
  • [KOVAH] KOVAH

I haven't played the game in a few months now due to a busted PC so things may have changed a bit, but Tier 6 and 8 I agree with others it needs to go, and I said that same thing before they made that change.  It's not a stepping stone most clans just sit there at those tiers and they never progress, which also ends up making tier 10 CW more stagnant with less clans participating.  Lets be honest tier 6 and 8 "CW" is nothing like tier 10 and there's very little besides working together that translates.  Not to mention tier 6 and 8 it's much easier for a single person to carry a match, you don't need as much teamwork to win.

View Posttalonsfire, on Jun 23 2017 - 12:44, said:

Tank locking does nothing but restrict entry to Clan Wars for clans/players without a huge # of tanks in their garage. I'd much rather see the ability for new clans with players who may only have 3/4 T10 tanks in their garage participating in CW landing tournaments and working on their tactics and play calling than do nothing but grinding tanks. 

I completely agree that T6/T8 CW should be removed, returning the sandbox T10 map for CW.  It won't happen though, WG is more interested in splintering the player population into multiple game modes. 

I do disagree with the first part of your statement, when I joined my first clan I had a single tier 10 tank- and most of the clan was similar to myself in that regard.  We played on the map all of the time.  We did have some experienced players with a lot of tier 10's, but again most of us didn't.  There were times yes when we would run out of tanks and we would have to take a break from the map, but it never lasted more than a few days.  It also really got you to care more about the matches, you didn't throw your tank away knowing that if I die I can't play tomorrow, which made it a little more on the edge while you were playing which was great.  Every battle and exchange mattered, and getting better at your strategies and calling was a big deal to avoid losing tanks.

Before my PC broke with the current set up it was so frustrating how many clan wars you would see where the other team obviously didn't give a crap and would just yolo down a side (not in an organized wolfpack working together, just everyone at once without good firing lines or clear shots) and there didn't seem to be much strategy at all often, bringing back tank lock-outs would get rid of a lot of that and make it more fun again in my opinion.

NeboCema #18 Posted Jul 19 2017 - 18:52

Major

• Players
  • 30057 battles
  • [UFTS] UFTS

first we spent time and money to unlock new tanks and now only 1 or two tanks will suffice to fight in Clan-Wars ...

this is the reason i  personally stopped playing tanks tbh , i m done getting abused as a customer, Veterans had an edge to farm gold on the global map due to deep garages,but now every noob clan get educated at no cost.

F this . 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users