T57 Heavy American Heavy Tank Autoloader Tier X

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Gameuser10 #1 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16482 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

The T57 Heavy is probably my favorite tank in the game. But... I can't seem to do that well in it. Or rather, I just want to do much better. Anyone got any tips? This is my setup. I'm too poor to run cola, though sometimes I switch it out with the fire extinguisher.

I tend to play support tank by shadowing a tank with heavier armor, then popping out whenever the enemy takes a shot. Sometimes I pop out a corner when enemies overextend. In both cases, there's almost always a camper in the back that punishes me...

I also seem to be extremely hesitant to use premium ammo. For good reason, I suppose, since I only run a standard account.

uberdice #2 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:31

Major

• Players
  • 27314 battles

It's really fine to not pump out too much HEAT. The gun handling isn't good enough to aim HEAT properly while dropping your clip, and 258 AP pen is fine if you're selecting your targets properly. I haven't played the tank as much as I'd like, since I've always got other tanks to grind when I do play, but I've found a lot of success using it to take huge dumps on easy targets to isolate the enemy's harder targets more quickly. It's easier to win if you can force your team to focus on targets because there's nothing else to shoot at.

Dratt_Dastardly #3 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:44

Major

• Players
  • 29087 battles

I don't use HEAT.  With reload times in autoloaders, you really need to know when to change up the ammo and hope you still need it when you're finally reloaded.

Sounds like you pretty much have the game play right with supporting other tanks.  Pretty much, you are their extra gun while they are your armor.  I learned with the T54E1, if I didn't stay close to my teammates, I'm a priority target that is extremely vulnerable when reloading.

Wtornado #4 Posted May 25 2017 - 11:59

Captain

• Players
  • 32459 battles

That is what I am doing wrong I am using it like I am in my E-100.

Very hard for me to change a 6 year habit of being a agressive player.

FluffyBadBad #5 Posted May 25 2017 - 12:08

Captain

• Players
  • 31206 battles

trading punches doesn't usually work very well in clip tanks.

play it like a medium and look for opportunities to ambush flanks or hide until something moves into open and clip out.

early game often involves camping. save your hp for late game if possible.

Edited by Nubslayer, May 25 2017 - 12:12.

Gameuser10 #6 Posted May 25 2017 - 12:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16482 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
It's not fast enough to be played like a medium. The reverse speed is also garbage.

Guilty_By_Association_xD #7 Posted May 25 2017 - 12:48

Captain

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 45026 battles
  • [RUSHB] RUSHB

View Postuberdice, on May 25 2017 - 05:31, said:

It's really fine to not pump out too much HEAT. The gun handling isn't good enough to aim HEAT properly while dropping your clip, and 258 AP pen is fine if you're selecting your targets properly. I haven't played the tank as much as I'd like, since I've always got other tanks to grind when I do play, but I've found a lot of success using it to take huge dumps on easy targets to isolate the enemy's harder targets more quickly. It's easier to win if you can force your team to focus on targets because there's nothing else to shoot at.

Block Quote

trading punches doesn't usually work very well in clip tanks.

you couldnt be more wrong, the power in a magazine loading tank is that you can stick a clip vrs a tank that fires once and get the better trade. just like spraying in cs go you need to learn when to stick a clip or retreat around corners or use allies to cover your reload.

alexgt9123 #8 Posted May 25 2017 - 13:30

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9528 battles

View PostGameuser10, on May 25 2017 - 11:20, said:

The T57 Heavy is probably my favorite tank in the game. But... I can't seem to do that well in it. Or rather, I just want to do much better. Anyone got any tips? This is my setup. I'm too poor to run cola, though sometimes I switch it out with the fire extinguisher.

I tend to play support tank by shadowing a tank with heavier armor, then popping out whenever the enemy takes a shot. Sometimes I pop out a corner when enemies overextend. In both cases, there's almost always a camper in the back that punishes me...

I also seem to be extremely hesitant to use premium ammo. For good reason, I suppose, since I only run a standard account.

I am working towards getting the T57 Heavy but a tip for auto loaders that can deal huge amounts of damage in a short time period is all about trading damage well. One skill is counting the tanks on your mini map, then if tanks are not spotted or were last spotted in a position that can shoot you, it is most likely that if you poke they will shoot you. I use a mod that shows on the team roster if the enemy tank is lit or spotted at all, I could work without it but it just speeds up the process a lot.

This goes for every tank in the game: trade well and think before you make a move that could potentially open you up to camping TD's.

Good luck!

uberdice #9 Posted May 25 2017 - 13:57

Major

• Players
  • 27314 battles

View PostPompous_Magnus, on May 25 2017 - 21:48, said:

you couldnt be more wrong, the power in a magazine loading tank is that you can stick a clip vrs a tank that fires once and get the better trade. just like spraying in cs go you need to learn when to stick a clip or retreat around corners or use allies to cover your reload.

That doesn't really contradict anything I said.

You soak a hit, dump 1600 into someone's face, you back out and then do it again 23 seconds later. That gets you easy isolations, and for OP that'd probably lead to more wins.

Nehalim #10 Posted May 25 2017 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 36103 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

remember its a slow clumsy tank with an atrocious gun. you want close range engagements where you can duck behind cover literally instantly. poke shoot and back off behind something asap.

(and I see pompous is lurking. you can always buy your account from anfield and bypass all that. amirite)

destroyerdude2003 #11 Posted May 25 2017 - 14:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10717 battles
i'm probably worse than you are at it but from what i've heard you just try to ambush tanks and out trade them a shot for a clip

memegene #12 Posted May 25 2017 - 15:00

Captain

• Players
  • 29448 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

If you are punished by support fire when clipping, you need to maintain awareness of likely fire lanes. By using the last know position on the minimap and the mod that marks if a tank has been spotted or not it can really help this issue. When selecting a location to support take note of potential TD and arty fire lanes. Then note which TDs have been lit in positions that are of no concern. That will let you know who could possibly be in the lane you are poking. 

Finally watch a replay review by zeven. Then find a couple of replays of your T57. Grade them with the same methodology that he uses. Were you always active? Did you miss a chance to save a pubbie? Did you select the wrong priority target? Did you over expose to empty one more shell ==> that is my biggest issue in auto loaders. 

_Anfield_ #13 Posted May 25 2017 - 17:05

Major

• Players
  • 39848 battles

FluffyBadBad #14 Posted May 25 2017 - 20:48

Captain

• Players
  • 31206 battles

by trading punches i mean trading one for one with tanks that are ducking behind cover.

you have to catch a tank in the open to clip out for a good trade.

Atragon #15 Posted May 25 2017 - 22:09

Major

• Players
  • 44421 battles
  • [FINES] FINES
Also, have XVM going. Because if you have a choice of what teamates to be near to support you want to choose the better players to be near.

Gameuser10 #16 Posted May 25 2017 - 22:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16482 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

Ideally, I'd clip tier 8s and rebalance take them out of the fight. 

View Postmemegene, on May 25 2017 - 22:00, said:

If you are punished by support fire when clipping, you need to maintain awareness of likely fire lanes. By using the last know position on the minimap and the mod that marks if a tank has been spotted or not it can really help this issue. When selecting a location to support take note of potential TD and arty fire lanes. Then note which TDs have been lit in positions that are of no concern. That will let you know who could possibly be in the lane you are poking. 

Finally watch a replay review by zeven. Then find a couple of replays of your T57. Grade them with the same methodology that he uses. Were you always active? Did you miss a chance to save a pubbie? Did you select the wrong priority target? Did you over expose to empty one more shell ==> that is my biggest issue in auto loaders. 

I usually play it safe and wait until I'm sure nobody is watching before I poke out. Sometimes I even choose to remain unspotted before I punish an overextending tank. The corners along the 1 line in Ruinberg are a good example.

I always try my best to remain active. I don't like camping in the back, though I will if it becomes necessary.

I also jump at every opportunity to save teammates, though I won't blindly take hits for someone being overrun by like 5 tanks. Gotta be reasonable.

I also prioritize conserving HP over taking an extra shot. Usually I back up after shots, baiting people to shoot the armored beak on the hull.

View PostAtragon, on May 26 2017 - 05:09, said:

Also, have XVM going. Because if you have a choice of what teamates to be near to support you want to choose the better players to be near.

Yep. I tend to shadow green+ players in armored tanks, and stick/support them.

Cpl_Maida #17 Posted May 25 2017 - 22:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 35793 battles
What is the avg. damage for 3 marking it?

Gameuser10 #18 Posted May 25 2017 - 22:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16482 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI

View Post_Anfield_, on May 26 2017 - 00:05, said:

Very useful. Thanks!

Bubba187 #19 Posted May 25 2017 - 23:00

Captain

• Players
  • 47449 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Thoughts on tracking enemy tank with first or fourth round?  First round pins him to receive your next 3.  Last round pins him to receive your teams wrath while you go reload.

Gameuser10 #20 Posted May 26 2017 - 01:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16482 battles
  • [K0HAI] K0HAI
First, of course. Especially when they expose themselves too much. Drive wheel shots are satisfying. Something I should try is shooting them once then waiting for them to burn their repair kit before shooting again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users