What is the point of the Bat Chat 12T?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

StoleYourFame #101 Posted Nov 12 2017 - 22:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 12545 battles
This tank is pretty bad imo. tbh you're not really penning anything without APCR unless they're tier 6 or 7, and I think that this tank should at least get a view range buff. But, that could either be just me not knowing how to play lights with lower vr or being bad with autos.

QuicksilverJPR #102 Posted Nov 17 2017 - 15:41

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostStoleYourFame, on Nov 12 2017 - 16:33, said:

This tank is pretty bad imo. tbh you're not really penning anything without APCR unless they're tier 6 or 7, and I think that this tank should at least get a view range buff. But, that could either be just me not knowing how to play lights with lower vr or being bad with autos.

It's probably the latter.  Looks like you have plenty of skill driving single shot LTs, so literally just learn to jump out and fire two/three shots without taking any return fire, reload/relocate, and do it again.  The goal isn't to dump the clip UNLESS you can easily kill the target.  Taking one hit for taking a gun off the map is how I play mine.

What equipment do you have on your BC12T?

Once you get the hang of that tactic, you'll like autoloaders a lot more as assassin tanks (especially when you get to the 13 90 and 13 105, which also translates into the French medium line as well).

shaolinsarge #103 Posted Nov 20 2017 - 13:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 30238 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

So. I'm not a pro player, i am a very poor player. But in light line of tanks, the french line is amazing, specially with his clips of autoloader.  Now i 'm at amx 13 75, i dont sold the amx 12 t, because at moment he is  my prefered tank in game. I'm grinding his marks.

Use this database to help.

Using trained crew, commander - 3 perks, rest of crew 1 full perk and with 2nd perk almost finished. Using 6th sense , and cammo as second skill in all.

He has the same gameplay  of lower levels, because french line has his own characteristics. What kind of light tank you enjoy ?

ErwinDesertFoxRommel #104 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 04:00

Private

• Players
  • 14569 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

Not a great LT player but the BC 12T isnt bad i like it . if you cant pent a heavy you are doing it wrong .You are not supposed to go toe to toe .Shoot them in the [edited]4 times and run away

Peak_Bagger #105 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 16:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19623 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View Postmoogleslam, on Oct 05 2017 - 12:46, said:

LOL nothing.  Your reply is pure nonsense, and barely makes sense.  I am not wrong about anything.

First of all.   You are bad in it.  Pure bad.  I rarely call players out on their stats, because I have no issue with anyone being bad, but when you use it to back up a non-existent point, it's time to say something.  You can't hide from your stats.  I'm not looking at your Recent (1000 battles) for anything, so I don't even know why that was brought up.  Everything I mentioned was all time for the specific tank we're discussing, and you've got much fewer than 1000 battles in it, albeit, quite a bit more than the last time I checked.  You'd think with experience, you'd have improved, but no, you're still awful in it with a 42.62% Win Rate and 412 WN8.  0.23 Kills per game and a 58% Hit Ratio.  Not even an Ace yet, and it's an incredibly easy tank to Ace, like most Light Tanks.  With the extra battles, at least we know it's not just because of the small sample size now

Players do play well in it.  Excluding Premiums, it has the 2nd highest Win Rate among Tier 8 Light's, and the 5th highest Win Rate among all 26 Light Tanks from Tier 6 to Tier 10.

It's accuracy when moving is rarely of concern because after the spotting phase of the battle, you should always be opportunistic, and flanking single targets to take them out at close range where you can't miss.  That said, it's accuracy is not bad, and even the wiki lists a pro as "Decent accuracy, gun handling and aiming time".

Yes, the alpha is low, and so is the DPM, but this is a Scout first, so use your View Range to allow your team to do damage, and don't put such value on your gun.  When you do need to do damage, because it's an autoloader, the alpha and DPM are largely irrelevant because you do ~680 in ~6 seconds if I recall correctly, then you should be taking cover for the reload.

It takes damage to modules and crew?  Sure it does, but the secret is to not get shot, and it seems you do get shot very very often.  Your survival rate in this tank is 3% (not a typo).  For comparison sake, mine is 38% in this tank.

By Tier 8, you should easily have a well skilled crew ready for this tank.  I actually used the girls from Personal Missions, and they're currently at 97% on their 6th skill, but as soon as you get Sixth Sense and Camo, you've got enough to successfully fulfill your roll.

Enemy lights should not be able to hunt you down easily because you've got excellent camo, excellent mobility, and a tiny profile.  Maybe you need to learn when to retreat, or not get spotted in the first place.

You mentioned the 13 90 and it's also a great Scout, with lots of similar attributes, but your stats in it are even worse; 33% Win Rate, 218 WN8, so I don't really see your point there.

Are you catching on yet?  It's just you.  It's not the tank at all.  Haven't enough people posted here to clarify that for you?  You don't know how to play Scouts and you don't know how to play Autoloaders.  Plenty of us would offer to help, but you're stubborn and just post pure nonsense, which will get you no where.

I realize that this is a necro'd thread, but it has been a fun read as I'm currently going up the French light line and am just starting the BC 12T. I've really enjoyed line so far (AMX12T and AMX 13 75) and am looking forward to the rest of the line. I'm convinced that playing these light autoloaders is making me a better player overall. And it's very informative to read posts from great players like this. Awesome stuff!!!  

slayer6 #106 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14566 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO
Generally you aren't supposed to engage enemy Medium or Heavy tanks head on in ANY Light tank...

FrankFitz #107 Posted Apr 10 2019 - 17:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 20682 battles
  • [LTTB] LTTB
The BC 12t is an amazing tank. small, low profile, and really accurate gun. I use it to passive spot and and flanking on low HP enemies. The thing is if u play that tank to do dmg u wont have a good time. Spotting is something else, put camo on it and train the camo skills and u r invisible. Plus u r small enough to fit in most bushes. If u get spotted after that u can retreat and relocate without dealing too much damage thx to ur small silhouette. 

Copacetic #108 Posted Apr 11 2019 - 19:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46491 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
I tried to play this thing..hated the lack of manuverability.

QuicksilverJPR #109 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostCopacetic, on Apr 11 2019 - 13:28, said:

I tried to play this thing..hated the lack of manuverability.

Are you even talking about the same tank?  Your stats show you've only played 3 games in it...

It does not have a "lack" of maneuverability...

moogleslam #110 Posted Apr 12 2019 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 45737 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Yeah, there are so many strange opinions in this thread, that I also wonder if we're all talking about the same tank.

ATankFullOfIdiots #111 Posted Apr 14 2019 - 20:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View Postmoogleslam, on Apr 12 2019 - 16:29, said:

Yeah, there are so many strange opinions in this thread, that I also wonder if we're all talking about the same tank.

what i think you are seeing is the difference in opinion between people that play the tank from scratch and others that just dump free exp to get all the upgrades and transfer over a 100% 2-3 skill crew. The truth is without the engine and track upgrades and a freshly recruited crew this tank sucks. Ad in the new tier 8 wheeled tank and it is even less of a great thing.

QuicksilverJPR #112 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 16:20

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Apr 14 2019 - 14:42, said:

what i think you are seeing is the difference in opinion between people that play the tank from scratch and others that just dump free exp to get all the upgrades and transfer over a 100% 2-3 skill crew. The truth is without the engine and track upgrades and a freshly recruited crew this tank sucks. Ad in the new tier 8 wheeled tank and it is even less of a great thing.

Anyone who complains or tries comparison using a stock tank is doing everyone (including themselves) a disservice.  You compare tanks once they are fully unlocked...

Everyone should know and understand that stock tanks pretty much suck a goat.

ATankFullOfIdiots #113 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 17:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Apr 15 2019 - 15:20, said:

Anyone who complains or tries comparison using a stock tank is doing everyone (including themselves) a disservice.  You compare tanks once they are fully unlocked...

Everyone should know and understand that stock tanks pretty much suck a goat.

Wrong again. Please don't let your elitist attitude get in the way of the facts. Not only do you need to compare stock vs fully equipped you need to look at what it takes to get there; and is it worth it. You also need to look into what is required to get to the next tier.

In order of research required for engine, track and radio upgrades by the tech tree:

HWK - 38.6k

LTTB - 40.8k

M41 -  42.9k

BC12t - 43.6k

I didnt check the chinese. Thankfully they didnt require you to research a turret on any of these for better view range. The gun upgrade for the BC 12t is also expensive at 18K and is essential in order to get to the next tier

Throw in the fact that with 4 crew vs 3 you get a full set of skills instead of having to double up on one crew member taking twice as long to get a full set of skills (commander/radio, driver, loader, gunner)

QuicksilverJPR #114 Posted Apr 15 2019 - 21:59

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Apr 15 2019 - 11:24, said:

Wrong again. Please don't let your elitist attitude get in the way of the facts. Not only do you need to compare stock vs fully equipped you need to look at what it takes to get there; and is it worth it. You also need to look into what is required to get to the next tier.

In order of research required for engine, track and radio upgrades by the tech tree:

HWK - 38.6k

LTTB - 40.8k

M41 -  42.9k

BC12t - 43.6k

I didnt check the chinese. Thankfully they didnt require you to research a turret on any of these for better view range. The gun upgrade for the BC 12t is also expensive at 18K and is essential in order to get to the next tier

Throw in the fact that with 4 crew vs 3 you get a full set of skills instead of having to double up on one crew member taking twice as long to get a full set of skills (commander/radio, driver, loader, gunner)

It's not elitist at all to consider that comparing a stock tank to an upgraded one is a stupid idea...

It's more or less factored into "common sense". 

I'm not even sure you fully grasp how to play light tanks, as I continually see you putting in your two cents, but never seem able to follow your own advice...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users