What is the point of the Bat Chat 12T?

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

ATankFullOfIdiots #21 Posted Jun 08 2017 - 23:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostTsarCidron, on Jun 08 2017 - 22:05, said:

I assume you want a speedy death machine that will take hits from guns fired from heavier platforms ?  Maybe a vehicle that has Formula 1 performance?  Also a gun that will shoot thru the thickest of armors?  Maybe your own armor be lightweight and yet impenetrable (maybe mithril? )  ?  Sorry, but its a light.   As such, it wont drive like most tanks.  Might have to take a moment to ... nvm...  complaining beats learning.

I gave the tank a fair amount of game play to show me what it could do. Upgraded all the components. Unlike some people I'm not afraid to charge a opponents cap zone or scout out arty in hostile territory. Played aggressively played conservatively. At range the gun bounces more shots than higher pen guns the others have. Does the worst damage of all of the others in its tier. Middle mounted turret means you have to extend yourself farther out of cover to aim lower. When you do run into other tanks there is no gun, armor or speed that can save you. The only thing you can do is hope you can put some cover between the 2 of you while all of your shots may have penetrated but the low alpha didn't put their health anywhere near danger levels and then you need to wait 20 seconds to reload while their single shot gun keeps pounding out shots every couple of seconds. 

Ya, I just didn't learn anything about playing this tank before I made the post. How many times do you have to hit your head against something before you confirm it hurts? For you guys, I'm guessing a lot.

QuicksilverJPR #22 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 16:33

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 08 2017 - 16:39, said:

I don't waste any time on tank lines that aren't going anywhere. The entire French light line up is horrible and this tier 8 substitution that they threw at the community is a shadow of what the 13 90 is and I hated that one also. Frankly the VK 28.01 at tier 6 is a better even with the gun nerf. It handles better, with better armor, gets better gun depression with the forward turret and has a more robust track system. The bc12t gets tracked way more easily making you more vulnerable to damage. It can't side scrape any shots and without a vertical stabilizer shooting on the move is laughable. Every other tier 8 lights gun does better alpha damage and none have worse pen even with standard rounds. Throw in a 4 shot magazine with even a short 20 second reload and it still can't go against lights and mediums its own tier or lower. 

Just because you like a tank or you do well in one doesn't mean other peoples views are not valid. It means you are biased and if anyones view should be discounted it is yours. I have given very real unbiased views on this pos tank and all you can say is how well you do in yours. 

What I'm really saying is that you have no idea how to drive light tanks of ANY kind.  I'm not really being specific to French light tanks...but since folks here are mentioning them, so did I.

Your stats look like a suicide scouter that occasionally lands 2-3 shots, and goes to the next tank/battle 40 seconds later...

You avg 358 dpg in your mentioned VK 28.01, with a 50% hit ratio.  That means you are firing 6-8 shots per game, on average, and only penning 3-4 of them.  If you are as aggressive as you say, then you are literally suicide scouting and living less than 90 seconds, on average.  That's how statistics work.  They paint a broad picture of how something is done.

ATankFullOfIdiots #23 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 09 2017 - 15:33, said:

What I'm really saying is that you have no idea how to drive light tanks of ANY kind.  I'm not really being specific to French light tanks...but since folks here are mentioning them, so did I.

Your stats look like a suicide scouter that occasionally lands 2-3 shots, and goes to the next tank/battle 40 seconds later...

You avg 358 dpg in your mentioned VK 28.01, with a 50% hit ratio.  That means you are firing 6-8 shots per game, on average, and only penning 3-4 of them.  If you are as aggressive as you say, then you are literally suicide scouting and living less than 90 seconds, on average.  That's how statistics work.  They paint a broad picture of how something is done.

Guess what, I just got the tier 7 Chinese light an it is hands down better in every way than the French tank. From stock it handles better, 85 mm single shot gun with 7 sec reload is more dependable, it gets tracked less and ammo racked less. There are no instances where the French tanks I have played don't get tracked, ammo racked or crew injured. They never bounce shots and as soon as they get tracked they are dead.

The Chinese tank with angled armor does bounce 90 mm shells. It's slightly better gun depression let's it work ridge lines better. It's view range isn't as good but that can be compensated for with skills and equipment. 

The last point I'll make is about your attempts at arguments. You never refute the points I make about the pos French tanks. You try to attack my experience as a player but you never argue that the tanks aren't bad. Sure some people can play a tank well but I don't see that on a general basis with these tanks. If you have to work twice as hard to get good performance out of a tank than you do with any other model then it is a bad tank. 

QuicksilverJPR #24 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 09 2017 - 14:04, said:

Guess what, I just got the tier 7 Chinese light an it is hands down better in every way than the French tank. From stock it handles better, 85 mm single shot gun with 7 sec reload is more dependable, it gets tracked less and ammo racked less. There are no instances where the French tanks I have played don't get tracked, ammo racked or crew injured. They never bounce shots and as soon as they get tracked they are dead.

The Chinese tank with angled armor does bounce 90 mm shells. It's slightly better gun depression let's it work ridge lines better. It's view range isn't as good but that can be compensated for with skills and equipment. 

The last point I'll make is about your attempts at arguments. You never refute the points I make about the pos French tanks. You try to attack my experience as a player but you never argue that the tanks aren't bad. Sure some people can play a tank well but I don't see that on a general basis with these tanks. If you have to work twice as hard to get good performance out of a tank than you do with any other model then it is a bad tank. 

What's the point of trying to tell you that you're wrong.  Why do the better players tend to play the French LTs?  maybe that's because they require more skill to play effectively, and someone like you, for example, will never be able to get anything worthwhile out of them.

And your own counter argument falls utterly flat as you can't perform well in single shot Chinese/German/American tanks either.  You just don't play light tanks well.  Your reasons that you dislike them are not due to the tank, but rather your inability to even grasp the concepts on how to effectively use ANY of them.

ATankFullOfIdiots #25 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 19:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 10 2017 - 17:42, said:

What's the point of trying to tell you that you're wrong.  Why do the better players tend to play the French LTs?  maybe that's because they require more skill to play effectively, and someone like you, for example, will never be able to get anything worthwhile out of them.

And your own counter argument falls utterly flat as you can't perform well in single shot Chinese/German/American tanks either.  You just don't play light tanks well.  Your reasons that you dislike them are not due to the tank, but rather your inability to even grasp the concepts on how to effectively use ANY of them.

so in not so many words you are incapable of explaining how your favorite tanks are better than others so you attack the person who has an opposite opinion. The bc12t does have better view range and probably came rating but once you get into the very real scenario of encounters with other tanks, even light tanks, it is possibly one of the worst tanks I've ever played.

QuicksilverJPR #26 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 19:49

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 10 2017 - 13:40, said:

so in not so many words you are incapable of explaining how your favorite tanks are better than others so you attack the person who has an opposite opinion. The bc12t does have better view range and probably came rating but once you get into the very real scenario of encounters with other tanks, even light tanks, it is possibly one of the worst tanks I've ever played.

I haven't mentioned my favorite tanks, so again, you don't know what your'e talking about.  This is an established fact that keeps repeating throughout this thread.

The BC 12t's abilities are speed, camo, view range, and burst damage.  Tracks are fine.  In fact, French LTs in general have good module hp on tracks.  Of course this can be said for all LTs.  They have all had tracks buffed in their lifetime.

ATankFullOfIdiots #27 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 22:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 10 2017 - 18:49, said:

I haven't mentioned my favorite tanks, so again, you don't know what your'e talking about.  This is an established fact that keeps repeating throughout this thread.

The BC 12t's abilities are speed, camo, view range, and burst damage.  Tracks are fine.  In fact, French LTs in general have good module hp on tracks.  Of course this can be said for all LTs.  They have all had tracks buffed in their lifetime.

That must be why the bc12t top tracks have a lower load rating than the 13-75, or the 13-90. Unless you have information that isn't available to the rest of is on exactly how durable the tracks are that is the only metric anyone else can go by. The last time I checked this game is called world of Tanks, not world of hiding in bushes. Claiming burst damage for this horrible gun is also laughable.

QuicksilverJPR #28 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 02:02

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 10 2017 - 16:17, said:

That must be why the bc12t top tracks have a lower load rating than the 13-75, or the 13-90. Unless you have information that isn't available to the rest of is on exactly how durable the tracks are that is the only metric anyone else can go by. The last time I checked this game is called world of Tanks, not world of hiding in bushes. Claiming burst damage for this horrible gun is also laughable.

What other scout gun at tier 8 can put out 680 damage in 6 seconds?  That's a pretty decent amount of burst dmg, I would say...

ATankFullOfIdiots #29 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 05:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 11 2017 - 01:02, said:

What other scout gun at tier 8 can put out 680 damage in 6 seconds?  That's a pretty decent amount of burst dmg, I would say...

I did just that in several games and guess what? They lived and I died. All 4 shots penetrate. First shot they track me, shots 2-4 kill me all the way dead. I just played a game where a t-54ltwt found me in open field, tracked me on the move, rammed me and then killed me with 2nd shot. These tracks must be made of magnets because they seem to attract AP rounds. However you are getting good games with yours be thankful because on the real NA east server they know how to play against light tanks and this thing isn't up to par for that kind of environment.

QuicksilverJPR #30 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 18:50

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 10 2017 - 23:26, said:

I did just that in several games and guess what? They lived and I died. All 4 shots penetrate. First shot they track me, shots 2-4 kill me all the way dead. I just played a game where a t-54ltwt found me in open field, tracked me on the move, rammed me and then killed me with 2nd shot. These tracks must be made of magnets because they seem to attract AP rounds. However you are getting good games with yours be thankful because on the real NA east server they know how to play against light tanks and this thing isn't up to par for that kind of environment.

So you're complaining that a tank in a higher tier beat you.  That's your evidence?

And the only server I play on is the east server.  Again, does your silly outburst have an actual or factual point (other than you got caught by someone in the open and killed)?

ATankFullOfIdiots #31 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 21:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 11 2017 - 17:50, said:

So you're complaining that a tank in a higher tier beat you.  That's your evidence?

And the only server I play on is the east server.  Again, does your silly outburst have an actual or factual point (other than you got caught by someone in the open and killed)?

the point I made is that when operating in forward areas where light tanks have to be to do what they are supposed to do the bc12t is inferior when encountering other light tanks of equal tier and lower. If you can just sit there without coming across enemy tanks then it really doesn't matter what the tank is like you are essentially just a look out post and any adj tank can do the same job.

Wildblade #32 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 22:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 44221 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS
The amount of [edited]this guy is spewing is hysterical.  

QuicksilverJPR #33 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostWildblade, on Jun 11 2017 - 16:37, said:

The amount of [edited]this guy is spewing is hysterical.  

Well, bads gonna bad...so it's expected.

24cups #34 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 00:18

Major

• Players
  • 24434 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
To answer the original question "What is the point of the BatChat 12T ?".....It's a Tier 8 in the French lite line to connect Tier 7 to Tier 9 (sort of like every other tank line in the game).

ATankFullOfIdiots #35 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 03:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View Post24cups, on Jun 11 2017 - 23:18, said:

To answer the original question "What is the point of the BatChat 12T ?".....It's a Tier 8 in the French lite line to connect Tier 7 to Tier 9 (sort of like every other tank line in the game).

except the tank itself drives worse than the t7, and the gun is on the low end of all the other t8 lights. The 13-90 would have been a better t8 as is than this thing. The bc12t with a higher pen 90mm and comparable damage and better handling would have made more sense. A t8 with anything but a 90mm is at a disadvantage not to mention how easily the tank is damaged and crew is injured puts this tank in a bad situation.

QuicksilverJPR #36 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 14:01

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 11 2017 - 21:27, said:

except the tank itself drives worse than the t7, and the gun is on the low end of all the other t8 lights. The 13-90 would have been a better t8 as is than this thing. The bc12t with a higher pen 90mm and comparable damage and better handling would have made more sense. A t8 with anything but a 90mm is at a disadvantage not to mention how easily the tank is damaged and crew is injured puts this tank in a bad situation.

M41, LTTB would all disagree with you on the point that anything but a 90mm is at a disadvantage...as would someone who knows how to use the 75 in the BC 12t.

It's more about skill than the gun, with the gun being a natural extension of the skill of the driver.

QuicksilverJPR #37 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 14:26

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

By the way ATankFullOfIdiots...

I forgot to put up the module health comparision pic of tracks (armor and module HP) that you refuted earlier in your posts...thereby showing that you truly have no idea what you're talking about.  The tracks on the BC 12t are the same as the other tier 8s.  Matter of fact, I think they are all pretty much in that range.

Posted Image

ATankFullOfIdiots #38 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 17:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 12 2017 - 13:01, said:

M41, LTTB would all disagree with you on the point that anything but a 90mm is at a disadvantage...as would someone who knows how to use the 75 in the BC 12t.

It's more about skill than the gun, with the gun being a natural extension of the skill of the driver.

skill? The bc12t has the lowest abpm of all of the tier 8 lights and even some tier 7. If you still insist on comparing the guns you have to include the reload. If you think jumping out of bushes and shooting mediums and lights in the rear is some sort of true test of the tank then you are only counting 1/3 of the variables that must be considered when looking at a tank and really shows that you are biased towards this tank for some reason.

ATankFullOfIdiots #39 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 17:17

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41581 battles

View PostQuicksilverJPR, on Jun 12 2017 - 13:26, said:

By the way ATankFullOfIdiots...

I forgot to put up the module health comparision pic of tracks (armor and module HP) that you refuted earlier in your posts...thereby showing that you truly have no idea what you're talking about.  The tracks on the BC 12t are the same as the other tier 8s.  Matter of fact, I think they are all pretty much in that range.

Posted Image

bandage style tracks like these with lots of exposure get hit more easily and for some reason these seem to break on fast down slope descents, falls or ramming more easily. Maybe it has to do with their lower load rating than the 13-75 tracks which have a 16.35 load limit compared to the bc12t track with only a 15 ton limit.

QuicksilverJPR #40 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 18:44

Major

• Players
  • 27880 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View PostATankFullOfIdiots, on Jun 12 2017 - 11:17, said:

bandage style tracks like these with lots of exposure get hit more easily and for some reason these seem to break on fast down slope descents, falls or ramming more easily. Maybe it has to do with their lower load rating than the 13-75 tracks which have a 16.35 load limit compared to the bc12t track with only a 15 ton limit.

The load limit does not have anything to do with the health of the module.  That's specifically a function of how much equipment/modules you can load on your tank.

The health of the 13 75 tracks are 140, btw...so they have less health and take less to track them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users