• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

Badgriuel #21 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 22:44

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5254 battles
  • [2CARD] 2CARD

View Postkingmeofme, on Jun 02 2017 - 13:42, said:

Is there an answer to the question "why are you going through with improved equipment and directives, when there is an overwhelmingly negative opinion of these things?"

I'd love to hear that answer as well. 

Rake #22 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 22:50

Major

• Players
  • 46973 battles

View Postkingmeofme, on Jun 02 2017 - 16:42, said:

Is there an answer to the question "why are you going through with improved equipment and directives, when there is an overwhelmingly negative opinion of these things?"

Same as their normal answer:  we're much smarter than the player base and know what's best.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #23 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 22:51

Major

• Players
  • 12421 battles
  • [GUNS1] GUNS1

View PostQuemapueblos, on Jun 02 2017 - 13:21, said:

You don't need to sign up for Ranked Battles specifically. Anyone who has a World of Tanks account now should receive 100 Bonds. Ranked Battle Test Season will start June 5th 

Should?  So it is not guaranteed?

Kekistani #24 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 22:55

Captain

• -Players-
  • 21609 battles
  • [-KEK-] -KEK-
I've read it somewhere – IIRC it was translated from a Russian Developer FAQ – that there are plans to introduce cosmetics such as bags, camouflage nets and stuff. Why not simply give us these instead of Improved Equipment and Directives? I don't want extra effectiveness against tomatoes, I want the extra eye candy. I mean, even a unique camouflage would do.

SpamNCan #25 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 22:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 9214 battles
  • [TAW] TAW
Nope, if there are modules/consumables that you earn in T10 and can use on other tanks/tiers, Go F Yourself. Last I saw 75% in the poll said they didn't agree. I'm part of that 75% that will no longer play, support and will actively steer new players away from this title. RIP WoT 6-5-2017.

rohanikov123 #26 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23212 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

dont really see why everyone is against if they go through with what they say and allow everyone to have a chance at earning them.

The main argument ive been seeing is only good players and people with tier 10 had a chance at getting them.

But if wg does actually release other ways to earn them this is no longer the case.

this is of course assuming wg actually does this.

Edited by rohanikov123, Jun 02 2017 - 23:02.

kingmeofme #27 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29339 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Post9gagger, on Jun 02 2017 - 22:55, said:

I've read it somewhere – IIRC it was translated from a Russian Developer FAQ – that there are plans to introduce cosmetics such as bags, camouflage nets and stuff. Why not simply give us these instead of Improved Equipment and Directives? I don't want extra effectiveness against tomatoes, I want the extra eye candy. I mean, even a unique camouflage would do.

yeh i absolutely agree. It seems silly but id gladly play ranked battles so i could get unique emblems and camo for my favorite tanks. Other types of cosmetics like extra logs on my russian tanks would honestly get me to play it lol

kingmeofme #28 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29339 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View Postrohanikov123, on Jun 02 2017 - 23:00, said:

dont really see why everyone is against if they go through with what they say and allow everyone to have a chance at earning them.

ok, so here's the problem. To remain competitive in the clan wars scene, improved equipment will be required. This means we have to play hundreds of battles to get this equipment, just so we can be at the same place we were before the patch. As with before, bad clans will still get stomped, it wont change ANYTHING, except the amount of time i have to spend grinding to fully kit out a tier 10

LpBronco #29 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:03

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35957 battles
  • [_F_] _F_
Dudes, I can't believe what I'm reading. They are rolling out new equipment and equipment slots and boosters and just stated this is just the beginning of the roll out and there will be other avenues available to acquire these items and you act like the world ended, get a grip.

Markd73 #30 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:06

Major

• Players
  • 28290 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostQuemapueblos, on Jun 02 2017 - 20:05, said:

Hey Tankers,

We are listening to your concerns about Bonds, Equipment and Directives and reached out to our developers to provide some clarity on the Ranked Battles: Beta Season.

Q: How much of this Beta Season of Ranked Battles is final?

A: Ranked Battles: Beta Season is a 1 month test, designed to collect feedback and tune the mode based on what players say and data we collect.

We're eager to tune Ranked Battles and deliver an experience that truly resonates with our community. With the Beta Season, we're rolling out a new game mode to a large number of tankers to test and help define potential future adjustments. We will be monitoring player feedback in every region, collecting and analyzing your suggestions.

Q: What if I'm not a Tier X player or don't want to play Tier Xs? Can I earn Bonds in any other way in the future?

A: While Bonds are being introduced to the game with the Ranked Battles: Beta Season, the Ranked Battles mode was not and is not intended to be the only way to earn Bonds. In the future, we’ll make Bonds available through other game modes and expand the list of items players can obtain with them.

Along with the new mode, we have added an all-new currency, Bonds, to the game. Right now, Ranked Battles are the only way to stock up on Bonds, but it won't stay this way forever. Just as with Ranked Battles, we're testing the new currency and the new rewards. We will expand the list of items you can purchase with Bonds; there will be much more than Improved Equipment and Directives for purchase. We’re also planning to make Bonds available through other game modes, including ways to acquire them in Random Battles. Players will also be able to earn Bonds by completing Missions and taking part in in-game specials.

Q: What kinds of changes will come from community feedback?

A: We may make subsequent changes based on player feedback to the functionality and rewards of the mode, including Improved Equipment and Directives.

After going over feedback and collecting game data, we'll proceed to optimize the experience by tweaking its functionality, rewards, and any other element that players raise as a concern. We are tracking carefully the way Improved Equipment and Directives work and their effect on gameplay, and we may make changes to them based on that data and player feedback.

For instance, we might revise where these rewards can be earned or used such as Tiers and/or game modes.

Q: If I don't have a Tier X how can I effectively give feedback?

A: All players get 100 Bonds when the Beta Season begins.

All players registered prior to June 3rd will receive 100 Bonds when the Beta Season begins. Tankers can test the newly added Directives, which also allows us to gather substantial feedback.

Thank you for reading this, and thank you for your interest in Ranked Battles, Bonds, Improved Equipment and Directives. We hope this clarifies our views around these features and answers any concerns you may have. If you have any further questions or comments, please leave your feedback below.

Can I make a suggestion, which being WG you will likely ignore.

You could improve customer trust if WG had communicated this policy clearly from the start. Instead we have all the resulting rage in game and in the forums from a badly communicated mechanic. I have to imagine the WG staff are starting to get their resumes ready if the company continues (from a marketing/PR perspective)  shoot itself in the foot, reload and do it again.

I love your game, but you are killing it with your lack of transparency, balancing choices and terrible communications.

On a separate note - We are not as dumb as you think we are. This is not about a new game mode, it is a transparent attempt to boost short term profits by getting players to play tier 10 and burn a ton of credits (thus needing premium time and premium tanks) is insulting. I would almost prefer if you were honest in your attempts to money grab. That at least would be novel and refreshing.

Badgriuel #31 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5254 battles
  • [2CARD] 2CARD

View PostLpBronco, on Jun 02 2017 - 14:03, said:

Dudes, I can't believe what I'm reading. They are rolling out new equipment and equipment slots and boosters and just stated this is just the beginning of the roll out and there will be other avenues available to acquire these items and you act like the world ended, get a grip.

Those other ways of earning bonds, I'll hold my breath for when that comes. But I highly doubt you would earn them at the same rate as playing ranked battles. 

ScrubIord #32 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:19

Captain

• Players
  • 27963 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

well the new equipment is end game equipment, so I don't see why people are saying ranked battles should be lower tier. Instead wargaming should make it so you cannot put that equipment on any tank that's not a tier10, this will stop people from going to low tier games 6-8 and just wrecking new players.

Personally I have been triggered by every move wargaming has made just for the sake of low exp players from making cw tier6 and tier8. We used to have to work our asses up to get to tier10 so we could enjoy tier10 end game cw, but now they made it so everyone can play cw at low tiers.

Now the next thing you know people will be able to get bonds in pub games maybe? So why even bother playing ranked at all?

Even their rank system does not seem that hard, from what I understand after playing test server is that there are only 5 ranks and a bunch of chevrons to gain ranks. Well if they want this system to work they will need to add alot more ranks, maybe to rank 10 not just 5, because as of now I think its just way too easy to reach rank 5. Look at Dota2 MMR system, you lose a game your MMR goes down, you win a game your MMR goes up but there are alot of MMR ranks from 1k MMR players (lowest level) to 8-9k MMR (Highest level). Each player gains or loses an average of 25 MMR per game and does not jump a complete rank in 3-5 wins (This forces the player to keep grinding and keep playing until he reaches the next rank). As of right now in WOT all you need is a few wins and once you reach Rank 5 you will never lose that rank, no matter how much you lose.

ObrumPL #33 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12858 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostNudnick, on Jun 02 2017 - 13:18, said:

Thanks for the clarification. Hopefully people will read this. It just seems to me that you're making the game needlessly complicated with all these little extras, while ignoring more critical issues like balance, power creep, stale maps, artillery, nerfs/buffs, etc. For myself, I haven't played much since 9.18 because I like slow tanks, and the arty splash has made them useless.

they are Russians if they don't get to complicate the crap out of everything around them they would not be themselves anymore :confused:

ObrumPL #34 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12858 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostMarkd73, on Jun 02 2017 - 15:06, said:

Can I make a suggestion, which being WG you will likely ignore.

You could improve customer trust if WG had communicated this policy clearly from the start. Instead we have all the resulting rage in game and in the forums from a badly communicated mechanic. I have to imagine the WG staff are starting to get their resumes ready if the company continues (from a marketing/PR perspective)  shoot itself in the foot, reload and do it again.

I love your game, but you are killing it with your lack of transparency, balancing choices and terrible communications.

On a separate note - We are not as dumb as you think we are. This is not about a new game mode, it is a transparent attempt to boost short term profits by getting players to play tier 10 and burn a ton of credits (thus needing premium time and premium tanks) is insulting. I would almost prefer if you were honest in your attempts to money grab. That at least would be novel and refreshing.

My guess that part was a sort of a plan 'B' only put in place because so many people don't like the whole idea of bonds etc. So if we just did not say anything Rubicon would have been implemented and this would be icing on Rubicon crap cake.

jd1986 #35 Posted Jun 02 2017 - 23:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 42 battles
I pretty sure the avoided saying you will be able to buy bonds. Lol is it me or anyone else reading in between the lines. And for [edited]sakes they didn't even really talk about the main [edited]keep equip only in ranked battles. Q and A lol is a joke bc it's them coming up with the questions avoiding the main concern

WileyCat #36 Posted Jun 03 2017 - 00:04

Captain

• Players
  • 28241 battles
  • [BTB] BTB

View PostScrubIord, on Jun 02 2017 - 16:19, said:

well the new equipment is end game equipment, so I don't see why people are saying ranked battles should be lower tier. Instead wargaming should make it so you cannot put that equipment on any tank that's not a tier10, this will stop people from going to low tier games 6-8 and just wrecking new players.

Personally I have been triggered by every move wargaming has made just for the sake of low exp players from making cw tier6 and tier8. We used to have to work our asses up to get to tier10 so we could enjoy tier10 end game cw, but now they made it so everyone can play cw at low tiers.

Now the next thing you know people will be able to get bonds in pub games maybe? So why even bother playing ranked at all?

Even their rank system does not seem that hard, from what I understand after playing test server is that there are only 5 ranks and a bunch of chevrons to gain ranks. Well if they want this system to work they will need to add alot more ranks, maybe to rank 10 not just 5, because as of now I think its just way too easy to reach rank 5. Look at Dota2 MMR system, you lose a game your MMR goes down, you win a game your MMR goes up but there are alot of MMR ranks from 1k MMR players (lowest level) to 8-9k MMR (Highest level). Each player gains or loses an average of 25 MMR per game and does not jump a complete rank in 3-5 wins (This forces the player to keep grinding and keep playing until he reaches the next rank). As of right now in WOT all you need is a few wins and once you reach Rank 5 you will never lose that rank, no matter how much you lose.

EXACTLY if you dont want to participate dont its that simple.

this game has needed endgame material for a long time now that isnt clan based we get it the [edited]ters come out of the cracks and screech like [edited]

ill see you in ranked scrub :justwait:

kingmeofme #37 Posted Jun 03 2017 - 00:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29339 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostWileyCat, on Jun 03 2017 - 00:04, said:

EXACTLY if you dont want to participate dont its that simple.

this game has needed endgame material for a long time now that isnt clan based we get it the [edited]ters come out of the cracks and screech like [edited]

ill see you in ranked scrub :justwait:

as i've explained numerous times, you can't just not participate. If you do so you will be at a disadvantage in campaigns, clan wars, random battles, on every playing field

WarMongers #38 Posted Jun 03 2017 - 00:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11967 battles
Season one ranked skill vs skill.  Season two skill vs skill with boosted equipment.  Season three skill vs skill with x2 boosted equipment.  Ya no issues at all ....

B00BLEMAX #39 Posted Jun 03 2017 - 01:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14557 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

Would be nice to see premium ammo become more affordable/balanced so that ranked battles are more based on skill than just another way for players to loose credits. 

+improved equipment and directives are a bad idea

rohanikov123 #40 Posted Jun 03 2017 - 01:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23212 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View Postkingmeofme, on Jun 03 2017 - 00:09, said:

as i've explained numerous times, you can't just not participate. If you do so you will be at a disadvantage in campaigns, clan wars, random battles, on every playing field

from what wg is saying it will be possible to earn improved equipment without ever playing a single ranked battle. This means you wont even need tier 10s to get improved equipment it will just be faster if you do play ranked battles.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users