Ping and Lag Spikes...since 9.19 (and probably before)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Crazy___Canuck #1 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 05:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17331 battles
  • [GUNS4] GUNS4

Yes.........it's really annoying.  Without any change to my setup, after the update to 9.19, my ping rates on NAwest increased by a minimum 30% (80-90ms to 110-120ms), with erratic jumps, at one time to 400ms.  I don't even play NAeast from the ping rates noticed at login.  I've heard plenty of others who have had similar issues since the update, and even back in 9.18.  What's the problem?  This is a computer/server based business isn't it? 

In general, I can understand tweaking of tanks, creating imbalance between tanks, selling op tanks, creating a new currency to get tier 10 players advantage over others in other tiers - all to create more profitable scenarios for the game creators.........but ignoring system issues that indirectly gouge users through affecting their ability to play whatever tanks one has either purchased or grinded for effectively, is more than unfair. 

Given the amount of people that have legitimately determined that it's the game servers - or the related connections to that server, I think it's only fair that that WG concentrate some of their efforts and wealth to give an effective game experience in the manner which, I think, was intended.  It's not fair to bleed the players into unintentional losses and ineffectiveness on the battlefield because poor system capability.  Gee, you think this could indirectly increases your profitability?  Is there a motive here?  There are plenty of ways that WG can make a profit - it doesn't have to be disguised through inaction in addressing the server issues that could allow players to play the game the way it was built and designed!  This is my opinion only, and hope I'm making a wrong assumption about this, as I don't think that a company could intentionally do such a thing.  That is, ignore system problems because it just adds to its coffers....hmmm, why fix things?  Play dumb and blame the players and their connections and such?   I hope that's not the case, as that would be immoral - especially to people that spend actual money on this game.  The people that support it's continued development, and support the salaries of all involved..... 

Anyways, I'm sure there are many people like me, middle aged wallet warriors, that get a lot of enjoyment from this game because it's cool and fun, and think it's okay to drop $100-$200 per month on this form of entertainment - however, also like me, I'm sure there are many others that are seriously reconsidering their spending habits.  I don't play CW, strongholds, tournaments and such.  I just play to grind, try different tanks, try to improve and move up through the tiers, so I can get a rush blowing up things.  I'm fine with that, because I have a life and this is the balance I seek from an online game.  But.....I do have an expectation once I break open my wallet, as you have an obligation to deliver what you market - you create a legitimate expectation (that's lawyer speak)!

So just sayin', I'm okay with losing because I'm crappy, and make poor decisions while playing, but it's not okay with me to spend my hard earned money on something that can't fundamentally deliver a effective gaming experience because it can't make proper efforts to ensure effective performance of it's game product.  This is 2017 right....computers, servers, the internet....they have been around awhile.  Causing people to not be able to control their tanks, miss shots, and make other compensations because of underlying system problems is not cool at all.  I submit that having sound and solid foundation systems should be priority and primary objective to its business model for continued sustainability.  Why wouldn't you want to keep a good thing going for years to come?

That said, prove me wrong, and make the honest effort to address this recognized problem for the sake of your player base! 

Thanks, and good luck to all tankers!

Edited by Crazy___Canuck, Jun 04 2017 - 05:35.

Freddie_Creamer #2 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 05:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11249 battles
I haven't lagged since before 9.18 came out, so it's working for me.

Crazy___Canuck #3 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 05:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17331 battles
  • [GUNS4] GUNS4
Well.......I guess this post doesn't pertain to you then.  Thanks for playing!  

Freddie_Creamer #4 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 05:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11249 battles
No problem. I always like to help wherever I can.:)

wkcw1 #5 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 06:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11527 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR

I have that exact problem. Sometimes the west US server shots up to 700ms whilst the east hangs around 100ms.... this can't be my router or a home internet issue... everything except WOT doesn't experience this, e.g. YouTube, Overwatch...

Anyway, just to say you are not alone...

Raptorslasher #6 Posted Jun 04 2017 - 06:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 6959 battles
yes they need to get under the hood so to speak and fix their game engine stability or whatever it is that manages the communication between the servers and the tons of players that r still attached to this game.  otherwise it won't survive the next decade, let alone half a decade.

YardbombEX #7 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 02:05

Private

• Players
  • 14005 battles

Im having the same issue. was ping at 30-40 now 129-299 with spikes higher. I have done troubleshooting both system and modem. Nothing has changed on my end, did full av scans malware and other scans. nothing. So it's got to be on WG's end and only since the 9.19 updates. Did an external ping came in at 29 so its got to be the game.

I7-6700-hq

12 g ram

64 bit

enterprise

Edited by YardbombEX, Jun 05 2017 - 02:09.

LeaveIT2Beaver #8 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 02:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 27850 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG
With the 3X bots playing, you are not missing anything. Go watch a movie.

Fat_Bob_1 #9 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 03:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 7217 battles
  • [WCSA] WCSA

Leave IT2 HER Beaver  You sir hit the nail on the head...so to speak. These f-ing clowns have NO idea how to run a gaming site! But in the interest of of the post, I've had the same issues too. Not that they'll do a damn thing about it though.

Hillyline87 #10 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 08:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

There are some funny effects.  While in the game as I target an opponent, the game freezes.  Over the next few seconds, I pull the trigger.  When the game 'catches up' a straight ray of light comes from my cannon and the other tank evaporates.  Sure makes the cheap T-22 Proto speak with authorati...Sweet!  Take that you massive heavies!  Its funny when I'm climbing a hill and it glitches.  The tank is half in half out of the hill with the treads still turning.  This hesitation in the game is a Son of A Glitch!  All being said none of this bodes well for on-line gaming.  I believe it is still necessary to have a game install and a minimal on-line presence.

hootie274 #11 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 03:55

Private

• -Players-
  • 3795 battles
every since last update no matter what NA server i am on i get on and off ping spikes to 999 and fps is very low. never had the problem before. set up the same so in my internet connection so its gotta be the WOT game. WOWP and WOWS run fine

Edited by hootie274, Jun 09 2017 - 03:55.

Lucky__805 #12 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 04:16

Private

• Players
  • 21951 battles
  • [MEX] MEX
yup its happening to me too ive put a lot of money in this game im getting tired of this im going to have to find a new game it seems

atomicfuture #13 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 06:54

Private

• Players
  • 20946 battles
  • [ZESTY] ZESTY

Experiencing the same thing, gonna copy my post from the other subforum....

Hey guys, I was having the same problem.  I was jumping from my normal 50-70ms up to 300 or so, about every 10 seconds , like clockwork.  Poured over the crap running on my machine with task manager, resource monitor etc for a couple hours.  I was able to narrow it down to the new launcher.  I shut it down, started WoT from the game folder , bypassing the launcher.  My connection seems to be stable now in game, only tested it for two games but it worked like a charm so far.  Maybe something in the new launcher is taking up unnecessary bandwidth?  This was ruining my tanking for the last couple of nights.   Hope this helps.

Technoide #14 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 21:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

Lag it terrible.... Checked my ISP Connection, My router and my WAP all are good. No issue with other multi-player games. last few ping results (1) 124ms (2) 450ms (3) 34ms (4) 1240ms (5) 780ms (6) 46ms

I too have spent a lot of money on this game! NOT COOL!  I'm on XB-1 and PC both have same issue.

mallet_1 #15 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 19:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30873 battles
  • [ZAP] ZAP

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jun 04 2017 - 04:28, said:

So just sayin', I'm okay with losing because I'm crappy, and make poor decisions while playing, but it's not okay with me to spend my hard earned money on something that can't fundamentally deliver a effective gaming experience because it can't make proper efforts to ensure effective performance of it's game product. 

Thanks, and good luck to all tankers!

Well said.

I have been getting a lot of unregistered ping.  I'll get a freeze frame of 3 - 4 seconds with ping showing two digits.  Further, I'm getting uncommanded control inputs.  I will be driving down a road, and the tank will go into a hard turn, sometimes for a full 360.  A number of times, that has put me off a cliff and into the water.  A lead-up to that is the turret will begin snapping 45 degrees to the direction of turn.  When that happens in close combat, I'm dead.  Controls are frozen.

mallet_1 #16 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 23:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30873 battles
  • [ZAP] ZAP
Really bad today.  Yesterday I bought 3 days of premium, and it feels like a waste.

eww_icky #17 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 03:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3081 battles

lag is bad now, and lag has been a unending issue with NA servers for a very long time. so, it's pretty good odds the NA office will never be fixing it.

I actually started a WoT EU account, just to see the difference.  pings are double - triple NA, but playing ( granted, tier 1 and 2 so far ) has been smoother than NA (same PC).

even if lag to EU starts being an issue at higher tiers, at least "crossing the atlantic ocean" will be a legitimate reason for lag.

UTurnTerminator #18 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 06:08

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6737 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
I wonder if there will be any sort of statement on this.

mallet_1 #19 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 00:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30873 battles
  • [ZAP] ZAP
Any chance of getting this fixed anytime soon?

SpectreNiner #20 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 02:22

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23163 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY
Yep, noticed the same thing.  At a [edited]160 ping right now.  I pingplotted the other day and once it got to Telia server [edited], it was routing through the [edited]UK.  What the [edited]over?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users