Ping and Lag Spikes...since 9.19 (and probably before)

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SpectreNiner #21 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 02:23

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 23260 battles
  • [F0XEY] F0XEY

View Postmallet_1, on Jun 10 2017 - 17:51, said:

Really bad today.  Yesterday I bought 3 days of premium, and it feels like a waste.

Well, yeah.  You're paying actual money for this and WG could [edited]up a 12 year old's wet dream.

firstcoffee #22 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 18:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 1394 battles

Its getting tiring as all to often, moving into the perfect ambush spot only to have the command controls freeze and watch helplessly as my tank continues to roll out into the open or over a cliff and get burned. Or firing on the opposition but no shells are being spent. Not only spoils my game play but also my teammates relying on me to hold my own. Checked and doubled checked, Its not a performance issue on my end. To bad, issues like this make a great game fall short.

Crazy___Canuck #23 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 22:17

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18412 battles
  • [GUNS4] GUNS4

You know.......was thinking, why would they want to fix lag and poor connectivity?  That would mean less missed and wasted shots by players, which in turn means less waste of credits and gold, which means less money making opportunity?  Short sightedness I'd say, and hope that isn't a current thought process.  Logic would recognize that people that would be happier, play more, spend more, if their gaming experience was more positive and a function of their skill level, rather than being crippled by things out of the player's control.  Is that such a bizarre concept to grasp?

Thinks that make you go 'hmmm'.........

ps........I'm masochistic optimist, and hoping that with 9.19.1, all things will become right!  ...I begging you!!  :unsure:

dnaman #24 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 23:10

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25488 battles
  • [_EOS_] _EOS_
Have all the same issues.  When platoon mates in other states are saying they are experiencing lag at the same time I am in game, how is that MY connection?  That is always the Wargaming response, however.  Usually I'm ok with their customer support, but the sever and network guys  don't listen to what you say, don't look at the ping reports other than to try and blame you or someone else.  No comments on other players experiencing the same thing in different states...

mallet_1 #25 Posted Jun 24 2017 - 20:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31467 battles
  • [ZAP] ZAP
Are we going to have to wait till the next full update to get this crap cleaned up?

mallet_1 #26 Posted Jun 28 2017 - 01:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31467 battles
  • [ZAP] ZAP
I guess you have to teach yourself to not be too enthusiastic about WoT.  Otherwise, the malfunctions will give you an ulcer.

UTurnTerminator #27 Posted Jun 28 2017 - 05:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6826 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

I left the game for a little over a week as the constant lag made the game unplayable. I hopped on tonight, thinking maybe things would be better in the early morning hours on Wednesday. Nope!

I'm really hoping WOT can get to the bottom of this, as I'd really like to play the game.

Edited by UTurnTerminator, Jun 28 2017 - 05:22.

Crazy___Canuck #28 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 01:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18412 battles
  • [GUNS4] GUNS4

Excuse my ignorance around this technical subject (probably not that technical...), but, can programs like pingblaster or wtfast (I think they're referenced as a vpn?) help with something like this? Or, because it may be the actual server that WOT uses, rerouting programs don't help?  

I live in west central Canada (Calgary, AB), and typically play NAW (90-110ms) vs. NAE (110-140ms) ping for me, with spikes occurring occasionally.  The other night my 90-110ms ping, jumped to double for some time......

Anyways......anybody have a success story using this kind of program?

Slimrock #29 Posted Jun 30 2017 - 11:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 22073 battles
  • [70] 70
Well when they moved to a new E server a while ago, I went from 50 ping to 120.  I can get on west at 80-90 ping but it takes a couple minutes to get a game.  Lag has been so bad lately my tank is sliding all over the place only to blow up or zip across the map once the lag is past.  Is this what NA players have to expect in the future, WG moving to some low rate server farm to save money and the heck with the players?  This is the reason Armored Warfare failed, no one wants to wait 2-3 minutes for a match.  Combine the damn NA servers and put them on a internet hub city like St Louis or Dallas.  Give SA and CA their own server.  Just saying, makes sense.

Edited by Slimrock, Jun 30 2017 - 11:25.

mallet_1 #30 Posted Jul 02 2017 - 20:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 31467 battles
  • [ZAP] ZAP

View PostCrazy___Canuck, on Jun 30 2017 - 00:42, said:

Or, because it may be the actual server that WOT uses, rerouting programs don't help?  

That may help some, but a lot of my problems are obviously not internet related.  When I am moving in a straight line with ping indicating two digits and my tank takes off in some cockamamie direction of its own choosing or goes into a hard turn, I don't see how that can be caused by the internet.

Belated happy Canada Day.

Gen_Parsons #31 Posted Jul 07 2017 - 20:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 9431 battles
  • [_WOLF] _WOLF
I too have been having this issue and have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why such issues are happening. I pretty much constantly run about 61fps and around 90 ping which has never been an issue before. I will add that I also play world of warships and run it with the ultimate graphics settings and never have this split second lag spikes so obviously it is NOT my system or internet. Like you I am an older man who enjoys this game and yes I too dump lots of cash to enjoy it even more. I play for the fun and strategy of it all trying to outwit my opponents. It is absolutely frustrating when I can't even have the chance to be somewhat competitive whether good or bad because of glitches beyond my control. I submitted a ticket which I am betting that I get the typical run around on. 

EmergingYeti #32 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 14:52

Private

• Players
  • 10334 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Ya, I have had a similar issue, about every 6 or 7 seconds I lose connection to the servers for about 2-3 seconds making the game unplayable. This has been an issue for me since the spring but it somehow worked in late july and early august. But now since they gave away premium and there is a x5 weekend the lag spikes are back. Wargamming NA needs to fix its servers it unbearable. I have stopped playing the game because of it. 

Cubert_Farnsworth #33 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 22:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 4749 battles
  • [SHAM] SHAM

Same here lag spikes are killing it. And it happens more often when I am engaging or making contact.

Ping shoots to 999 and holds for 4 or 5 seconds that way

I have sent in numerous support requests with all the the "little precious files" and tests they have you run. No issues on my end

Proc: i7- 6700K CPU @ 4.00 GHz 4.00 GHz

RAM: 16.0 GB

Vid: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

Google Fiber

and they reply with some BS canned message

I will NEVER give WoT another penny. I am done buying their Premium Tanks, buying Gold, and buying Premium account.....done! 

And yes, I am pissed! :angry:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users