9.19 Client Issues - Please Post Here

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

black_colt #1 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 15:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

As the 9.19 client has been released to all regions - please post your 9.19 client issues here versus in another thread so the Community can find them and help solve them.

When posting please include your hardware specifications, the version of OS X, and if you are running MODs [give the MODs].

In case you did not know - dstud208 has created the Studly Utility so that OS X users have an app that helps solve common issues with the game - look for a post from him and you will find the download link in the signature.

Edited by black_colt, Jun 05 2017 - 16:49.

black_colt #2 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 15:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

WarGaming does not support the WoT Mac Wrapper [to preempt all of those who come here and wonder why we have a separate thread]

http://forum.worldof...he-mac-wrapper/

Right now, all support for the Mac Wrapper will be done through this section of the forum. Once again:

ALL SUPPORT FOR THE MAC WRAPPER CLIENT WILL BE DONE THROUGH THIS SECTION OF THE FORUMS

Edited~ Support Tickets for the MacWrapper will be redirected back to the WoT MacWrapper Forums ~PIgeon_of_War

Never_Lose_Hope #3 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 16:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14458 battles
  • [-HOPE] -HOPE

Still the messed up friends list, that count?

black_colt #4 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 16:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostNever_Lose_Hope, on Jun 05 2017 - 07:24, said:

Still the messed up friends list, that count?

Yes unfortunately - it seems to be affecting users of the MS Windows native game and WoT Mac Wrapper - hopefully WarGaming will fix this soon.

Blaze_terror #5 Posted Jun 05 2017 - 17:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13463 battles
  • [UGKB] UGKB

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 05 2017 - 09:49, said:

Yes unfortunately - it seems to be affecting users of the MS Windows native game and WoT Mac Wrapper - hopefully WarGaming will fix this soon.

To late for many players that have left to other games that care about the quality of there product  . you would think the powers that be (wg) would have had it fixed in the 2 month time that it's been broken.  After all wot  is a team play based game and when players can't join with friends and platoon or even contact other players in game what good is adding new features to it 

nastykiller92 #6 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 16:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15886 battles
Well, updated my MacBook air to latest version and got a crash when trying to see what the other reward was for the medium tank rewards daily counter. I do want to know what it is. It is the bucket thing on it. Look on the 9.18 forum for specs, but change the version to the one that was recommended to me.

Edited by nastykiller92, Jun 06 2017 - 16:35.

black_colt #7 Posted Jun 06 2017 - 18:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postnastykiller92, on Jun 06 2017 - 07:34, said:

Well, updated my MacBook air to latest version and got a crash when trying to see what the other reward was for the medium tank rewards daily counter. I do want to know what it is. It is the bucket thing on it. Look on the 9.18 forum for specs, but change the version to the one that was recommended to me.

Are you running MODs?  The 9.19 client is very sensitive to MODs and it looks like they need to be checked each micro-patch.

If you are

then I recommend that you start the client in [Launch the game in safe mode] - click on the down facing arrow to the right of [PLAY] to see if it is one of the MODs

If you are not

then click on [SETTINGS] then [CHECK] to check and repair game integrity

Hope this helps ...

nastykiller92 #8 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 05:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15886 battles

View Postblack_colt, on Jun 06 2017 - 18:17, said:

Are you running MODs?  The 9.19 client is very sensitive to MODs and it looks like they need to be checked each micro-patch.

If you are

then I recommend that you start the client in [Launch the game in safe mode] - click on the down facing arrow to the right of [PLAY] to see if it is one of the MODs

If you are not

then click on [SETTINGS] then [CHECK] to check and repair game integrity

Hope this helps ...

Also, now, it crashes more often as much since the last hot update on Mac and Windows 10, the Windows 10 is from a friend of mine. The crash happen right after a game finishes and the result is is loading. I have a feeling this is caused by the hot fixes to try to fix ranked battles a bit.

Also, I will never run mods on tanks as I don't think you really need any as XVM is not fully reliable, considering I have seen a two marked Grille 15 tank running like someone that should be in tier 3 crowd skill wise, which probably means he bought it. A good chunk of mods are bannable and I have reported people that seem to be running those.

black_colt #9 Posted Jun 10 2017 - 05:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postnastykiller92, on Jun 09 2017 - 20:03, said:

Also, now, it crashes more often as much since the last hot update on Mac and Windows 10, the Windows 10 is from a friend of mine. The crash happen right after a game finishes and the result is is loading. I have a feeling this is caused by the hot fixes to try to fix ranked battles a bit.

Also, I will never run mods on tanks as I don't think you really need any as XVM is not fully reliable, considering I have seen a two marked Grille 15 tank running like someone that should be in tier 3 crowd skill wise, which probably means he bought it. A good chunk of mods are bannable and I have reported people that seem to be running those.

For OS X/macOS there is a utility from dstud208 - Studly Utility - that you can use to correct many issues with the WoT Mac Wrapper.

Look for a post from dstud208 - the download link is in his signature

Install the Studly Utility

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper - make sure all world of tanks processes are closed as well - use Activity Monitor and force-quit any processes

Launch the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Fix "Shutting Down" Bug]

Click on [General] then [Disable Torrents] then [Force Update]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper - if the wrapper needs to be updated follow the instructions - the latest version is 2.0.3.

Allow any game updates to be installed - if needed

Click on [PLAY] and you should be good to go.

If this does not work - IMPORTANT: This will reset any custom settings - e.g. reticle, window size, etc. so you will need to apply them again.

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper - make sure all world of tanks processes are closed as well - use Activity Monitor and force-quit any processes

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Slap WoT in the Face]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper

If this does not work then you will need to re-install the game.   IMPORTANT - Back-up your replays folder if you want to keep any replays.

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Delete Completely] then read the dialog box - and if you want to continue click on [Ok] and wait until completed

Go back to the Studly Utility

Click on [World of Tanks] then [Live Server] download the appropriate version and install

For MS WIndows - you will need to ask the MS Windows Forums how to fix.

nastykiller92 #10 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 05:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15886 battles

Well, just had something weird happen. Game crashed after my first match when I was trying to see my results of my first game a second time as I accidentally closed it. Good match, no mods.

I haven't use the deal to fix crashes I can't find the link for it.

Same set up as before.

Edited by nastykiller92, Jun 26 2017 - 05:34.

black_colt #11 Posted Jun 26 2017 - 17:57

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View Postnastykiller92, on Jun 25 2017 - 20:33, said:

Well, just had something weird happen. Game crashed after my first match when I was trying to see my results of my first game a second time as I accidentally closed it. Good match, no mods.

I haven't use the deal to fix crashes I can't find the link for it.

Same set up as before.

That is not unusual.  It happens to me on occasion. The WoT Mac Wrapper [WOMT] can be sensitive at times especially if you have the graphics settings set high.

Recommend that you log out of macOS/OS X and then log back in when that happens.

ScumbagCOS #12 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 06:31

Private

• -Players-
  • 16351 battles

When I try to install the most recent, ...

I double click the app (after install).  I get a dialog that says that WoT is shutting down.  I cannot even get to the client window

I am running a mismatch of early 2017 app and installed software and getting 20 fps

black_colt #13 Posted Jul 03 2017 - 17:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostScumbagCOS, on Jul 02 2017 - 21:31, said:

When I try to install the most recent, ...

I double click the app (after install).  I get a dialog that says that WoT is shutting down.  I cannot even get to the client window

I am running a mismatch of early 2017 app and installed software and getting 20 fps

There is an OS X/macOS native utility that should fix that - the Studly Utility.  Look for a post from dstud208 and look for the download link in his signature.

Steps

Quit the WoT Mac Wrapper. Make sure all world_of_tanks processes have quit.  Open [Activity Monitor] to check and force-quit any open processes

Install the Studly Utility

Open the Studly Utility click on [World of Tanks] then [Troubleshooting] then [Fix “Shutting Down” Bug]

Click on the [General] tab again and click on [Disable Torrents] and click on [Force Update]

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper

If the wrapper needs updating [this is different from game updates] then follow the instructions.

Allow the game to download and install any needed game updates. When done - click on [PLAY]

You should be good-to-go ....

Texas_Vet #14 Posted Jul 08 2017 - 00:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2118 battles
  • [ECV] ECV

I have a 6 month old MacBook Pro with all the Mac supplied updates.  No MODS for WOT.  I run WOT and WOW.

When I am out of my home, on occasion, the client will crash.  I will see the PING response to be in the low 100's before the crash.  The crash will usually come at the time when the game has ended and the scores are presented.  In my situations, I do not see the scores, and the client is reset at the authentication screen.

My assumption is that it is because the performance of the connection is the root cause - lame performance.  Tried to post a backtrace output in this message, but the it made the message too large.  If you would like for me to send it to you, please provide a method or an email address and I will send you two of them, different ISP's/wireless sources, different dates.

Regards,

John (Texas_Vet)

black_colt #15 Posted Jul 09 2017 - 17:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostTexas_Vet, on Jul 07 2017 - 15:23, said:

I have a 6 month old MacBook Pro with all the Mac supplied updates.  No MODS for WOT.  I run WOT and WOW.

When I am out of my home, on occasion, the client will crash.  I will see the PING response to be in the low 100's before the crash.  The crash will usually come at the time when the game has ended and the scores are presented.  In my situations, I do not see the scores, and the client is reset at the authentication screen.

My assumption is that it is because the performance of the connection is the root cause - lame performance.  Tried to post a backtrace output in this message, but the it made the message too large.  If you would like for me to send it to you, please provide a method or an email address and I will send you two of them, different ISP's/wireless sources, different dates.

Regards,

John (Texas_Vet)

Launch the WoT Mac Wrapper but do not click on [PLAY] - click on [SETTINGS] then click on [SUPPORT] and then click on [CHECK].

Also raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - select [Other / Unknown] for CrossOver version.

Here is the URL for your convenience - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

If CodeWeavers provides a solution, please secure their permission to post to this Forum and then post

If not, would you please provide the CodeWeavers Support Ticket so that others can reference to it when they submit Support Tickets.

Also you want to make sure that you are connecting to an 802.11ac only WiFi connection whenever possible versus a 802.11 a/b/g/n connection.

For me I only experience this issue when I am fast-forwarding through a replay - even with 80/90 FPS and under 50 ping over an 802.11ac only WiFi connection [177 Mbps with 13ms latency] - so I suspect that it is an issue with the WoT Mac Wrapper as IIRC having this issue when using MS Windows on my iMac and MacBook Pro [but that was months ago as I have since deleted the MS Windows partition because I was concerned about all of the ransomware going around for MS Windows].

Hope this helps ...

Edited by black_colt, Jul 09 2017 - 17:21.

MaxFodder #16 Posted Jul 15 2017 - 01:33

Private

• Players
  • 7541 battles
  • [NTANK] NTANK
So, I was playing on my Mac desktop before the update at work, playing fine.  Came home and played on my MacBook Pro, 2016 (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), memory 

8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3, grpahics Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB.  After the update, nothing.  I opened the app and it ran the updates, then said ready to play.  Now I keep getting the " can not connect to server" on both machines.  Not too excited, and I am hoping that its fixed soon?????  Bad week and I need to kill something.

black_colt #17 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 01:44

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMaxFodder, on Jul 14 2017 - 16:33, said:

So, I was playing on my Mac desktop before the update at work, playing fine.  Came home and played on my MacBook Pro, 2016 (13-inch, 2016, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), memory 

8 GB 1867 MHz LPDDR3, grpahics Intel Iris Graphics 540 1536 MB.  After the update, nothing.  I opened the app and it ran the updates, then said ready to play.  Now I keep getting the " can not connect to server" on both machines.  Not too excited, and I am hoping that its fixed soon?????  Bad week and I need to kill something.

There are several solutions posted by others in      9.19.1 Client Issues - Please Post Here     and I recommend you try them to see if they will work for you.

If not, then raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

black_colt #18 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 01:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostMaxFodder, on Jul 14 2017 - 16:33, said:

Does your work use a Class A IP range - e.g. XX.XXX.XXX.XXX and your home use a Class B IP range - e.g. XXX.XXX.XXX?

If so, raise a Support Ticket with CodeWeavers - https://www.codeweav...tact-us#support

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users