Arty is useless

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

DiomedesRS6 #81 Posted Jul 21 2019 - 19:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24360 battles

View PostStrangeTank105, on Jul 21 2019 - 10:47, said:

This is why arty is the way it is. The absolute hatred towards arty is what led to the bullet being placed in the class. I've been an arty player for a long time and have been through pretty much all the changes, I picked up arty tanks not as a "crutch" to get out of battling out. But as a method to just help and support my team mates. I agree though, the damage arty used to have as in one shotting high teir tanks was a problem and needed to go. We're lucky to get 300 damage on an enemy tank now, let alone if our shot will hit the target or veer off to the moon. I feel so hurt by the way arty is being treated, but we will always be hated. There is no hope for us. 

So I have to ask.  Why did you necro a thread that's 2 years old?

Copacetic #82 Posted Jul 21 2019 - 21:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 46674 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS

View Postrenamed_player1024943858, on Jun 06 2017 - 17:26, said:

A friend sent me this replay of him bouncing a t92 HE shell off a maus.

http://wotreplays.co...4943858-t92_hmc

Congratulations WG, you nerfed arty so hard and buffed the maus so much that if you actually hit the thing with the highest alpha damage arty in the game you manage to do 0 damage and you wont even track it.  If the shell had landed next to the maus it would have done splash damage but you see it actually hit it so it does nothing.

Another fine game mechanic brought to you by complete incompetence.

So a future reminder for all arty players, don't shoot at heavy tanks anymore, it is pointless unless you intend to miss them.

good now stfu

CrucibleSteel #83 Posted Jul 21 2019 - 21:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 32108 battles
almost all tank battles during WWll had arty support.....so cool the anti arty talk and check history.

Numerius_Titurius_Sophus #84 Posted Jul 21 2019 - 21:43

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14989 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

good....gooooooddddd....GOOOOOODDDD!!

That being said, I have pretty much swapped out one piece of equipment on all my heavies and even some mediums for a spall liner.  It really does seem to help.

Also, never feel sorry for arty or insurance companies.  Never.

Edited by Numerius_Titurius_Sophus, Jul 21 2019 - 21:45.

TheAquaLung #85 Posted Jul 21 2019 - 22:16

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10687 battles
A sample of one does not support your case very well.

jimmy_dice711 #86 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 06:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27045 battles
  • [GRSR] GRSR

View PostBeltfed_, on Jun 06 2017 - 11:39, said:

My heart bleeds for the poor downtrodden arty players.....NOT.     Here's an idea, drive a tank, WoT is at least in theory a TANK game.  Arty is a plague on the game that has become much worse since the 9.18 arty buff.   I would really like to see WG eliminate arty altogether but don't consider that likely, since they want to have something to sell to players that are not competent to drive tanks.

Renamed should look up "penetration" and study it thoroughly, it will help him understand why his shells bounce off of heavy armor.

Ahhh, so..... What you actually meant to say was?
"I'm soooo happy I can now once again, just sit back on the red line in any of my new, always 100% bias Russian TD/med/heavy/light tank's while doing nothing (but fire 2-3 shots a game) and, while laughing at 3 art player's shooting/hitting me behind a bush/out in the open, or behind red line rocks 5 times (just only now stunning me & not really hurting my tanks) & as I still do more XP & Dmg somehow, than all them sucker's out front, actually putting in the work for 5-10mins shooting/spotting/tracking all game? I mean, so I can shoot un-spotted & still be on top @ the end game stat's due to art now being useless & I don't die from being hit anymore from them & I can be stupid sitting there???? Of course I'm all in on that!!!" Pfft......

jimmy_dice711 #87 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 07:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27045 battles
  • [GRSR] GRSR

View PostDuma, on Jun 06 2017 - 19:30, said:

Arty is now what it was way back.  Support.  Problem is that no one.  Let me stress no one again. Knows how to team play with arty.

And unfortunately no one seems to care to learn.

You are 100% correct... 9 art players out of 10 never were here back from day #1 of this game & don't know what they are doing.. I find that pretty much, 100% of the time I'm in a game with my art's? I'm the only actually (counter art'g & looking for tracers) from those noob, easy to kill arts who hide/fire in the same weak, typical spots on maps... Then after I (now stun even arts in this game?? Pffft!!) is when I focus on the top tiers & red line typical coward TD's who complained loud enough to cause the "nerfing or arts" in the 1st place... So all you'z new tier #1 >>> buying your way instantly to tier 8/X players, who decided to come into the game in 2014 & then crying about "I'm sick of art's killing me out in the open!!!">>  who all got my B.Ct tier X art made useless (after I actually put in the time & long hours grinding lines, then the added 4-5 years of winning land playing during Clan War's/Stronghold's that SOMEHOW don't count for "stats" <(just random's does huh?) & ME actually EARNING MY TANKS, not just instantly buying my way thru lines to X's with mom's credit card?? Ya... You all won. I sold my useless BC art 2 years ago that don't even really "stun tanks" anymore... Congrat's you Russian TD/heavy playing OP coward's!!!!!

ShadowDancer27 #88 Posted Jul 27 2019 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 29965 battles
I suspect they nerfed HE in general.  I've had some arty direct hits on softer targets than the Maus "donk" for zero damage.  I also buying time in the early hull down stalemate spent a few Obj704 HE rounds on a 705 and the turret roof held up for zero damage.  Maybe it hit the front 230 mm instead of the supposed weak roof but whatever.

The_War_Master_2019 #89 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 02:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1632 battles
Welcome to dealing with armor. Aim next to him next time

Lowsmoke #90 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 17:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 19001 battles
Listen Bottom Line you cant sell tanks if Arty can 1 shot them ....games so far south of real what it was .... Heavies own this game or i should say cry babies ...

Arclyte #91 Posted Jul 28 2019 - 18:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17768 battles

I wish it was useless

Arty is still clicking people for 500 damage and stunning them

WG would make so much more money if they just removed this crap

ProfessionalFinn #92 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 03:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 25803 battles

Yuri53 #93 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 05:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28682 battles

View Postlittleleopard12, on Jun 06 2017 - 11:37, said:

I haven't watched the replay. but I bet that the T92 is probably shooting AP which would bounce and not to any damage, which also means that the replay was taken before the arty nerf as high tier arty don't get ap shells anymore. 

I just bounced a HE round off a Maus with a T92...left a nice little "clink" sound. The original poster is correct.

Yuri53 #94 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 05:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28682 battles

View Postjimmy_dice711, on Jul 27 2019 - 01:11, said:

You are 100% correct... 9 art players out of 10 never were here back from day #1 of this game & don't know what they are doing.. I find that pretty much, 100% of the time I'm in a game with my art's? I'm the only actually (counter art'g & looking for tracers) from those noob, easy to kill arts who hide/fire in the same weak, typical spots on maps... Then after I (now stun even arts in this game?? Pffft!!) is when I focus on the top tiers & red line typical coward TD's who complained loud enough to cause the "nerfing or arts" in the 1st place... So all you'z new tier #1 >>> buying your way instantly to tier 8/X players, who decided to come into the game in 2014 & then crying about "I'm sick of art's killing me out in the open!!!">>  who all got my B.Ct tier X art made useless (after I actually put in the time & long hours grinding lines, then the added 4-5 years of winning land playing during Clan War's/Stronghold's that SOMEHOW don't count for "stats" <(just random's does huh?) & ME actually EARNING MY TANKS, not just instantly buying my way thru lines to X's with mom's credit card?? Ya... You all won. I sold my useless BC art 2 years ago that don't even really "stun tanks" anymore... Congrat's you Russian TD/heavy playing OP coward's!!!!!

I just came back after a 6 year sabbatical. Found that the anti arty rants by people who don't understand it or care to are still going on. Team play in this game is gone...period and that includes tanks. All people care about now is that Pe nis measuring contest of the WTR. As for Arty, its been nierfed into the ground...back in the day before the 3 artys per side limit and all the damage neirfs, Arty could 1 shot a tank. I have a bunch of top guns in arty pieces. Add in the RNG they added to Arty, the accuracy is pretty much gone too. But even today, your team arty can be your friend on the battlefield or your worst enemy.  Especially now that there is no team damage. You get tangled up with a tank in close, arty can hit it and not hurt you and save your [edited].  The problem is, the guys in tanks don't care about arty, they loath it in a match and refuse to defend it...unlike back in the early days when the whole team would make sure no one got back to the artys.  The old "clicker" tag was made up by those who cant figure out the length of time it takes a round to get to a target across a map and what effect the terrain will have, not to mention the movement of a tank. Be honest, besides a scout, who thinks about where their artys are to themselves? Do you go around a corner of a building or a rock so your own arty cant help you?  Do you consider the terrain or do you even think about the flanks of a map? Well, its all becoming a moot point now. I remember when there was 3 NA servers...now we are down to one...what's that tell people?

AnArmyofBun #95 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 06:43

Major

• Players
  • 12592 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostYuri53, on Aug 22 2019 - 21:49, said:

I just came back after a 6 year sabbatical. Found that the anti arty rants by people who don't understand it or care to are still going on. Team play in this game is gone...period and that includes tanks. All people care about now is that Pe nis measuring contest of the WTR. As for Arty, its been nierfed into the ground...back in the day before the 3 artys per side limit and all the damage neirfs, Arty could 1 shot a tank. I have a bunch of top guns in arty pieces. Add in the RNG they added to Arty, the accuracy is pretty much gone too. But even today, your team arty can be your friend on the battlefield or your worst enemy.  Especially now that there is no team damage. You get tangled up with a tank in close, arty can hit it and not hurt you and save your [edited].  The problem is, the guys in tanks don't care about arty, they loath it in a match and refuse to defend it...unlike back in the early days when the whole team would make sure no one got back to the artys.  The old "clicker" tag was made up by those who cant figure out the length of time it takes a round to get to a target across a map and what effect the terrain will have, not to mention the movement of a tank. Be honest, besides a scout, who thinks about where their artys are to themselves? Do you go around a corner of a building or a rock so your own arty cant help you?  Do you consider the terrain or do you even think about the flanks of a map? Well, its all becoming a moot point now. I remember when there was 3 NA servers...now we are down to one...what's that tell people?

No one with sense cares about WTR.  The game is aging. NA was never the best market. Sad yes but it’ll go on. 

I expect arty to be able to fire on key engagement locations. They can. They do. That’s it. 

ThePigSheFlies #96 Posted Aug 23 2019 - 13:24

Major

• Players
  • 74563 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostYuri53, on Aug 22 2019 - 23:49, said:

the years haven't been kind to your memory about the "old days" and 'defending arty'.  your account isn't that much older than mine, and I honestly don't ever recall such a time.  in fact I recall frequently that people would let me farm arty in my T-50-2 and then kill me after arty was dead.  but this was also a time of stupid arty queue flush times where 7 or more arty would be on each team...

as for arty being nerfed into the ground, that's a hilariously laughable statement.  yes, likely gone are the 10k dmg games for tier 8 arty, but it is way way more consistent now.  Despite my hatred of arty, I just burned a bunch of blueprints, and spent some frontline credits to get a Lorr 155 to use it for some coalition missions for the 279(e).  Full disclosure, I don't shoot at friends, clanmates, or purples when playing arty (unless they're on my black list, or if I'm in TD mode).  Yep, that's right, I'm playing arty for missions, and using xvm to reverse focus...\

oh, and the only time there has ever been "team play" was in organized tank companies, clanwars, or amongst your own platoon mates.  period.

this was my 5th battle in it:  http://wotreplays.eu/site/5001239#siegfried_line-thepigsheflies-lorraine_155_mle_51

sample count is still low, but the avg dpg in it is similar to the "pre-nerf" days of the school bus, and 40/43...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users