[World of Tanks] Micropatch 0.9.19_2

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

skychan #41 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 02:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 32719 battles

Please put Artillery back into platoons.  Limit it to one per platoon if necessary but let us be social in our play like every other tank type. 

5/10 two tier and 15 single tier combat spreads are better than 3/5/7, they make the battles more even, please consider making those modes more not less common.

Please make platooning dependent on the TOP tier a tank can see so that tanks with preferred matchmaking can platoon correctly. 

Argonaught_10 #42 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 09:27

Private

• -Players-
  • 7995 battles
The 3/5/7 spread in matchmaking is terrible. The number of blowout games seems to be through the roof since the change.

The_fox_prince #43 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 17:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 53540 battles

View PostArgonaught_10, on Jun 09 2017 - 09:27, said:

The 3/5/7 spread in matchmaking is terrible. The number of blowout games seems to be through the roof since the change.

For your information, the number of blowout battles has not changed since the beginning. Even in the ranked pub matches it still happens, as the players act little different than if they were not in the ranked mode, though less because there aren't players who haven't lost their way to tier 10 yet mudding up the works.

I have played this game for over 3 years now and as far as I can tell after over 40k battles in all modes the frequency of blowouts has not changed, only my contribution to either help win or lessen the hurt of being on the wrong end of a 0-15 to 5-15 match.

The number of careless, flippant players that get thrown together on one massive fail team I figure is about 10-15%, on some days over 20%. That is part of the 40% of the battles you will lose no matter what you do. Some of it is psychological, as in seeing a lineup they do not like or find themselves on a map they hate they do what they can to legally get out of the battle without using the desertion key. What else explains why a battle is essentially lost within 2 minutes or the teams seem to revert to the tier 1-3 practice of wandering into the open and sitting waiting to die? Too many players do not like what they see and essentially quit at the 14:58 mark in battle, but doesn't show up until the 14:00 mark arrives.

Having to depend upon player movement patterns to choose where I go is not helped when the tam races to the garage as fast as they can, not helping me become better at the game, in spite of what my overall stats say.

Most people will never be that 1 in 1000 player that masters most everything they play on every battlefield. That takes a special kind of brain wiring, which is why epic games alone are seen on youtube: if everyone could play that well, the game would be boring as dung and who would want to play it then?

And true, if wargaming wanted to show they are paying attention to more that the top clan revenue base they would fix the problem that keeps plaguing the chat and contact/friends list server and prevent it from happening in the future, including safeguards that new patches cannot cross to repeat the same old same old that is already way past old as a problem. I play the game and the only problem I cannot control (besides rollover defeats) is the ping rate, which could be my local ISP or an ISP between me and Minsk, as has been pointed out in the past.

Just play what you like and don't let the effluence ruin your fun.

Yes, this is a social contact MMO, but it not working is NOT the end of the world.

Edited by The_fox_prince, Jun 09 2017 - 17:38.

smokindrummer #44 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 19:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 23858 battles
  • [SG] SG

WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE IT ALONE IT WAS FINE AT 9.15 ITS LIKE YOUR TRYIN TO MAKE THE GAME WORSE,DONT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY IT, TEAMS ARE BAD,  T-6 IN A T-8  FIGHT IS JUST A JOKE, ARTY IS OP AND OVER PLAYED ALL THE BATTLES SHOULD BE RANKED ITS EITHER OVER KILL IN WIN OR A LOST,, THERES NO GOOD FIGHTS LEFT  SLOW THE TANKS DOWN ITS NOT NEED FOR SPEED ITS TANKS HERE'S AN IDEA,  ACTIVE THE SMOKE ON THE TANKS SO ONCE YOUR SPOTED U MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO BE ABLE TO GET AWAY, JUST NOT HAVING FUN PLAYIN THE GAME I USED TO LOVE, TRIED OF TRYIN TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME EVERY TIME I LOGIN,,SORRY BUT THATS MY 2 CENTS

Irish_luck #45 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 03:37

Private

• Players
  • 35591 battles

Not sure why WOT has a forum when it's so difficult to post your idea's on it. I have been playing the ranked battles now for a few days and I can honestly say WOT should have done more work on them before they released it. So far I've seen lots of players camping and most don't play to win, everyone just wants to be top 3 on the losing team. This has really made it difficult to enjoy and if I would make a suggestion I would allow people to keep the rank they've got and stop taking them away, this mode is frustrating enough without having to clime the latter everyday. Let's face it with everyone trying to get top3 it really sucks to work for days to get a level just to see it go away if you have a few bad games and god knows you get lot's of them. In the end the ranked battles are more about getting lucky than being good and that kind of sucks.

GHR1227 #46 Posted Jun 12 2017 - 17:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 51170 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

I have four words for War Gaming

FIX

THE

FRIENDS

LIST

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracker001 #47 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 01:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 48283 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostViper69, on Jun 07 2017 - 12:07, said:

because changing your mod folder from 9.19.1 to 9.19.2 is a difficult task for you. Or do you need a mod to help you with that's too.

​The main platform of any game or other program has no responsibility to see to it 3rd party applications [MODS]  continue to work after an update . There are too many mod devs to take the time and effort to see to it they work . Removing the resmod folder is my suggestion . I see that folder as a venerability for client side manipulation of game play . 

Edited by Tracker001, Jun 13 2017 - 01:05.

Bronco2219 #48 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 06:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27076 battles

View Postdance210, on Jun 07 2017 - 09:45, said:

Attention Tankers!

There are plans to release Micropatch 0.9.19_2 on June 8th, 2017

Maintenance will begin at 02:00 Pacific Time (09:00 UTC) and will last approximately one hour.

During maintenance, the World of Tanks servers will be unavailable.

Patch notes:

• Fixed the issue where the interface froze upon switching from the Ranked Battle missions screen to the Garage.
  • Fixed the issue with changing the chat’s window size.
  • Reintroduced the ability to lock the camera by pressing RMB after reassigning the button for target lock.
  • Fixed some technical issues.

When maintenance has completed please restart World of Tanks using the launcher file (WOTLauncher.exe) and ensure your game client updates properly.

If automatic updating has been enabled in the launcher settings, make sure that the client has finished updating.

So you did a micro patch to fix issues i did not have and now Clan/friends list does not work.  Cannot setup Platoons, cannot setup Strong holds.................... Wow just wow.  Thinking it is time to really fix this game by uninstalling.

1Cavman #49 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 12:07

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37056 battles
  • [M-M-E] M-M-E
Come on people... Get the bloody contact list fixed... Are you incompetent or just indifferent???

PALEJEDI #50 Posted Jun 13 2017 - 17:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 36145 battles
  • [MECHS] MECHS

View Post1Cavman, on Jun 13 2017 - 12:07, said:

Come on people... Get the bloody contact list fixed... Are you incompetent or just indifferent???

they replaced all their programers with people from BIOWARE out of austin that does work on SWTOR why it's going downhill fast..

SUHDTV #51 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 09:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • [CRF] CRF

View Post_Schneller_Heinz_, on Jun 07 2017 - 18:21, said:

How about fixing the contact list issue???

PS. But it seems that hell has to freeze over first in order for wargaming to fix that. Smile_sceptic.gif

TRUE WG YOU HAVE TO FIX IT I CANT CONTACT ANYONE FIX IT FAST!!!! WE ARE MAD!!!

SUHDTV #52 Posted Jun 20 2017 - 09:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3951 battles
  • [CRF] CRF

View Postskychan, on Jun 09 2017 - 02:07, said:

Please put Artillery back into platoons.  Limit it to one per platoon if necessary but let us be social in our play like every other tank type. 

5/10 two tier and 15 single tier combat spreads are better than 3/5/7, they make the battles more even, please consider making those modes more not less common.

Please make platooning dependent on the TOP tier a tank can see so that tanks with preferred matchmaking can platoon correctly.                                                                                                                    TRUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

Bone_Yard #53 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 00:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 20146 battles

View PostMaggz, on Jun 08 2017 - 14:24, said:

My contact list just started working one day, after leaving it open for a long while, it finally contacted the servers for its info and updated and has worked ever since.

I left mine on overnight, and nothing.  The last little micropatch fixed it for one day, but even then it wasn't fixed...i.e.  showing people in their old clans, people I had eliminated from my friends list...etc   Seems they could UNDO what they did would be the best thing to do until they can get their new thing working.   Hey, here's a novel idea....  How about actually testing it BEFORE you send it out...   Gee....what a concept.

Bone_Yard #54 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 00:31

Corporal

• Players
  • 20146 battles

View PostThe_fox_prince, on Jun 09 2017 - 10:36, said:

For your information, the number of blowout battles has not changed since the beginning. Even in the ranked pub matches it still happens, as the players act little different than if they were not in the ranked mode, though less because there aren't players who haven't lost their way to tier 10 yet mudding up the works.

I have played this game for over 3 years now and as far as I can tell after over 40k battles in all modes the frequency of blowouts has not changed, only my contribution to either help win or lessen the hurt of being on the wrong end of a 0-15 to 5-15 match.

The number of careless, flippant players that get thrown together on one massive fail team I figure is about 10-15%, on some days over 20%. That is part of the 40% of the battles you will lose no matter what you do. Some of it is psychological, as in seeing a lineup they do not like or find themselves on a map they hate they do what they can to legally get out of the battle without using the desertion key. What else explains why a battle is essentially lost within 2 minutes or the teams seem to revert to the tier 1-3 practice of wandering into the open and sitting waiting to die? Too many players do not like what they see and essentially quit at the 14:58 mark in battle, but doesn't show up until the 14:00 mark arrives.

Having to depend upon player movement patterns to choose where I go is not helped when the tam races to the garage as fast as they can, not helping me become better at the game, in spite of what my overall stats say.

Most people will never be that 1 in 1000 player that masters most everything they play on every battlefield. That takes a special kind of brain wiring, which is why epic games alone are seen on youtube: if everyone could play that well, the game would be boring as dung and who would want to play it then?

And true, if wargaming wanted to show they are paying attention to more that the top clan revenue base they would fix the problem that keeps plaguing the chat and contact/friends list server and prevent it from happening in the future, including safeguards that new patches cannot cross to repeat the same old same old that is already way past old as a problem. I play the game and the only problem I cannot control (besides rollover defeats) is the ping rate, which could be my local ISP or an ISP between me and Minsk, as has been pointed out in the past.

Just play what you like and don't let the effluence ruin your fun.

Yes, this is a social contact MMO, but it not working is NOT the end of the world.

Well said, but even at that, it doesn't eliminate the aggravation of paying for something you can't get, not to mention eliminating the possibility of getting a high number of points for tank rewards.  You do make good points, however.   

Bone_Yard #55 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 00:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 20146 battles

View Post1Cavman, on Jun 13 2017 - 05:07, said:

I'm beginning to think the latter...

Bone_Yard #56 Posted Jun 21 2017 - 00:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 20146 battles

View PostPALEJEDI, on Jun 13 2017 - 10:15, said:

they replaced all their programers with people from BIOWARE out of austin that does work on SWTOR why it's going downhill fast..

Perhaps a deliberate act to get out from under this game without a class actions suit??   Just a thought.

texassuns #57 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 01:26

Private

• Players
  • 37670 battles
  • [656TH] 656TH

every time you add a pach you kill our contact list and now our global map and skirmish is not working what the heck is going on with you guys

QWERTYEel89 #58 Posted Jun 23 2017 - 03:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23031 battles

View Postsmokindrummer, on Jun 09 2017 - 13:53, said:

WHY CANT YOU JUST LEAVE IT ALONE IT WAS FINE AT 9.15 ITS LIKE YOUR TRYIN TO MAKE THE GAME WORSE,DONT YOU WANT PEOPLE TO PLAY IT, TEAMS ARE BAD,  T-6 IN A T-8  FIGHT IS JUST A JOKE, ARTY IS OP AND OVER PLAYED ALL THE BATTLES SHOULD BE RANKED ITS EITHER OVER KILL IN WIN OR A LOST,, THERES NO GOOD FIGHTS LEFT  SLOW THE TANKS DOWN ITS NOT NEED FOR SPEED ITS TANKS HERE'S AN IDEA,  ACTIVE THE SMOKE ON THE TANKS SO ONCE YOUR SPOTED U MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE TO BE ABLE TO GET AWAY, JUST NOT HAVING FUN PLAYIN THE GAME I USED TO LOVE, TRIED OF TRYIN TO LEARN HOW TO PLAY THE GAME EVERY TIME I LOGIN,,SORRY BUT THATS MY 2 CENTS

Scream louder.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users