My take on the state of Wargaming

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #1 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7572 battles

Let's face it Wargaming is on a role to piss off all of their fan base by not listening to core needs. It took them until this year to come out with an apology for dragging their feet and staying focused to the needs of its players. So then they come out and say this year will be the year of big changes. They are going to update the graphics and it is now June. I highly doubt they are going to change anything at this point. 

The die hard fanboys will support their actions until they slide under the surface and sink with the ship. We demand things to change. You silence opposition on YouTube and try and sell premium vehicles that grow stronger with each iteration. I was a green player on my way to purple when I realized how much of a dog this game really is. World of Tanks you messed up. You messed with SirFoch with a Takedown strike due to copyright, how sad is that.

https://www.youtube...._id=3QMaRjMbwR4

Edited by Creeper_Peaper_Reeper, Jun 09 2017 - 20:31.

84Doc04 #2 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16408 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

Wow, are you seriously gonna beat this dead horse?

And it's "on a ROLL"  not role.....

_GeorgePreddy #3 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Yawn...

Insurrectional_Leftist #4 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:45

Major

• Players
  • 44283 battles

View PostCreeper_Peaper_Reeper, on Jun 09 2017 - 19:29, said:

Let's face it Wargaming is on a role to piss off all of their fan base by not listening to core needs. It took them until this year to come out with an apology for dragging their feet and staying focused to the needs of its players. So then they come out and say this year will be the year of big changes. They are going to update the graphics and it is now June. I highly doubt they are going to change anything at this point.

The die hard fanboys will support their actions until they slide under the surface and sink with the ship. We demand things to change. You silence opposition on YouTube and try and sell premium vehicles that grow stronger with each iteration. I was a green player on my way to purple when I realized how much of a dog this game really is. World of Tanks you messed up. You messed with SirFoch with a Takedown strike due to copyright, how sad is that.

https://www.youtube...._id=3QMaRjMbwR4

Yea, the Fanboys, shills, trolls, and their plants have killed/censored/and silenced this forum for any out spoken dissent on what's wrong with anything.  People have left this forum in droves.

uMadXD #5 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:46

Major

• Players
  • 19923 battles

indeed

Edited by uMadXD, Jun 09 2017 - 20:46.

ArmorStorm #6 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 20:52

Major

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
So much angst about a silly little arcade shooter game.  

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #7 Posted Jun 09 2017 - 21:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7572 battles

Just a mistake my friend not a big deal it happens, and just some thoughts on the topic. Not saying the game is going to fail but just pointing out some weird practices by a company that as of late has done some not credible things. If you don't see it that way than that is fine, again i thought i would share and maybe have a civil discussion on the matter. I am not asking you or forcing you to change your values. And as beating a dead horse this audio is about my issues with the game that happen to coincide with the handling of an event. A strong reaction followed by a reversal is a sign of weakness from a company. Look at Samsung and sales after their failure. Once again don't watch the video I don't care I was trying to start a constructive debate.

Edited by Creeper_Peaper_Reeper, Jun 09 2017 - 21:28.

Gaborsky #8 Posted Jun 17 2017 - 00:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 12419 battles
  • [XTERM] XTERM

Here is my personal take on the state of Wot and consequently WG ( i'm using Tanks as an indicator for the state of the company because..... I mean who really plays the warship or the airplane game?)

The fact that WG has gone down hill in the past few years is undeniable, which is what makes it so tragic. The core game of World of Tanks is so great, the mechanics it introduced to the FPS genre, and even creating its own genre of games essentially, is incredibly unique and undoubtedly specific to Tanks as it is the most main stream armored vehicle game out there. Indeed, WG has made a monopoly on this style of game, yet somehow with millions of players world wide and billions of dollars in profits, they are losing on their own home court. 

I attribute this failure to not listening to the core of skilled players, ie QB, Foch, AgingJedi, Jingles, and even the pros who play in WGL. People have repeatedly talked about some tanks being OP, nothing was done to change that, nothing about the premium ammo not having any down sides, etc etc. The list goes on. Honestly, it feels like WG wants to make cheap and quick money, sort of how like characters in sitcoms break their character traits just to get a cheap laugh out of the audience. Instead, wargaming should INVEST in the players, making the game fair, easier to learn. this would keep people playing it. Just look at the numbers... there are people who have played 40k+ games! What mainstream game can boast those numbers? Players love the game but are simply not listened to! 

Honestly, who asked for high tier light tanks? I literally have not heard a single youtuber or player say "hey, everything is fine in this game, the only thing it needs is tier X light tanks!" 

Wargaming needs to listen to player demand. Nerf the armor of OP heavy tanks, or reduce their HP along with the damage of premium shells. Hey, if you load gold to pen a Type 5, fair enough. but your ammo does not have a downside compared to the standard. Is that balanced? do you have a better alternative? No. it's simply pay to win. Why not have premium be a mechanic to counter thick armor but only do 200 damage??? Something to balance it. 

An even better example is the ranked battles. People have complained so much about the decal or emblem thing that increased your tank's stats temporarily that it was removed, because only Unicum players could get them, making them even better than the average player. So what does WG do? Introduce bonds and the whole OTHER slot for those consumables. LIke really? learn from your mistakes! Make rewards be custom skins, tanks, camo, something other than making players better! The gold guns in CS:GO are the best example!

This has consequently translated to the WGL not being taken seriously. I mean, other than hours put into the game, what mechanic or tools do pros from League and other well respected esports have that players do not? Nothing, they are simply better players. League doesn't have magic spells and skills that will completely unbalance them, the players are simply that much better than us plebes. Then, you look at WGL and they all fire gold, provided by WG..... What does that tell the average player?

So yes, without a doubt WG is tanking (no pun intended) big time. 3 things have become very evident recently.

1) It has become apparent throughout the Foch scandal that along with not listening to the player base, they suppress negative reviews and even punish content creators and high profile individuals. Instead of taking their advice or outrage as something that is well founded from experience, they call it bad-mouthing and ban players.

2) there is very little inter-server communication. Rewards are inconsistent, so are prices, patch releases and overall communication. (again, look at the Foch scandal, even the NA contributors got involved, only to have the RU guys jump in after, turning an altercation between him and Phelan into a 3 server wide bogus drama!)

3) The game has lost direction. Other than new tanks (tier 7 premium german td's and tier 8 soviet heavies), there is simply put not enough new content.... And the new content they do put is expensive to play so no one plays it. They should make those tier X game modes (you had to carry the flag, I forget what it's called or even the current ranked battles)  so that it limits gold amo, and you do not gain or lose credits and xp, so you could keep playing them for free, and recieve unique skins. what about a night time mode? Every tank has half the view range, but you have the option to turn on a headlight that would max it out, but destroy your camp so the enemy could see you spotting them? There are TONS of ways to keep the game interesting! What about new maps every patch? Bringing back the old ones? Holiday game modes? etc

Creeper_Peaper_Reeper #9 Posted Jun 17 2017 - 16:44

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7572 battles

View PostGaborsky, on Jun 16 2017 - 18:44, said:

Here is my personal take on the state of Wot and consequently WG ( i'm using Tanks as an indicator for the state of the company because..... I mean who really plays the warship or the airplane game?)

The fact that WG has gone down hill in the past few years is undeniable, which is what makes it so tragic. The core game of World of Tanks is so great, the mechanics it introduced to the FPS genre, and even creating its own genre of games essentially, is incredibly unique and undoubtedly specific to Tanks as it is the most main stream armored vehicle game out there. Indeed, WG has made a monopoly on this style of game, yet somehow with millions of players world wide and billions of dollars in profits, they are losing on their own home court. 

I attribute this failure to not listening to the core of skilled players, ie QB, Foch, AgingJedi, Jingles, and even the pros who play in WGL. People have repeatedly talked about some tanks being OP, nothing was done to change that, nothing about the premium ammo not having any down sides, etc etc. The list goes on. Honestly, it feels like WG wants to make cheap and quick money, sort of how like characters in sitcoms break their character traits just to get a cheap laugh out of the audience. Instead, wargaming should INVEST in the players, making the game fair, easier to learn. this would keep people playing it. Just look at the numbers... there are people who have played 40k+ games! What mainstream game can boast those numbers? Players love the game but are simply not listened to! 

Honestly, who asked for high tier light tanks? I literally have not heard a single youtuber or player say "hey, everything is fine in this game, the only thing it needs is tier X light tanks!" 

Wargaming needs to listen to player demand. Nerf the armor of OP heavy tanks, or reduce their HP along with the damage of premium shells. Hey, if you load gold to pen a Type 5, fair enough. but your ammo does not have a downside compared to the standard. Is that balanced? do you have a better alternative? No. it's simply pay to win. Why not have premium be a mechanic to counter thick armor but only do 200 damage??? Something to balance it. 

An even better example is the ranked battles. People have complained so much about the decal or emblem thing that increased your tank's stats temporarily that it was removed, because only Unicum players could get them, making them even better than the average player. So what does WG do? Introduce bonds and the whole OTHER slot for those consumables. LIke really? learn from your mistakes! Make rewards be custom skins, tanks, camo, something other than making players better! The gold guns in CS:GO are the best example!

This has consequently translated to the WGL not being taken seriously. I mean, other than hours put into the game, what mechanic or tools do pros from League and other well respected esports have that players do not? Nothing, they are simply better players. League doesn't have magic spells and skills that will completely unbalance them, the players are simply that much better than us plebes. Then, you look at WGL and they all fire gold, provided by WG..... What does that tell the average player?

So yes, without a doubt WG is tanking (no pun intended) big time. 3 things have become very evident recently.

1) It has become apparent throughout the Foch scandal that along with not listening to the player base, they suppress negative reviews and even punish content creators and high profile individuals. Instead of taking their advice or outrage as something that is well founded from experience, they call it bad-mouthing and ban players.

2) there is very little inter-server communication. Rewards are inconsistent, so are prices, patch releases and overall communication. (again, look at the Foch scandal, even the NA contributors got involved, only to have the RU guys jump in after, turning an altercation between him and Phelan into a 3 server wide bogus drama!)

3) The game has lost direction. Other than new tanks (tier 7 premium german td's and tier 8 soviet heavies), there is simply put not enough new content.... And the new content they do put is expensive to play so no one plays it. They should make those tier X game modes (you had to carry the flag, I forget what it's called or even the current ranked battles)  so that it limits gold amo, and you do not gain or lose credits and xp, so you could keep playing them for free, and recieve unique skins. what about a night time mode? Every tank has half the view range, but you have the option to turn on a headlight that would max it out, but destroy your camp so the enemy could see you spotting them? There are TONS of ways to keep the game interesting! What about new maps every patch? Bringing back the old ones? Holiday game modes? etc

Well stated and thank you for sharing. I think people feel when we talk about these things we are bashing the game somehow and want it to fail. I do not personally as I really like the core mechanics as you said. But we must be honest it has lost direction and not given us things that were promised. I took a break and came back, opened the game and it was like a 2011 flashback. On my 1440p monitor the ground textures and map items look horrible and it has been this way for a while. I really hope they get their stuff together and make this game great again.

_Sterben_ #10 Posted Jun 17 2017 - 16:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1130 battles
I like how this Thread is on Fan "ART"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users