Game Center: Good idea, currently worthless

2 replies to this topic

LockeCole #1 Posted Jun 11 2017 - 00:38

Private

• Players
  • 18226 battles
  • [ICB] ICB
I try to give World of Warplanes another chance and it forces me to download the game center, then once I am in it basically forces all my WG games into it. Good idea at heart, but it has made all my games unusable. I can't play my game without it, I can't update my game because it won't connect, when it does connect it works for a solid 30 minutes then it bottoms out my internet connection, disconnects everything on my PC from the internet then only downloads the patch at 100kbs. So no to hell with this program, I am not using a buggy BETA client that can't even connect properly half the time.

Also whoever thought this was a good idea to force a BETA client is an [edited].

Lexus11 #2 Posted Jun 14 2017 - 05:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 14062 battles
  • [SOL] SOL

Same problem here but I was able to install WOT and WOWS without the game center. For now. No problems with running those games. Like above WOWP requires the game center and causes my internet to drop to the point it actually knocks out my internet connection (Antivirus/Firewall is good) I then have to disable/enable adaptor then reboot the router then computer and it reconnects.I have unchecked all boxes in the game center but it still pops up to check for updates. This is my main computer and is hardwired to router.

Funny thing is I am able to run the game center on my weak laptop (wireless) without any problem. So after I downloaded WOWP on laptop I copied the game folder and added it to my main computer. I am able to play WOWP providing I can exit the game center before it bottoms out my internet.

Based on above there has to be a program on my main computer(hardwired) that is conflicting with the game center causing the internet to bottom out. So far I cannot identify the conflicting program.

Edited by Lexus11, Jun 14 2017 - 05:13.

LockeCole #3 Posted Jun 14 2017 - 16:28

Private

• Players
  • 18226 battles
  • [ICB] ICB

I have no idea what causes the problem, but after reinstalling WoT and WoWS by themselves I can actually play again, and I went through 4 times trying to find something that could be the problem and I didn't find anything on my desktop that could conflict that wasn't already disabled or given an exception

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users