Server switch Na to EU Region switch Change server NA EU

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

SgtDoe #1 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 22:35

Private

• Players
  • 31077 battles

Hello fellow tankers,

I have created my account in the North American region 4 years ago despite being European (google.com did use to send you to the NA region site and there was not any warning to switch to EU at that time), I did not realize how much of an issue it could be at the early stages of my player life and decided not to recreate an account in the EU region due to the amount of time and money I had invested in my NA account. Playing on the North American server is not a pain, despite not being able to participate actively in the CW season and a moderately higher ping than on the EU server there were no real reasons for me to ask for an account switch.

However WG released last week a new patch where they presented a new game mode, the ranked battles, a more competitive mode where players compete for a new in-game currency which enable rewarded players to increase their equipment performance and skills in ranked AND standard battles. Problem is, ranked battles are only available during non-cease fire periods which are between 1 and 4 am GMT time and therefore it is not possible for most of the European players on the NA server to play regularly the ranked battles.

I therefore sent a ticket to the NA and EU support in order to explain my situation and ask for a region server switch due to exceptional circumstances, as most of you already guessed the answers I received were no, no and no…

While I understand that the current position of Wargaming is basically no unless you are a VIP or in order to migrate to a new server, I decided that it was too much as here we are talking about any person who is not in the correct time zone not being able to enjoy the full service of the game and will therefore be less performing that other players.

The current position of Wargaming, is the following, we do not allow region transfers as it is technically impossible (….. really ??? so the mass transfers to the Asian server were done with magic ???) and it is against our policy.  This is not true, first it will need an effort from their support team and I am not denying that, however they can do it and they would do it if it was helping them get more players, but the truth is WG Europe and WG North America are different branches of the same consolidated companies, therefore, each region is competing with the other for players (and therefore our money), then it gets really easy to understand why they do their best to retain as many players as they can, and even if they lose as a few as long as the European server does not get them (sad but true).

There are not many things we can do to try to make them start caring about their players and set up some account region switch; if we individually send a ticket to support they will just tell you to check the news page and that they will not do it … As I think I am not the only one in this situation we should get together, show how many of us are requesting such transfers and probably rethink our customer behavior (if we are not free to play players) until we get what we want.

Let me know what you think and hopefully we can make WG change their mind on this nonsense!

johnmadara #2 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 22:44

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

how and why did you spend a full 4 years knowingly playing on the wrong server? and only want to switch servers now that ranked came out? and its probably alot of work and effort for WG to transfer accounts for it to be done at any time for any player which is most likely why they are very strict (or simply dont allow it)

View PostSgtDoe, on Jun 15 2017 - 21:35, said:

show how many of us are requesting such transfers and probably rethink our customer behavior (if we are not free to play players) until we get what we want.

another "I spend money on a free game on my own free will therefore I should be treated like im special"

SgtDoe #3 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 22:54

Private

• Players
  • 31077 battles

View Postjohnmadara, on Jun 15 2017 - 21:44, said:

how and why did you spend a full 4 years knowingly playing on the wrong server? and only want to switch servers now that ranked came out? and its probably alot of work and effort for WG to transfer accounts for it to be done at any time for any player which is most likely why they are very strict (or simply dont allow it)

another "I spend money on a free game on my own free will therefore I should be treated like im special"

Hi John I requested for the first time an account switch a year after starting to play, you don't really have time zone issues if you play random queue until you find out about clan wars and by then you already invested a lot of time into the game but yeah definitely I should have thought this through.

However you are absolutely wrong about the second part, I don't feel special when I pay or when I don't ... I am requesting a mass transfer for everyone I just stated the money issue as a reason why not switching to the EU server, but obviously I am not going to purchase WG products if I cannot benefit from the full service of the game ...

Edited by SgtDoe, Jun 15 2017 - 23:00.

bockscar43 #4 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 23:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25616 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
Perhaps wots should have a set fee for transferring your complete account to another server instead of opening a new account and starting from scratch. That fee would compensate wg for the effort put forth as in resources, that fee would be in hard currency as in any other financial transaction with wg....just sayn. 

NZgramps #5 Posted Jun 15 2017 - 23:54

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 26979 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD

I am seriously considering a switch but i dont think its possible, by the time i get home from work and put my daughter to sleep the NA servers are dead and the Ceasefire is in place so never get a chance to play this mode which i rate really highly compared to the shambles that is the standard ranked battle mode.

Have been a Beta Tester since 2011 so it may prove impossible to switch my account with all the tanks i have etc.....

Still theres always hope

Timdraco #6 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 00:04

Private

• Players
  • 1955 battles
  • [NAM] NAM
I started out on the EU server due to a friend playing on that server. Now im on the american servers due to living in the us. Ive got 2 accounts and would love to be able to merge my eu account over with my us account. Or at least give me my premium tanks i payed for on the eu server. I agree with original poster that its super easy to transfer crap from server to server due to the code redemption system working that way. Ive used eu codes on my us account so i know they can do it.

Silent_Assassin_2010 #7 Posted Jun 16 2017 - 05:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 2716 battles
I am with SgtDoe this should be a simple fix for WG. Only time will tell.

SgtDoe #8 Posted Jun 17 2017 - 13:08

Private

• Players
  • 31077 battles

View Postbockscar43, on Jun 15 2017 - 22:42, said:

Perhaps wots should have a set fee for transferring your complete account to another server instead of opening a new account and starting from scratch. That fee would compensate wg for the effort put forth as in resources, that fee would be in hard currency as in any other financial transaction with wg....just sayn. 

This could be an idea, however it would be hard for them to implement that as this is an option available in most free to play games

View PostNZgramps, on Jun 15 2017 - 22:54, said:

I am seriously considering a switch but i dont think its possible, by the time i get home from work and put my daughter to sleep the NA servers are dead and the Ceasefire is in place so never get a chance to play this mode which i rate really highly compared to the shambles that is the standard ranked battle mode.

Have been a Beta Tester since 2011 so it may prove impossible to switch my account with all the tanks i have etc.....

Still theres always hope

Good for you NZgramps they extended ranked battles for a few hours, hopefully you should be able to participate now 

https://worldoftanks...ded-times-faqs/

Unfortunately it does not change anything for people playing from Europe.

LpBronco #9 Posted Jun 17 2017 - 14:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 36951 battles
  • [_F_] _F_

View Postbockscar43, on Jun 15 2017 - 17:42, said:

It's a business and some remuneration would be appropriate but the file is a data set and wouldn't be that difficult to copy and transfer. 

JammyTanker #10 Posted Jun 18 2017 - 02:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 1847 battles
  • [T-E] T-E

yea i fully agree with this i was on google wanting to download wot again and i downloaded it all and it all went fine but then i noticed my ping was high but i thought it was just wots side and then much later i had my T28 prototype abd i just realised i was on the NA server :/

And yes i should off looked more carefully but i wouldn't mind paying a little money to move my account over

Nemanja89 #11 Posted Jun 18 2017 - 13:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 33773 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI
WG recived like 5 tickets from me about transferring from NA to EU, and i was getting always the same answer. Answer was nah bro play on NA or create new account on EU :P

Vote my post up, because i'm so cool

Edited by Nemanja89, Jun 18 2017 - 13:53.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users