Drive a Tank: Kasota, MN on July 15, 2017

• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Shibadogdog #101 Posted Aug 03 2017 - 02:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38529 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Support gave me an email address for the event management on 7/28 I have yet to receive any response from them, what's more I reopened my support ticket ( they closed it after giving me the email) that was 2 days ago no response to that. I have a bad feeling about ever receiving any of the promised goods let alone compensation. It would be nice if they would post a blanket statement as to how they intend to deal with these issue's for EVERYONE involved. They specifically stated on several occasions in writing that only the paid ticket holders would receive any of the extra items. 

landedkiller #102 Posted Aug 03 2017 - 04:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
It is very frustrating I really want to create a youtube video on it but I am a novice on it. The only thing we can do is ask outside people like IGN to perhaps do a video on it. This is the stupidest thing I have ever seen any company in my life due not putting out a blanket statement like you said or any form of communication other than one email. It is clear that they are trying to do damage control by ignoring tweets sent to them. Wargaming you need to grow up and show some customer service I work in customer service and if my employer did this a lot of people would stop shopping there.

Clown68W #103 Posted Aug 04 2017 - 16:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12532 battles
  • [HARMZ] HARMZ

View PostShibadogdog, on Jul 30 2017 - 14:56, said:

Happy to see some of you are getting compensation, they haven't offered me anything. Last I heard they don't even have a timeline for shipping seems like this is a low priority for them. I bought tickets for myself and my son, I really can't say I'm very happy with them. 

Same here. got no tank yet.

Edited by Clown68W, Aug 04 2017 - 16:19.

Thundersleet #104 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 10:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Let's Battle Tour Hits Conneaut, OH   Where's the thread? I'd like to share some pro-tips for attending a Wargaming event. 

You have to buy tickets for the Ohio event by Aug 6 to get custom swag.

Pro-tip 1 : Don't expect to get ANYTHING for buying a ticket that the free or unregistered people aren't getting. If you want to donate to the cause give directly and the middleman won't take their fees for processing your donation.

I still haven't heard or received any "custom swag" after sending in my info after the Minnesota event. Has anyone? 

Pro-tip 2 : Don't expect Wargaming to compensate you if they screw up the event and don't do many things that are promised. (Although some people that were treated better at the event than you may be compensated with rare unavailable premium tanks.)

Edit: I am updating this post because Wargaming has delivered on the custom swag for my wife (RoamingGnome) and I. 

Pro-tip 3 : Wargaming will deliver on the goods if you give them some time. There actually is someone in the Customer Relations department that is taking care of making things right.

Edited by Thundersleet, Aug 16 2017 - 16:39.

landedkiller #105 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 15:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostClown68W, on Aug 04 2017 - 09:06, said:

Same here. got no tank yet.

I am trying to get an article published on this through ritastatusreport if you guys could message her it might help the article get published

Sic_Transit_Gloria #106 Posted Aug 05 2017 - 21:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9699 battles

Because there is no other place to put it, here's my review of this event.

1. What I did:

I live in MN and was very excited to see a WG event in my state. I registered early, all the way back in May. I bought a VIP ticket. The e-mail containing information about parking, scheduling, etc. arrived the night before the event. When it arrived, I was worried that my dad (who had not bought a ticket) would not be able to get in. I emailed the coordinator and got back a reply that it would be okay.

My dad and I drove to Kasota, arriving at 5:30. We parked in the far back of the lot, and received a ride in a military truck from the gravel pit parking to the front entrance of the event. The event was supposed to start at 5:00, however a large line was out front of the main building. It took us an hour to get through the line, thankfully WG staff supplied waterbottles at 6:00 to those of us still in line. At the front door, we each received a lanyard (without nametag), a sheet of bonus codes, a Let's Battle Tour coin, a ticket for one tank ride, a raffle ticket, and a sheet for "twitter bingo" through which you could get a free shirt and poster. My dad had to wait until the end of the line to get in with a general admission ticket (free, but without personalized swag). We were told the personalized bags and shirts were being made, and when they were ready, I would be texted.

We ate supper first. Catering had provided buffet pulled chicken or a chicken breast for an entree, with watermelon, chips, and pop for sides. (There was also a small bar, but I didn't check that out.) Next, we ventured around the facility, looking at what was being offered. The Chieftain had just smashed a car, and was proudly perched atop it. A T-54/55 and (a tank I can't remember) sat off to the side with videos playing on small screens informing the history of the tanks. Four sets of gaming stations were set up, with one line each for WoT, WoWs, WoWp and console. (Blitz was not present.) Inside a building, a Centurion provided a backdrop for free photos, 5x7 glossies, printed on site. Finally, there were two lines for the tank rides.

After signing the waiver for the tank rides, I went to the WoT gaming stations and proceeded to wait for half an hour in a line that never moved. Finally, I went to Warships and immediately got a seat. It was my first time with WoWs, and I played mediocre, but a staff member still gave me a WoWs pin. When I told him that I was really interested in WoT, he gave me the two pins for those.

Next both of us got in line for the tank rides. There were actually two lines, one for the M4A2 Sherman, and one for the two personnel carriers. Naturally, we got into the Sherman line, but when an employee told us that there might not be time to get a ride (whatwith the huge line and the tank only being able to carry three people), we switched to the APC line. An enclosed British APC and a WWII halftrack were running around, after standing in line five minutes, we were placed in the APC. The ride was dark, warm, and breeze-less, but it had some length. After we finished the ride, we asked the people taking the tank ride tickets if we could go again in the halftrack, because there was no one in line anymore. They said no, not without a ticket. Sadly, we were never able to get another ticket.

After asking some of the staff, we found Meathead Militia. We chatted a bit, got a picture, and later an autograph. He was friendly, and there was no line to see him.

It was after ten when they did another tank crushing. A few lucky gits got to ride in and drive (!) the Chieftain as it crushed not one but two cars. When this was finished, they did the raffle, based on a ticket received at the gate. They gave away many mice and keyboards, three 1080 graphics cards, and even a tank package at Drive a Tank. This was the final official event of the night. We had not been texted about picking up the swag, and staff informed us that if we put our address in a website, it would be shipped to us. I did, however, get my free shirt for the Twitter Bingo. It was 10:30 PM, and by the time we were home, it was one in the morning.

A followup e-mail arrived about a week later, apologizing for the delay in the free stuff, and informing us that a review e-mail would be arriving soon. It hasn't arrived as of 8/5/17.

2. The Cool Stuff:

• At $20, the event was cheap. Also, the $20 I did pay was donated to charity.
  • Free, unlimited food. After supper was done, cookies were brought out instead to munch on.
  • Great access to NA celebrities. Meathead was there, as was Trobsmonkey, JunkersHiryu, Tragicloss, and others. All of them were wandering around, and would gladly talk, take photos, and sign autographs.
  • Free tank ride. Good luck getting a tank ride or an APC ride anywhere else for $20 or less.
  • Two tank crushings. Unlike the "Crushing it" event, these crushings involved a massive MBT, and full-size cars.
  • The photos in front of the Centurion were high quality, and multiple photos could be taken.
  • The lines for the APC rides, food, and Centurion photos were short, and sometime nonexistent.
  • Relatively small event. Judging by the raffle numbers, about 850 people were present. The space wasn't huge, but it was enough to disperse the crowd.
  • Tons of raffle prizes, and many high-value prizes. Three 1080 NVIDIA graphics cards were given away, and a package for Drive a Tank (worth $2500 according to the website) were given away.
  • A couple tanks and many tank parts were just lying around, and could be seen up close.
  • Staff was generous with free stuff. I got the WoT pins, got a twitter bingo shirt, and got some extra stuff at the front entrance while leaving. This were things I got because I asked the staff.

3. The Not-so-cool Stuff:

• Line at front gate took over an hour to get in, even though we were a half-hour late.
  • Line at WoT gaming stations did not move. Literally. The people sitting at the computers would play battle after battle, and no one stopped them.
  • Line at Sherman was way too long. Two hours before the event ended we were at the back of it, and were informed that there would not be enough time for us to get to the front.
  • The enclosed APC had no windows. There was no way to see outside.
  • Even though the line for the APC was nonexistent, we could not get another ride.
  • Two machines were printing personalized swag for everyone, on site. Over half the people there probably did not get their stuff before leaving.
  • "In depth historical information" was limited to two looped videos in front of two tanks. No tours, no posters, no exhibits.
  • No discussion panel.
  • Did not receive my free customized shirt, bag, and ID Badge.
  • Prior information was lacking.

4. My Thoughts:

I was told that WG had planned for 700, expected 200, and got over 800. While the place wasn't packed, many aspects of the event suffered due to poor organisation and preparation for the resulting crowd. At the forefront of my criticisms is the lack of pre-printed swag. My information had literally been in their files for two months prior, and yet they didn't make anything until the event started. I'm now doubtful I'll get any of it at all.

A second criticism was the lack of information leading up to the event, again an organisational issue. Facebook admins merely told me "Watch your email!" and "Information is coming soon!" when I posted questions on their page. Parking information, schedule of events, a map, what to expect, etc. was remarkably vague. "Soon" turned out to be the night before the event. I panicked when I realized I didn't know if I could get my dad into the event without preregistration. Fortunately, the event admin emailed me back almost immediately and reassured me he would get in.

Overall, however, the event was fun. Free stuff, things to do, and the once in a lifetime opportunity to ride in a tank was well worth the $20 ticket and the drive. I do hope they take the lessons learned in Kasota's event to heart, and come back to the Midwest soon.

landedkiller #107 Posted Aug 06 2017 - 17:23

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
Okay Ohio event goers bring a huge big thing of water with ya as it can get hot in Ohio from what I hear. Also try to seek out a wargaming persona s they will know what is going on with the evnt and all of that. Hopefully you get some guys with PA's walking around.

landedkiller #108 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 16:13

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
https://m.youtube.co...h?v=dzNTdckq81Y The Wargaming video on the event notice how their is no camera shot of the lines in either the tank rides or the merch table. Everyone please don't forget that we are still waiting on that and how long you sites in line. Was the event fun yes what could have been better a PA system and bottled water in the long lines. One guy passed out for those who were distracted by that last tank crush. 

Shibadogdog #109 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 19:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38529 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Just curious has ANYONE received promised items from this event? 3 weeks out, they expected to have all the personalized items ready on site in the 6hrs so how is it its still not done?

Painbringer71 #110 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 19:58

Major

• Players
  • 45247 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Nothing as of yet

oldiowaguy #111 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 21:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19795 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
Nothing received. Still waiting for my son's and my shirts, swagbags, personalized screenname lanyards, and Type 59 codes!

Shibadogdog #112 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 21:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38529 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
They promised you a type 59? Another thing I missed. 

oldiowaguy #113 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 22:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19795 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

View Postnvl1986, on Jul 30 2017 - 02:32, said:

not yet received my swag and they promised me a pz 2 j when I was leaving.  did not get the pz 2 j they gave me a type 59 instead plus another week of premium and 1000 gold.  I am happy with everything they have done for me and will patiently wait for my swag.  

^^^^^

View PostShibadogdog, on Aug 07 2017 - 14:28, said:

They promised you a type 59? Another thing I missed. 

nvl1986 got a Type 59, I was told by multiple people that were returning from standing in line that they were promised a tier VIII premium with their swag, I am just letting them know which one I would like to see! Positive thinking! Or a fool's hope, you decide!

oldiowaguy #114 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 23:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19795 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

Just received this email through Eventbrite:

Greetings Commander!

Thank you for your patience and support while we sorted out the logistics of your customized Let’s Battle Tour care package. 

We can now officially confirm that you will be receiving your personalized gear on or before Friday, August 11th. Your account should have also been credited for your patience but please reach out if you have not yet received your in-game compensation. 

We want to thank you again for your continued support and passion for both our games and our community. We are very fortunate to have players like you. 

-Wargaming America  

Shibadogdog #115 Posted Aug 07 2017 - 23:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 38529 battles
  • [DPS] DPS

View Postoldiowaguy, on Aug 07 2017 - 22:20, said:

Just received this email through Eventbrite:

Greetings Commander!

Thank you for your patience and support while we sorted out the logistics of your customized Let’s Battle Tour care package. 

We can now officially confirm that you will be receiving your personalized gear on or before Friday, August 11th. Your account should have also been credited for your patience but please reach out if you have not yet received your in-game compensation. 

We want to thank you again for your continued support and passion for both our games and our community. We are very fortunate to have players like you. 

-Wargaming America  

​Yep got that myself as well as a personal response to my message. I also received compensation even though I only asked for them to send my son something. Much appreciated. 

landedkiller #116 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
Wonder if the I game compensation was the gold we received that one day still sucks that I waited in that same line as that other guy who got the type 59 oh well not anything I can do about that

Thundersleet #117 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postlandedkiller, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:39, said:

Wonder if the I game compensation was the gold we received that one day still sucks that I waited in that same line as that other guy who got the type 59 oh well not anything I can do about that

There were only three people that were in line for the Sherman longer than me and my wife and none of them play WOT. I already supported Wargaming with multiple premium tank pruchases, including the Type 59. Hey WG there's a few I don't have yet. If you want to thank me for my patience (including the over 4 hours in line and over an hour at the entrance) I'd be happy to get a free Pudel.

landedkiller #118 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostThundersleet, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:39, said:

There were only three people that were in line for the Sherman longer than me and my wife and none of them play WOT. I already supported Wargaming with multiple premium tank pruchases, including the Type 59. Hey WG there's a few I don't have yet. If you want to thank me for my patience (including the over 4 hours in line and over an hour at the entrance) I'd be happy to get a free Pudel.

Hit the contact the organizer link in your email and maybe they will respond I am still waiting myself alright. 

landedkiller #119 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 04:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
Thank you wargaming it is nice to see that your staff is very kind indeed and thanks for putting on a great event :)

oldiowaguy #120 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 13:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19795 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3
Thank you!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users