• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

Thundersleet #21 Posted Jul 15 2017 - 04:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

See you there,

Edited by Thundersleet, Jul 15 2017 - 05:36.

Shibadogdog #22 Posted Jul 15 2017 - 23:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37419 battles
  • [DPS] DPS
Lots of people here.

Thundersleet #23 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 01:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

Spent two hours in traffic. Spent a hour and 45 in line to get in. Was given a tier number and told I would get my tank ride when my tier was called. Never heard ANYONE call ANY tier. Now I stand in line with at least another hour to wait because now they tell me "the tiers don't matter". And it's likely I wont get in a tank because it will be too long. I'm sure glad I bought tickets in May to stand behind people that got in free and came later than me.

Thundersleet #24 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 01:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER
Had I known they were going to throw out the tiers I would have gotten in line right away. And we had to ask to learn how the raffle tickets work. This event has almost no organization.

Proctous85 #25 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 05:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 107 battles
Yeah, getting bagdes at 5pm was a huge cluster F. Took us an hour and 30min from 445pm till after 6pm to get in, and NO badges given to ppl. But was giving tank tier card and codes for in-game. Then the bages ran out, so not even paying ppl got one. Ppl the paid money were in the same lines and pot and free General admission. No real coordination, no loud speaker for rafles, but free food and free beer was good. Lots of free swag, but then the shirt making broke, and now wargaming has to mail the custom shirts and bags, but to make up for this F up, they were taking down ppls names to send premium ship of choice to event goers. Atleast they tried to make good. I don't think they planned for 1500 ppl.

Proctous85 #26 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 05:38

Private

• -Players-
  • 107 battles
Also I flew in from Hawaii,  so yeah.. I hope wargaming does better at next event.

vmh20 #27 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 06:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8589 battles
  • [MAB] MAB
Had an absolute blast! If WG comes to Minnesota or someplace near MN again I will definitely be going. The event was a little messy at first, but as the day went on the better it got. :)

Sarne #28 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 07:11

Private

• Players
  • 40747 battles
  • [IOWA] IOWA

Lets battle tour

5 hour car ride to the event.

Wait in line for 1hour 45min no coordination of event.

Drive a Tank Staff very organized.

Food Vendor Very organized.

Wargamming had no idea.

5 hour car ride home

14 hours of my life I will never get back.

Will never attend anything that wargamming puts on. What a huge disappointment.

landedkiller #29 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 07:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles

View PostProctous85, on Jul 15 2017 - 22:26, said:

Yeah, getting bagdes at 5pm was a huge cluster F. Took us an hour and 30min from 445pm till after 6pm to get in, and NO badges given to ppl. But was giving tank tier card and codes for in-game. Then the bages ran out, so not even paying ppl got one. Ppl the paid money were in the same lines and pot and free General admission. No real coordination, no loud speaker for rafles, but free food and free beer was good. Lots of free swag, but then the shirt making broke, and now wargaming has to mail the custom shirts and bags, but to make up for this F up, they were taking down ppls names to send premium ship of choice to event goers. Atleast they tried to make good. I don't think they planned for 1500 ppl.

interesting I left at 9:30 when did this happen? note I was waiting in one of the lines for a t-shirt

_Jsoup_AKA_Saonima #30 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 08:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17468 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Thanks for hosting a fun and social event. Was great to see some familiar faces, got some free food+beer, car crushing, tank rides and free schwag. 

While there were a lot of complaints, got see MeatheadMilitia, Trobsmonkey and Junkershiryu in the flesh. Was a good time.

Seems like the bulk of their organizational tactics were made for a smaller turn out, far from perfect...

They tried very hard to be accommodating, but was evident to see the WG staff on site was overwhelmed and overworked by the massive turnout.

(Definitely helped that it was +90F for most of the day)

Jaspo #31 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 08:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 23829 battles
  • [4HIM3] 4HIM3

Jsoup, I was there with my cousin 8bitgamer, who you met at a different event...I guess we didn't run into each other again this time though.

Much to say about the event..later, at a more sane time of day...was chaos, was still fun, could've been better...and Trobsmonkey has an incredible ability to be everywhere at once. Most impressive.

Thundersleet #32 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 09:39

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View PostThundersleet, on Jul 15 2017 - 18:41, said:

Spent two hours in traffic. Spent a hour and 45 in line to get in. Was given a tier number and told I would get my tank ride when my tier was called. Never heard ANYONE call ANY tier. Now I stand in line with at least another hour to wait because now they tell me "the tiers don't matter". And it's likely I wont get in a tank because it will be too long. I'm sure glad I bought tickets in May to stand behind people that got in free and came later than me.

Guess what, I estimated WAYYYYYY Off. We were in line for four more hours after I made this post. We were the second to the last group to get a ride. The very last group had a guy and a kid (it was his friends kid that had a birthday coming up) that bought the places in line from another guy and his kid for $100. He did that when we were still well over two hours out and had no idea if we were going to be able to get on the tank. His gamble paid off because him and the kid got to be in the last group to ride. The third guy in their group was a kind stranger that swapped places so my wife could ride in the same group as me. We rode with his friend. It's the only Sherman Easy 8 that is available for the public to ride or drive so at least we had that experience.

VIP tickets didn't get us ANYTHING more than free or even people that didn't RSVP at all. There was a person both in front of us and behind us at the entrance that never even RSVP'd that got exactly what we did. Learn from our experience and don't bother to pay for a ticket or even RSVP for free because you get EVERYTHING the people that pay get. Donate direct to the cause if you want to feel good about helping someone. Matter of fact one guy that got a ride a couple of hours before we did came out laughing raised his fists in the air and yelled "YEAH NO TICKET, NO WAIVER!!!". So he didn't even so much as fill out a waiver for Drive a Tank. They never took our tank ride ticket and there was no way they were cross checking waivers so I have no doubt he was serious.

landedkiller #33 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 11:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles
I was already pissed off on not getting premium time and paying for vip ticket and then I find out that they were giving away premium tanks for the [edited]up. Just wow I was in line like everyone else from 6:30pm to 9:30pm and no line movement and no announcements. I did submit a dam ticket normally I am not unresonable but not getting the premium time i paid for along with no merchandise which I paid for is really messed up.

landedkiller #34 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 11:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles

View PostThundersleet, on Jul 16 2017 - 02:39, said:

Guess what, I estimated WAYYYYYY Off. We were in line for four more hours after I made this post. We were the second to the last group to get a ride. The very last group had a guy and a kid (it was his friends kid that had a birthday coming up) that bought the places in line from another guy and his kid for $100. He did that when we were still well over two hours out and had no idea if we were going to be able to get on the tank. His gamble paid off because him and the kid got to be in the last group to ride. The third guy in their group was a kind stranger that swapped places so my wife could ride in the same group as me. We rode with his friend. It's the only Sherman Easy 8 that is available for the public to ride or drive so at least we had that experience.

VIP tickets didn't get us ANYTHING more than free or even people that didn't RSVP at all. There was a person both in front of us and behind us at the entrance that never even RSVP'd that got exactly what we did. Learn from our experience and don't bother to pay for a ticket or even RSVP for free because you get EVERYTHING the people that pay get. Donate direct to the cause if you want to feel good about helping someone. Matter of fact one guy that got a ride a couple of hours before we did came out laughing raised his fists in the air and yelled "YEAH NO TICKET, NO WAIVER!!!". So he didn't even so much as fill out a waiver for Drive a Tank. They never took our tank ride ticket and there was no way they were cross checking waivers so I have no doubt he was serious.

Yes they did away with the tier system and made everyone line up single file and than you had to ride the tank that came up you didn't get to choose if you didn't take the tank you had to go to the back of the line poorly planned event. Not to mention that me and my grandfather had to drive two hours another hour for him just to get home just a major screw up. SO many people were in the three lines to get that customized merchandise the t-shirt and the messenger bag at least 100 in each line no exaggeration dead serious. I mean who wants to sit in a line fore three hours and then you get home and the people who stayed till ten actually get free stuff. I had been to the venue before and when I went this time people who were supposed to know what was going didn't know what was going on and to top it off no annoucements of any kind on tank ride changes or  customized merchandise changes. wargaming better do something. I am royally pissed off with wargaming for how they handled this and not to mention not giving me premium time which i paid for. AIn't seeing another red cent till they apologize for wasting me and my grandfather's time.

Edited by landedkiller, Jul 16 2017 - 11:54.

RecceDog #35 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 12:16

Private

• Players
  • 28632 battles
  • [ATOME] ATOME

We were there.  Had a blast -thanks WG.  Were there lines - of course, where wouldn't there be that was worth going to.  I got a lot of stuff for my twenty bucks!!  Were there hiccups - of course, but who cares.  The WG staff was awesome!!!  The Dirive-A-Tank staff was awesome.  

Got pictures with MeatHead!  Had some great food.  All that in itself would have made it worth it for a measly $20 - BUT to top it off I rode in the gunner's hatch of a M4A3E8.  An honest, real, diesel smoke belching, track clankin' Sherman.  THANKS WG.  I saw a lot of people havin' a great time. I can't say it enough - THANKS WG Staff...

We'll see you in Ohio and Texas.

Thundersleet #36 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 12:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

View Postlandedkiller, on Jul 16 2017 - 04:34, said:

Yes they did away with the tier system and made everyone line up single file and than you had to ride the tank that came up you didn't get to choose if you didn't take the tank you had to go to the back of the line poorly planned event. Not to mention that me and my grandfather had to drive two hours another hour for him just to get home just a major screw up. SO many people were in the three lines to get that customized merchandise the t-shirt and the messenger bag at least 100 in each line no exaggeration dead serious. I mean who wants to sit in a line fore three hours and then you get home and the people who stayed till ten actually get free stuff. I had been to the venue before and when I went this time people who were supposed to know what was going didn't know what was going on and to top it off no annoucements of any kind on tank ride changes or  customized merchandise changes. wargaming better do something. I am royally pissed off with wargaming for how they handled this and not to mention not giving me premium time which i paid for. AIn't seeing another red cent till they apologize for wasting me and my grandfather's time.

Sorry about you and your grandfather having to put up with the mess. My wife and I had bought tickets in May and we spent almost the entire time in one line or another. 

Thundersleet #37 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 12:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER
People were so hot in the line at the entrance that I ran back to our car and brought our cooler back and handed out a bunch of Mountain Dew and Coke to people that were getting overheated. Yup I'm the good samaritan. Geeze the drinks were free after you got in. Why didn't they get someone to hand out drinks while they waited in line? Did the staff need to see someone drop to call in a medic? 

landedkiller #38 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 12:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7783 battles

View PostThundersleet, on Jul 16 2017 - 05:30, said:

People were so hot in the line at the entrance that I ran back to our car and brought our cooler back and handed out a bunch of Mountain Dew and Coke to people that were getting overheated. Yup I'm the good samaritan. Geeze the drinks were free after you got in. Why didn't they get someone to hand out drinks while they waited in line? Did the staff need to see someone drop to call in a medic? 

They hauled away the drinks at around 8:30pm thank you for your kind words it means a lot. It was a major srew up by wg hope they do something I sent in a ticket

Edited by landedkiller, Jul 16 2017 - 12:49.

Thundersleet #39 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 13:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 9802 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

This is what two VIP tickets got my wife and I. Tickets bought in May and we were in the parking lot by 4:45 PM. We probably spent less than than 45 mins not standing in a line. We left when we were booted by the organizer (shortly before 11 PM) while standing in line to get the SWAG with a promise to be taken care of. A LOT of people who didn't even RSVP left with more.

VIPswag.jpg

mcwrench #40 Posted Jul 16 2017 - 13:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11864 battles
Had a blast. Good food, cool high quality coin, cool pins, nice tee. And the tanks, ooohh yea baby the tanks. Was there confusion? Sure, but not more of a pain than going to a fair or an amusement park. Shame some didn't enjoy themselves and I wish they could have. But for me there was a HUGE bonus, and that was seeing replacement parts for vehicles on racking in the main building. Engines, gearboxes, transmissions. I am a mechanic and also grew up on a farm and have worked on a LOT of equipment, but seeing this stuff was incredible. Didn't ride the Easy8 but the fact that I had the privilege the see, hear and smell one was a dream come true. Could it have been better, of course, but for me the glass is half full. Thanks WG. And thanks to Drive A Tank!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users